• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If Snake returns as DLC, I have a few song ideas representing everything from Peace Walker to MGSV:
Peace Walker Main Theme
Heaven's Divide
It Has To Be This Way
A Stranger I Remain
The Stains of Time
I'm My Own Master Now
The Sins of The Father
Nuclear

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
If Snake returns as DLC, I have a few song ideas representing everything from Peace Walker to MGSV:
Peace Walker Main Theme
Heaven's Divide
It Has To Be This Way
A Stranger I Remain
The Stains of Time
I'm My Own Master Now
The Sins of The Father
Nuclear
Oh man, the feelings to hear MGRR music in Smash 4. Some Rules of Nature too would be perfect as well! My hype level will rise with every RULES OF NATURE!

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that would be awesome with Armstrong and Raiden as ATs
Raiden as an Assist would be cool. Either that or bring back Gray fox. Maybe if Raiden was an Assist, he will incorporate his blade mode and then do Zandatsu at the end to knock out opponents.

Actually I guess Zandatsu wouldn't make sense on Nintendo characters since they are not powered by fuel cells :$

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I am really not much a supporter.. at all. I think other characters deserve to be in over Snake because he already was playable in Brawl...buuuuuuut I'd kinda like to see him in because that'd mean Metal Gear Rising music could get in and that game is my jam.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well I can guarantee you one thing, MGSV will be the last brand new Konami title I ever buy, by purging their talented console developers, and going into an already oversaturated mobile gaming market, Konami has unknowingly set the stage for their own destruction

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I am really not much a supporter.. at all. I think other characters deserve to be in over Snake because he already was playable in Brawl...buuuuuuut I'd kinda like to see him in because that'd mean Metal Gear Rising music could get in and that game is my jam.
Nothing against you, but since you brought it up I need to say my opinion:
The "he as already been in a game" is the worst excuse for precluding any character in any game. With this logic, veteran shouldn't exist, cuz they have already showed what they can do. So let's cut Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Sonic, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Peach, Falcon, Ness etc. etc. and just have the newcomers, since they are new, but let's cut them once we made the next title.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Nothing against you, but since you brought it up I need to say my opinion:
The "he as already been in a game" is the worst excuse for precluding any character in any game. With this logic, veteran shouldn't exist, cuz they have already showed what they can do. So let's cut Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Sonic, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Peach, Falcon, Ness etc. etc. and just have the newcomers, since they are new, but let's cut them once we made the next title.
I get that. but once they've been cut I think we should put new characters in the spotlight first before the vets get back in. That's just my opinion though.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Lol there's a guy on Reddit claiming to know the full story about the phantom pain. Obviously fake, though.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
The main reason people say the konami situation hurts snake's chances is because Kojima is leaving konami. Everyone here knows Kojima asking Sakurai is the main reason Snake was in brawl, so it is definitely understandable as to why people would think that it hurts his chances. But, we also have to remember that Yuji Naka also asked for sonic in melee. During Brawl's development, he did not work at sega. But Sakurai still somehow managed to get sonic in the game, despite sega being difficult.
The sitaution is some what similar, except Naka left and Kojima was fired. So, it may not be too much of a problem. It's pretty much in Sakurai and Konami's hands. If it's viewed as profitable and a good decision, then Konami will say yes.

I'm not saying Snake is the most likely candidate and what not, but I think he isn't as hopeless as most others make him to be.
This is the way I see it. Nintendo can still work a deal with Konami without Kojima just as they did with Sega without Naka and Capcom without Inafune. They just need to know that it's in their best interest to bring Snake back (ie know they will make lots money from the DLC/Amiibo sales due to the demand for him). Snake had made it in Brawl due to Kojima, but should he make it in Smash Bros 4, it will be because of the fans. Let's keep his support high!

I get that. but once they've been cut I think we should put new characters in the spotlight first before the vets get back in. That's just my opinion though.
Fair enough, my opinion is the opposite, I rather get back all the interesting and fun (ie not clone) vets before even considering any newcomers. Honestly, during the whole time before this game, I was more concerned with what vets we get back rather than any of the newcomers at all. New characters can be fun, but many of vets have already proven to be fun and worth keeping.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm far more interested in veterans too, Snake especially. Even some clones I'd be hyped about. I'd go nuts for Young Link far more than I would K Rool.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Fair enough, my opinion is the opposite, I rather get back all the interesting and fun (ie not clone) vets before even considering any newcomers. Honestly, during the whole time before this game, I was more concerned with what vets we get back rather than any of the newcomers at all. New characters can be fun, but many of vets have already proven to be fun and worth keeping.
That's fair. I do enjo the new way more than the old mostly because y'know.. you can go back and play them at any given time but the newer ones you cannot so that's my perspective on the situation.

That said I wouldn't mind seeing Snake return even though his chances might seem slim and I'd never play him.
I'd love that glorious MSR music in my smash bros.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I am the only person on the planet that didn't enjoy MGR much? I mean, I do love the antagonists (even if they are super undeveloped) and the music (being a huge old school metal fan) was okaaay, really good at giving motivation to the various bosses, but not something I'd listen to much on my own. I disapprove of buttrock. Zaibatsu pls.

At any rate I really wouldn't care much if MGR music got in, I don't feel like that music would fit Snake at all. MGR to me was this kinda weird spinoffish thing that's not really a spinoff. The music is catchy, but I'd much rather have ANY other MG track in. Snake doesn't go with heavy metal.

I get that lots of people love Rising and I respect all that, but really, I don't see why people want the music to come in with Snake. Heaven's Divide! Love Theme! Those fit with Snake. Rules of Nature, A Stranger I Remain... That's just a tonal clash with the character and most likely a stage that comes with Snake I wouldn't like at all. MGR music wouldn't fit on Shadow Moses, that's for sure.

Again, total respect to people who love Rising, and it's music is cool and stuff, but I don't think it would go with Snake at all. Maybe if he got a stage on top of whatever MG Armstrong was riding. I can't remember the name, I personally found Rising pretty forgettable.

Except for Armstrong, what a great antagonist.

Think I'm just more in love with other Metal Gear games. I even liked Raiden a lot more before Rising. Dunno, guys. If Rising was a bit more fleshed out and felt a little more Metal Gear in regards to its story I probably would be singing a different tune. I feel like it just wasn't big enough to inspire the same emotion that other MG games do for me. That's why I think Rising music would be kinda dumb.

Peace.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Rising is the only MG game I've bothered to complete because it was so much fun all the way through so that might factor in my love for the game. (I couldn't be bothered to finish any of the main games. I don't like the gameplay)

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
That's fair. I do enjo the new way more than the old mostly because y'know.. you can go back and play them at any given time but the newer ones you cannot so that's my perspective on the situation.

That said I wouldn't mind seeing Snake return even though his chances might seem slim and I'd never play him.
I'd love that glorious MSR music in my smash bros.
That makes sense. I never go back to the older ones (except back to the N64 game during Melee since Melee has always been my least favorite of the series) so I rather just have it all in the same place. Of course, not every veteran interests me; I'd be much happier if Young Link or Dark Pit never returned to the series.

Plus, I really just want to see Snake go against Villager's pocket ability and the new third party characters.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Rising is the only MG game I've bothered to complete because it was so much fun all the way through so that might factor in my love for the game. (I couldn't be bothered to finish any of the main games. I don't like the gameplay)
Fair enough, man. I'm sure if I played Rising first I'd think the same way. I'm just on the opposite end of the spectrum. x]

No wrong way to think when it comes to enjoying a game. <3

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
My favorite genres are Metal Gear sneakysneakin' and Devil May Cry cuhrazy action ****. Platinum and Kojima are my two favorite developers. That makes Rising a weird mashup of all my favorite things. AndIwantanother. I love that MGR Raiden got his own Ground Zeroes mission too. But yes, the MGR buttrock definitely shouldn't take precedence over other MGS classics, but I'd love at least 1 or 2 songs.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I wonder if konami would let platinum do another MGR. The game did sell pretty decent as far as I've heard.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if konami would let platinum do another MGR. The game did sell pretty decent as far as I've heard.
I hope they give a sequel a lot of love. I hear that the original vision for MGR was wildly different than the finished product. I would indeed love if it got a good sequel with some more free movement. I love Platinum. I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the majority of their games, bar the Wonderful 101, but it's so obvious that they put a ton of work and love into everything they make. Devs like that get my respect and support.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
I heard there was demand for MGR2 from fans and such since I think parts of E3 2015, announcers were asking if MGR2 was in the making.

To be honest, I'm more curious about this "new Metal Gear" konami has been talking about and what are they going to do? I have this strange feeling though that it won't top MGSV PP, but I'm interested in what they can do without Kojima and his studio in the works of it.

Maybe it will pull something like MGA and MGA2, and bring in a different story away from the Solid timeline.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I've got to agree on the MGR music note. sure everybody loves RULES OF NATUUUURE and it'd be hilarious but it definitely wouldn't fit snake or a mgs stage at all. MGR was a good game on it's own but it honestly only feels like metal gear in name only to me with it's very odd and jarring tonal shift. I may want K.rool more but i still think that if it is at all possible, Snake should return.(that said.. legally it is a lot trickier this time around..)

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'd flip if Snake got back in and Collective Consciousness was added somehow.

That song is amazing.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bruh, all I want is a kick ass remix of MG1's Red Alert. Theme of Tara is great and all, but I want Red Alert.

This one sounds like it was done by whoever did Brawl's Kirby remixes.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
The song I want most is likely not going to be in is Mantis' hymn and Infiltrator vs Parasite. So Awesome.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Bad news Bayonetta wins the #Smashfest of Smashified
:(
https://twitter.com/smashified/status/626136798914314240
That isn't too much of a surprise. I think the poll was supposed to just be a poll for who you want for DLC, but a lot of people probably thought the poll was a poll for the next Smashified contender (including myself at first). I think a lot of people, even people who would prefer Snake as DLC would want Bayonetta to be Smashified since she was never in a Smash game. That being said, I think the demand for a Smashified Bayonetta will be very high after this poll anyway, so Smashified Bayonetta is pretty much inevitable at this point.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about the poll. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
You had some good points @ cmbsfm cmbsfm . I recently read that article of Sonic was considered to be in Brawl before development begun but SEGA was being difficult. I don't see why Konami wouldn't let Snake rejoin the fray, Maybe they already worked out the DLC plans before Kojima left.

I gotta say i'm fairly hyped for Bayonetta wining the Smashified spot. I'm sorry guys.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I know it's unlikely that Snake would get a redesign if he returned, but I just found a texture mod for The Twin Snakes that convinced me that MGS1 style snake with Naked Snake's beard would look awesome

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Here have leak from 4chan. Great Bay coming back would be well...great. I hope we get Shadow Moses Island along with Snake at some point!
I think that probably is fake, but who knows. You also got my hopes up for a leak shadow moses when I skimmed through your post before reading.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
I want a new design, more actual, as Roy or Ryu in Smash.

I want a combination of the design of Phantom Pain and Snake Eater with the patch, headband and ponytail. With black suit.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I know it's unlikely that Snake would get a redesign if he returned, but I just found a texture mod for The Twin Snakes that convinced me that MGS1 style snake with Naked Snake's beard would be look awesome
That would be perfect. I'd also want Naked Snake, Liquid Snake, and Punished Snake alts.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Guys...

The King Dream is dead, BUT...

IS THIS A TEASE?!?!?! SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom