• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
3 characters be Snake, Ice Climbers (or Ivysaur), and Wolf. Just to get them out of he way, then they include the actual ballot characters later.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
The most epic moment of Smash Bros history!
It's showtime!
Now it's the DAY 0, the final day!
Hopefully Sakurai didn't forgot the hypest train of Brawl

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well....

It's been a good run folks.

Whether it ends now or at the end.

This is the day.

It's odd I'm getting emotional about this.

I guess it isn't Smash per say.

It's not even a character.

It's getting excited and having fun with people.

I hope Snake doesn't keep us waiting.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Snake's mission better be a success, we've lent a lot of support to him.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's been one hell of a ride, gentlemen!

Hopefully I'll holla back at y'all on the Snake social thread with a new mission.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Umm... why can we still vote? Is there a timezone difference or something?

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Umm... why can we still vote? Is there a timezone difference or something?
Yeah. I think the ballot officially ends at 12pm Japan time, and if my Google is correct, the ballot ends in 46 minutes from this post.

EDIT: Votes are still up, and it's October 4th in Japan.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm guessing nothing will be shown at the end due to us getting an update this week.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping for at least a small update from Sakurai about the ballot. Even simply a paragraph thanking voters would be fine, and it would make the wait a slight bit better then just anticlimactically shutting down the voting page.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm hoping for at least a small update from Sakurai about the ballot. Even simply a paragraph thanking voters would be fine, and it would make the wait a slight bit better then just anticlimactically shutting down the voting page.
I'd like that too. It's unreasonable to expect another update right now though, as we just had one. I'm thinking we'll get new DLC in about a month or so.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't care if he comes out a whole year from now, I just want confirmation that he's for sure coming at some point in time. The not knowing is killing me.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
*codec call*

Snake: "This is Snake"

Fans: "Snake, we have fought feverishly for your re-induction to Smash. Today is the day where the submissions for it end. We just wanted to say, you are a part of Smash history by introducing the concept of 3rd party characters being inducted, because of you. Snake, we want to say thank you for what you have contributed to Smash history. We salute you, Snake."

Snake: "....K-"

*codec call's off*

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I don't care if he comes out a whole year from now, I just want confirmation that he's for sure coming at some point in time. The not knowing is killing me.
*CQC HUG*

Its over, time for you to put aside the gun, and live my son. Its out of our hands now

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Snake so many times. I really only voted for him and Ice Climbers. I even voted for him on vacation in a different country. And right now, I'm submitting my final vote for Snake (I voted for him so many times through this IP that I can no longer submit anything, ha ha). Here's my cheesy and poorly reasoned ballot entry:
snakeballot.PNG

I really should have found a way to say that it would be "such a thrill" to have him back, but I wasn't even sure if this vote would go through. I should have mentioned other Metal Gear Nintendo games, like Ghost Babel, Twin Snakes, even the crappy non-canon NES games, but I haven't played any of them. Oh well. One final hurrah for the greatest spy and booty to ever crash into Smash.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Added another vote for Snake through my school, and successfully incorporated the Snake Eater theme song (in addition to bringing up all his Nintendo games and even more possible new moves). The brief anti-Snake sentiment in the DLC thread inspired me, let's put it that way.

To people who know about the metagame: Is there any value in having a shield that can move, but sacrifices the roll action? Some people suggested the cardboard box replacing Snake's shield. Being that he can move around in the cardboard box in his games, it would make sense that he can do that in Smash. But it would limit his roll option, since... well, you run out of directional inputs. As a mere casual player, I would at least find it amusing (and I already main a character with a weird shield), but I know this sort of stuff matters significantly in the metagame and was curious as to whether it would hurt Snake as a character.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
For some reason, I have absolute faith in his return. I wasn't confident at all yesterday, but now... I feel like he's back in. Is that weird?
Kinda same here. I wasn't very confident either. But now I got that feeling that he'll be a surprise. Like the next Roy, who not many people thought would return, but boom he came back.
We just have to wait, and being snake fans, we have some good experience with that.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Added another vote for Snake through my school, and successfully incorporated the Snake Eater theme song (in addition to bringing up all his Nintendo games and even more possible new moves). The brief anti-Snake sentiment in the DLC thread inspired me, let's put it that way.

To people who know about the metagame: Is there any value in having a shield that can move, but sacrifices the roll action? Some people suggested the cardboard box replacing Snake's shield. Being that he can move around in the cardboard box in his games, it would make sense that he can do that in Smash. But it would limit his roll option, since... well, you run out of directional inputs. As a mere casual player, I would at least find it amusing (and I already main a character with a weird shield), but I know this sort of stuff matters significantly in the metagame and was curious as to whether it would hurt Snake as a character.
As someone who DESPISES rolling in this game, I'd actually love this, holy crap. It would make him so much more interesting! Plus, it kinda reinforces the idea of setting up traps and not letting people in.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think Snake's chances are Zero, even with Konami's business suicide. IF Nintendo plays their cards with the "it's basically free money for you, we do all the work" reasoning they may get it.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I'm not particularly hopeful but it's nice to see more people (at least from my perspective) are giving Snake a fairer shake lately.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I can really feel the passion for Snake right now. We're not just voting for a Smash Bros fighter, but we're voting for the character and what he represents. I feel like what makes Snake stand out so much in Smash isn't that he's "too realistic" or "too violent", but it's the themes he brings from his games. Snake represents a different, unique sense of maturity in the Smash roster, but he is still a quirky and fun character from a series that is both hilariously ridiculous and sophistically refined. In my admittedly biased opinion, Snake's presence truly fleshes out Smash roster

The end goal may be near, and things may seem a bit uncertain, but as long as we have "loyalty to the end", there's no point in giving up hope. The only thing we can believe in with absolute certainty is the mission. :snake:

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Today is the deadline for the Smash Brothers Ballot, which is mentioned on the website: https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
Untitled.png

It is unlikely that a character will be announced this soon, so I suggest nobody holds their breath for any announcement soon; however, I would be pleasantly surprised if someone was announced.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
There is still time to vote guys. So be sure to vote now before it's too late. This thread will most likely become a Social Thread if Snake get in. IT'S TIME TO GET HIM OUT OF RETIREMENT! VOTE FOR HIM NOW!

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Oh boy, it's about to be over. The smash ballot will be no more. To be honest, i'm not sure what will end up happening. People have low expectations for a lot of characters, so no one really knows who will be chosen. One thing is for sure though: Snake will always be my top choice for being chosen. If he doesn't get in, I won't be bothered by it, but I'll surely miss his inclusion with what he brought. Hopefully nothing holds him back!

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Many of you people don't know me and I barely know you. I've been waiting for Snake since SSB4 first got announced... many days passed by, every character got revealed and I asked myself why wouldn't Snake be back this time? Why would my main be so brutally cut from the roster? I just couldn't believe it! But then the smash ballot got announced. I then realized that there was a reason why I couldn't believe it. Snake still had a chance. I voted for Snake, nobody else, because if Snake gets in I don't really care who the rest are. I find it really weird how we have a roster of 55 characters and yet none of them can replace Snake. Sure I can play as most of my secondaries now and still be good at the game. But there is NOTHING that can replace Snake. I have noticed that Snake has always been in the top 5 of most polls (both in the US and Japan) or even first in some circumstances. That, and both Konami and Kojima would gladly hand over the rights to do it. For that reason Snake has to be a DLC. If he is not, I will not spend another penny on a Smash Bros full of For Glory spam, and Indies. In all reality the reason why we don't see Snake taking the lead every time is because we are too logical, too reserved, and we keep our mouths shut too often. But in reality we are all hiding in our boxes and stealthily taking the lead.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I have noticed that Snake has always been in the top 5 of most polls (both in the US and Japan) or even first in some circumstances. That, and both Konami and Kojima would gladly hand over the rights to do it. For that reason Snake has to be a DLC. If he is not, I will not spend another penny on a Smash Bros full of For Glory spam, and Indies. In all reality the reason why we don't see Snake taking the lead every time is because we are too logical, too reserved, and we keep our mouths shut too often. But in reality we are all hiding in our boxes and stealthily taking the lead.
Yeah it's kind of funny how many votes Snake pulls given how relatively quiet his supporters are. Until recently most discussion about him on other forums seemed to be people taking a dump on him, in direct contrast to how popular polls show him to be. If they don't add Snake they really must address why they didn't and they better have a good reason. Can't say I wouldn't enjoy some of the angry reactions from some people if he does come back.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There's still time to vote. Tell your friends!

We've officially reached 300 followers on Twitter. It isn't a lot. But that doesn't mean that it's a small fanbase. The Snake for Smash fanbase is a strong one, and we've defended Snake and Metal Gear from a large portion of the Smash fanbase. Snake gets a lot of flack from people who don't understand him or the series, and who also don't care to.

Today is the last day to vote, and I am confident that Snake will end up in the Top 5 of the Ballot. He'll place #2 for Smash veterans, anywhere from 4-6 overall, and #1 for 3rd Party characters. That HAS to mean something.

Sakurai is not a fan of cutting characters. He knows people love Smash and the characters in it. I don't think he would have added Snake simply to cut him with his own will. I deeply believe that our efforts (as well as the many who aren't on this site) will at least prove in some way that Snake left a footprint on Smash. People want him back.

I know there's a supposed leak out there saying Bomberman is to take Snake's spot. However, that's literally not how Sakurai rolls. He wouldn't replace Snake with Bomberman. People want Snake because they want to play as Snake, not a "Konami Rep".

No matter what, after today it's out of our hands. I am proud of this fanbase for the passion we've displayed. I wish I could have done more on Twitter (I will admit, I was pretty lacking there. I apologize), but we've definitely made an impression.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
You guys need to hurry up to get as many votes as possible! We need to show Sakurai that Snake will always be in Smash Bros forever and that we need him as DLC. I'am pretty sure that he will choose him as one of the ballot characters because he choose the characters that fit and had the moves for Smash Bros. It will take time to decide, so we will had to wait for his return.

Here is some music to make you feel comfortable:

Show your support guys! We will get him back soon! :snake:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well,keep up the optimism guys.
I'm still worried about that bomberman leak though.
Seems like a nice list of characters, but it's got two good things going for it. The fact it has three characters and pirate ship. I like bomberman so I don't know. I just want snake....

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
I've promoted Snake with the Snake Tournament and now with a Picture and the link for vote Snake.
First with the Tournament (one and midi week before) I've wachted a normal to good reaction in various Smash groups on Facebook, only one group (from the same city that I live) responded some aggresive because they want more indies and news and not Snake (similar to Roy before DLC) with misinformation about the Kojima case and more close to outside info as Twitter, Smashboards (only they see the Tiers) and Reddit.

And since yesterday I put the link with a good picture of Snake amiibo that I found on Twiter.
Amiibo.jpg

People on Spanish and English Smash groups liked a lot the posts (up to 70 likes per post) and I'm sure that new people are voting Snake right now, with a good reception and wanting his return. I don't believe that the Etika's polls results are a coincidence.

EDIT: If we don't have results of the Ballot, we could consider seriously send a mail to Nintendo, SORA, Namco or Konami about the Snake potential as DLC and how the Smash fanbase want him back. Until they finish DLC production we have a chance for the return of Snake, keep believing.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Did the smash ballot always have that disclaimer below about showing people's votes via the Internet? I don't remember that being there before

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
F Fire Rider I doubt sending a email to anyone will do much good. They will most likely ignore it. I doubt they would even look at it and they couldn't say anything about it anyway due to they contract they have to sign.

is Snake still leading Etika's Poll?

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
F Fire Rider I doubt sending a email to anyone will do much good. They will most likely ignore it. I doubt they would even look at it and they couldn't say anything about it anyway due to they contract they have to sign.

is Snake still leading Etika's Poll?
Yeah

Snake 5642 votes
Shantae 4915 votes
Shovel 4883 votes
Banjo 4023 votes
Wolf 3457 votes
King K Rool 2867 votes

Top Bottom