• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress The Smash Brothers: Armada - Production Thread

samox

Smash Journeyman
Yes! It's that time. Time to pull up our socks and kick it into gear!

Time to start producing the next big smashtravaganza:

The Smash Brothers: Armada (NOTE: this is a working title. The final project, as I have mentioned, actually is a stand alone film and has nothing to do with TSB. However, as I have taken to calling it TSB:A, I will continue to do so until I announce the official title. You have been warned!).

This is the official thread for the project and will be the FIRST PLACE ANYTHING IS POSTED. Check here first for YouTube production updates.

You're invited to engage in (respectful) discussion about any subject that surrounds the film here. I will try to get to responses asap, as my schedule allows.

For specific production tasks and requests, see the temporary film subreddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/thesmashbrosmovie/

MORE...
TO...
COME...

samox

Smash Journeyman
LOL PP. You were the first to post in the original TSB thread. You are a freaking ninja.

Looking forward to our interviews. :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Looks awesome and I'm sure you will deliver quality once again :).

Edit: If there is anything you need help with smashboards related lemme know :D.

Last edited:

Brian_Buckley

Smash Rookie
NNID
BrianBuckley
I like the idea of these monthly updates to keep us up on things. Also I see you're crowdsourcing some of the research parts of the job which I think could help a lot.

casek

Smash Rookie
NNID
coffeepunk
3DS FC
4854-6674-0412
Yes! Super stoked to hear about it moving along. I got the random itch to rewatch some of the remastered episodes of the documentary last night with Smash 4 on the horizon.

Swann

Smash Journeyman
This made my day to see a new production update. Happy to see and hear how you're making strides and leveraging the things you learned from TSB on this project.

Also, really interested in details on that collaboration project with Razer. Good stuff!

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
I just saw Sammox filming M2K and Armada after Armada's amazing 2v1 comeback in Winner's Semis. I can't wait to see this again on film!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Can't wait to see all The Big House 4 footage when it eventually makes it in to this! Thanks for coming to the tourney, Travis!

samox

Smash Journeyman
Man o man o man. Big House was so epic, you have NO IDEA. Unless you watched it or were there, in which case you do have some idea.

I can't wait to share some of the sweeter moments - perhaps a little sneak peak in an update soon.

Getting ready for Justice 4! LET THE GOOD TIMES ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

EDIT:

If anyone in Boston is going to Justice 4 this weekend and has space for me, hit me up. I crave more footage!

I'll help with gas and food.

Also, if you shot any great footage you think I might dig for the doc, let me know. I have a big drop box you can add it to! :)

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I cannot wait!
This is going to be great!

Last edited:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Posting for the memories! But seriously though, I can't wait for this. I loved the documentary, it showed me that anyone could play Smash. I was considering competitive Smash a bit before watching it, but the documentary basically sealed the deal. Good luck!

Jmanthedragonguy

Smash Rookie
This is going to be sick. I hope Armada can win one of the big events before this comes out, so it'll have a more complete ending ^^

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
If this is to be a full length "movie", what all will it cover? Why is it being developed as apart from the already fantastic TSB series?

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
Many felt like Armada wasn't portrayed enough in the documentary. The smash doc was epic, and any addition to it by sammox will only be as epic.

samox

Smash Journeyman
Update from the road! - http://youtu.be/1nKkUZ_pbdI

Btw - I was at Dreamhack and I have to say, melee could do very, very well there. If there's any current tournaments that should and could add it easily, it's Dreamhack.

LeadRod

Smash Apprentice
NNID
420B-LAZE-IT!!
Update from the road! - http://youtu.be/1nKkUZ_pbdI

Btw - I was at Dreamhack and I have to say, melee could do very, very well there. If there's any current tournaments that should and could add it easily, it's Dreamhack.
Hey Samox! If you don't already have soundtrack entirely laid out I found an artist on YouTube who I think would fit well (his styles kinda along the lines of the intro from TSB). He's already been featured on the game One Finger Death Punch and I think would be perfect if you are looking for a song with a similar feel to TSB. Here's the link to his Chinese Dance Machine Album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRlkXopMt74 - Track 3 in particular.

His name's F-777.

Hope production is going well! Totally stoked!

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
Hey, Samox.
I met you at BEAUTY and just thought I'd give you a heads up. We Swedes speak quite tasteful English, but our native vocabulary is rude-nasty. All material from BEAUTY you got and plan to use should probably be checked by a Swede if you want to keep it suitable for a human audience. Especially since this is going to hit hard in Sweden.
Love your work

Top Bottom