• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I've promoted Snake with the Snake Tournament and now with a Picture and the link for vote Snake.
First with the Tournament (one and midi week before) I've wachted a normal to good reaction in various Smash groups on Facebook, only one group responded some aggresive because they want more indies and news and not Snake (similar to Roy before DLC) with misinformation about the Kojima case.

And since yesterday I put the link with a good picture of Snake amiibo that I found on Twiter.
View attachment 76394
Seeing this just makes me want Snake more

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Did the smash ballot always have that disclaimer below about showing people's votes via the Internet? I don't remember that being there before
Yeah, at least the European version (which is the one I was using) had always had that disclaimer.

There's still time to vote. Tell your friends!

We've officially reached 300 followers on Twitter. It isn't a lot. But that doesn't mean that it's a small fanbase. The Snake for Smash fanbase is a strong one, and we've defended Snake and Metal Gear from a large portion of the Smash fanbase. Snake gets a lot of flack from people who don't understand him or the series, and who also don't care to.

Today is the last day to vote, and I am confident that Snake will end up in the Top 5 of the Ballot. He'll place #2 for Smash veterans, anywhere from 4-6 overall, and #1 for 3rd Party characters. That HAS to mean something.

Sakurai is not a fan of cutting characters. He knows people love Smash and the characters in it. I don't think he would have added Snake simply to cut him with his own will. I deeply believe that our efforts (as well as the many who aren't on this site) will at least prove in some way that Snake left a footprint on Smash. People want him back.

I know there's a supposed leak out there saying Bomberman is to take Snake's spot. However, that's literally not how Sakurai rolls. He wouldn't replace Snake with Bomberman. People want Snake because they want to play as Snake, not a "Konami Rep".

No matter what, after today it's out of our hands. I am proud of this fanbase for the passion we've displayed. I wish I could have done more on Twitter (I will admit, I was pretty lacking there. I apologize), but we've definitely made an impression.

Keep fighting the good fight!
I would dare to say that Snake will place anywhere from 1# to 4# place overall, and 1# veteran. Surely Wolf is popular in both Japan and America (just as Snake), but I can't really say the same for Europe (for example most of the Italian players still thinks he is a useless third Fox), while Snake is hugely supported even here, and Europe counts just as much as America and Japan.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
When he and Wolf get in as DLC, I don't really care who will get in after them. I will just treat the rest of the remaining characters as bonus. Be sure to get some extra votes for Snake now! You still got time!

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
They may already have the votes counted up.

Also this joke may be a little old.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Well it says that the deadline is Oct 3, so any votes pass this point are probably invalid.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Well it says that the deadline is Oct 3, so any votes pass this point are probably invalid.
Yeah, that's probably what it is. But it just feels really strange without any proper closure.

EDIT:
The movie page on the Smash site is down...
We're close..
Whuuuuut? That's strange. Does that page usually go down with updates?

EDIT(again): The movie page only seems to be down in the Americas section. Very strange.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I can confirm that the Italian/PAL movie page is all right.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Probably just routine maintenance, also due to high volume of traffic with people thinking something will show up. I think we wont hear much for a bit, they might just update the page saying thanks for participating.

---
Oh and heres a japanese poll i saw in another thread, remember to vote snake even there so we can show em who the real boss is.

http://esports-runner.com/ssb4/sinkyara_yosou/

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Everybody that want Snake back as DLC made me happy and optimistic. Hopefully Sakurai is listening to our voices and support.
COME ON EVERYBODY, RIDE THE HYPE TRAIN!

:4mario:vs.:4megaman:vs.:4pacman:vs.:4sonic:vs.:4ryu:vs.:snake:
This battle will come true one day!!! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!! WE CAN'T STOP THE HYPE! THE RIDE NEVER END FOR US!!!!!!

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Such a lust for information, WHOOOOOO was selected from the ballot?

Last edited:

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Wow still working the likes on the Facebook groups
If the ballot cannot close then we could get more extra votes hahahahahaha :troll::troll::troll::troll::phone:

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Such a lust for information, WHOOOOOO was selected from the ballot?
The thirst for information the Smash Ballot has planted will infest the internet. No one can stop it now. Sakurai will unleash that thirst unto the future. Sakurai... we're burning UUUUAAAAAHHHP

Day 1 since the Ballot has "closed", yet the page is still up and running. I feel incredibly tense, knowing all's quiet on the Smash Ballot front. My guess is it'll be taken down or replaced with a "Thanks to all for voting!" message by Monday at the soonest.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The thirst for information the Smash Ballot has planted will infest the internet. No one can stop it now. Sakurai will unleash that thirst unto the future. Sakurai... we're burning UUUUAAAAAHHHP

Day 1 since the Ballot has "closed", yet the page is still up and running. I feel incredibly tense, knowing all's quiet on the Smash Ballot front. My guess is it'll be taken down or replaced with a "Thanks to all for voting!" message by Monday at the soonest.
Yeah man, these next few months are going to be intense. It'll be like the pre-release day where we sspeculated and wondered what would happen, instead of pushingfor voting in polls. Ah hope he gets revealed so we can have a good sub forum.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman

This salute goes out to all Snake supporters. The ballot's now over, and anything could happen any day now. Snake's future may be unknown at this point, but no matter what happens, i'm glad I was part of this movement!

Last edited:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Sunday nights are a slow surrender, eh?

I literally can't wait for the results. I swear, they made us wait this long, I need some gosh darn closure. Snake comes back, I'm thinking of throwing a party at my place for my friends. Also, I'll tell my friends to give me my birthday presents this month unwrapped, just in generic cardboard boxes.
HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss Seems like K Rool is leading that thread, with Wolf following, and Snake just behind in third. Not a lot of votes to the thread though, so it's all good. x]

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
The ballot still hasn't closed. What if they forgot? What if there's no winner? They played us like a damn fiddle!

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
"Woops! We forgot to tell you... we're expanding the ballot for another year in order to get even more fan suggestions. Stay tuned! In the meantime, please enjoy my good friend Liquid Pit."

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I like the 2 characters-2 stages connected theory going around here--makes Snake with Shadow Moses Island and Ice Climbers with Summit sound delightful! Plus, they're both Brawl stages and with Pirate Ship, you'd have 95% of Brawl's stages in 4

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The ballot is closed is Japan now! It's still up in other regions, but I think the link was removed from the Smash website.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The ballot is closed is Japan now! It's still up in other regions, but I think the link was removed from the Smash website.
I can also confirm the link if no longer active on the North American website!!

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I like the 2 characters-2 stages connected theory going around here--makes Snake with Shadow Moses Island and Ice Climbers with Summit sound delightful! Plus, they're both Brawl stages and with Pirate Ship, you'd have 95% of Brawl's stages in 4
Don't get my hopes up by suggesting both my veterans can come back.
The 3DS brutally murdered the Ice Climbers in the night, we all accepted that a while ago, don't be brazen giving me hope by suggesting they're not dead in the water.

If Snake, IC, and Ivysaur returned, I'd throw a freaking party at my place and invite ERRONE.[/quote]

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Don't get my hopes up by suggesting both my veterans can come back.
The 3DS brutally murdered the Ice Climbers in the night, we all accepted that a while ago, don't be brazen giving me hope by suggesting they're not dead in the water.

If Snake, IC, and Ivysaur returned, I'd throw a freaking party at my place and invite ERRONE.
[/QUOTE]
It was mainly just a dream I had--though the stage thing is true. That would be such a perfect fit to the puzzle, huh? But if it's too good to be true it probably is

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Im enjoying the salt im seeing from everyone whos watching etika's poll and seeing snake dominate. Especially gamefaqs who have a few people who just cant understand why snake would win, or why sakurai would go against "their rules" for choosing characters. As usual many snake detractors (and most of the smash fanbase) end up speaking in sith absolutes like those points they made up mean anything, hilarious.....I really have become a demon lol

Either way when stuff like this below is still happening, we need some closure soon to silence it.

"Did you guys once again forget that the reason WHY Snake was in Brawl in the first place is because of KOJIMA!!!"

"Kojima and Sakurai are FRIENDS. Do you really think that Sakurai would reward Konami by letting their character return to Smash? Sorry for all you Snake fans but Snake as a snowball's chance in Hell to make it back into Smash.

Meaning that the true winner of Etika's poll is none other than the Half-Genie Hero, Shantae."

"Except Nintendo will never fire someone on the level that Konami did. Sorry dude but your delusion are out of this universe. Snake isn't coming back. Konami won't allow it since they want NOTHING to do with Kojima(friends included). You can say what you want. You can say it's a good business move but Nintendo has always been a company that rewards loyalty and honesty from their developers/consumers.

Snake won't make it back. Their could be billion votes but Sakurai is loyal to his friends and his own ideals then money. Snake will never be in Smash ever again. Take care ClockTown resident."

The mindset of these guys is fascinating and somewhat scary to see at work when they get so worked up to keep out a character people want. Theres a few characters i dont really want in, but i would never get to the point to flat out insult people.

EDIT: The spoiler tags got messed up so its good now

------
Glad the snake fanbase has remained relatively un-polluted

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Im enjoying the salt im seeing from everyone whos watching etika's poll and seeing snake dominate. Especially gamefaqs who have a few people who just cant understand why snake would win, or why sakurai would go against "their rules" for choosing characters. As usual many snake detractors (and most of the smash fanbase) end up speaking in sith absolutes like those points they made up mean anything, hilarious.....I really have become a demon lol

Either way when stuff like this below is still happening, we need some closure soon to silence it.

Did you guys once again forget that the reason WHY Snake was in Brawl in the first place is because of KOJIMA!!!

"Kojima and Sakurai are FRIENDS. Do you really think that Sakurai would reward Konami by letting their character return to Smash? Sorry for all you Snake fans but Snake as a snowball's chance in Hell to make it back into Smash.

Meaning that the true winner of Etika's poll is none other than the Half-Genie Hero, Shantae."
"Except Nintendo will never fire someone on the level that Konami did. Sorry dude but your delusion are out of this universe. Snake isn't coming back. Konami won't allow it since they want NOTHING to do with Kojima(friends included). You can say what you want. You can say it's a good business move but Nintendo has always been a company that rewards loyalty and honesty from their developers/consumers.

Snake won't make it back. Their could be billion votes but Sakurai is loyal to his friends and his own ideals then money. Snake will never be in Smash ever again. Take care ClockTown resident."

The mindset of these guys is fascinating and somewhat scary to see at work when they get so worked up to keep out a character people want. Theres a few characters i dont really want in, but i would never get to the point to flat out insult people.

------
I'm just hoping they don't make up most of the demographic

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Off topic, but during the Screaming Mantis fight, does using the Syringe during the fight prevent you from getting the Wolf code name, even when your psyche is depleted?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Did you guys once again forget that the reason WHY Snake was in Brawl in the first place is because of KOJIMA!!!

------
It's funny that guy brings up shantae. I don't even get what makes her so likely that everyone always lists her as their predictions for DLC.

Top Bottom