• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yesterday was probably the best day of RTC result-wise for me.

Not only do I(ironically) predict my own character's final chances correctly(and score extra nominations in the process), but it's chances and want are decent(Chance outdoes Ridley and Dark Samus, and Want, while not rivaling Ridley, is still great).

As for Snake, holy mother of god the positivity. He now outranks Isaac of all people in Want. There's that optimism shining. Chance ain't half bad either.

Last edited:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Yesterday was probably the best day of RTC result-wise for me.

Not only do I(ironically) predict my own character's final chances correctly(and score extra nominations in the process), but it's chances and want are decent(Chance outdoes Ridley and Dark Samus, and Want, while not rivaling Ridley, is still great).

As for Snake, holy mother of god the positivity. He now outranks Isaac of all people in Want. There's that optimism shining. Chance ain't half bad either.
Hey, glad the character you support most is turning out to top its competitors. Nice! x]
This was the first time I've participated in RTC, was Snake's rating/want thing pretty great? I felt like it should have been a bit higher. (The rating, I mean.)
I talked to one of my friends who rated Snake, and even though he rated pretty low (15% or something) he said he never really rates higher than 20% on anyone at all. By that logic, I guess he did alright in the long run?

It was a pretty fun experience.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Technically, this isn't exactly on-topic, but it's too awesome for me not to mention - Team Fortress 2 added a new taunt for the Spy in its latest update, and I'm pretty sure it's the only one that I'm going to use from now on.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Just got back to replaying twin snakes, really fun.
Technically, this isn't exactly on-topic, but it's too awesome for me not to mention - Team Fortress 2 added a new taunt for the Spy in its latest update, and I'm pretty sure it's the only one that I'm going to use from now on.

Hell yes! I just need this and the deep cover operator and I'll be gold/

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692

I am hugely into Team Fortress and i bought this immediately, and I never buy things besides keys in that game.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Oh my, "The Blu", just like "The Orange"!
I should try once again TF2...

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been thinking of getting back into TF2, and I really wanna get my hands on that Eye-catcher and Deep Cover Operator for obvious reasons.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
"SNAKE
CHANCE: 30.71%
WANT: 71.35%"

The ratings are almost inverse of each other. Kinda funny.
That's not too bad, all things considered. He was given about a third of a chance when most people here write off any third party character for being third party. And nearly 3/4 demand is pretty nice too, I hope Sakurai listens to the fans and give us him.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Guys while I do want Snake back(my second most wanted, the first being Daisy) aren't his chances slightly hampered with all that's been happening on Konami lately? Don't get me wrong, I would totally love it if he came back and read the OP, just saying. And don't know where, but I saw someone who voted for Raiden rather than Snake, his reasoning was that he would prefer to see what would Raiden do rather than Snake.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And don't know where, but I saw someone who voted for Raiden rather than Snake, his reasoning was that he would prefer to see what would Raiden do rather than Snake.
Here's a buena idea.

Tell that guy to get this game called PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

There it's shown what Raiden can do rather than Snake.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Guys while I do want Snake back(my second most wanted, the first being Daisy) aren't his chances slightly hampered with all that's been happening on Konami lately? Don't get me wrong, I would totally love it if he came back and read the OP, just saying. And don't know where, but I saw someone who voted for Raiden rather than Snake, his reasoning was that he would prefer to see what would Raiden do rather than Snake.
Konami is unpredictable at this point. It'd be a good decision, with the promotion for their games and the money they'd make. But who knows what they think. The people who run their Twitter think it is a good idea, hope that parrallels what the higher ups think.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Your friend could still look up a Youtube video of the game - there's several dedicated to just showing Raiden's moves.

Admittedly, the game was made before Metal Gear Rising was released, but it's still a good representation of what he can do.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
A lot of Raiden's moves in PSASBR are in Revengeance anyway.

I tried it myself and got similar results, albeit with different inputs.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh that game that is often said to be a 'Smash rip-off'? Yeah not that good....
It's actually very good! However, this sort of mindset is what killed the game. I still want my ****ing Dart, Sony Santa Monica!! :mad:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's fun for ****in' around, but competitively, it's really stupid and bad and not balanced.

If there were any 2nd MGS rep added to the game, I'd want it to be The Boss. Raiden's alright, but he really isn't my favorite, even in Revengeance. I could think off all sorts of stuff that'd be neat for Boss though. Like a disarm move that disables the use of specials or something for a short time. Even better, make it a counter. If the counter lands, the move that hit it is disabled for a good half a minute, or until a different move is countered, or the opponent dies.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It's fun for ****in' around, but competitively, it's really stupid and bad and not balanced.

If there were any 2nd MGS rep added to the game, I'd want it to be The Boss. Raiden's alright, but he really isn't my favorite, even in Revengeance. I could think off all sorts of stuff that'd be neat for Boss though. Like a disarm move that disables the use of specials or something for a short time. Even better, make it a counter. If the counter lands, the move that hit it is disabled for a good half a minute, or until a different move is countered, or the opponent dies.
Maybe they could do a second character from revengance, like sam or something.

Nicholas Donnoli

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowman9934
Right now i main OLIMAR. But is snake comes back it'll be snake all day OLIMAR secondary. I need snake back its not a wish it's a need. Why can't we just have him already haha

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice

Gotta agree with you there. The Boss being playable would be the hypest thing to ever happen. Cool idea, too. x]

I actually really didn't enjoy Revengance. Some of the story was great, but I felt it was pretty lackluster. I'm not a huge fan of character action games either. It's a shame, because lots of people seem to love it.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Gotta agree with you there. The Boss being playable would be the hypest thing to ever happen. Cool idea, too. x]

I actually really didn't enjoy Revengance. Some of the story was great, but I felt it was pretty lackluster. I'm not a huge fan of character action games either. It's a shame, because lots of people seem to love it.
I haven't played rising either, buy it as far as I've seen,it looks pretty fun.Plus, it is made by platinum games.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played rising either, buy it as far as I've seen,it looks pretty fun.Plus, it is made by platinum games.
Gosh, yeah. I actually love The Wonderful 101. Platinum does things right, they have my respect. Basically the only devs/publishers I really respect are Nintendo, Valve, Platinum, Konami, and FromSoft. Seems like they all really try to put out quality products. :p

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rock half dat cold war camo.

I'm disappointed in the lack of pictures of Snake in cold war camo.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Gosh, yeah. I actually love The Wonderful 101. Platinum does things right, they have my respect. Basically the only devs/publishers I really respect are Nintendo, Valve, Platinum, Konami, and FromSoft. Seems like they all really try to put out quality products. :p
Shame that Metal Gear will probably get milked like crazy by Konami, while Half-Life might not get a proper conclusion.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I think that it would be terrible if MG got milked, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen. It's a shame all around. :,<
Valve used to make games, but now they make money. x]
I wish there was an organization that would stop entertainment companies from making bad decisions like this.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I wish there was an organization that would stop entertainment companies from making bad decisions like this.
Well ideally the consumer should be part of that. People going in for microtransactions even for non-gameplay cosmetic stuff like hats and keys has driven Valve to heavily monetise what they can. The sad thing is that they could easily afford to make more games with the revenue stream they've set up but all they seem to do with it is perpetuate it further. How could you regulate against that when at the end of the day consumer's have demonstrated this is what they'll pay for and so it's the natural direction in which to steer? I've played TF2 since 2008 and I've become a bit soured on all the microtransaction stuff they've added especially after that great period of totally free class updates.

Personally I've never paid for anything outside the initial purchase (though somebody somewhere paid for some of the stuff I've ended up obtaining) but I was hoping the microtransactions would further fund worthwhile updates and additional content. However it seems to me the profits went up while the update frequency and quality went down generally. The latest update has some balance changes (that should have comes ages ago) but no additional content without yet another fee. A bit ranty and totally off-topic I know, though I worry about a similar thing happening with Nintendo and amiibos.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
*Listens to Nuclear from Phantom Pain*
Have you guys tried to go to Miiverse to see if you can find some support? That's what we are doing in the Daisy thread and has yielded us great results, I know that is hard to find a good community who would support Snake in the Miiverse, but hey you never know unless you try right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom