• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4 (It's Been An Honor Serving Hot Slices Until Now)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So who here thinks the Wario series may have gotten a chance for a second rep? I sure think that's the case! And I'm sure we all know who I hope it is....:smirk: Psst....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So who here thinks the Wario series may have gotten a chance for a second rep? I sure think that's the case! And I'm sure we all know who I hope it is....:smirk: Psst....
Considering the growing amount of Wario content (Waluigi? and Ashley), I'd say that there's still a slight chance that she could be in. But I'll only believe so if we at least get a confirmation of Wario and see what the new Wario stage might be. It's been a while since we had anything Wario related since Waluigi's confirmation (though he's more of a Mario character despite getting the "W symbol"). They could potentially have a stage from Game & Wario (maybe the pirate ship perhaps) to promote the latest game.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Mona would be wonderful as a secondary Wario Ware Rep. I will gladly take her or Kat&Ana. Good luck competing against the Kat&Ana supporters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mona would be wonderful as a secondary Wario Ware Rep. I will gladly take her or Kat&Ana. Good luck competing against the Kat&Ana supporters.
Thanks, will be needing it (even though the Kat & Ana supporters aren't alive anymore :troll:).

But in all seriousness, I'm surprised that no one even revived that one Kat & Ana topic anymore (probably because they believe that all Brawl Assist Trophies minus Isaac and Mac would return).

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Thanks, will be needing it (even though the Kat & Ana supporters aren't alive anymore :troll:).

But in all seriousness, I'm surprised that no one even revived that one Kat & Ana topic anymore (probably because they believe that all Brawl Assist Trophies minus Isaac and Mac would return).
It is very odd. I guess they are being extremely cautious, more so than the Isaac supporters? By the way, if there is a character Typing list where would Mona fall under?

For Example:

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Hybrid Characters exist, for example: Speedy Trickster :4diddy:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It is very odd. I guess they are being extremely cautious, more so than the Isaac supporters? By the way, if there is a character Typing list where would Mona fall under?

For Example:

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

As stated in the OP, she would be a Trickster like Villager, but way more unpredictable due to the random factor of certain specials based on chance (high risk-reward for example).

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
With the arrival of Wario approaching and seeing what I saw with Fire Emblem, suddenly 2 Wario characters doesn't seem unlikely, we have Ashley a Assist Trophy, as well as Waluigi a Assist Trophy, these themselves could point to possibly seeing Mona, I mean if you think about it, Mona could easily have a Ashley costume and Wario could easily have a Waluigi color swap.

Also why would they include Ashley without any inclusion of Mona, doesn't make any sense to me, oh and keep in mind, Mona is like the WaPeach of the Wario series.

I think Mona seems likely now, and I would love to see her playable, and I strongly support her being in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With the arrival of Wario approaching and seeing what I saw with Fire Emblem, suddenly 2 Wario characters doesn't seem unlikely, we have Ashley a Assist Trophy, as well as Waluigi a Assist Trophy, these themselves could point to possibly seeing Mona, I mean if you think about it, Mona could easily have a Ashley costume and Wario could easily have a Waluigi color swap.

Also why would they include Ashley without any inclusion of Mona, doesn't make any sense to me, oh and keep in mind, Mona is like the WaPeach of the Wario series.

I think Mona seems likely now, and I would love to see her playable, and I strongly support her being in.
These points I agree with and I could see her with a double reveal pre-launch or as a hidden unlockable character. Ashley herself was a new popular character, but she didn't really make a huge impact like Rosalina did for Mario.

Also, added to the support list. ;)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'd like it if the lack of Wario so far is for a double reveal.
After all, I know people who said "Krystal confirmed" because of today's Great Fox... :troll:

They only "fear" I have is that Wario is reserved for a Rhythm Heaven trailer... But I also want a Rhythm Heaven character.
Also, it's a bit of a strech (... my biggest stretch so far) but what if the Sneaky Spirit was linked to Wario's universe? It's highly unlikely... But what if.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd like it if the lack of Wario so far is for a double reveal.
After all, I know people who said "Krystal confirmed" because of today's Great Fox... :troll:

They only "fear" I have is that Wario is reserved for a Rhythm Heaven trailer... But I also want a Rhythm Heaven character.
Also, it's a bit of a strech (... my biggest stretch so far) but what if the Sneaky Spirit was linked to Wario's universe? It's highly unlikely... But what if.
Boy, the Krystal fans are still dying to wonder whatever happened to the blue vixen. Hopefully Sakurai doesn't give her the "Trophy Treatment" again. :troll:

That last part is definitely something to worry about too. Rhythm Heaven is slowly starting to overshadow WarioWare's popularity in Japan and I could tell that Sakurai might do something that vile due to the series' connecting developers. The Sneaky Spirit theory might be a stretch since the Chorus Men appeared in Game & Wario as opposed to them. If they were to choose a WarioWare enemy, the Fronks could easily work since they are reoccurring characters in most microgames.

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
If she were to happen, they'd unfortunately go with her god-awful Game & Wario design.

Seriously, what was even the point when Wario (and others) still look just the same?

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
You know, Mona could also used those stuffed animals as projectiles or for puppeteering purposes. I'd love if she rode her moped in when the battle started

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ah, yes, forgot about the Fronks... Now I want them as ennemis.

Again, I don't mind a Rhythm Heaven character, as long as it is the Rhythm Girl :awesome: But while I want the Wario serie to get a newcommer, just to represent both Ware and Land series... I can understand that Wario can represent the Wario serie alone.
But I'm somewhat confident that we have no news from the Wario serie, despite being sure that it's here.

At the very least, I don't want the Wario trophies to be bad again.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If she were to happen, they'd unfortunately go with her god-awful Game & Wario design.

Seriously, what was even the point when Wario (and others) still look just the same?
It's based on a type of art style that was becoming popular at the time, hence why most of the women had that pale skin and black eyes. Maybe the developers did so to attract a wider audience at that time despite the game being very divisive.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
It's based on a type of art style that was becoming popular at the time, hence why most of the women had that pale skin and black eyes. Maybe the developers did so to attract a wider audience at that time despite the game being very divisive.
I really hope they would keep her vintage design, it was so unique

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I really hope they would keep her vintage design, it was so unique
I personally hope so to since they've made an exception for Pac Man's design. But the chances of that happening is low since Ashley is using that design. Unless they combine both designs to make her at least more presentable like they've done with Brawl's Wolf (His design was a combination of his Assault and Command look at the time).

And @Boo Destroyer and @ TimeSmash TimeSmash , I'll add you two to the support list.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know, with Fire Emblem's Lucina and Robin (Male/Female) getting confirmed as two newcomers at the same time, I am having quite a bit more faith in Mona getting revealed with Wario, especially since Ashley's out of the running now, and with two ATs from the Wario series, (I still find it strange Waluigi's classified as a Wario property.) and one of them was one of the Wario series' most requested character, maybe this could mean something really good for Mona.:love: BTW, no hate to any Ashley supporters here, I just sort of enjoy Mona a bit more. I do not have anything against Ashley, though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know, with Fire Emblem's Lucina and Robin (Male/Female) getting confirmed as two newcomers at the same time, I am having quite a bit more faith in Mona getting revealed with Wario, especially since Ashley's out of the running now, and with two ATs from the Wario series, (I still find it strange Waluigi's classified as a Wario property.) and one of them was one of the Wario series' most requested character, maybe this could mean something really good for Mona.:love: BTW, no hate to any Ashley supporters here, I just sort of enjoy Mona a bit more. I do not have anything against Ashley, though.
That may be true since the doors open for more double reveals within these last few months. As for Waluigi being a Wario character, I guess Sakurai done that because he's more associated with the character Wario despite only being exclusive to Mario spinoffs. I'd rather not question what goes on in Sakurai's crazy little head since he's pretty "out-there" like most trolling developers.

Ashley's not that bad of a character, she's just pretty overrated for being "out-of-place" compared to the rest of the wacky cast. Good thing she's an AT since it's the perfect role for a "new" character like her. Ironically, Mona herself is a close friend of Ashley that likes to visit her mansion sometimes according to one Japanese instruction manual for WarioWare Touched. Some best friend she turned out to be. :troll:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Wait... Ashley is loli, with gigantic twintails, with a some kind of tsundere attitude, AND SHE USE MAGIC.

How japan could handle that, seriously? Warioware just created one of the ultimate lolicon material. :troll: It's no wonder she is popular.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait... Ashley is loli, with gigantic twintails, with a some kind of tsundere attitude, AND SHE USE MAGIC.

How japan could handle that, seriously? Warioware just created one of the ultimate lolicon material. :troll: It's no wonder she is popular.
And thus the main reason why people really liked her in the first place.

Besides, Mona can be moe while looking mature too. She's the ultimate stereotype of Americans that you would normally find in Japanese media too with the blue eyes, blonde hair (her hair is dirty blonde at least), curvy figure (because 'Murica), and she takes care of a Western restaurant (pizzeria) at one point.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Hmm, count me in as a Mona supporter, I believe she's possible, since Wario's 2 series are one of the longer and bigger ones in the Nintendo arsenal, and Mona would be an interesting addition

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hmm, count me in as a Mona supporter, I believe she's possible, since Wario's 2 series are one of the longer and bigger ones in the Nintendo arsenal, and Mona would be an interesting addition
Since I was busy covering my more popular thread (who used to be owned by someone else), I'll gladly add you to the list.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I also support Mona for Sm4sh :bee:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
The lack of Wario does seem to be leading into a double-reveal trailer.

I'm hoping we get a cinematic reveal done in the 2D, cartoony style of WarioWare.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
So many people ignore the Wario franchise and think it won't get a second rep... Not sure why, though. WarioWare's characters are some of my favorite Nintendo characters of all time. Especially Mona. I reeeeaaallly want Mona to be playable.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm totally with you all! I just reeeeeeeeaaaaaaallllyyy want to see Mona in SSB4! Wario really needs the company, and who else to accompany him but the one person who's (probably) really into him? She'd definitely be a unique fighter, and maybe she could even serve as a nice contrast to Wario's moveset of biting others, and farting on them. Also, come on, who wouldn't want to see this happen?:
AND
VS.
AND

IT WOULD AWESOME TO SEE THIS IN SSB4!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm totally with you all! I reeeeeeeeaaaaaaallllyyy want to see Mona in SSB4! Wario needs the company, and who else to accompany him but the one person who's (probably) really into him?
Plus she would be a fresh breath of air compared to the royalty, woman warriors, and goddesses that are already in the roster so far.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

For Example:

Wow, I'm actually a little surprised I didn't even respond to this post a lot sooner....anyway, I imagine Mona to be sort a Tricky Puppeteer character, in the sense that she can fight by herself, but also maybe summon things to help her fight, like her pets and maybe even (and I know this is more of a long shot than her pets) her cheer-leading pals, the Monettes. They can help her be very unpredictable in her fighting style from flinging pizza slices of varying strength to someone, to using one of her pets to attack you, to using a Monette to help her with her tether recovery. She'd basically be making her own take on Wario's (also) unpredictable moveset of biting other oppontents, riding a motorcycle to strike you down, to even using a chargeable, colossal, powerful atomic fart to disorient opponents/send them flying/causing them to "faint". She'd be a very unique fighter in that sense, and the reasons I talked about (and many more I don't really feel like getting into detail here) are why I think she should be the Wario series' second rep, after Wario himself.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Wow, I'm actually a little surprised I didn't even respond to this post a lot sooner....anyway, I imagine Mona to be sort a Tricky Puppeteer character, in the sense that she can fight by herself, but also maybe summon things to help her fight, like her pets and maybe even (and I know this is more of a long shot than her pets) her cheer-leading pals, the Monettes. They can help her be very unpredictable in her fighting style from flinging pizza slices of varying strength to someone, to using one of her pets to attack you, to using a Monette to help her with her tether recovery. She'd basically be making her own take on Wario's (also) unpredictable moveset of biting other oppontents, riding a motorcycle to strike you down, to even using a chargeable, colossal, powerful atomic fart to disorient opponents/send them flying/causing them to "faint". She'd be a very unique fighter in that sense, and the reasons I talked about (and many more I don't really feel like getting into detail here) are why I think she should be the Wario series' second rep, after Wario himself.
Plus she would be a fresh breath of air compared to the royalty, woman warriors, and goddesses that are already in the roster so far.
BTW, @R.O.B., You're right, compared to Wario's atomic flatulence, Mona would definitely be a real "breath of fresh air", all right!:laugh:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I think Mona would be a logical choice for the second Wario character. Add me to the supporter list!

Top Bottom