• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
So a Mario equivalent of Duck Hunt? Interesting, and what's more interesting is that Waluigi did have a crush on Daisy according to one of the Mario Parties. :laugh:
Funny you say that, cuz I was thinking that the player could switch between who's behind the wheel and attacks would be different/have different properties depending on the current driver.

Man that was fast, you like lightning, girl.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Daisy's high placement here is a pleasant surprise.
I've seen it before and indeed her Japanese support being this huge is surprising. Maybe Rosalina's addition in the roster may have caused the Daisy support to get much stronger than before, surpassing all the Toad support and being slightly behind Paper Mario's support. Though we can already imagine all the salt if she were to be her own character over the Big Two (Paper Mario and Toad) if any of the Smash devs were to look at these results.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, Toad is already Peach's neutral B, and we've already got a Mario, so why not add someone new like Daisy? Daisy would be the better character to add tbh.

Look at the number of Naruto's and Sasuke's:

One Mario is good enough, really.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, Toad is already Peach's neutral B, and we've already got a Mario, so why not add someone new like Daisy? Daisy would be the better character to add tbh.

Look at the number of Naruto's and Sasuke's:

One Mario is good enough, really.
Now that you mention it, she could be one of those characters that can easily represent the spinoff side of Mario with Waluigi out of the picture. With Doctor Mario in the roster, there will be no need for Paper Mario to join as DLC at all given the number of Marios already in. With Toad having dwindling support thanks to his role as Peach's meat shield, he is actually out of the running until the team actually acknowledged Captain Toad's existence.

I guess we all can celebrate now that we know the fans want a third Mario princess in the roster. But that doesn't mean we won yet since there will be a smaller amount of choices to chose from for future DLC depending on certain circumstances. Though it is good news that the Smash fans are warming up to the idea of her being playable after Rosalina's inclusion, even if it's just in the Eastern Hemisphere.

D

Deleted member

Now that you mention it, she could be one of those characters that can easily represent the spinoff side of Mario with Waluigi out of the picture. With Doctor Mario in the roster, there will be no need for Paper Mario to join as DLC at all given the number of Marios already in. With Toad having dwindling support thanks to his role as Peach's meat shield, he is actually out of the running until the team actually acknowledged Captain Toad's existence.

I guess we all can celebrate now that we know the fans want a third Mario princess in the roster. But that doesn't mean we won yet since there will be a smaller amount of choices to chose from for future DLC depending on certain circumstances. Though it is good news that the Smash fans are warming up to the idea of her being playable after Rosalina's inclusion, even if it's just in the Eastern Hemisphere.
Well, when you look at the chart again, Daisy actually has a better chance than what it looks like she has. I heard that Lucas' and Wolf's moves were given to Ness and Fox as customs so they might be out of the picture as well. Snake doesn't have a good chance since there's enough third parties. Roy probably won't make it since his FE game isn't that popular like other FE games like Awakening (and the fact that there is 4 FE reps in Smash 4, 5 might be too much), Pichu isn't really popular either. So the highest on this list is King K. Rool. I don't think Ridley will ever make it into a Smash game. Crystal is in 2nd behind K. Rool, then comes that person under Ridley in 3rd. "Custom Robo"? comes in 4th, and OUR PRINCESS DAISY COMES IN 5TH. :colorful:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, when you look at the chart again, Daisy actually has a better chance than what it looks like she has. I heard that Lucas' and Wolf's moves were given to Ness and Fox as customs so they might be out of the picture as well. Snake doesn't have a good chance since there's enough third parties. Roy probably won't make it since his FE game isn't that popular like other FE games like Awakening (and the fact that there is 4 FE reps in Smash 4, 5 might be too much), Pichu isn't really popular either. So the highest on this list is King K. Rool. I don't think Ridley will ever make it into a Smash game. Crystal is in 2nd behind K. Rool, then comes that person under Ridley in 3rd. "Custom Robo"? comes in 4th, and OUR PRINCESS DAISY COMES IN 5TH. :colorful:
So K. Rool > Krystal > Dixie Kong > Ray > Princess Daisy? I really like the sound of that and the way you think XDanDan612. :evil:

D

Deleted member

So K. Rool > Krystal > Dixie Kong > Ray > Princess Daisy? I really like the sound of that and the way you think XDanDan612. :evil:
One day, our Princess will make it into Smash. When that day comes, we will drink the tears of Rosalina's fanbase, and we'll show everyone who the TRUE Princess is in Smash :demon:

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Although I would like to believe that Daisy will be DLC, didn't Sakurai say Mewtwo will be the only DLC??? If so then why do you guys think she will be? I mean, I personally would love if she becomes DLC but didn't Sakurai say only Mewtwo?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Even though I already posted this stuff on my own "Rate and Review: Character Information and Movesets" thread that I made, I'll put it up here for everyone's general viewing purposes.
General Information: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1St5XBeNLKVkRQehSQDLlccFLYRRK2y01XMtTsG08Tfs/edit?usp=sharing
Moveset: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OyrIUT9_IfyyZHFYSmt5959jprscknXokJRkEYTc_fY/edit?usp=sharing
10/10 So much Strikers love!
These taunts and victory animations are spicy enough to make any Daisy happy and he haters rage. The specials and standard attacks are no slouch either since they suit her aggressive and competitive nature. Now if only we can have a Lip vs Daisy fight in the future.

Although I would like to believe that Daisy will be DLC, didn't Sakurai say Mewtwo will be the only DLC??? If so then why do you guys think she will be? I mean, I personally would love if she becomes DLC but didn't Sakurai say only Mewtwo?

While we have heard many times that Sakurai didn't want DLC, it's more along the lines that he didn't want the fans to feel cheated out of the game not being 100% complete. You know, kind of like how most of Capcom's customers felt about the company's hunger for such a policy other than the fact that they never listened to their fans. So if we think about it, Mewtwo is the only DLC for now just for the sake of testing fresh waters (Seeing if the fans truly want more DLC in the future). This is what I've heard from several users in the Offical Character Thread plenty of times and we should be open to the idea of DLC despite Mewtwo being the only known character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, this game just came out. It'll be a few years until the next Smash comes out, so during the years we spend with Smash 4, there might be a chance of more DLC being released. Only time will tell :p

Even though I already posted this stuff on my own "Rate and Review: Character Information and Movesets" thread that I made, I'll put it up here for everyone's general viewing purposes.
General Information: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1St5XBeNLKVkRQehSQDLlccFLYRRK2y01XMtTsG08Tfs/edit?usp=sharing
Moveset: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OyrIUT9_IfyyZHFYSmt5959jprscknXokJRkEYTc_fY/edit?usp=sharing
This is actually a very well made moveset/info. I LOVE IT!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
This moveset is awesome! Sakurai should take some cues from you! This is totally how I can envision Princess Daisy for Super Smash Bros.!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't think Sakurai has definitely said that there won't be DLC outside of Mewtwo.

:231:

Last edited:

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
Thanks to everyone who gave feedback on Daisy's moveset. It was primarily derived from Mario Strikers as the TC said with her moves being mostly kicking moves and designed to suit her more athletic side. The damage of her moves were meant to be slightly higher than SSB4 Peach's (by 2%) with even higher knockback, and her general information is still WIP but it's mostly complete. The damage on her specials are meant to be allusions to the number of playable cast from the games they originated from (while the die numbers were meant to be based on the total number of Mario Party games she had appeared in so far). If I feel like it, I may contact the Project M developers and send them this information, but maybe I'll save it for later in case I get to making a Super Smash Bros. game of my own.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Even though it's an old video, I would share this with our fellow supporters since Weegee himself hate's the treatment that Sakurai does with our princess. I find the rant sort of cute yet hilarious since this is all spoken in Luigi's high pitched italian accent and how he outright called Daisy his girl.

LOL I shouldn't be carried away just because I'm in a relationship myself. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A moveset centred around DIHSO? (apologies for using the acronym)

Wow, that'a really impressive. I haven't seen any movesets focused solely on that aspect of her.

:231:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
D

Deleted member 278362

Well, Toad is already Peach's neutral B
I can't say that I want Toad, but let me remind you that there's more than one Toad.
Please stop using that terrible excuse.

___

DIHSO? Sounds perfect for Daisy!

D

Deleted member

I can't say that I want Toad, but let me remind you that there's more than one Toad.
Please stop using that terrible excuse.

___

DIHSO? Sounds perfect for Daisy!
If he ever made it in over Daisy, I'd be pretty shocked. But I'm not gonna lie, Captain Toad actually has a shot at appearing in the next Smash.

D

Deleted member 278362

If he ever made it in over Daisy, I'd be pretty shocked. But I'm not gonna lie, Captain Toad actually has a shot at appearing in the next Smash.
If a Toad got in, I can imagine him imitating the effects of various powerups from all kinds of Mario games. Getcha froggy cat 'n '**** in one package.

.. That's censored? I meant raccoon.

D

Deleted member

If a Toad got in, I can imagine him imitating the effects of various powerups from all kinds of Mario games. Getcha froggy cat 'n '**** in one package.

.. That's censored? I meant raccoon.
I can imagine his FS to be getting that pick axe thingy from Treasure Tracker AND CHOPPING THE **** OUT OF EVERYTHING IN HIS WAY. :demon:

D

Deleted member 278362

I can imagine his FS to be getting that pick axe thingy from Treasure Tracker AND CHOPPING THE **** OUT OF EVERYTHING IN HIS WAY. :demon:
It could even be a side special.

___

Funny how one tumblr post gets me supporting Daisy in no time. This thread also helped me realize Daisy is a pretty great character. Maybe even my favorite Mario series character.

Yeah, this is easily my favorite Mario series character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It could even be a side special.

___

Funny how one tumblr post gets me supporting Daisy in no time. This thread also helped me realize Daisy is a pretty great character. Maybe even my favorite Mario series character.

Yeah, this is easily my favorite Mario series character.
I take it that you want to be on the support list? :smirk:

It's good to see another Smash fan that actually finds her a great choice as a fighter instead of labeling her as irrelevant like most of the Mario fanbase. While she may not have as much love as Waluigi, I do find her a great contender to represent the competitive side of most Mario sports spinoffs.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Having Daisy in a sports outfit is perfectly fine with me.
Because reasons.

:nervous:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Having Daisy in a sports outfit is perfectly fine with me.
Because reasons.

:nervous:
You mean moar Smash fanservice than just Sammy and Pretty Palutena? *indvitable Lenny face*

I personally feel like it fits her attitude more
That's the same reason why I would prefer DIHSO than Dress Daisy from most spinoffs. I was originally going for her usual dress (since most people recognize that version of her), then I've realized that the Sports Suit suits her tomboy gig even more and remembered that it was the only trophy of her in Brawl.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
That's the same reason why I would prefer DIHSO than Dress Daisy from most spinoffs. I was originally going for her usual dress (since most people recognize that version of her), then I've realized that the Sports Suit suits her tomboy gig even more and remembered that it was the only trophy of her in Brawl.
now if only she knew that she didn't have to wear a crown all the time. I guess that's more of a pet peeve of mine

Top Bottom