• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Because Pac-Man is well known for his history with Nintendo and not his arcade cabinet.

Because Sonic is well known for his terrible games past the Dreamcast and not the Genesis originals.

Because Ryu and Street Fighter have totally been at home on Nintendo consoles all these years.

GG.
Good job, you sure shut him up. :D
So, does anyone have any advice against The Boss in MGS3? I have beaten the game numberous times before, but the 3DS has some sort of weird camera angle with that battle, the camera is restricted. Anyway, because of this, I had to use run and tranq tactics, which sorta failed on Hard. I'm now trying to beat her with CQC slams and tranq's, but I can't seem to reliably beat her in CQC. I know you have to press the CQC button after Snake grunts, but any other advice?
...explosives?

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I Haven't been keeping up with smash news or frequenting Smashboards for awhile, but it makes me happy to see the Snake support hasn't dyed down. So at A-kon I'm going to cosplay as Snake. While I'm doing this I'm gonna make sure to convince fans I meet to vote for him in the smash ballot.

Oh, and can y'all add me to the op as a supporter.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I Haven't been keeping up with smash news or frequenting Smashboards for awhile, but it makes me happy to see the Snake support hasn't dyed down. So at A-kon I'm going to cosplay as Snake. While I'm doing this I'm gonna make sure to convince fans I meet to vote for him in the smash ballot.

Oh, and can y'all add me to the op as a supporter.
Can you take a picture and show us how you look? Or would that be leaving evidence?

Beat The Boss BTW, sorta got lucky.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Can you take a picture and show us how you look? Or would that be leaving evidence?

Beat The Boss BTW, sorta got lucky.
I'm not quite done with the costume yet, since I'm doing Big Boss I have to make or find a stabo harness which will either take a little extra bit of time and/or effort. But besides that I got the everything from the Tiger stripe BDUs, the various ammo pouches, gun holster, bandanna, etc. I even now a friend that's good with makeup who's going to help me with the face paint. I'm also trying to find a good cardboard box, but the ones I seem to come across are always too oddly shaped to be functional.

Also, does Smashboards have any policies that would get me in trouble for posting a picture of myself? It might be a stupid question, but I want to be careful I don't get banned or in trouble for something that could be easily avoided.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Also, does Smashboards have any policies that would get me in trouble for posting a picture of myself? It might be a stupid question, but I want to be careful I don't get banned or in trouble for something that could be easily avoided.
A picture of yourself is completely fine.

More personal details should ideally be avoided.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
There is a really easy way to cheese the Boss in MGS3 so I've heard.

There is a white camo scheme which makes you 100% camouflaged in the orchids. You can shoot and scoot without her noticing you if you do it well.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the support list if I'm not already on it! I got bad memory...
Anyway, I just realized that, if he comes back, he's going to be terrible. He's obviously going to have his hitboxes made smaller, that DACUS will be gone, there is no way he will still be a super heavyweight, and his codec calls will be gone. At least he won't be affected by the grab release glitch.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
(page 2)
What Happened? Snake? SNAAAAKE!

Have any of you been paying attention to tweets following the MGSV event? Personally, I wish I hadn't read some of them, solely because Sept. 1st is a long ways away.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Anyone else have small hopes for a potential Snake reveal at E3?

I know Roy and Ryu are the big things right now, but neither are set in stone yet. And what better way than to reveal Snake at E3(besides cross promotion with Phantom Pain), like it was done 9 years ago?

ExtDoc

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtDoctor
3DS FC
3626-0833-5755
Switch FC
SW-5883-4164-4801

I know Roy and Ryu are the big things right now, but neither are set in stone yet. And what better way than to reveal Snake at E3(besides cross promotion with Phantom Pain), like it was done 9 years ago?
Yes!!! Is it sad that the thing I'm most hyped for from Nintendo at E3 is potential Sm4sh DLC?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yes!!! Is it sad that the thing I'm most hyped for from Nintendo at E3 is potential Sm4sh DLC?
No.

Aside from a possible new Metroid title, all I'm really interested in this E3 Nintendo-wise is who and what comes as Smash DLC next. Everything else is just added goodies.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

One of my Sm4sh related E3 2015 hopes has alway's been Lucas + Tournament mode+ Miiverse release date, Street Fighter Mii Brawler and Fire Emblem Mii Swordfighter costumes reveal and release date, and then Solid Snake dlc reveal. :snake:

Sewnic

Smash Cadet

"You haven't been announced for a Smash Brothers game for quite some time. Yes yes, I know you'd like to know how long. I'm afraid it's been... nine years."

:snake:

Hard to believe it's been that long already, considering all that's happened in between. For the past few E3s/Nintendo Directs that Smash 4 has been present in, I've always had that small yet overpowering hope that Snake would be revealed. This year is no different for me - with Metal Gear as a whole being finite come Phantom Pain's release (through fans' eyes, not so much Konami's), Snake as Smash 4 DLC would certainly be the bow on top of the franchise's closure this year. I hope Sakurai understands all of this and supports his friend and the series through the end.

The Debbie Downers say "Sakurai has no reason to put Snake in after the falling out at Konami", speaking as if Sakurai has no humanistic values and disregards Kojima - a close friend - in the predicament. With that mindset, I interpret it as: "My close friend Billy is getting a nasty divorce after several decades being together, but as a dear friend I have no reason to support him in what may be one of the most monumental hardships in his life." That reasoning always irked me a tiny bit, but in the end, what do I know - maybe Sakurai is showing support through non-Smash means.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
"You haven't been announced for a Smash Brothers game for quite some time. Yes yes, I know you'd like to know how long. I'm afraid it's been... nine years."

:snake:
If you want to get into technicalities, it's seven years if you take him being in from Brawl's actual release in 2008. But still...

Hard to believe it's been that long already, considering all that's happened in between. For the past few E3s/Nintendo Directs that Smash 4 has been present in, I've always had that small yet overpowering hope that Snake would be revealed. This year is no different for me - with Metal Gear as a whole being finite come Phantom Pain's release (through fans' eyes, not so much Konami's), Snake as Smash 4 DLC would certainly be the bow on top of the franchise. I hope Sakurai understands all of this and supports his friend and the series through the end.

The Debbie Downers say "Sakurai has no reason to put Snake in after the falling out at Konami", speaking as if Sakurai has no humanistic values and disregards Kojima - a close friend - in the predicament. With that mindset, I interpret it as: "My close friend Billy is getting a nasty divorce after several decades being together, but as a dear friend I have no reason to support him in what may be one of the most monumental hardships in his life." That reasoning always irked me a tiny bit, but in the end, what do I know - maybe Sakurai is showing support through non-Smash means.
^^^^^^^^

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Here's a somewhat random post. I was digging around in some old High School , and I found a sketch of MGS5 Big Boss. Do you rike it?
[collapse=Sketch]

[/collapse]

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Add me to the support list if I'm not already on it! I got bad memory...
Anyway, I just realized that, if he comes back, he's going to be terrible. He's obviously going to have his hitboxes made smaller, that DACUS will be gone, there is no way he will still be a super heavyweight, and his codec calls will be gone. At least he won't be affected by the grab release glitch.
I doubt it. Sure, he would lose something, but he will still be good. And there was no way Mewtwo was going to remain lightweight, but look: he is the 2nd lightest! We can't predict Sakurai. I'm confident in his balance of the roster. Tecnically, no one sucks (at least on my point of view).

I have a small hope that, if they have already worked on him, he could be showed at E3. But if they haven't done anything about him (or they started with the early Ballot results) I doubt he will be at Los Angeles...

Sewnic

Smash Cadet

Not sure if this has been posted here already - if a Snake amiibo were to be designed like this, acquiring him would mark the liberation of my amiibo collecting days.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Not sure if this has been posted here already - if a Snake amiibo were to be designed like this, acquiring him would mark the liberation of my amiibo collecting days.
WHOA

WHOA

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

WHY ISNT THIS REAL

:crying:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I would definitely throw my money for that. :)

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

I've not bought any Amiibo's as of this post just due to the fact that I don't see much of a point personally (or money issues) but I'd make an exception for this.

ExtDoc

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtDoctor
3DS FC
3626-0833-5755
Switch FC
SW-5883-4164-4801

That"s sexy AF.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On the topic of amiibos, here's what I got so far: :rosalina:, :4megaman:, :4link:, :4myfriends:, :4zelda: and :4shulk:. Planning to get these to complete my collection: :4lucina: and :4robinm: (maybe).

However, if Snake does return and they make his amiibo, I'm definitely gonna buy it even if I have to sell my soul to the devil.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

I can't even bring myself to pay extra for Ness, my main since Smash 64...

But the first thing I thought when I saw that was "I'd Ebay the hell out of it."

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake

A pretty cool rendering for sure. That would be a fantastic pose for his character art, box and all.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I thought of something.

E3 2013: Third-party Mega Man revealed

E3 2014: Third-party Pac-Man revealed

E3 2015: Possible third party Snake reveal?

This is straw grasping more than anything, but I do believe it plausible.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I thought of something.

As much as I would love for that to happen, I have my doubts...but who knows. Don't get your hopes up yet, compadre.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
As much as I would love for that to happen, I have my doubts...but who knows. Don't get your hopes up yet, compadre.
I know, I've had my fair share of disappointments in speculation periods, like predicting Mewtwo would appear in the July reveal as opposed to Robin/Lucina.

I mentioned it was straw grasping anyway, so I'm expecting someone else entirely, but reserving some small expectations for Snake's return.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I thought of something.

That could also apply to ryu as well. Im not getting my hopes up again, i wont deny that anything is possible, but i dont think we will get any results until nintendo takes notice that we want him back via the ballot.

Last edited:

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
As much as I'd like to see Snake return (he was the character I voted for during the fighter ballot), the issues involving Konami and Kojima that have been surfacing lately has me wondering...

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That could also apply to ryu as well. Im not getting my hopes up again, i wont deny that anything is possible, but i dont think we will get any results until nintendo takes notice that we want him back via the ballot.
At this point Nintendo should have some idea of who's being voted for. Snake should be rather high, if not #1.

I just made it as a theory, I've fallen victim to theory disappointment before and won't severely get my hopes up.

Top Bottom