• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think K Rool is out yet. There's a bunch of costumes for characters already in the game, so that doesn't stop him. Didn't stop Inkling supporters when they got a costume too.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
Guys...

The King Dream is dead, BUT...

SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
Honestly, I just saw the tweet on the reddit page right now and it woke me up from my restless sleep:crazy:. It's coming in a update tomorrow for Smash 4 (update 1.10) and apparently we are getting alot more costumes as well.

But here's a thought, what if the Smash ballot is a way to make most of the fighters that we vote for into mii costumes just to make quick cash?

I hope that's not what Nintendo is thinking. Alot of people would be upset with that thought, including the people that were hoping to get their character in as a fighter :(

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Honestly, I just saw the tweet on the reddit page right now and it woke me up from my restless sleep:crazy:. It's coming in a update tomorrow for Smash 4 (update 1.10) and apparently we are getting alot more costumes as well.

But here's a thought, what if the Smash ballot is a way to make most of the fighters that we vote for into mii costumes just to make quick cash?

I hope that's not what Nintendo is thinking. Alot of people would be upset with that thought, including the people that were hoping to get their character in as a fighter :(
I really hope that is not the case. I mean, it's good to create costumes for characters that can't be fully playable due of being too recent (Inklings), wouldn't add much (X, Zero) or are already deconfirmed (Chrom), BUT THE KING?!? Why? I just hope that
1) It's a plus to the real character. Considering how he is requested, more content should bring more money. Plus a reveal trailer where the real KKR smashes away the Mii would be cool, just like what Sakurai have done with Roy.
2) If he isn't really going to be playable, this means that Snake has a better chance now. For how rude it sounds, if the King is out of business means that the other most wanted (Wolf, Snake and Isaac) have a better chance now.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really just think it's teaser content while they actually finish up on the character. Costumes are easy as hell to make. The art department always has tons of free time when games and DLC get to their end stages of development. That's why alt costumes or weapon skins and stuff are common pre-order bonuses or early DLC. It's why we also have like 20 costumes as DLC already, lol.

Anyway, N64 Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle are where the hype is at.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
I really just think it's teaser content while they actually finish up on the character. Costumes are easy as hell to make. The art department always has tons of free time when games and DLC get to their end stages of development. That's why alt costumes or weapon skins and stuff are common pre-order bonuses or early DLC. It's why we also have like 20 costumes as DLC already, lol.

Anyway, N64 Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle are where the hype is at.
Now we just need saffron city and sector Z to complete this nostalgic ride. Oh! And mushroom kingdom :). I worked so hard to get mushroom kingdom in the 64 days, gotta see an HD return.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Oh my gosh, what did I wake up to?!

Edit: the end of the world, apparently.

My two cents on Snake's design in Smash 4 would have to be either the same as last game (A sort of MGS2 Solid Snake with a beard and Sneaking Suit. At least I think that's how Snake's design generally was in Brawl, I could be totally wrong lol. Not too up and up on brawl stuff.) or Big Boss.

Since Big Boss is my favorite character in gaming, and I absolutely adore his costume in Project M, I'd love to see Snake's design be from MGS3. I feel like Big Boss is more relevant to Metal Gear in general right now with 4 finishing off Solid's story, and Phantom Pain coming out. At the same time though, I don't really want a Phantom Pain-ish design. Have to admit, Snake using his robo hand would be amazing. If that got in, I'd love it if his punches and such sound different whether he's clocking them with his metal fist or his normal hand.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
At least we're still sitting at nothing taking snake away. Though it's a shame we haven't seen anything in awhile to add to his case. At least we're not in the KKR camp. It's nuts over there. Since a Mii Costume for a newcomer doesn't necessarily deny but doesn't exactly inspire confidence either.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I have not checked the K Rool thread, and I'm honestly scared to, lol.
Yes there's rage, salt, sadness, and the feeling as if everyone's time has been wasted. As of now it's tapered off with a glimmer of hope and a few of the more dedicated Kutthroats picking up the pieces. The realization has sunk in, and some of us gave this whole Mii business a lot of thought. It seems awfully strange that K. Rool would just pop up out of no where as a Mii outfit when the only reason he's here is because of his Ballot popularity.

We managed to get them to acknowledge K. Rool but not in the way we wanted. Not to mention, even after K. Rool has been using his PAON design, out of the blue here comes Sakurai with a very very Rare design for a costume. Right down to the bulged eye, tiny tail, golden belly, and skin tone. This is about the anniversary of Meta Knight's reveal after his Mii Fighter mask went before him. Alos, K. Rool's mii costume is suspiciously very detailed for such a minor Nintendo character.

Some people think those textures were taken off the REAL K. Rool's model, and that this is a tease for a reveal at the end of Friday's Direct, Mewtwo style.

That's what we're hoping for. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Yes there's rage, salt, sadness, and the feeling as if everyone's time has been wasted. As of now it's tapered off with a glimmer of hope and a few of the more dedicated Kutthroats picking up the pieces. The realization has sunk in, and some of us gave this whole Mii business a lot of thought. It seems awfully strange that K. Rool would just pop up out of no where as a Mii outfit when the only reason he's here is because of his Ballot popularity.

We managed to get them to acknowledge K. Rool but not in the way we wanted. Not to mention, even after K. Rool has been using his PAON design, out of the blue here comes Sakurai with a very very Rare design for a costume. Right down to the bulged eye, tiny tail, golden belly, and skin tone. This is about the anniversary of Meta Knight's reveal after his Mii Fighter mask went before him. Alos, K. Rool's mii costume is suspiciously very detailed for such a minor Nintendo character.

Some people think those textures were taken off the REAL K. Rool's model, and that this is a tease for a reveal at the end of Friday's Direct, Mewtwo style.

That's what we're hoping for. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.
Indeed, the costume looks GORGEOUS!! I'm surely going to buy it. And, considering his popularity, I wouldn't be surprised if they made that costume to make more money, alongside him as a character. I'm sure that, if KKR was confirmed today alongside the costumes, all in the King trhead would have also purchased his costume.

And when they have confirmed a Direct for Friday? I think I've missed it.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Indeed, the costume looks GORGEOUS!! I'm surely going to buy it. And, considering his popularity, I wouldn't be surprised if they made that costume to make more money, alongside him as a character. I'm sure that, if KKR was confirmed today alongside the costumes, all in the King trhead would have also purchased his costume.

And when they have confirmed a Direct for Friday? I think I've missed it.
It has been said that these costumes will be released on the 31st of this month, which is this Friday. We figured we'd also be getting the stages and tourny mode we've been shown as well. People guess that we will get a Direct or something in the same vain of the Lucas/Roy/Ryu "New Content Coming" video. The last hope for K. Rool for a lot of folks is at the tail end of the trailer we get a Mewtwo style reveal.

The ballot doesn't technically end until October but a lot of people's faith is shaken. And I'd imagine that Mii Fighter outfit would be much better received if it accompanied a fully fledged playable Rool.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Guys Don't be scared just because K.K. Rool chances are looking slim; besides he's probably not even #1 anyways. Fellow Snake supporters!!! Now is our time to strike, spread Snake SUPPORT EVERYWHERE; get people to vote. One of our Biggest Rivals might have been defeated today. It seems like this may be Snake's Finest Hour. We are closer then ever how many rivals have been met with such a swift end, Yet us snake supporters have stayed strong since the beginning. Let us celebrate this victory and let us mourn for the defeated. Our perseverance is what keeps Snake alive, never lose faith in this my friends.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It has been said that these costumes will be released on the 31st of this month, which is this Friday. We figured we'd also be getting the stages and tourny mode we've been shown as well. People guess that we will get a Direct or something in the same vain of the Lucas/Roy/Ryu "New Content Coming" video. The last hope for K. Rool for a lot of folks is at the tail end of the trailer we get a Mewtwo style reveal.

The ballot doesn't technically end until October but a lot of people's faith is shaken. And I'd imagine that Mii Fighter outfit would be much better received if it accompanied a fully fledged playable Rool.
I hope we get a direct on Friday. I don't think the costume stops k rool, though.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Guys...

The King Dream is dead, BUT...

IS THIS A TEASE?!?!?! SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!
Like I said in the K. Rool thread, it is possible that this mii costume was made before the Smash Ballot. Considering how easy it is to make Mii costumes compared to fighters, this might have been made a LONG time ago. It doesn't mean that K. Rool's chances are any worse now, it's just a costume. I guess this could be said for the Inkling costumes as well. I'm not trying to sway your support away from Snake (Snake is my number 1 ballot pick), I'm just attempting to analyse the situation (which I am probably not the best at)

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm half expecting to see "Solid Snake returns to the brawl... as a Mii fighter costume!"

That would crush my soul.

Though why would they get the rights to Snake and not make him playable...

Oh...

If the glorious Kremling King is really down for the count and not waiting for the kredits to roll, I'm losing faith in popular picks.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I don't think a costume means much of anything either way. They could be releasing the costume before the character himself in order to coax people into buying it (not as many might buy a costume after the character) or they're maybe not creating a character at all. Nothing can really be drawn from it other than the fact they're acknowledging the character (and how popular he is).

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten to the point where just getting snakes moveset back in another character would be considered a victory. Even if a rather depressing one.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I've gotten to the point where just getting snakes moveset back in another character would be considered a victory. Even if a rather depressing one.
I don't think his moveset would be given to someone this game. It wouldn't really work for anyone other than an advance war character, but that is probably not happening.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I don't think K Rool is out yet. There's a bunch of costumes for characters already in the game, so that doesn't stop him. Didn't stop Inkling supporters when they got a costume too.
I would have agreed if it were just k rool, but having chrom there with him...kinda sours the whole thing. Especially since we all heard how sakurai perceived chrom as adding nothing new, so id say thats not a good sign.

Well in any case, that would put snake and wolf as the frontrunners right?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm half expecting to see "Solid Snake returns to the brawl... as a Mii fighter costume!"

That would crush my soul.

Though why would they get the rights to Snake and not make him playable...

Oh...

If the glorious Kremling King is really down for the count and not waiting for the kredits to roll, I'm losing faith in popular picks.
Well hopefully they DO make King K. Rool and Snake playable.
And the Mii costume in question is this:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I don't think his moveset would be given to someone this game. It wouldn't really work for anyone other than an advance war character, but that is probably not happening.
Advanced Wars or a more Sci-Fi themed one with someone from Metroid like Anthony.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
If Snake gets in as a Mii costume...
I don't see that being an economically wise decision. Unlike K. Rool, Snake's content already exists from Brawl. He has a model, moveset, stats, hitboxes, animations, etc. If they go through the trouble to get the rights to him, it'd be as much work to recreate a Mii costume as it would be a full character. It'd be smarter to just recycle the Brawl material and sell it at a higher price than recreate a skin for Mii and sell it for less.

Now a Big Boss/Raiden/Ocelot/Gray Fox Mii skin would make more sense in addition to Snake.

As for K. Rool, I get the feeling this might be some sort of weird way of Sakurai reaching a sort of middle ground with the fans. I am concerned that he may not see K. Rool as all that interesting as a fighter and might think this is a way to appease the fans and include him in the game. I hope, for his fans, this isn't exactly the case, but that is just how it seems to me.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Wow,we're really close to reaching 200 pages! It took us a while for 100 but we're moving up to 200 at a faster pace.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
So I frankensteined some HD collection renders together in photoshop into what I think Snake would look like if he joined the roster. Hope you guys enjoy. He's mah numbah 1.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I'm extremely happy. This news just about puts us at the top of the charts, along with Wolf.
I'm someone who considers K Rool completely finished now. I could be totally wrong, but I'm content with just waiting it out and seeing how the ballot goes. I honestly don't feel worried at all. Sakurai's just keeping us Snake supporters waiting...

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Like I said in the K. Rool thread, it is possible that this mii costume was made before the Smash Ballot. Considering how easy it is to make Mii costumes compared to fighters, this might have been made a LONG time ago. It doesn't mean that K. Rool's chances are any worse now, it's just a costume. I guess this could be said for the Inkling costumes as well. I'm not trying to sway your support away from Snake (Snake is my number 1 ballot pick), I'm just attempting to analyse the situation (which I am probably not the best at)
That's kind of contradictory. If it was made a long time ago, then it would have been DLC a long time ago. Or perhaps even in the game already. However, I'm not ruling out K. Rool just yet. I still remember when the Meta Knight mii costume had everyone worried and he ended up getting in. Although, I'm not a supporter for K. Rool, I still feel his chances are a bit debatable now.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
That's kind of contradictory. If it was made a long time ago, then it would have been DLC a long time ago. Or perhaps even in the game already. However, I'm not ruling out K. Rool just yet. I still remember when the Meta Knight mii costume had everyone worried and he ended up getting in. Although, I'm not a supporter for K. Rool, I still feel his chances are a bit debatable now.
I was thinking that the majority of the Mii costumes may have been in development before the Smash Ballot so that development could focus on the characters. The reason we didn't get all of the costumes in the first update was to build up hype with every update. The reason the costumes didn't appear in past updates could have been because the DLC is content that is added to the game, so they choose which content they should include with each update. I think that the reason Roy and Ryu showed up as DLC on the disk months before they were officially announced was just a mistake on the developer's part. They could have been testing something with the characters, and forgot to remove all of the files after the testing.

However, I have no developing knowledge, so if my reasoning is bad, sorry about the long comment

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
As said before, this is good news for us. Having such a popular character hurt like this helps bloster us. We need to continue promoting Snake as best we can. The only concern I have is the we could possibly get Mii'd. This isn't too concerning since we have veteran status. While I am sorry for the kremlings, I'm happy to see that us FOXHOUNDERS have such high morale.

Also nearing 200. HO-RAH!

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
While I'm not the biggest K. Rool supporter, it makes me really sad for the K. Rool fans who really wanted him in. This does potentially give Snake a much higher percentage of coming back, and I'm honestly kind of happy about that.
But I really feel for the the K. Rool fans who are loosing hope for the character they have been trying so hard to get in

Last edited:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Doubt we'll get mii'd If Snake was coming back, I doubt they'd want to foreshadow him with a costume, and if he wasn't, he wouldn't get a costume anyway because rights to his character.

We're sittin' pretty, guys. Spread the word!

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Here may be the reasons why King K Rool could not make the cut.
At least they did a Mii and not leave the character completely with Chrom.
Isaac Snake Wolf as DLC are a waste of time and money if they will be a mii.

To make matters worse, the Donkey Kong franchise has moved on without K. Rool and the Kremlings. The 2010 Retro Studios’ revival of the Donkey Kong Country games saw the Kremlings and the King axed in favour of the Tiki tribe, complete with a new main villain. This trend continued in 2014’s Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, with another cast of enemies named The Snowmads along with Lord Frederick taking the helm as the game’s new main villain. Whether or not K. Rool returns in future games isn’t relevant to his status as of now, which is when DLC development is taking place. This is a pretty significant issue for him as Sakurai has made it clear that characters without current relevance are given a lower priority than those that do have it:

Also, series and characters which are unlikely– or have no plans to receive a new entry will surely see their priority lowered.
また、未来にソフトが出る可能性や予定がないシリーズやキャラは、どうしても優先度が下がります。- Sakurai
This is why popular veterans have been cut in the past.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/07/11/evaluating-king-k-rools-chances/

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I highly doubt that, if Sakurai gets the right for Snake, he would just put him as a Mii Costume. Not only he already have a complete moveset/voice clips/models etc etc but remember that he made :4drmario: separate from :4mario: almost for not piss off Doc's fans, since he was already playable with his own gimmicks (and Thank God that he mayde that decision).

Megane-for-Life

Smash Cadet
NNID
megane-for-life
3DS FC
0533-5491-3147
Hey guys, just my two cents, Remember what he did with lucas? He announced a comeback character solo, then sprang two pretty unexpected characters one being another returning fighter and the other being a new character nobody could have expected. What if the ballot goes the same way? The top three being Snake Wolf and K. Rool? Maybe getting this costume out to lower the expectations of the K. Rool fans so that, if these three do stay top until the ballot ends, he can blindside the fans with him. I dunno, that's my optimistic look on this.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I would not settle for that, not only would it make everyone jump to the conclusion that "see he never mattered anyway". And i dont think sakurai would do that, especially when snakes moves are tailored to him, using the weapons from his games in how they function. Most of the characters (barring the grandfathered in clones) mimmick or at least take great inspiration from the games they hail from in function and gimmick wise, it would be a disservice to snake and the new character if we ended up with that.

Give me snake or give me death, either have him complete or nothing.

----
And lets move away from the k rool talk, the prosperity of the snake thread demands that we move forward.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Any 3rd party character that Nintendo gets rights to WON'T be a mii costume for obvious reasons just saying.

Top Bottom