• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alright guys, the support list has been updated to add possibly the last few supporters before the game's launch.

Today's Pic of the Day gave me some good vibes and some bad vibes due to the fact that each character will have up to 8 colors/costumes. On one hand, it definitely confirms the fact that there are more costumes than in Brawl to SSB64 (Koopalings confirmed!). On the other hand, the fact that they didn't put much effort with the Dark Samus and Light Suit costumes for Samus makes me think that Sakurai would be lazy the again. It would be a huge missed opportunity if he doesn't make a proper Daisy alt for Peach if he's paying special attention to avatar characters like Villager and the Wii Fit Trainers. All that's left to do is hope that there is a true Daisy alt since there's less than two weeks left until we see some Japanese gameplay online.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan : The fact that we're getting all seven koopalings, Alph, separate gender selections for Robin and WFT, etc. gives Daisy a fair shot. For your example regarding Samus, those are individual suits, rather than an entire set of potential colors. I'm sure he just deemed one suit not worth the amount of time it would take to create, and settled on colors so that resources could be focused elsewhere.

I'm actually very disappointed that the Phazon Suit from MP3 still isn't going to show up in a Smash game. That was by far my favorite one.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan : The fact that we're getting all seven koopalings, Alph, separate gender selections for Robin and WFT, etc. gives Daisy a fair shot. For your example regarding Samus, those are individual suits, rather than an entire set of potential colors. I'm sure he just deemed one suit not worth the amount of time it would take to create, and settled on colors so that resources could be focused elsewhere.

I'm actually very disappointed that the Phazon Suit from MP3 still isn't going to show up in a Smash game. That was by far my favorite one.
I can see your point, comparing Daisy to Samus's many suits is rather poor argument since they aren't characters unlike the Trainers or Alph. I do still have hope that we will be getting that alt though with such little time left and Sakurai should be aware of how popular she is over there (especially in the Mario fandom and the Smash speculative scene regarding Mario reps).

I feel your paint too, the PED Suit was among my favorite Metroid suit and it won't be involved in Smash sadly.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That would be a real **** move on Sakurai's part, I love it. After all, we will have the video game equivalent of Scrappy Doo join the fray. :troll:
Just saying I always loved Scrappy Doo.

Maybe that's why I adore Daisy

If he's chosen to add her though the work is already done. Ten days is mainly left to work out any remaining kinks they can find; considering he was worried they wouldn't have time to make Shorts Samus in only 3 weeks; there's no way he'll have time to make more.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just saying I always loved Scrappy Doo.

Maybe that's why I adore Daisy

If he's chosen to add her though the work is already done. Ten days is mainly left to work out any remaining kinks they can find; considering he was worried they wouldn't have time to make Shorts Samus in only 3 weeks; there's no way he'll have time to make more.
The later you said is definitely true since the devs should have enough time to pull off a wonderful Daisy alt for use to try that isn't as watered down as Brawl's rendition. I would love them if they get the hair and attire right, but would love them even more if they get the flower effects and voice acting done properly.

And always remember: The spunky desert princess > the sensitive Mary Sue princess. :troll:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
If Daisy was a fully done alt costume:

B neutral: Revenge
Replace Toad with Tatanga. He's small, and it makes more sense she'd want people to hit him than Peach just sacrificing her subjects.

B Forward: Butt Bump. Just with flowers instead of hearts.

B Up: Same move, just replace the parasol with Tatanga's flying saucer

B Down: I don't know what the right mod to Turnip would be. I think just keep Turnip.

Add a taunt that says "Hi I'm Daisy"

Change the random frying pan smash to a baseball bat.

I get this, I view her even as an alt costume as a smashing success.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
If Daisy was a fully done alt costume:

B neutral: Revenge
Replace Toad with Tatanga. He's small, and it makes more sense she'd want people to hit him than Peach just sacrificing her subjects.

B Forward: Butt Bump. Just with flowers instead of hearts.

B Up: Same move, just replace the parasol with Tatanga's flying saucer

B Down: I don't know what the right mod to Turnip would be. I think just keep Turnip.

Add a taunt that says "Hi I'm Daisy"

Change the random frying pan smash to a baseball bat.

I get this, I view her even as an alt costume as a smashing success.
B Forward might change animation to a kick for the Daisy Bomber, but would otherwise be the same mechanically.

Also, her taunt wouldn't say "Hi I'm Daisy!", since she hasn't said that since Double Dash. The closest modern equivalent is "It's DAISY!" from Mario Kart Wii.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
B Forward might change animation to a kick for the Daisy Bomber, but would otherwise be the same mechanically.

Also, her taunt wouldn't say "Hi I'm Daisy!", since she hasn't said that since Double Dash. The closest modern equivalent is "It's DAISY!" from Mario Kart Wii.
Yeah, and Mario's had a ground pound since Mario 64, but it's not his Down A or Down B. Toon Link's conductor's baton was outdated by Brawl compared to his DS entries, but he kept his Gamecube based taunt. Same diff.

Look, I'm saying what I wanted. And that was to spam "Hi, I'm Daisy".

...I'd also like to spam "Baby Weegee, numbah... not one" but I realize that's not happening. Man the sound team on double dash rocked.

Totally down with her kicking though.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Yeah, and Mario's had a ground pound since Mario 64, but it's not his Down A or Down B. Toon Link's conductor's baton was outdated by Brawl compared to his DS entries, but he kept his Gamecube based taunt. Same diff.

Look, I'm saying what I wanted. And that was to spam "Hi, I'm Daisy".

...I'd also like to spam "Baby Weegee, numbah... not one" but I realize that's not happening. Man the sound team on double dash rocked.

Totally down with her kicking though.
Personally I just like Daisy's Mario Kart Wii voice a lot more than her voice in Double Dash, even if spamming "Hi, I'm Daisy!" was sort of amusing. She sounds more tomboyish (and even more hyperactive) in MKWii.

Rakath

Smash Ace
If you consider that Lucina started as a Marth Alt, then it stands to reason that some aspects of the alt skins were already planned to impact the game victory screens, audio selection, and (possibly) taunt movepool (although Lucina might not have had her mask taunt as an alt skin).

Things that effect the characters gameplay can't change, meaning:
Wireframe/Size
Hitboxes
Attacks

Daisy probably can't pick-up non-veges for a shared Down Special, but she can use a different defensive item from Toad as her Neutral Special. It would just need to be the same approximate size and have the same hitbox as Toad. Her attacks can have a different thematic coloring and design from Peach's hearts and rainbows (provided that doesn't impact hitboxes).

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I'd like to see Daisy as an special alt for Peach. Different voices and lines, like between the Robins, but same moves and attributes. Oh, and instead of heart effects, flower effects. XD

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know there was a hint of it before, but just so you guys know, a Daisy outfit for Bayonetta was just confirmed in the Bayonetta 2 Direct (useable in both games).

It's literally just an orange recolour of the Peach outfit though, with a Luigi plush instead of a Mario plush. She still summons Bowser too. It's basically a costume for a costume.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I know there was a hint of it before, but just so you guys know, a Daisy outfit for Bayonetta was just confirmed in the Bayonetta 2 Direct (useable in both games).

It's literally just an orange recolour of the Peach outfit though, with a Luigi plush instead of a Mario plush. She still summons Bowser too. It's basically a costume for a costume.

I'm well aware of it since I've been following the Bayonetta 2 news for a while. Whether Sakurai had seen this yet or not, it does get me even more excited for a legit Daisy alt to happen. Just have less Bowser and moar flowers. :awesome:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Daisy colors for Peach confirmed in the demo by Zipzo.. :(

Invader ZIM

Smash Rookie
Colors? Awwwwwwh...that just killed my weekend lol D:
That means no voice, right? It's just a different dress/hair color like the previous games? Maaaaan... I'mma play Daisy in Mario Kart right now, maybe that'll make me feel better lol.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Daisy colors for Peach confirmed in the demo by Zipzo.. :(
Such a sad day for what could have been a glorious time for some demo spoilers. Oh well, at least we'll have to wait until the next Smash when Sakurai is less lazy with outfit (or possibly have another shot at being a fighter).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Aww man.

I really banked on this concept now that we had so many other characters to join in this way but I guess Daisy was little too different to Peach after all.

Sorry guys. But we at least fought nail and tooth to the end.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Such a sad day for what could have been a glorious time for some demo spoilers. Oh well, at least we'll have to wait until the next Smash when Sakurai is less lazy with outfit (or possibly have another shot at being a fighter).
If they're going to do ANY dlc.. I could potentially see an alternate costume pack. So there is one slim chance she could be in something like that.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Sad day indeed.

Mac gets two Alts but they couldn't just edit Peach's gloves and shorten her hair?

Oh well.. Guess we will have to use our imagination and pretend it's Daisy.. ..with long hair.

I will still do my Daisy vs Luigi vs Mario vs Peach matches though.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
That sucks. -_-

Well, at least we get to keep the Daisy coloring. :/

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The worst part: Her chances as a DLC character is also pretty low since she has to deal with the likes of Captain Toad and Paper Mario too. Not to mention that there's enough Mario characters in the roster thanks to Junior and Doc's inclusion.

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
"Whoa! There's an Alph alt.?! Awesome! Then this means Daisy-"
"The Dreadful Daisy Palette Returns"
"O-Oh..."
That kind of ruined my morning, haha. Well, I guess I shouldn't have had my hopes up, or something. With all of the costumes that characters are getting, you would think they'd be able to make her an alt., at least.

Laniv

Smash Lord
So, I might as well revive this thread. DLC is now an option. Our princess still has a chance.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
That Direct was sooo awesome! I never thought I would be this excited for the Wii U version!

Anyway, the most interesting part of the direct was confirmed character DLC. You know what that means: possible Daisy DLC! Yeah, I know what you're thinking: isn't she kinda, you know, not important? There certainly are better choices for DLC, like Dixie Kong and Isaac. However, Daisy has a few tricks up her orange, poofy sleeves to get in the game.

1) No roster slots.
Extra characters imply that more and more characters can be added, so she can't just be cut in favor of characters. Delayed? Yes. But disappearing entirely is not right. DLC gives people the choice to buy their favorite characters who were absent in Smash. Daisy can be available as a choice sometime in the future.

2) Her similar appearance to Peach.
Hear me out right now. Mewtwo might arrive in, what, five months? Assuming that all those features still in development (Miiverse Stage, Tournies, etc.) take 2-3 months, that still leaves a long time to make Mewtwo. Now, clones like Lucina take a short time to develop and are easier to create. Yeah, I would hope to see Daisy like how Luigi is to Mario: similar to an already existing character in looks, but different in moves. Compared to other Mario characters like Paper Mario or Captain Toad, Daisy can be easier to create due to a similar appearance to Peach.

If she's DLC, what would you guys want Daisy's moveset/costumes/etc. to be? I really want Daisy for DLC, no matter what. It's unfortunate that she's being left out in this game entirely. She's not an assist trophy or even a background character on some stage. :(

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think Daisy's only chance is if they have DLC for Alt. Skin characters like Alph & the Koopalings. I don't think Nintendo thinks of Daisy of being all that different from Peach. As much as you guys fight for the possibility for a Unique moveset for her. Even her Tennis outfit trophy in the 3DS version says "They're alike in alot of ways"

If they went for something like that, I'd be ok because Daisy isn't really taking up something substantial as an alt-skin & voice for Peach. (Though admittedly even if I'm one that doesn't exactly want Daisy. I would of taken her over Dark Pit)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think Daisy's only chance is if they have DLC for Alt. Skin characters like Alph & the Koopalings. I don't think Nintendo thinks of Daisy of being all that different from Peach. As much as you guys fight for the possibility for a Unique moveset for her. Even her Tennis outfit trophy in the 3DS version says "They're alike in alot of ways"

If they went for something like that, I'd be ok because Daisy isn't really taking up something substantial as an alt-skin & voice for Peach. (Though admittedly even if I'm one that doesn't exactly want Daisy. I would of taken her over Dark Pit)
This is one of the reasons why DLC outfits should be a thing. The real issue is that she has far too much competition to deal with for the next Mario slot (Paper Mario due to popularity and Captain Toad since they might want to advertise that game), so having her as a detailed alt should be the best way of solving the issue like the Koopalings/Bowser Jr. situation. Just give her the voice, have the flower accessories, change the effects, and give her new dialogue to satisfy her fans.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
This is one of the reasons why DLC outfits should be a thing. The real issue is that she has far too much competition to deal with for the next Mario slot (Paper Mario due to popularity and Captain Toad since they might want to advertise that game), so having her as a detailed alt should be the best way of solving the issue like the Koopalings/Bowser Jr. situation. Just give her the voice, have the flower accessories, change the effects, and give her new dialogue to satisfy her fans.
It's perfectly fine for Daisy to be in alt for Peach. Little Mac had 8 outfits for his Arcade alt, after all. It would be a fair way to include her when Paper Mario and Captain Toad are rising up. She could even be a pre-order bonus like the multicolor Shy Guys in Mario Kart 8!

However, wouldn't you guys want her to go the Lucina/Dark Pit route and make her a separate character? As in, not a character with a drastically different moveset we created, but something like Peach but different? It would bring the Mario representation to a whopping 10 characters, but then again DLC may balance that out with franchises like Star Fox getting Wolf and Krystal and Donkey Kong getting Dixie and King K Rool.

I personally have a hunch that people will criticize her inclusion and think she's a waste of resources and time even if she's an alt for Peach. It's not like roster stress (limits on franchises) has to exist anymore; she can be a separate character like Lucas and Wolf, but with the same specials and different normal moves. It didn't take them that long to make Lucina and Dark Pit their own character, so why not make Daisy do the same? People will detest her inclusion even if she was an alt, so why not include her in a way that would benefit her fans? (Yes, I understand that Lucina/Dark Pit are clones and Lucas/Wolf are semi-clones. I listed the semi-clones since Daisy could happen at any time for DLC, be it for a few months from now to even two years. There would be plenty of time to make her an alt/clone/semi-clone, depending on how much they want to work on her.)

Anyway, for discussion:
What different colors would you guys want for the Daisy alt? I, personally, would love a Rosalina-colored Daisy (cyan dress, creamy blonde/white hair).
And if Daisy went the Lucina route by some rare miracle, how would she differ from Peach? Would she be faster? Stronger? Lose the ability to float?

SonicMario

Smash Master
People will detest her inclusion even if she was an alt, so why not include her in a way that would benefit her fans?
People would detest it alot more if she was made seperate like Dark Pit. Even if they do complain, it's still a really minor thing because Alts are effectively in the same slot as another character. If Alts counted as representation in the franchise. Then Mario has really gone overboard with the 7 Koopalings. But due to them just being alts for Bowser Jr., where visually they're different characters but their movesets function exactly the same on default. You don't see that many people complaining about the Koopalings nor Alph, and Daisy being an alt for Peach would be pretty much the same way.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
If Daisy were in, it'd be best to see her as an alt costume for Peach. There's no reason for her to be a separate character. Just change the hearts in the attacks to flowers, and change the voice clips and character model and there ya go.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
OK then.
Anyway how we can convince Nintendo to add the Daisy alt for DLC? I'm not sure if emails work...
Also, again, what colors would you guys like for the Daisy alt? Would you want a Pauline-inspired Daisy color (deep red dress, dark brown hair)? Or, if a Rosalina color is not possible, an Ice Daisy color scheme to complement the Fire Peach one?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
OK then.
Anyway how we can convince Nintendo to add the Daisy alt for DLC? I'm not sure if emails work...
Also, again, what colors would you guys like for the Daisy alt? Would you want a Pauline-inspired Daisy color (deep red dress, dark brown hair)? Or, if a Rosalina color is not possible, an Ice Daisy color scheme to complement the Fire Peach one?
Default Outfit
Rosalina (Ash blonde hair and baby blue dress)
Pauline (Dark brown hair and deep red dress)
Green Sprixie (Mint hair and green dress)
Shokora (Pink hair and purple dress)
Peach (Blone hair and pink dress)
Honey Queen (Brown hair and bee themed dress)
Classic Daisy (Bright brown hair, dark skin, and light yellow dress)

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Default Outfit
Rosalina (Ash blonde hair and baby blue dress)
Pauline (Dark brown hair and deep red dress)
Green Sprixie (Mint hair and green dress)
Shokora (Pink hair and purple dress)
Peach (Blone hair and pink dress)
Honey Queen (Brown hair and bee themed dress)
Classic Daisy (Bright brown hair, dark skin, and light yellow dress)
That's so fantastic! I never would have thought about the Honey Queen, the Green Sprixie, and Shokora! I honestly wouldn't expect all of them, but I hope those are the costumes.

Alright, a few things:

1) Since Peach and Rosalina have unique patterns on their dresses, do you want Daisy to have a pattern as well? A design on her dress can help differentiate the alt from Peach's alt. Do you want floral designs or Classic Daisy's diamonds on the dress? Or would you want the diamonds exclusively on the Classic Daisy design and flowers on everything else?

2) Do you guys think they would actually add different cosmetic effects for Daisy's attacks? I don't think they will. Wait, what would you want changed for Daisy? The hearts to be flowers? The ribbon in her Up-Smash to be orange? The sparkles when Peach floats to be petals? Do you think that they will change even some of that?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's so fantastic! I never would have thought about the Honey Queen, the Green Sprixie, and Shokora! I honestly wouldn't expect all of them, but I hope those are the costumes.

Alright, a few things:

1) Since Peach and Rosalina have unique patterns on their dresses, do you want Daisy to have a pattern as well? A design on her dress can help differentiate the alt from Peach's alt. Do you want floral designs or Classic Daisy's diamonds on the dress? Or would you want the diamonds exclusively on the Classic Daisy design and flowers on everything else?

2) Do you guys think they would actually add different cosmetic effects for Daisy's attacks? I don't think they will. Wait, what would you want changed for Daisy? The hearts to be flowers? The ribbon in her Up-Smash to be orange? The sparkles when Peach floats to be petals? Do you think that they will change even some of that?
1) Naturally, Daisy should still have her flower earrings and crown embeddings regardless of the palettes, though having white triangles on the dress of her Classic alt makes sense.

2) While changing the effects would be a great addition, I think such treatment would only be exclusive to clones. After all, neither of the Koopalings had unique effects despite their different appearances and voices (Nor Alph compared to Olimar). It would be a miracle if Sakurai actually gave an alt some different effects for certain attacks. The ribbon is one chance that I can easily imagine happening over the flower effects.

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
1) Naturally, Daisy should still have her flower earrings and crown embeddings regardless of the palettes, though having white triangles on the dress of her Classic alt makes sense.

2) While changing the effects would be a great addition, I think such treatment would only be exclusive to clones. After all, neither of the Koopalings had unique effects despite their different appearances and voices (Nor Alph compared to Olimar). It would be a miracle if Sakurai actually gave an alt some different effects for certain attacks. The ribbon is one chance that I can easily imagine happening over the flower effects.
Alright. How do we let them know we want this?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alright. How do we let them know we want this?
While DLC movement of some sort would be great, doing some Twitter (or Miiverse) posts with #DaisyforSmash to the NoA page and Sakurai's page can work. Having some banners (some artists can do this) and a detailed post about the character's impact to the spinoffs would be greatly appreciated too.

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
While DLC movement of some sort would be great, doing some Twitter (or Miiverse) posts with #DaisyforSmash to the NoA page and Sakurai's page can work. Having some banners (some artists can do this) and a detailed post about the character's impact to the spinoffs would be greatly appreciated too.
Would emails to Nintendo work as well?

I think I remember seeing some article about Daisy in Smash. Most of it was written from her perspective (>_>) but it could work.

Top Bottom