• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4 (It's Been An Honor Serving Hot Slices Until Now)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Say guys, do you all think that if Mona is added to SSB4, her voice actress, Leslie Swan will reprise her role as her?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Say guys, do you all think that if Mona is added to SSB4, her voice actress, Leslie Swan will reprise her role as her?
Since I doubt that there's any other actress fitting for the role, Leslie reprising it would be nice. But it could easily be a Rosalina situation if she were to get a new voice for disclosed reasons.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Since I doubt that there's any other actress fitting for the role, Leslie reprising it would be nice. But it could easily be a Rosalina situation if she were to get a new voice for disclosed reasons.
So anyone here think Mona still even has a chance? I still support her to be playable of course, but with Wario being most likely confirmed to be a hidden character and all.......

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So anyone here think Mona still even has a chance? I still support her to be playable of course, but with Wario being most likely confirmed to be a hidden character and all.......
At this point, I think she will be none other than a trophy now that Wario's an unlockable character. There aren't than many situations in Smash where both a main veteran and a newcomer of a certain series were unlockable (granted that both Marth and Roy were considered newcomers to Melee with their unlockable status).

The leak may have spoiled most of the roster, but he didn't manage top unlock every character and "missing veterans" like the Ice Climbers most likely won't return if he's right. It would be a miracle if she does wind up in the game, but it's safe to just get your hopes down at this point. After all, Mario is arguably deserving of getting more reps than the likes of Yoshi and Wario anyway if we got the likes of Doctor Mario returning and Junior as a newcomer (with possibly Koopaling alts).

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I don't think she would make it in at this point as nice as that would have been. It would still be pretty neat if she still managed to make it in as an assist trophy though.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Awesome! We're back! Mona still has a chance to fight alongside the best of them! So, who here thinks we'll see Mona DLC? I personally hope for it!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Awesome! We're back! Mona still has a chance to fight alongside the best of them! So, who here thinks we'll see Mona DLC? I personally hope for it!
I say the chances would depend on the following:

a) If Wario is considered worthy enough of having a new addition now that Yoshi is being lumped with the Mario characters

B) If Sakurai still wants another off the wall choice with a weird moveset.

I'd say the chances are minimal, but anything's possible since we least expected Mewtwo to be DLC.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, guys. I just felt like coming in cause I was bored. So, anyone still think Mona might be playable? BTW, a picture of her in her official artwork in Game & Wario appears in the background of the Gamer stage on the Wii U version of Smash 4.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey, guys. I just felt like coming in cause I was bored. So, anyone still think Mona might be playable? BTW, a picture of her in her official artwork in Game & Wario appears in the background of the Gamer stage on the Wii U version of Smash 4.
I can't seem to find her artwork at all from the videos I've seen, but you might be right since the stage does seem to change its layout in every round a la Tortimer Island.

As for her shot of being playable, it's rather slim due to how much of a mixed bag Game & Wario was from the start (as well as her inferior popularity compared to Ashley). Then there's the fact that Sakurai might choose to have a Rhythm Heaven character as DLC instead (since both games had the same developer). It would be a miracle if we managed to get BOTH a WarioWare DLC fighter and a Rhythm Heaven rep. But that's too much of an impossible dream to achieve. :laugh:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I can't seem to find her artwork at all from the videos I've seen, but you might be right since the stage does seem to change its layout in every round a la Tortimer Island.

As for her shot of being playable, it's rather slim due to how much of a mixed bag Game & Wario was from the start (as well as her inferior popularity compared to Ashley). Then there's the fact that Sakurai might choose to have a Rhythm Heaven character as DLC instead (since both games had the same developer). It would be a miracle if we managed to get BOTH a WarioWare DLC fighter and a Rhythm Heaven rep. But that's too much of an impossible dream to achieve. :laugh:
I know, I personally feel that Mona might have more of a chance now that Ashley IS out of the running and all. Also, don't forget, Mona's sometimes considered Wario's "second-in-command" in some games, so I wouldn't be too surprised if she was one of the Wario characters in the running to be playable.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I know, I personally feel that Mona might have more of a chance now that Ashley IS out of the running and all. Also, don't forget, Mona's sometimes considered Wario's "second-in-command" in some games, so I wouldn't be too surprised if she was one of the Wario characters in the running to be playable.
Mona's main problem isn't that she wouldn't be chosen over another Wario character...it's that a Wario character is incredibly unlikely in the first place.

Laniv

Smash Champion
I know her chances are kind of low, but I support Mona!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Mona's main problem isn't that she wouldn't be chosen over another Wario character...it's that a Wario character is incredibly unlikely in the first place.
Yeah, I guess you're right...Say, how would you react though? I mean if Mona WAS confirmed to be DLC for SSB4?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, I guess you're right...Say, how would you react though? I mean if Mona WAS confirmed to be DLC for SSB4?
I would cry tears of joy while eating Mona's Papa Johns Pizza and chugging down soda. Such a proper victory for a sweet gal like her.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It appears that @ AEMehr AEMehr is supporting Mona after seeing his new roster in the Character Discussion topic. I might add him after he stops by and announce his love for the quirky redhead like every other supporter.
I come in here for like the first time in forever and get greeted by this lolwut.

Sure you can put me down for next smash / dlc if she gets really lucky, but I have no love to confess. My heart belongs to like four other waifus i have too many already.
maybe next time

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
If Kat and Ana didn't get in, I kinda doubt Mona will.

Both Kat/Ana and Ashley have better moveset potential... and Mona seems kinda lacking imo. So if they didn't get added... will Mona? Plus Captain Syrup to worry about as well.

But I have only played one WarioWare game so what do i know XD

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mona is awesome! But why not Young Cricket? He's a fighter so he'd fit really well
The issue with Young Cricket is that while he was a new addition to the franchise that actually fights, he barely had that much attention from long time fans. Even guys like Ashley, Jimmy T., and Dr. Crygor easily overshadowed him since WarioWare D.I.Y. I've started a thread for Mona because she really suits the more quirky side of WarioWare with her jobs and the theme of her microgames (given the games were pretty weird to begin with). :p

Also, a Young Cricket topic does exist if you want to see it.

http://smashboards.com/threads/ente...fu-apprentice-detailed-moveset-inside.336690/

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know, I have to say if anyone should be in Smash alongside Wario, I personally always thought it would be Mona, then Ashley (or vice versa, considering Ashley's fanbase), Young Cricket,(Normally, I would say Kat and Ana, but since they're destined to be ATs, well....), and finally either Jimmy T. or 9-Volt.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

At 5:37, there's a trophy of Mona with her Game & Wario appearance. But like what happened with the Rhythm Heaven characters, they are just sprites as opposed to 3D models like Wario and the WarioWare Assist Trophies. This is a major bummer for the WarioWare fans since it would have been nice to see them all in 3D instead of the "copy and paste" method.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

At 5:37, there's a trophy of Mona with her Game & Wario appearance. But like what happened with the Rhythm Heaven characters, they are just sprites as opposed to 3D models like Wario and the WarioWare Assist Trophies. This is a major bummer for the WarioWare fans since it would have been nice to see them all in 3D instead of the "copy and paste" method.
I seriously prefer sprites over nothing like in Brawl.

Sure, with more trophies, imports are bound to happen. But I'm actually glad that they just don't take 3D models and ignore the rest.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'll be honest.

I wanted Ashley for the theme, but her trophy looks cool enough with the model I can't be too mad.

I want Captain Syrup for more villains, but the WarioLand Franchise isn't as reliable as WarioWare (not unreliable either, last game was on the Wii).

I want 9volt cause I like 9volt.

But I'll take Mona. Why not? Just give me one of Wario's side characters. His rival, Wa-Wario (or Mario as I hear he is called) has a lot more than one.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Hey, I'm glad Mona got a trophy at all! I know that an additional Wario rep isn't too likely either, but if Mewtwo can be palyable via DLC, I'm not giving up hope!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If it is not too late, I would like to be a supporter, too. This is the very first time I am seeing Mona's support thread ._.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey, I'm glad Mona got a trophy at all! I know that an additional Wario rep isn't too likely either, but if Mewtwo can be palyable via DLC, I'm not giving up hope!
Indeed, they might as well use Mewtwo as an example for testing waters (Just to see if Smash fans truly want DLC). Since she at least have a trophy, that shows that he's aware of several options for now and her possibility is still probably despite being rather low.

If it is not too late, I would like to be a supporter, too. This is the very first time I am seeing Mona's support thread ._.
Alright, welcome to Mona's Pizza and your order shall be taken soon. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Did someone say "Palutena Guidance"? :troll:

Pit: "There's something odd about this woman and I just can't put my finger on it Maybe it's because she has that sweet scent of pizza from her outfit"

Palutena: "Say hello to the owner of the the famed restaurant Mona's Pizza, Mona. But that's not the only profession that she has."

Pit: "So you are saying that owning a pizza restaurant isn't the only thing she's known for, Lady Palutena?"

Palutena: "Precisely, my curious angel. She had worked in an ice cream store, sold dumpling in a stand, had her very own band, worked as an amusement park attendant, snapped photos as a news reporter, and...."

Pit: "Wow, just thinking about all of these jobs makes my head spin. Is that all she really does Palutena?"

Palutena: "Relax Pit, there was one last job that I forgot to mention. She works in WarioWare Inc. as the the lead designer of microgames of the "Strange" genre. That means the type of games that involves sniffing up snot, knocking away melons as a marionette, and many more""

Pit: "Words cannot describe what I've just heard from that last one. I'm guessing that this presumably normal pizza girl is an unpredictable opponent to face."

Palutena: "Correcto mundo, Pit. If there's one last thing for me to mention, it's to look out for her friends like the Monettes or her skilled pets since they could easily give you a run for your money. Get it, because you need money in order to order that delicious hot slice."

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Did someone say "Palutena Guidance"? :troll:

Pit: "There's something odd about this woman and I just can't put my finger on it Maybe it's because she has that sweet scent of pizza from her outfit"

Palutena: "Say hello to the owner of the the famed restaurant Mona's Pizza, Mona. But that's not the only profession that she has."

Pit: "So you are saying that owning a pizza restaurant isn't the only thing she's known for, Lady Palutena?"

Palutena: "Precisely, my curious angel. She had worked in an ice cream store, sold dumpling in a stand, had her very own band, worked as an amusement park attendant, snapped photos as a news reporter, and...."

Pit: "Wow, juts thinking about all of these jobs makes my head spin. Is that all she really does Palutena?"

Palutena: "Relax Pit, there was one last job that I forgot to mention. She works in WarioWare Inc. as the the lead designer of microgames of the "Strange" genre. That means the type of games that involves sniffing up snot, knocking away melons as a marionette, and many more""

Pit: "Words cannot describe what I've just heard from that last one. I'm guessing that this presumably normal pizza girl is an unpredictable opponent to face."

Palutena: "Correcto mundo, Pit. If there's one last thing for me to mention, it's to look out for her friends like the Monettes or her skilled pets since they could easily give you a run for your money. Get it, because you need money in order to order that delicious hot slice."
Wow! Perfectly describes how I would imagine it for Mona! Still, I know this may sound odd, but somehow, I can also picture Pit "accidentally" letting slip that he may have a bit of a crush on Mona...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wow! Perfectly describes how I would imagine it for Mona! Still, I know this may sound odd, but somehow, I can also picture Pit "accidentally" letting slip that he may have a bit of a crush on Mona...
And then Palutena would tease him for it, perfect. It's such a huge missed opportunity on the team's part, though it's truly understandable since Game & Wario was quite the mixed bag to both fans and critics. I wouldn't be surprised if they were to return back to the usual WarioWare microgames in a future game (Preferably on the 3DS or next gen Nintendo handheld).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh, now that I think about it, we haven't got any Wario Ware games on the 3DS yet did we? Hmm..... It would be pretty nice to see the cutscenes in 3D.... :/

Top Bottom