• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Williamt101

Smash Rookie
If push comes to shove, then Daisy being a clone would be better than her not being in the game at all; however, I still firmly believe she is much too unique to be clone material. If it were up to me, she would not fight in her dress, rather, in one of her sport outfits.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
At this point I would settle if Daisy becomes what Lucina was going to be. A very polished, with different name and voice alt costume for Peach.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm weirded out by this one leak popping about including a lot wanted characters plus a lot of clones and then that "Mini Kangaroo"-guy - but it includes Daisy as one of the clones.

I also wonder if Peach being reworked might have something to do with Daisy. Toad seems bit a stretch at this point, but perhaps if Peach got new things down her sleeve while Daisy receives her old stuff (essentially Tink... hmm...), I guess it's better than nothing for her in a game where Peach and Rosie are.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm weirded out by this one leak popping about including a lot wanted characters plus a lot of clones and then that "Mini Kangaroo"-guy - but it includes Daisy as one of the clones.

I also wonder if Peach being reworked might have something to do with Daisy. Toad seems bit a stretch at this point, but perhaps if Peach got new things down her sleeve while Daisy receives her old stuff (essentially Tink... hmm...), I guess it's better than nothing for her in a game where Peach and Rosie are.
Normally I'm not the type of guy to easily believe any rumor, but it's rather interesting nonetheless. After all, we barely saw anything of Peach in the PTOD and she wasn't included in any of the demos. I wouldn't mind if she were to be a clone with some additional effects to make her different.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the rumor is true. That's a laundry list of characters for one we're supposedly reaching the bottom of the barrel.
Anyways, hi. Previously on Smashboards, I did not support Daisy. In fact, I was always vehemently against her inclusion due to "canon" Daisy (If Mario even has a "canon") to be incredibly annoying. That said, I've warmed up to Daisy for one reason, and one reason only:
In Video Game Championship Wrestling, kinda what you get when you take a professional wrestling game, include several player-made characters from fiction, and basically put them into the same wrestling setting and plots. This requires some rewriting of the characters to work with such plots: Understandable, given that this same thing happens in Wrestling. However, the biggest change for me, and the one I loved the most?
Ax-Crazy Heel Daisy. No, seriously.
For this reason, and the fact that it looks like Zelda: Skyward Sword is getting the fifth character slot, I support Daisy's inclusion in Smash. Just.... Only if Ridley and Impa are added in first.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't think the rumor is true. That's a laundry list of characters for one we're supposedly reaching the bottom of the barrel.
Anyways, hi. Previously on Smashboards, I did not support Daisy. In fact, I was always vehemently against her inclusion due to "canon" Daisy (If Mario even has a "canon") to be incredibly annoying. That said, I've warmed up to Daisy for one reason, and one reason only:
In Video Game Championship Wrestling, kinda what you get when you take a professional wrestling game, include several player-made characters from fiction, and basically put them into the same wrestling setting and plots. This requires some rewriting of the characters to work with such plots: Understandable, given that this same thing happens in Wrestling. However, the biggest change for me, and the one I loved the most?
Ax-Crazy Heel Daisy. No, seriously.
For this reason, and the fact that it looks like Zelda: Skyward Sword is getting the fifth character slot, I support Daisy's inclusion in Smash. Just.... Only if Ridley and Impa are added in first.
Welcome to the support list and I've glad you've managed to change your mind about Daisy over the years. I haven't really watched VGCW before, but I'm really interested to start watching thanks to you.

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
Holy crap, that leak better be real lol. I don't know why I'm bothering getting hyped up about it, that seems like waaaay too many characters/

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I support Princess Daisy to appear in some playable capacity! I've always imagined that if Princess Daisy was ever playable in the Smash installments, she can be a down-and-dirty fighter. In other words, where Princess Peach fights "elegantly" with slaps, Princess Daisy can fight more "unwieldy" with punches. It'd be so awesome! (Also, no one would have to constantly accuse Princess Daisy to be a clone of Princess Peach all the time!)

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
I'm surprised at how many people are negative towards Daisy.

Whenever I mention her, I get about a million "what?" Stares. I have always preferred her over peach for my own reasons, and I could imagine her kicking someone's butt in ssb4 rather than Peach, (Boswers main target btw)

Maybe people don't really like her beacause she hasn't made as many appearences and doesn't have her own series.

But perhaps I'm wrong, maybe their are more "Daisy lovers" out there.

for those who support her, why?

And for those who don't, why not?

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I do like Daisy, I'm sure she could be a unique character for SSB, and I'm pretty sure I'd like playing as her. That said, I'm not fond of the idea of including her in SSB.

I feel this way mostly because I feel we have enough Mario reps as it is, particularly with their now being 5 Mario reps. If more series were represented and the series currently represented had more playable characters than they currently do I may be more inclined to have additional Mario reps, but as of the moment they do not. I also feel, though my preference is for Daisy, that other Mario reps such as Bowser Jr and Waluigi would be more deserving of a playable spot due to more key roles in the Mario series (Bowser Jr having been a key villain in several main Mario games and Waluigi having been the main villain of a Mario game, even if it was a spin-off dancing game).

I will say that I'd have much preferred Daisy over Rosalina & Luma, though the fact that she'd still have been a 5th Mario rep would still trouble me in the end.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
She's served as little more than a counterpart to Peach with different looks and personality. Even as a counterpart, she's only appeared in spin-off games save for the one time where she had a role in the story, which was in Super Mario Land.

I don't mind her being playable as long as it's just her as an alternate costume for Peach, with a new model and voice, as well as flowers replacing hearts in her attacks. Even so, I don't blame them if they don't put her in the game; she is most definitely a low priority character based on who she is as a character right now.

So I don't think she has the merits to be her own separate character. She is basically Peach with a different voice, looks, and personality - a princess, and damsel in distress. She's almost in a Waluigi situation, the only differences being her physical similarities with her counterpart Peach and her one role in the plot of one of the games in the main Mario series.

So it's not really hate, as much as it is questioning why people think Daisy has any priority to be a playable character in the first place.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Since she's mostly a spin off character for the Mario sports and Party games, that's all they can pull a moveset from. And that's the exact reason I didn't want Miis either. Same goes for Waluigi though he at least has an obsession with bombs in some games.

Hong

The Strongest
@ Kay kay Kay kay
We already have a thread for Daisy, and all matters related to her should reside here. Thus, I've merged your thread into this one.

Thank you.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi was also a major character in the Camelot games, and is a lot more popular overall. Charles Martinets himself wishes that he'd get his own game.
Daisy still has the upper hand though, as she was from a game that wasn't a spin-off.

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
Well then Bowser jr gameplay footage leaked, another nail in princess Daisy's playable coffin v_v how depressing.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well then Bowser jr gameplay footage leaked, another nail in princess Daisy's playable coffin v_v how depressing.
I think a silver lining could emerge from this for Daisy, if looking from some points:

Bowser Jr seems to mostly fight by using his Koopa Clown Car instead of his own. There were rumours for Bowser Jr. to have Koopalings as his alternate costumes, which now seems even more possible if looking at the footage:

Perhaps Daisy's best chance now is if Sakurai and the team decide to take Peach's Daisy-costume and turn that to alternate character akin to some we've seen now (Male Wii Fit Trainer).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think a silver lining could emerge from this for Daisy, if looking from some points:

Bowser Jr seems to mostly fight by using his Koopa Clown Car instead of his own. There were rumours for Bowser Jr. to have Koopalings as his alternate costumes, which now seems even more possible if looking at the footage:

Perhaps Daisy's best chance now is if Sakurai and the team decide to take Peach's Daisy-costume and turn that to alternate character akin to some we've seen now (Male Wii Fit Trainer).
I've seen the trophy leaks and the face Wario is making is the exact same as the one he makes on the leaked roster. It's legit alright and I think she won't make it since there's already 7 Mario reps now that Junior and Dr. Mario (though only in roster format) were shown. The only chance she has now is if there will be more DLC along the line, though I doubt anyone would be happy with 8 Mario characters in Smash.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I've seen the trophy leaks and the face Wario is making is the exact same as the one he makes on the leaked roster. It's legit alright and I think she won't make it since there's already 7 Mario reps now that Junior and Dr. Mario (though only in roster format) were shown. The only chance she has now is if there will be more DLC along the line, though I doubt anyone would be happy with 8 Mario characters in Smash.
I more of thought that she won't get her own slot akin to Koopalings, but is an alternative living "costume" to Peach. Think Male Wii Fit Trainer or Girl Villagers.

I think this is her best shot now, and if the whole thing about 8 alternative costumes for each character is true, then it might give some space to hope.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I more of thought that she won't get her own slot akin to Koopalings, but is an alternative living "costume" to Peach. Think Male Wii Fit Trainer or Girl Villagers.

I think this is her best shot now, and if the whole thing about 8 alternative costumes for each character is true, then it might give some space to hope.
That will be good enough for me, especially if the Koopalings do become alternates for Bowser Jr. All that's needed is for the voice to actually change to make things more convincing (assuming the same could happen to the Wii Fit Trainers and Koopalings). If not, then having her appearance look more like the real Daisy should be satisfying enough for her fanbase. I will be looking forward to maining Peach in that outfit once I finally see it with my own eyes. :awesome:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
That will be good enough for me, especially if the Koopalings do become alternates for Bowser Jr. All that's needed is for the voice to actually change to make things more convincing (assuming the same could happen to the Wii Fit Trainers and Koopalings). If not, then having her appearance look more like the real Daisy should be satisfying enough for her fanbase. I will be looking forward to maining Peach in that outfit once I finally see it with my own eyes. :awesome:
I can see Daisy as a Peach alt as more than possible. Considering that Sakurai has done Daisy costumes before and that WFT and Robin have different hair/voices, he could shorten Peach's hair, add Daisy's voice, and make her dress orange. Heck, they might even change the hearts to flowers/add chubbier cheeks. That new ribbon Peach has? It could be orange too, since Daisy is also part of M&S @ the Olympics.

Bowser Jr. may also have the Koopalings as alts, which indicates different voices/character models (in the car, anyway). The Koopalings are usually not associated with the Koopa Car (barring NSMB2, where they all rode together in the same car). If they are playable characters through someone else's moveset, then Daisy can be playable though Peach as an alt. (Besides, customizable stats/moves for Peach can create Daisy. Possibly.) Also, Daisy can be easier to make than the male WFT or even the Koopalings; all she needs is an orange dress with flowers, shorter gloves, her voice, and shorter brown hair. Compare that to a whole male body for WFT or the Koopalings with radically different hair and voices.

Sakurai did say that he wants Smash to be the number one character game in the world, and adding an additional (and somewhat requested) character that is similar-looking to another one can be beneficial!

Thoughts?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can see Daisy as a Peach alt as more than possible. Considering that Sakurai has done Daisy costumes before and that WFT and Robin have different hair/voices, he could shorten Peach's hair, add Daisy's voice, and make her dress orange. Heck, they might even change the hearts to flowers/add chubbier cheeks. That new ribbon Peach has? It could be orange too, since Daisy is also part of M&S @ the Olympics.

Bowser Jr. may also have the Koopalings as alts, which indicates different voices/character models (in the car, anyway). The Koopalings are usually not associated with the Koopa Car (barring NSMB2, where they all rode together in the same car). If they are playable characters through someone else's moveset, then Daisy can be playable though Peach as an alt. (Besides, customizable stats/moves for Peach can create Daisy. Possibly.) Also, Daisy can be easier to make than the male WFT or even the Koopalings; all she needs is an orange dress with flowers, shorter gloves, her voice, and shorter brown hair. Compare that to a whole male body for WFT or the Koopalings with radically different hair and voices.

Sakurai did say that he wants Smash to be the number one character game in the world, and adding an additional (and somewhat requested) character that is similar-looking to another one can be beneficial!

Thoughts?
Many of the differences that you had described can easily work, especially changing the details of the dress and the overall face. If they went out of their way to even have Koopaling outfits, then there's no excuse on why they can't put more effort in giving Peach a believable Dasiy alt. Though I can't tell if Lucina's sword effects are slightly different from Marth's, having flower effects instead of hearts can easily work for making her standout instead of having Peach's heart effects. Missing out on such an opportunity would be severely lazy on Sakurai's part and he could make plenty of Mario fans happy without having 8 Mario characters in the main roster. I will eventually keep an eye on some gameplay videos and future PtoD's to see if he would actually come to this idea since the leaker would only focus on details regarding the newcomers.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I posted a whole theory for this in Tumblr:

From what resurfaced from leaks, it’s looking that we’re getting more costumes altering characters completely in SSB4. The Koopaling-alt thing is being supported quite by the fact that there’s now Larry-trophy depicting in one (unusually for him) and even Bowser Jr not fighting by his own rather, but his Koopa Clown Car.
This would support the idea of easily switching the “Driver” to other Koopalings in a whim, as they’d function same.

We also saw Metal Sonic in one leak video some days ago, showing him as another Alt Costume for Sonic, which now changes the character completely. Lastly, since the leak appears quite true, we could expect Alph to be one of Olimar’s alternate character look too akin to above characters and in fashion of Male Wii Fit Trainer, female Villagers and F!Robin.

Considering she was a basis for Peach’s yellow palette costume in last games. could this mean we might see Daisy as an ascended alt for Peach this time?

Metal Sonic-leak video here.

You all should read it up, I think we can start looking forward to this now?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

From what resurfaced from leaks, it’s looking that we’re getting more costumes altering characters completely in SSB4. The Koopaling-alt thing is being supported quite by the fact that there’s now Larry-trophy depicting in one (unusually for him) and even Bowser Jr not fighting by his own rather, but his Koopa Clown Car.
This would support the idea of easily switching the “Driver” to other Koopalings in a whim, as they’d function same.

We also saw Metal Sonic in one leak video some days ago, showing him as another Alt Costume for Sonic, which now changes the character completely. Lastly, since the leak appears quite true, we could expect Alph to be one of Olimar’s alternate character look too akin to above characters and in fashion of Male Wii Fit Trainer, female Villagers and F!Robin.

Considering she was a basis for Peach’s yellow palette costume in last games. could this mean we might see Daisy as an ascended alt for Peach this time?

Excellent, this theory actually makes ton of sense if all of these clues add up. All aboard the Daisy alt hype train, supporters!

Neo Gazer

Smash Rookie
Well ive always liked Daisy (not as much as peach but very much still). my sister is a big fan of hers (she loves Daisy and dislikes Peach) so im all for having her in SSB.

i reality, if the reason for Dr.Mario getting in is because of slight modifications like lucina (really, why would you have to modify mario with a doctor coat?) then the same would be done for daisy at-least (even though i think she has more potential then just a clone)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well ive always liked Daisy (not as much as peach but very much still). my sister is a big fan of hers (she loves Daisy and dislikes Peach) so im all for having her in SSB.

i reality, if the reason for Dr.Mario getting in is because of slight modifications like lucina (really, why would you have to modify mario with a doctor coat?) then the same would be done for daisy at-least (even though i think she has more potential then just a clone)
There are 4 empty slots left based on the leak that haven't be unlocked and doubt any of them would be another Mario character since there's already 7 of them (including Junior and Dr. Mario). So as far as she could go is a heavily edited alt since Junior is at least getting 7 of them modeled after the Koopalings based on the leak's description. It's better having her with an altered appearance and a different voice for a preexisting fighter than not having her in the game at all.

The reason for Doctor Mario being a clone is because he's at least from a very popular puzzle game series and one of the earliest Mario spinoffs in existence. The Lucina theory (like him original being an alt, then being a fighter for modifications) is a another good reason for his inclusion while being a popular clone from Melee. The real kicker however is that he has even less haters than the likes of Daisy and Waluigi to a lesser extent. While Bowser Junior was already a pretty divisive Mario character, he at least play a huge role in most modern Mario games (spinoff or main game) and he has a close relationship to the main antagonist himself. Those could be the main reasons why these two had high priority than Daisy or any other potential Mario rep.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Been supporting her for a long time but I don't believe I've ever visited this thread. Please add me to the list :D

I think she's very likely to be a fleshed out alt for Peach at this point, like you all have said. However, I wouldn't mind her having her own spot even if she's a clone.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Fully plausible, sure. But I would personally be disappointed.

However, my disappointment stems from the fact that I don't enjoy Peach's moveset. At all. Never liked using her. If Daisy got her own costume but used the exact same moveset, I likely wouldn't be using her.

Invader ZIM

Smash Rookie
I've only recently started liking Daisy. Partly because I feel bad because she hasn't had any notable roles since SML, and partly because I like her loud personality :3. Definitely support her being added to Smash - you can add me to the list or something (just joined, not sure how that works.)

And yeah, I, too, would be a little disappointed if all she gets is Peach alt status. Not that that's a bad thing - I'd actually be really happy if they ended up making her a more fleshed out Peach alt (voice, dress, and all). It's just that I'd be waaaaay more ecstatic if she was her own character lol. Seeing what kind of moveset the devs could come up with would be interesting. Buuut an alt is better than nothing I suppose! Oh, but if she does get nothing, then Imma be pretty sad D:

Also, would Peach alt status sorta disqualify her from being DLC (if DLC ever gets announced - with MK8, anything's possible :o!)? It'd be weird having Daisy in the game as both an alt and a playable character lol. Then again, not to sound pessimistic, but would she even have a shot at being DLC, or would other characters (cut vets, for example) take priority?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
@ Invader ZIM Invader ZIM : I don't see Sakurai creating a DLC character who's already being represented in the game. For some reason, that just strikes me as something he wouldn't do. If so, that would eliminate alternate costumes and assist trophies entirely.

I'm also still not sure if DLC will happen. Nintendo is still very new to trying out the concept. But considering it's now made its way to Mario Golf and Mario Kart, it's certainly a possibility. I believed Sakurai when he said none was currently planned, however.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys! Sakurai's confirmed that ALL characters have 8 costumes! This means that Princess Peach could have 4 and Princess Daisy can have 4 as well! (With their normal outfits counted as one for each of them!)

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Please I hope Daisy is a character alt for Peach. I use Peach for fun but using Daisy in competitive play will be so funny! Beating someone with daisy and her saying "hi I'm daisy" will piss people off XD

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Hey guys! Sakurai's confirmed that ALL characters have 8 costumes! This means that Princess Peach could have 4 and Princess Daisy can have 4 as well! (With their normal outfits counted as one for each of them!)
I think that if anything happens, it'll be the Zamus case; 6 for Peach and 2 for Daisy.

I'd be all down for having Daisy as that kind of alt. Even if I couldn't technically play as her I could use that spunky personality to troll my friends.

I really hope for both Miis and "Alt Costumes" like the supposed Alph, Daisy, and Koopalings that it actually displays that one's name rather than the original (I.E. say Lucina had taken her original role, saying Lucina on the screen rather than Marth.)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I kept thinking of what some people said here and maybe I might now lean on not thinking she's gonna be an alt for Peach, unless they change the animations to match Daisy's personality. Sadly it seems to not be the case due Alph, Metal Sonic and the upcoming Koopalings being mostly identical and seamless to act like their original counterparts.

Of course, they might not care about that when implementing Daisy, though that'd result in what is very "Peachy" Daisy.

But I don't wish to give up on her, just taking on account that she might be more special case of implementation as an Alt, as it might make her more of a work to do on than even clones before her. That should even warrant her a spot in Smash but that's already gone to Doc.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Oh absolutely, I'd love to see Daisy as Peach's alt. When I saw Peach's orange alt in Melee and Brawl, I used to say: "Couldn't they just put Daisy instead?"

Just like Alph can be Olimar's alt, or Lucina could've been Marth's alt, Daisy can be Peach's alt. ;)

Of course, they might not care about that when implementing Daisy, though that'd result in what is very "Peachy" Daisy.
To be perfectly honest, we have no clue how Sakurai would handle this kind of alts since none was officially confirmed. However I believe he would do the sensible thing and chance voices and taunts, while keeping the same exact gameplay and moveset.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
To be perfectly honest, we have no clue how Sakurai would handle this kind of alts since none was officially confirmed. However I believe he would do the sensible thing and chance voices and taunts, while keeping the same exact gameplay and moveset.
I know. Just not wanting to get my hopes too high.

On that, I guess so. A lot Daisy's fans though see her as burly fist-fighter than a slapping bum-throwing princess like Peach. Also throwing vegetables or using parasols and Toads seems strange to her. This is why I hope they change the aesthetics of Daisy's animations when executing Peach's moves, to better reflect her tomboy personality compared to Peach's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom