• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The [Shocking] Official R.O.B. Video Critique Thread

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Hey guys, I just picked up R.O.B. a few days ago, and it desperately needs help, but he is alot of fun to play. Here I am playing my brother, we both aren't all that good and I would like some help please? A general overview would be nice.

Game 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MpYRt8F9g4
Game 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRWWtsxbSFk

The quality isn't the greatest, things are a little blurry because the camera couldn't focus well, but you can definantely watch it.

Thanks in advance guys, I hope to get some valuable critique :D
-JJ

Landry

Smash Ace
Use more tilts, especially utilit. Don't use fsmash so much, go with dsmash. It's your bread and butter, and it comes out in 4 frames. When your opponent gets above 90ish% abuse short hop nair, which should be your main kill move. When being ledgeguarded do a ledge jump and bair, the hitbox will extend to you head and get you grounded again.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Also, walking and Fsmashing isn't a viable approach. Mix in some aerials to approach rather than walking up and either Fsmashing or Spotdodge > Fsmash.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I haven't seen the second match yet.

I felt like your ROB was glued to the ground or something. Jump around a bit, mix up the projectiles in the air too. There was too much dashing to point A>action>dashing to point B>action, etc. Try to work in more tilts and aerials but it's a nice start for a few days with ROB
When being ledgeguarded do a ledge jump and bair, the hitbox will extend to you head and get you grounded again.
True, but no thanks, meet shieldgrab. I used to do this on occasion, but meh, it's just not good =(. It's one of the 7 deadly sins I commit in the following video. Silly FBair XD (though I think it worked once when I did it to spot-dodge>shield>grab)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNmB0tachS4
^What NOT to do if you want an easy game. Can you spot all the mistakes?

Edit: actually, I get it to work nicely here lol. I've been shieldgrabbed a lot after it though, so I really wouldn't advise it more than anything else

Deadweight

Smash Ace
:3
Mistake 1: Fighting offstage vs MK
Submistake a: Attempting to fair out of Up-b lag in range of shuttle loop
Submistake b: Attempting to approach from off stage with Nair
Submistake c: Trying to get MK off the ledge with fairs (Bad juju)
Mistake 2: GT -> Dash attack just to get spot dodge dsmashed
Mistake 3: Staying on platforms to charge gyros
Mistake 4: Trying to punish tornado lag w/ anything other than projectiles.
Mistake 5: Trying to B-air Tornado (Multiple Fails)
Mistake 6: not being the pink rob
Mistake 7: playing on battlefield.

Did i do good?

Mag!c

Smash Apprentice
Could I please get a general overview of the following three matches? I finally managed to get some recording done with a friend (Blood) today, who has a fairly good Luc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaOf6FzadDo&feature=channel
This was one of the more straightforward matches, I think, with less errors and tricks that wouldn't work in real competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxqlwkIwW70&feature=channel
This was a pretty good match. Predicted D-Airs won't happen in real competition, but it was still pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Zowt024ZQ&feature=channel
Epic comeback, but it was probably full of delicious error if I needed a comeback to begin with.

PS- :( I am pretty bad, or so I think.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Could I please get a general overview of the following three matches? I finally managed to get some recording done with a friend (Blood) today, who has a fairly good Luc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaOf6FzadDo&feature=channel
This was one of the more straightforward matches, I think, with less errors and tricks that wouldn't work in real competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxqlwkIwW70&feature=channel
This was a pretty good match. Predicted D-Airs won't happen in real competition, but it was still pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Zowt024ZQ&feature=channel
Epic comeback, but it was probably full of delicious error if I needed a comeback to begin with.

PS- :( I am pretty bad, or so I think.

Match 1
You started off playing the matchup exceptionally well. It was obvious he wanted to try to camp you, and you did an adequate job of counter-camping him and forcing him to approach. Once he began to approach, you should have used your tilts more often as a means to keep him at bay. Some could complain about the flubbed gimp attempt at 1:27, but it was the first of the match and if you were doing it to gauge his responses to off-stage pressure, that's fine.

On your second stock, once you got past 130% you should have switched into uber defense mode to rack up whatever damage you could. You attempted to follow through off of your F-airs, which would normally be a-ok if you were at lower percentages. Had you pulled back a bit, you could have brought him to 110 or 120, which could have netted you an almost immediate kill off your respawn. But, you handled it well by being patient on respawn.

Another general tip, you should exercise your up+b, ledge regrabs (& free jumps and such) to be more creative with your get-up-off-the-ledge attacks. Don't be afraid to slow it down a bit, take your time. Shoot lasers, gyros, use your U-air, and retreat your F-airs from a ledgehop.

Finally, I would have liked to have seen more glide tosses. Tossing up is a good way to attack Lucario from below safely, and tossing forward/gliding back while mixing in laser and such is a good retreat. Plus, GT'ing makes your ROB faster along the ground. Mix in more grabs, and tilts.

Overall, a good, solid match. A little rough around the edges, but good stuff.

MATCH 2
I really don't have anything bad to say about the first stock of this match. Clean and efficient. Maybe cut down on the D-smashes a smidge, as I can forsee 2-3 in a row like that getting punished more often than not.

Early on in the second stock you got D-aired for no other reason than a mental error. You could have continued to fall and throw the gyro up, and you wouldn't have been D-aired. Second stock, I would have liked to seen a little more defensive play. You did try to slow things down, but it was a smidge on the sloppy side. You could have extended your lead by a good 30-40% again ensuring an early kill next stock if you played your cards right.

Very nice kill on your second stock. Had I been the lucario, I wouldn't have up+b at all there, seeing as how the stage was changing. He could have dropped down a bit further and curved the up+b back up and around. BUT, you took advantage of the situation that was presented. Good stuff.

At 2:35, he was ripe for the pseudo d-tilt lock that could have netted you a very, very large percent lead that could have been finished with an N-air or F-smash ftw. I would have been a bit more patient on his last stock, as he was only maybe 30-40% away from kill range at most. You could have netted that through more camping and tilt usage. You ate too much damage attempting to go for the B-air.

Overall, pretty good match. I like how you save your B- and N-airs. Its a good habit to get into.

MATCH 3
I would have liked to (again) see more creativity when attempting to recover from the ledge. It takes a bit of getting used to, but he racked up an inordinate amount of damage because of your reliance on the "standard" ledge tactics available to any character. The loss of your second stock was the result of poor DI, but- everyone can slip up every now and then. You also started to spam your N- and B-airs in a desperate attempt for a KO, which the Lucario noticed and avoided quite well for the most part. In general, Lucario lived WAAAY too long. Anything past 150 and he should be D-E-A-D.

You played much better on your last stock, but during those periods where you both sat in your shield, IMO, a grab would have been better as a throw could have set up for an edgeguard opportunity.

OVERALL:

A pretty solid "basic" ROB. You seem to have a firm grasp of the character's fundamentals and the like. Mix in some gyro cancels, reverse gyro cancels, B-air trixies, glide-tossing and the like in order to make your ROB "trickier" and faster, and add variety to your game and you'll do really well!

Hope that helps!

Mag!c

Smash Apprentice
It really did, thanks Razer! I kind of realize now that I (and while over the matches) was not mixing it up too well, and I got relatively impatient. Should I adjust my play into a sort of turtle mode when I'm at a high percent to camp more? I'll work on what you suggest.

(PS- I still love your car analogy. D'awww)

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Well, you don't want to be a complete turtle and run away anytime something comes close. Rack up additional percentages through projectiles, and *intelligently* use your tilts to keep them at bay. I say intelligently, because after one or two "automatic" tilts, they'll expect it and will catch you in your ending lag for a KO. Of course, by that time you've probably tacked on additional damage... but, more is better. In short, administer a stronger/more frequent projectile/poking game.

If they approach from your eleven/two o'clock (above the range of F-smash and up angled F-tilt, but below U-tilt range) get out of there, or shield. And, "getting out" doesn't always mean rolling away, or rolling in general. A short foxtrot away, or a spot-dodge... or, whatever fits the situation will work.

Whenever they have a lead (especially in stocks) they *want* you to get impatient and careless, as one mistake = free KO. Remaining patient makes them play your game, slows the tempo down to something YOU want, keeps you relatively safe, chips away at their percentage lead.

The important thing, or rather- what helps me is to not look at a percent hole in its entirety. Rather, break it down to manageable chunks:

Say you're down... 80% That's 8 chunks of 10% each.

Then, think of what "safe" moves you have that chip away at those 10% chunks
Laser =a%
Gyro= y%
F-tilt= b%
D-tilt= c%
Throws= t,u,v,w%s
Grab =m%

Internalize these percentages. Concentrate on chipping away at those chunks using your safe moods. Play safely (though not SOO safe you limit yourself)

Most of these, even when decayed will do in the neighborhood of 7-15% allowing you to erase an entire chunk at a time for the most part, and sometimes 1.5 or even 2.

At higher percents, this becomes even more important. I say to myself: "This stock should be gone. I should be dead already. I'm playing on borrowed time... so, make the most of it". It helps keep *me* calm. If you've done practically all you can, then there's nothing wrong with going on an N-air or B-air spam parade if you're at like... 180% and even a jab would kill you.

Mag!c

Smash Apprentice
Ok, and what applicable uses are there for all the ATs you mentioned (bar Glide Tossing, since that one is kinda obvious). I'm practically taking notes right now, haha.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Gyro cancel:
Basically, you have the animation of pulling out your gyro to charge it, but its canceled almost immediately (by pressing Z or L/R- it cancels without the airdodge animation and such), allowing you do do any move afterward. By itself, it can be used to draw a shield from your opponent:

ROB runs in, jumps up, gyro, opponent shields, gyro cancel, land into a buffered grab while they are shielding.

Of course there are other applications. Like, if they are offstage and you have an almost fully charged gyro, you can jump (remaining on stage) and cancel it which can draw an airdodge which allows you to full-charge laser KO them. If you want to jump offstage, you can do it and bait an airdodge and then F-air, N-air, or B-air for a KO

As you know, you can turn-around into a gyro charge/shot. Therefore, you can do the same with a gyro-cancel. Turning around and canceling the charge serves several purposes. You can use it to quickly change your direction when recovering to conserve fuel and utilize B-air recoveries. You can use it to create a pseudo-rar'd B-air. Or, you can run away->opponent follows you->turn-around gyrocancel into a retreating F-air.

There's a ton more- but, those are the ones I thought of off the top of my head.

Up+B trixies (meant to say up+B in my original post, my fault)
You can change the momentum/direction really fast with up+b as you know. You can use that while recovering to your advantage to stall offstage, to re-situate your orientation, and to generally throw off the opponent. You can use it on the ground as well; with TJ off and no special mapping of teh controller, you can up+b and rotate your control stick as you do so which results in a sudden change of momentum and change of direction. With TJ on, or a special mapping of your controller you can turn around up+ from the ground.

Applications for the former: retreat and instantly come back with an aerial, or you can retreat to the edge and then reverse momentum to go back OVER the opponent.

Applications for the latter: Following up some tilts/smashes/etc without having to RAR a B-air, or pursue 'on foot' an inordinate amount of time, etc. Edgeguarding as it allows you to run off, and almost immediately B-air.

lord karn

Smash Master
These are from a tournament last weekend.

Winners Bracket:

Karn (ROB) vs Duo (Fox) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64_kCkKUkow&feature=channel_page

Karn (ROB) vs Duo (Fox) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1KgBSMmS9U&feature=channel_page

Third match was snake vs meta and he won with about as much of a comeback I got first match.

Losers Finals:

Karn (ROB) vs Shady (Snake) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ORSuyOrug&feature=channel_page

Karn (ROB) vs Shady (Snake) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ORSuyOrug

third match was not uploaded but I three stocked his ddd on delfino (he doesn't play ddd)

Grand Finals:

Karn (ROB) vs Dr. Peepee (Marth) 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQqXLrCgyeo

Karn (ROB) vs Dr. Peepee (Marth) 2 (sexy match)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH1nRBj6pEk

Karn (ROB) vs. Dr. Peepee (Marth) 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJA5CrXKjL8

Fourth match I went snake and barely lost.

I'll edit in the rest of my matches vs Shady as they get uploaded. I'll also upload the two matches of Grand Finals I played ROB in when they get up.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
A couple of thoughts:
1. You have this weird thing where you do random pivot grabs as your running away... It's good if they are following you, and in moderation. But in the matches vs the fox you did it almost every time you ran away.
It leaves you really vulnerable to laser spam (against fox) if they dont end up chasing you. Only try pivot grabs if your opponent is chasing you.

Vs Snake:
At one point you had grabbed the snake out of his cypher.. and threw him. This is bad juju. Just let him break out (Dont pummel) and make him c4 him self for free dmg.
Also at one point you tried to Spike him (and failed) when a b-air possibly even f-air would of killed him easy.

lord karn

Smash Master
A couple of thoughts:
1. You have this weird thing where you do random pivot grabs as your running away... It's good if they are following you, and in moderation. But in the matches vs the fox you did it almost every time you ran away.
It leaves you really vulnerable to laser spam (against fox) if they dont end up chasing you. Only try pivot grabs if your opponent is chasing you.

Vs Snake:
At one point you had grabbed the snake out of his cypher.. and threw him. This is bad juju. Just let him break out (Dont pummel) and make him c4 him self for free dmg.
Also at one point you tried to Spike him (and failed) when a b-air possibly even f-air would of killed him easy.

Yeah, I pivot grabbed way too much in those matches vs fox. I don't really know why I did it, except maybe it worked really well vs him last time.

As for snake, I think when I threw him out of the grab, it was because I grabbed him and his feet were touching the ground. Will snake still not be able to upb even if his being grabbed over the stage?

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Vs Marth:
Ftilt outranges everything besides shieldbreaker, you need to abuse this more often.
Never spotdodge, or else you'll eat Dancing Blade
Spacing in general is really important in this MU. Tipper fsmash kills ROB really really early, but the tipper fmash distance is a bit closer than where Marths normally like to sit at.
Know that Marths are pretty much built for punishing, so try not go high risk high reward in this MU, like spikes (though that stage spike was nice, but lucky), SH fair as an approach, random dair at 1:55 (which, even if it hit, wouldn't have done much), etc.

I still do pretty poorly in this MU, but I thought I'd just throw out some random thoughts on your match. Hope it helped.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Lol you can't abuse Ftilt against Marth...he just has to jump. Then he gets a free fair. It's not really that good of a move against him.

Spotdodging works if you know they're about to attack you...but meh.

Roll behind Marth if he does an approaching SH Fair. That works well.

Don't approach with SH Fair. It won't work. His Fair beats ours always.

Marth is a ***** of a matchup. I try to play safe with Bair but then I run out of stage. I'm still thinking about what to do, until I figure it out I'm just gonna go MK.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Lol you can't abuse Ftilt against Marth...he just has to jump. Then he gets a free fair. It's not really that good of a move against him.
While this is true, you should be able to time it that it can hit before he actually leaves the ground & can f-air. Its a bit sticky though. It seems Marths like walking a bit more than other chars in order to set up for f-smashes and the like, and catching them during their walk with an F-tilt will work. I don't believe anyone thinks a "walking f-tilt over and over" will work all the time, as it clearly won't. But, catching a F-tilt before he can really get off the ground and F-air is not impossibl.

Spotdodging works if you know they're about to attack you...but meh.
I agree.

Roll behind Marth if he does an approaching SH Fair. That works well.
Until the Marth realizes that he can change the extremity of his drift and B-air you.

Don't approach with SH Fair. It won't work. His Fair beats ours always.
I agree mostly with sentence 1. And, ours beats his if we are slightly below/diagnal (his 7 o'clock) & I know it beats his from that position if we started ours first.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Using Ftilt against Marth is altogether too risky. I could've said "Ftilt works if you know they won't jump...but meh" like I did for spotdodging, but it's pretty silly.

I only said to roll behind Marth if he does an approaching Fair. While mobile, he's not Melee Jiggs; you won't be punished for it if he's approaching with the Fair.

And I was also aware our Fair wins if we start it fast enough...but he just has to retreating Fair and his sword goes through our fair and hits us anyway. It's something we're not used to @.@

Edit: Outside of Wifi, most Marths don't like Fsmashing too much. It's usually saved for killing and is very punishable you miss. You don't see the "Walk back and Fsmash" too much.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Using Ftilt against Marth is altogether too risky. I could've said "Ftilt works if you know they won't jump...but meh" like I did for spotdodging, but it's pretty silly.

I only said to roll behind Marth if he does an approaching Fair. While mobile, he's not Melee Jiggs; you won't be punished for it if he's approaching with the Fair.
He doesn't have to be that mobile. If Marth is running forward on FD, he can short hop an F-air at the edge of the center "diamond", and drift back as far back to the point where his front foot it touching the "point" of the ">" sign closest to the edge. That's enough to catch you with a second F-air out of your roll.

If he chooses not to drift back, he can B-air immediately after the F-air, from the same position, with the tip of his sword being roughly even with the inside of the ">" sign closest to the center of the stage, which, again, is enough to punish a roll behind.

And I was also aware our Fair wins if we start it fast enough...but he just has to retreating Fair and his sword goes through our fair and hits us anyway. It's something we're not used to @.@
The "starting it early" applies only if you are parallell. You shouldn't be challenging Marth in the air on a a prallell with anything other than B-air, imo. If you are at his 7 o'clock, both characters airborne, I am almost positive that ours will hit him before his hits us, due to the positioning. If someone can fuggz with that and let me know, that'd be swell.

Edit: Outside of Wifi, most Marths don't like Fsmashing too much. It's usually saved for killing and is very punishable you miss. You don't see the "Walk back and Fsmash" too much.
And, at no point in my post did I insinuate that the F-smash would come frequently/it would be spammed. I simply pointed out that Marths take advantage of the control that "walking" gives them in terms of their zoning and spacing, and simply walking out of range of a move, and turning around and F-smashing/running grab/whatever is a possibility, as Marths are generally used to have a *clear* range advantage on the ground. By realizing this, you can force their hand, and use your F-tilt to outrange them. I've seen MikeHaze do it several times, though his is mostly that nifty little "turn-around-pivot-walk", and at low percents as well.

Edit: Though, if you see them walking back & don't want to risk getting hit yourself/mis-timing, just do the same and laser/shoot gyro in their cool down. But, honeslty, I don't see how a move that can effectively shut down nearly *all* of a character's ground game isn't something that you want to use when the opportunity presents iself.

lord karn

Smash Master
I posted the rest of the videos in my last post. The second match vs peepee is awesome.

Thanks for the advice!

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Where would you get the idea Marth is going to jump over ROB's FTilt? Maybe if he's psychic... If he does that doofy SH FAir spam that works so wonderfully on shorter-ranged characters, you can punch him in the face with an uptilted FTilt either between FAirs or during his landing lag. It's a brick wall to Marth's most common spacing mechanism. The sooner he figures it out, the sooner the real match begins.

~~Ari~~

Smash Apprentice
Hello fellow ROB mainers,

I was just wandering about and thought I could use some critique on my ROB. Its the only ROB video I have as of yet so it's not exactly my best showing, but I wouldn't mind a general overview of my playstyle. I already know I should space better and use more glide toss, but feel free to point out any specific tactics that I should have done as well.

WiFi Match:
ROB (Mishi) V Peach (Kirin) - btw that wasn't a Peach mainer, just a friendly match.

Thx to anyone willing to impart some advice :)

EDIT:
Guess the ROB boards aren't as all knowing as I thought, thx anyway :/

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
you been dun dere steelin' my colors dere son.

By the way, I see you like to R/L pick up nanners/gyros, use Z to pick them up, you can react much faster afterwards.

jt!!!

Smash Rookie
thanks i have tried it but ya.... still getting dominated. he is my main rival here in abq. ty for advice any other stuff that looks like it needs improving?

jt!!!

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow ROB mainers,

WiFi Match:
ROB (Mishi) V Peach (Kirin) - btw that wasn't a Peach mainer, just a friendly match.

Thx to anyone willing to impart some advice :)

EDIT:
Guess the ROB boards aren't as all knowing as I thought, thx anyway :/
Personally, it looks like you do too much rolling, and even tho this peach didn't punish it could be by better players. I think you use the laser okay. Your also right practice glide toss-->dsmash. Finally, focus on recovering from below the stage your much safer here. ROB gets ***** from underneath. those things should improve your game a lot. oh and don't upsmash unless you glide toss or to edge guard cause its really laggy.
Thats my input my vids are right below you and i feel like im a fairly good rob (correct me if im wrong).

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
ROB's not the kind of character that you can learn new stuff with really, you know? All you can do with ROB is learn the few AT's he has, and from there it's learning your character as a character. Learn the uses of every move, all the general brawl ATs, and how to read your opponent. Not much stuff to learn with ROB.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
@ Ari

I didn't see hardly *any* f-tilts... which is not a good thing. Granted, the peach didn't utilize a lot of floating trixies/approaches, but even still, the F-tilt is a great way to keep her at a distance.

You used your N-air well, albeit overused it. At least it wasn't wasteful.

Should have used F-throw instead of U-throw at 2:15, as the U-throw wasn't going to kill, and you would have kept the peach away from the stage & consequently away from safety.

Your use of F-air needs work, both in terms of spacing and *when* to use it, and how to apply it. Mix in single f-airs, single retreating F-airs into airdodges, double retreating, etc etc.

Also, your F-smash use was sub-par. If they didn't run in to it the first three times, they won't run into it the fourth. Clean that up, asap.

~~Ari~~

Smash Apprentice
@ Ari

I didn't see hardly *any* f-tilts... which is not a good thing. Granted, the peach didn't utilize a lot of floating trixies/approaches, but even still, the F-tilt is a great way to keep her at a distance.

You used your N-air well, albeit overused it. At least it wasn't wasteful.

Should have used F-throw instead of U-throw at 2:15, as the U-throw wasn't going to kill, and you would have kept the peach away from the stage & consequently away from safety.

Your use of F-air needs work, both in terms of spacing and *when* to use it, and how to apply it. Mix in single f-airs, single retreating F-airs into airdodges, double retreating, etc etc.

Also, your F-smash use was sub-par. If they didn't run in to it the first three times, they won't run into it the fourth. Clean that up, asap.
I'm kinda lame with throws, I usually just do down throws or back throws depending if I'm near the edge. Yeah my fair aim is decent, but I will definitely work on that. Concerning F-smashes, i kinda like to charge a fake one to bait an attack, then do another when they approach to grab or attack. Thank you for the critique :)

Personally, it looks like you do too much rolling, and even tho this peach didn't punish it could be by better players. I think you use the laser okay. Your also right practice glide toss-->dsmash. Finally, focus on recovering from below the stage your much safer here. ROB gets ***** from underneath. those things should improve your game a lot. oh and don't upsmash unless you glide toss or to edge guard cause its really laggy.
Thats my input my vids are right below you and i feel like im a fairly good rob (correct me if im wrong).
lol, yeah rolldodging forward is a bad habit and definitely trying for more glide tosses. I kinda like to do harmless charged smashes to bait attacks, but I will definitely be more careful.
Thank you for the advice :)

I will check your vids.
I don't know if you want my tips, as you seem to handle Robby better than me, but I can't see that you did anything too wrong.

Video 1 - I would have had too much trouble with Diddy, forcing me to camp and evade more. The only thing I saw was that your semi-full charged gyros were a little too predictable as Diddy just shielded them. Great ground hover into bair though at the beginning.

Video 2 - I can't say much, except maybe instead of maybe shooting a gyro at on offstage opponent, you should try an off stage side b or spam nair by the edge...maybe i dunno.
Good luck :)

I guess the ROB boards are all knowing, thx to all :)

Here is another video of myself, I know its against Ganon, but I play a little better in this one, if only for the lolz:

~ROB v Ganon - wifi firnedly~

Also another friendly, not particularly good but funny:

ROB v Diddy

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Mizu opened a new critique thread, but since our old one with all of our other critiques was still open, I just bumped this one. My suggestion is to use this thread if you want yourself critiqued.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
-Vary tilts.
-Use different aerials.
-Your pretty aggressive, tone this down a bit.
-camp. (more projectiles).
-Vary tour gyro charge, there is no need to charge it to full.
-Don't give that Lucario to charge his Aura Sphere.
-Try not to spam D-tilt, it won't work on smart(er) players.

Just work on that and you should be good. :)

Top Bottom