• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Would emails to Nintendo work as well?

I think I remember seeing some article about Daisy in Smash. Most of it was written from her perspective (>_>) but it could work.
Ah, emails can definitely work too since they do like to read any form of feedback from fans. I remember Arcadenik doing something similar years ago in regards to giving Toad a new game (Which came true in the form of Super Mario 3D World and Captain Toad's Treasure Trackers).

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Ah, emails can definitely work too since they do like to read any form of feedback from fans. I remember Arcadenik doing something similar years ago in regards to giving Toad a new game (Which came true in the form of Super Mario 3D World and Captain Toad's Treasure Trackers).
Alright then, emails it is! I hope I'm not the only that's been emailing them about the Daisy alt!

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Hey, do you guys think I should post what has been said here on various Tumblr blogs? That ChallengerApproaching one had a well-received article about Daisy being an alt and the blog just seems... popular, overall. Maybe we can convince them to add the Daisy alt DLC in their emails to Nintendo (if they actually email them)?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey, do you guys think I should post what has been said here on various Tumblr blogs? That ChallengerApproaching one had a well-received article about Daisy being an alt and the blog just seems... popular, overall. Maybe we can convince them to add the Daisy alt DLC in their emails to Nintendo (if they actually email them)?
Sure, whatever is the best way to spread awareness. Tumblr has a pretty active community that will be willing to follow anything they see. I might play my part this Wednesday however since today and tomorrow will be pretty busy for me.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
My goodness, I really want Daisy as a playable character.. Either as an alt, or as a separate character.

As much as I would love her as an alt, I don't know if they'd make her an alt since no other alt character has special effect changes. If they gave Peach a Daisy alt, they'd have to give her flower effects, an orange ribbon up smash, possibly Toadette (or a yellow Toad) and also change her Final Smash by making it show pictures of Daisy instead of Peach and replace the peach items with maybe oranges or mangoes. I don't think an alt could have that much changes because Lucina and Dr. Mario are separate.

So if you do EMAIL them, ask them not just about Daisy as an alt, but as a separate character as well, since Daisy as an alt would need too many special effect changes.

I will email them too, but how do I do it?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
My goodness, I really want Daisy as a playable character.. Either as an alt, or as a separate character.

As much as I would love her as an alt, I don't know if they'd make her an alt since no other alt character has special effect changes.
Well, the Yoshis have eggs matching their colors. Making flowers appears instead of hearts is basically the same thing. And Peach does have parasols matching her color too, so I don't think it's unrealisable.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Well, the Yoshis have eggs matching their colors. Making flowers appears instead of hearts is basically the same thing. And Peach does have parasols matching her color too, so I don't think it's unrealisable.
Well the egg colors and the parasol colors are textures. Textures can in fact change between alts, like the Koopa Clown Cars' rims when the Koopalings are switched.

Daisy's flower effects would be special effects, so I don't know if they'd be able to change them. After all, when Peach changes her alternate colors her hearts don't change (for example, Peach Bomber doesn't make white hearts when she is wearing the wedding costume).

Anyway, despite this, I hope Nintendo makes her an alt with flower effects anyway.

Sadly, there are many other reasons that cause me to worry.

1) There is a Mii Wig with Daisy's hair. Athough this doesn't exactly disprove Daisy, to me, it seems like it does a bit.

2) Daisy is a trophy in both the 3DS and the WiiU version already. In the 3DS game she wears her tennis outfit, and in the Nintendo direct we can see a sports outfit trophy for her. Hopefully despite these trophies she can still become an alt.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Btw, I think she's better off being an alt for Peach. :ohwell: I'm aware that's there's no limit for characters per series, but there's SO MANY MARIO CHARACTERS THOUGH!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Btw, I think she's better off being an alt for Peach. :ohwell: I'm aware that's there's no limit for characters per series, but there's SO MANY MARIO CHARACTERS THOUGH!
You have to be more specific. Do you mean alt as in recolor? Or alt as in character swap like the Koopalings?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well the egg colors and the parasol colors are textures. Textures can in fact change between alts, like the Koopa Clown Cars' rims when the Koopalings are switched.

Daisy's flower effects would be special effects, so I don't know if they'd be able to change them. After all, when Peach changes her alternate colors her hearts don't change (for example, Peach Bomber doesn't make white hearts when she is wearing the wedding costume).

Anyway, despite this, I hope Nintendo makes her an alt with flower effects anyway.

Sadly, there are many other reasons that cause me to worry.

1) There is a Mii Wig with Daisy's hair. Athough this doesn't exactly disprove Daisy, to me, it seems like it does a bit.

2) Daisy is a trophy in both the 3DS and the WiiU version already. In the 3DS game she wears her tennis outfit, and in the Nintendo direct we can see a sports outfit trophy for her. Hopefully despite these trophies she can still become an alt.
But the hearts are a texture nonetheless. Just a picture! I don't think it's too different.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Daisy would make an awesome Alt, not a character.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
What do you guys think of my Daisy alternate costume edit with Toadette that I made? (NOTE: I did not make my Daisy user icon)

Also, what do you think of my Daisy and Pauline alt movesets for Peach? (NOTE: I did NOT draw the Toadette picture)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What do you guys think of my Daisy alternate costume edit with Toadette that I made? (NOTE: I did not make my Daisy user icon)

Also, what do you think of my Daisy and Pauline alt movesets for Peach? (NOTE: I did NOT draw the Toadette picture)
Seems pretty good, especially in terms of making the moves flower themed so that it suits the character more than just watching Daisy throw vegetables. Using Toadette as the meat shield was a nice touch too.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Wow! This is great! You know, I'd LOVE to see Pauline as an alt. for Princess Peach alongside Princess Daisy! (Let's be real here, it's pretty obvious that on the VERY slim sliver of a chance that Pauline becomes a playable character in Smash, this is realistically her BEST chance. Sadly, the same could most likely be said for Princess Daisy herself as well.)

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Thank you both!

Here are my other alternate costume DLC characters.

Bowser ---> Dry Bowser - Breaths blue fire and turns into Giga Dry Bowser.

Ness ---> Lucas

Zelda ---> Skyward Sword design and Ocarina of Time design

Peach ---> Cat Peach - Uses Cat Toad as her B move from Super Mario 3D World in place of Peach's regular Toad.
Peach ---> Daisy - Uses Toadette for her B move, has flower effects in place of Peach's heart effects, and summons oranges or mangoes instead of peaches in her Final Smash.

Sadly, I don't think any of these would even be possible because Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit are not alts. As much as I want aDaisy alt, I don't think they'd make her an alt since those 3 characters are not alts.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sadly, I don't think any of these would even be possible because Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit are not alts. As much as I want aDaisy alt, I don't think they'd make her an alt since those 3 characters are not alts.
Except those characters get to have free passes since they have more merits than the likes of Daisy. Dr. Mario was a popular Melee clone that represents one of Nintendo's few puzzle games, Dark Pit was Pit's rival that played a huge role in Kid Icarus Uprising, and Lucina was arguably the main star of Awakening that became a fan favorite to the Fire Emblem fans. As much as I'd like a playable Daisy, she has way too many Mario characters to compete with (one of them being in an upcoming Wii U title).

The same thing can easily be argued for the Koopalings, who were relevant in the past and became overshadowed by Bowser Jr. these days. They did have the potential of being unique characters, there's too many of them to add as their own characters. Which is why them being alts for Junior was the best decision on Sakurai's part. Same thing can easily happen with Daisy since she is sadly only relevant to spinoffs and not deserving enough for her own slot. Just imagine the amount of Smash fans that would literally whine if Sakurai had the nerve to make her as a fighter instead of a downloadable outfit. I think being an alt would be the best choice for a character like her, unless Nintendo themselves consider giving her a better role than just "spinoff fodder" (which has a small chance of happening).

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

That's awesome! I'll support Daisy and Pauline as character alts for Smash 4 DLC.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's been awhile since something happened here.

What could Daisy's ring name be for the Punch-Out!! stage?
I was thinking along the lines of "The Orange Bruiser" (As a reference to her role in Strikers Charged) or "Princess of the Desert Kingdom". The later has a nicer ring to it though.

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking along the lines of "The Orange Bruiser" (As a reference to her role in Strikers Charged) or "Princess of the Desert Kingdom". The later has a nicer ring to it though.
Considering how weird some are, they could even go with "Flowered Tomboy".
All those names sound great! Anything that's not "Orange Peach" would be fantastic

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I emailed Nintendo of America about Daisy and got a response.

First, here was my email I wrote:

I am a huge fan of the Mario games your company makes. I love the adventure games, the party games, the sports ones, and the Kart racing games!
But something I noticed is that Daisy doesn't appear in the adventure games. Why is this the case? I noticed it recently, and it seems odd. She's only in the regular games. Do you think in the future you will have Super Mario games that will feature Daisy as the damsel in distress who needs to be rescued?
I remember a friend of mine mentioning that Daisy was originally in a GameBoy adventure game where Mario had to save her. But why isn't she in any games like that nowadays? We only get to see Princess Peach.
I also wonder why your team did not add Princess Daisy into Super Smash Bros. as a playable character. We only got Peach and Rosalina. Why not Daisy? She has many fans too who like her. In the future, do you plan to release Daisy as a DLC character? I would love for her to get a nice spotlight for once.

Thank you!
and here is a Nintendo employee's response:

Hello,

Thanks for writing. I would like to start this email by apologizing for the delay in our reply. We have been unseasonably busy for this time of year.
I can certainly understand your interest in seeing Princess Daisy make more appearances in various Mario games and in the latest Super Smash Bros. games. While I would like to be able to tell you why she doesn't appear in certain games, I am afraid that this kind of information is not available. It is up to the development team of each game to decide what characters may show up. However, I will be documenting your comments and make them available to the other departments here at Nintendo. This way we will have a way of knowing what our fans would like to see from us in the future.
Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Jeremy Johnston

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wow, so Nintendo does pay attention....Sometimes......
More like they realize that Daisy can't really get a role higher than being a filler character these days. Only time will truly tell if Sarasaland's Princess will ever catch break instead of go-karting with Peach.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
More like they realize that Daisy can't really get a role higher than being a filler character these days. Only time will truly tell if Sarasaland's Princess will ever catch break instead of go-karting with Peach.
Boy, Sadly, is that the truth...Say, Going off-topic a little bit, I made a little headcanon character bio on the cast of Pilot Wings 64. Check it out on the Pilot Wings thread when you get a chance, okay? Tell me what you think of it!​

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I really wish that they redesigned Daisy to make her unique and make her a fierce and competitive character with actual flower powers. She's way too similar to Peach and that has to change.

Why not return her tan and make her more like a flapper? Rejecting the more Victorian-style Peach has would be great. They should also put her in different classes in the spinoffs. Like, make her Medium-weight in Mario Kart and Defensive in Mario Tennis/other titles.

Also, wouldn't it be great if they established her as a ruler again and not a Peach clone? Peach has Toads, Rosalina has Lumas, so why can't Daisy rule over Piranha Plants or something like that? There's never been a "good" version of them (aside from Petey Pirahna and the potted one in SM3DW/MK8). The rule can establish her plant powers.

They've done space and animals tons of times. Would plant-based powers (not just touching a flower for fire/iceballs) be in the ballpark?

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I really wish that they redesigned Daisy to make her unique and make her a fierce and competitive character with actual flower powers. She's way too similar to Peach and that has to change.

Why not return her tan and make her more like a flapper? Rejecting the more Victorian-style Peach has would be great. They should also put her in different classes in the spinoffs. Like, make her Medium-weight in Mario Kart and Defensive in Mario Tennis/other titles.

Also, wouldn't it be great if they established her as a ruler again and not a Peach clone? Peach has Toads, Rosalina has Lumas, so why can't Daisy rule over Piranha Plants or something like that? There's never been a "good" version of them (aside from Petey Pirahna and the potted one in SM3DW/MK8). The rule can establish her plant powers.

They've done space and animals tons of times. Would plant-based powers (not just touching a flower for fire/iceballs) be in the ballpark?
I agree. Nintendo should really show off her powers more rather than show them in just sports games. It would be cool if there was a wilted or dying forest and Daisy would have to use her plant powers to bring it back to life and make it bloom with flowers or something. That sounds like a great idea for a Paper Mario game or a Mario & Luigi game.

Hopefully she gets a bigger role in the future.

Quillion

Smash Hero
DLC alt, definitely.

Replace that lazy Daisy hair and dress for Peach with a legitimate Alph-style Alt for Peach complete with voice, name, and flower effects.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
If Daisy did get an alt costume as DLC, would they make a Tatanga trophy?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Do I want Daisy as DLC?

What kind of question is that, she is my main in Mario Kart, I'd love to have her in!

As her own character, and hey Mario has a Wario color scheme therefore it doesn't matter if she's a clone of Peach and Peach already has a Daisy color swap, its not good enough, I want the real Daisy.

Screw Waluigi.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Do I want Daisy as DLC?

What kind of question is that, she is my main in Mario Kart, I'd love to have her in!

As her own character, and hey Mario has a Wario color scheme therefore it doesn't matter if she's a clone of Peach and Peach already has a Daisy color swap, its not good enough, I want the real Daisy.

Screw Waluigi.
Shhhhhhhh, you know that the Waluigi fanboys would attack you on sight for insulting their lord and savior? :troll:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I used to love the idea of Daisy as an alt, but honestly I just don't see it happening. I would much rather her be her own character.

Here's my moveset idea. (NOTE: It says MarioEternal because that's my username on another site.)

B move and Down B move are from Mario Party.
Side B move and Up B move are flower moves that come from Mario Power Tennis and Mario Kart 7 & 8.
The Garden Trap Final Smash is original, but it is inspired by Daisy's special move in Mario Sports Mix and Daisy's flower powers.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Daisy did get an alt costume as DLC, would they make a Tatanga trophy?
I doubt DLC trophies would be a thing since I doubt fans would like the idea.

I used to love the idea of Daisy as an alt, but honestly I just don't see it happening. I would much rather her be her own character.

Here's my moveset idea. (NOTE: It says MarioEternal because that's my username on another site.)

B move and Down B move are from Mario Party.
Side B move and Up B move are flower moves that come from Mario Power Tennis and Mario Kart 7 & 8.
The Garden Trap Final Smash is original, but it is inspired by Daisy's special move in Mario Sports Mix and Daisy's flower powers.
If there was some time in between Smash Wii U and Smash 5 (6 is not the proper name, folks!), I can see her being a unique newcomer IF Nintendo actually gives her a better role. I wouldn't mind if she's DLC for this gen, but she's got too many relevant competition like Captain Toad and Paper Mario to deal with. Then there's the fact that that certain people think she needs to be dependent on WAAAAA since they are both spinoff exclusive characters.

Top Bottom