• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
So did that server maintenance happen?
I think it happened. And nothing happened. We have nobody to blame but ourselves for hyping ourselves up.

Thanks, Sakurai.

We are not getting anything till October, if that. The sooner I accept that, the better. :crying:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Waiting for the postman like

They literally dispatched it at Midnight. And I had the Collector's Edition pre-ordered since it was announced. What the hell GAME?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
upload_2015-9-1_0-19-8.png

DSP hype. lol

I'm gonna use this for my information and spoilers. I'll find out what happens in the game, plus Phil might fail and people will get annoyed and it'll be funny.

(won't say what the spoilers are, of course, unless someone asks)

----

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Have fun those of you lucky enough to get the game today.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Solid snake is awesome! Sorry i havent posted here for a while, i got caught up with updating my profile, and my own thread. Anywho, I am hoping for the best, and that Solid snake wins the DLC vote!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
And here I am with only a brief over-the-shoulder experience of Sons of Liberty and Twin Snakes to my name.

Nah but really, have fun with the game, I'm sure it's gonna be a fantastic send-off to a vidya hero~

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
I suggest to send a mail to NOA talking about the Snake's potential as character, as DLC and his impact on the Smash Bros Series.
I found it on the old Roy Support Thread and I think that this could be useful for Snake.

Letters: Sending a physical letter shows commitment and thought -- it's probably one of the best ways to get through to people. I hope to be sending letters out soon, and when I do, I will post an example for people to copy if they are short on time. However, in the meantime, grab some nice stationery paper to print, and start typing out letters to mail! or write if you have nice handwriting... ya, that will never be me. For now, brief letter structure idea:

1) Greeting/Introduction (who are you and what are you going to be talking about?)
2) Body (why do you support Roy, why does his absence have a negative effect on you, what can he bring, ect., and anything else you think is important)
3) Closing/last words (be sure to leave a polite and good impression)
4) Signature (or anonymously signed if you prefer)
5) Postscript ("P.S." at the end of the letter. Usually applies to pen & ink written letters. If you forgot something/have something else to say that may be a little off topic [usually applies to e-mails], here's your chance)

Letter example: Here's a letter I've sent to Nintendo of America customer support (nintendo@noa.nintendo.com) that could be copied for those short on time. It can also be edited to your liking, especially if you're mailing to a different company.

I'd recommend bolding or underlining important questions you're asking. It's a neat trick that helps emphasize on what's being said, catching the reader's eyes on what's important more easily.

Snail mail addresses:

• Nintendo of America: 4600 150th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052, United States
  • Namco Bandai: 1740 Technology Drive, Suite 600; San Jose, CA 95110
  • Nintendo head office: Nintendo Company, Ltd., 11-1 Kamitoba-hokotate-cho, Minami-ku, Kyoto 601-8501, Japan
  • Konami Digital Entretaiment Inc.: 2381 Rosecrans Ave, Suite 200 El Segundo, CA 90245 USA
  • Konami Corporation: 9-7-2, Akasaka Minato-ku, Tokyo, 107-8323 Japan

You can also send letters by email. Here's some addresses:

- Nintendo of America: Contact Nintendo directly here. The site allows you to contact Nintendo through a support ticket process, however, there is a max character limit for what you want to write. Instead, I recommend contacting NoA via email through this support address: nintendo@noa.nintendo.com
- Namco Bandai: support@namcobandaigames.com (website, customer support)
- Konami: Contact, Konami Customer Support Center
Source: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-lycia-alliance-roy-legacy-support-thread.324203/

This is an example of how Nintendo can answer positively the emails, with this one practically confirming Roy for Smash one week before E3.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-support-thread.324203/page-126#post-19391587

We can send mails for Snake cause and take a good answer from NOA.

I just added some Konami adress and contact sites on blue color.
If you want correct or edit something please contact me.

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I suggest to send a mail to NOA talking about the Snake's potential as character, as DLC and his impact on the Smash Bros Series.
I found it on the old Roy Support Thread and I think that this could be useful for Snake.

Source: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-lycia-alliance-roy-legacy-support-thread.324203/

This is an example of how Nintendo can answer positively the emails, with this one practically confirming Roy for Smash one week before E3.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-support-thread.324203/page-126#post-19391587

We can send mails for Snake cause and take a good answer from NOA.

I just added some Konami adress and contact sites on blue color.
If you want correct or edit something please contact me.
You don't think it's too late to be sending letters?

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
You don't think it's too late to be sending letters?
Maybe or maybe not, the ballot is not ending until one month.
With the relevance and popularity of Snake could be a good shot and time enough for an alternative prom for the ballot and plus direct.

I repeat they could answer one week before DLC characters publication

We cannot change administrative decisions but we can send our opinions and sugerences for Snake here.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Anyway I guess I'll kick back and finish peace walker.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Got Phantom Pain this morning, though I refused to start playing it until I unlocked the Gray Fox skin in Ground Zeroes (I'm assuming that stuff like that transfers to the Phantom Pain - otherwise, there wouldn't be much of a point). I've finally accomplished that just a few moments ago (though it was pretty difficult - my first attempt took me an hour, I didn't pull it off because one of the soldiers by the helicopter blew himself up with a grenade and both of them have to be there, and I got a D rank, and my successful attempt still took half an hour), so I'll at least start the game.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Picked up the game, but I had staff development earlier, a 3 hour seminar to close the night out, THE SAME THING TOMORROW, and then another staff development day Thursday.

Probably won't even touch the game until Friday night. I'm a rather sad panda.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Picked up the game, but I had staff development earlier, a 3 hour seminar to close the night out, THE SAME THING TOMORROW, and then another staff development day Thursday.

Probably won't even touch the game until Friday night. I'm a rather sad panda.
Forget sad panda, this is you right now.

srsly.PNG

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I decided that I'll pick up Phantom Pain this Thursday since I'll be moving around quite a bit after school before I have to go to an awards ceremony at the library, so I might be able to get a chance to play it this weekend.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Man... I want to cry...

Shame they couldn't get David Hayter in this, but Hideo Kojima leaving like this hurts. It's abrupt too unlike some developers who leave when nothing is really there or if it's there, it's been cancelled or they just felt disillusioned or want to try something else. It'd be like if Eiji Aonuma planned to resign after Zelda Wii U is done. At least that's by choice and maybe in good terms, but it doesn't seem that way for Kojima where it's by choice, but maybe in sour terms. What's worse is that Zone of Enders still belongs to Konami, so he'd have to come up with something entirely different if he starts his own studio. Unless he can get it back, it's probably going to be like what Capcom is doing with Mega Man, Okami, and a bunch of other titles people are wondering what would have happened if there was another game.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Really enjoying TPP so far.
Christ... The first hour is so intense :p
The opening I honestly thought had the 'scripted' feel a lot of modern games have. That's not entirely bad since it explained the mechanics quite well, but I was pretty familiar with MGSV's controls already.

Everything past that thus far on the other had... Freaking fantastic! I always wondered what a sand-box-esque Metal Gear would be like, and this is basically that. It also takes the Peace Walker base/army building system, which I'm A-okay with. Gotta-knock out and secure em all with a silly parachute!

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Probably going to give my first impressions when I get home. Gotta agree with the above post about the beginning, but aside from that, seeing Big Boss in that hospital bed, freaking out, broke my heart. ;~;

Gameplay after that is stellar, though. Holy crap.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Donna Burke released the live vocal version of Sins of the Father. I used to listen to this all the time when it was first revealed in the E3 2013 Phantom Pain trailer, and the live vocals are very impressive to say the least. I guess this shall quench my thirst for TPP until I can buy it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Does anybody have tips for the Phantom Pain? Maybe it will get easier when I have access to more weapons, but for the mission where you rescue Miller, it's kind of annoying when enemies can see you from a really long distance away (even at night when the lights are off), they will not stop pursuing you until you are found, and they seem to spawn a ridiculously large number of people.

I generally try to complete a Metal Gear playthrough without killing anyone, but given how ineffective tranquilizing them seems to be, I don't seem to have any other option.

EDIT: Also, can cassette tapes be collected if you come back to an area later? I might have missed some over the course of the first mission due to all of the enemies.

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Man... I want to cry...

Shame they couldn't get David Hayter in this, but Hideo Kojima leaving like this hurts. It's abrupt too unlike some developers who leave when nothing is really there or if it's there, it's been cancelled or they just felt disillusioned or want to try something else. It'd be like if Eiji Aonuma planned to resign after Zelda Wii U is done. At least that's by choice and maybe in good terms, but it doesn't seem that way for Kojima where it's by choice, but maybe in sour terms. What's worse is that Zone of Enders still belongs to Konami, so he'd have to come up with something entirely different if he starts his own studio. Unless he can get it back, it's probably going to be like what Capcom is doing with Mega Man, Okami, and a bunch of other titles people are wondering what would have happened if there was another game.
Should need a warning on this. Box of tissues needed ;~;

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Man... I want to cry...

What makes matters worst is that there will never be a Metal Gear Revengence 2. Sigh...we were just getting to know Raiden. X_X

Adios Amigos!

It's cool I guess. I'm looking forward to seeing Death Battle: Wolverine vs. Raiden!

Solid Snake and Raiden for Smash Wii U!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What Metal Gear game would be good for a newcomer?
Snake Eater 3D and Twin Snakes tend to be popular choices from what I've seen.

I may get Snake Eater 3D digitally soon, myself.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I might cave in and get TPP for my laptop. Will double dip later on ps4 or xbox

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
So I went to draw Ryu on Ryu's support page on miiverse, but it sort of turned into Snake...

Edit: Whoops, I forgot to shade his neck, oh well.

I tried drawing in Yoji Shinkawa's style, but I had trouble converting the look with the Miiverse limitations. So I added a bit of my own flair to it. I think it turned out alright.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I've played TPP on PS3 for almost 7 hours now, and it is wonderful. The game is really the ultimate stealth experience. And it runs very nice on the PS3.
But I had to add something to the cover...
received_1654186144794342.jpeg

BTW, I was thinking how would be Snake'so reveal trailer. Considering that the veterans have mostly in-game footage, I would love a trailer where Snake takes out all the Big TP characters all by one without being seen until the end. Like K-oing Ryu with a grenade, Sonic with a mine, Pac-Man with C-4, Mega Man with a Nikita and finally Mario by grabbing him. That would be awesome.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I've played TPP on PS3 for almost 7 hours now, and it is wonderful. The game is really the ultimate stealth experience. And it runs very nice on the PS3.
But I had to add something to the cover...
View attachment 71523
The "A Hideo Kojima game" bit would be much better placed on top of the "Day One edition" garbage.

BTW, I was thinking how would be Snake'so reveal trailer. Considering that the veterans have mostly in-game footage, I would love a trailer where Snake takes out all the Big TP characters all by one without being seen until the end. Like K-oing Ryu with a grenade, Sonic with a mine, Pac-Man with C-4, Mega Man with a Nikita and finally Mario by grabbing him. That would be awesome.
The trailer would be even better if it had Shadow Moses at the end of that sequence where we first see Snake in the searchlight.
"!"
*splash text stuff*
"Snake Sneaks in!"
*cuts to full gameplay with "Encounter" playing*

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I hope it starts with a codec sound.
In fact, If I ever the codec in a future trailer I'll go nuts.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
And so after my big night out at the awards ceremony for the Photography and Short Film exhibition, I come home with MGSV - Phantom Pain. Likewise, I too did Kojima a favour and wrote down his name on the box-art. I'll upload the edits I made from my phone into this post.

Anyways - I survived through the Prologue - man was that intense! 0_0 Although I have little clue as to what happened, I can say that from what I just witnessed, this is going to be a pretty epic finale to the Metal Gear 5 Saga! -Now with edited box art.
image.jpg

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Luckily the Collectors Edition boxart doesn't have the "Day One Edition" garbage. :shades:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Wooh, I finally got The Phantom Pain! Now I'm just waiting for the update data to download...

See you guys on the other side.

Man... I want to cry...

Seeing this series end is shocking, I wondering where Kojima is going from here?

Top Bottom