• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4 (It's Been An Honor Serving Hot Slices Until Now)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Added. Thanks for the reminder.

I would indefinitely love for the first outfit to be used, but I have that sinking feeling that she will be wearing her reporter outfit from Game & Wario. Though a combination of both designs (The black eyes of Game & Wario and the usual outfit from the first game) would be something that I'd be fine with.
If Mona ever makes it in Smash, that's EXACTLY how I picture her to look. (Original white fur coat and biker helmet, original hairstyle from the start of WarioWare, combined with her "proportions" seen in Game & Wario added with the black eyes she got in that game.)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Her biker outfit is the one she is most commonly dressed in and is arguably her most recognisable look too. So I'd assume she would go with that. Although she might get her body proportions and eyes from Game & Wario though in order to keep her more up to date with the rest of the Wario Ware cast.

Last edited:

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
They could always pull a "make everyone happy" and give her several different costumes, a la Villager/Koopalings. She has enough unique outfits where it could very much work, and that's not including her one-off outfits like the bun shop or gelateria uniforms.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
They could always pull a "make everyone happy" and give her several different costumes, a la Villager/Koopalings. She has enough unique outfits where it could very much work, and that's not including her one-off outfits like the bun shop or gelateria uniforms.
Then people would start calling costume bias like they did with Wario in Brawl and Little Mac in Smash 4. :troll:

Nah, I wouldn't really care what anyone thinks since this is fanservice for us fans. She does have more than enough outfits that can be used in Smash and it would be a felony to leave at least one of them out.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Mona Mii costume... But as a Brawler, Gunner (as quirky as she is) or as a Swordfighter (with a baton, as quirky as she is)? :awesome:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I've been wonndering, guys. If Mona was added as a playble character, should she have any "special quotes" if she won a match against Wario? Also, I was wondering the same "special quote" thing for if Wario uses his Wario Waft near her. Anything?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I've been wonndering, guys. If Mona was added as a playble character, should she have any "special quotes" if she won a match against Wario?
Maybe she could say something like "and that's for not paying me!" (referencing the end of the first WarioWare game). If not that maybe "sorry boss!" or something similar.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Believe or not, I was legitimately shocked when someone first shown me this on Facebook. Someone recently opened a petition that is dedicated to the idea of adding Mona in spinoff Mario games like Mario Party and Mario Kart. While he's literally hitting the jackpot for targeting her fanbase on Facebook, it's going to be hard to sell this idea to any other online community. All I have to say is good luck on them achieving that goal if anyone would go out of their way to push the idea.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-add-mona-from-warioware-to-super-mario-games

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Believe or not, I was legitimately shocked when someone first shown me this on Facebook. Someone recently opened a petition that is dedicated to the idea of adding Mona in spinoff Mario games like Mario Party and Mario Kart. While he's literally hitting the jackpot for targeting her fanbase on Facebook, it's going to be hard to sell this idea to any other online community. All I have to say is good luck on them achieving that goal if anyone would go out of their way to push the idea.

Well, some VERY nice things about Mona were said on that Change.org petition, and I really agree with all of them. You'd think this guy was in love with Mona or something, and I gotta be honest....can't say I blame him.:love:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, some VERY nice things about Mona were said on that Change.org petition, and I really agree with all of them. You'd think this guy was in love with Mona or something, and I gotta be honest....can't say I blame him.:p
Believe me, there are times when Nintendo fans go into the obsessed territory with these female characters. I would rather not mention that one role player who stalked that page once and wanted to marry the "character". At least he's not calling Mona a waifu for something. :laugh:

While petitions don't really work all the time, I can only see this one vein noticed if plenty of people sign it as opposed to just few. Though gaining some traction will take some time knowing that most fans of that page are probably busy or sleep by now. Seeing her or any other WarioWare character in Mario games would be a great thing to happen in the future.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Believe me, there are times when Nintendo fans go into the obsessed territory with these female characters. I would rather not mention that one role player who stalked that page once and wanted to marry the "character". At least he's not calling Mona a waifu for something. :laugh:

While petitions don't really work all the time, I can only see this one vein noticed if plenty of people sign it as opposed to just few. Though gaining some traction will take some time knowing that most fans of that page are probably busy or sleep by now. Seeing her or any other WarioWare character in Mario games would be a great thing to happen in the future.
It sure would be a great thing! I would think they'd have added Mona to a Mario spin-off, or at least Jimmy T. by now. Oh, well. Between the both of them, I mostly support Mona to show up in more things, so here's hoping. BTW, I don't suppose you or anyone else has voted for Mona on the Smash Ballot yet, have you? (or they?) Also, I sent you a post on your account last nigh, and I don't know if you were sleeping, so I didn't want to disturb you.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It sure would be a great thing! I would think they'd have added Mona to a Mario spin-off, or at least Jimmy T. by now. Oh, well. Between the both of them, I mostly support Mona to show up in more things, so here's hoping. BTW, I don't suppose you or anyone else has voted for Mona on the Smash Ballot yet, have you? (or they?) Also, I sent you a post on your account last nigh, and I don't know if you were sleeping, so I didn't want to disturb you.
I'm sure that everyone here had already voted for her. What needs to be done is seeing if anyone new had voted for her after all this time (I can guarantee you that half of the people who follow that Mona for Smash page hand't done their part yet). That being said, Nintendo actually utilizing the WarioWare series while its hot is something they should take advantage of in the future.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm sure that everyone here had already voted for her. What needs to be done is seeing if anyone new had voted for her after all this time (I can guarantee you that half of the people who follow that Mona for Smash page hand't done their part yet). That being said, Nintendo actually utilizing the WarioWare series while its hot is something they should take advantage of in the future.
They REALLY should. Who knows, maybe when that happens, Mona could be added to Smash. Like SourceGaming said, the Smash Ballot is more "quality over quantity". And I personally feel Mona has that in the bag!

zon

Smash Cadet

I always wonder why Wario characters never get in Mario spinoffs but Donkey Kong does.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I always wonder why Wario characters never get in Mario spinoffs but Donkey Kong does.
I remember that Miyamoto said in an interview that Wario and Super Mario Land characters never appeared in Mario platformers these days was because of conflicting art styles. So I figure this got to be the case with Wario characters appearing in spinoffs (Some like Dribble or Dr. Crygor would look completely out of place when next to a 3D Mario character).

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is not like the whole DK cast gets into Mario Kart/other spin offs either. :/

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It is not like the whole DK cast gets into Mario Kart/other spin offs either. :/
You are indeed correct, Miyamoto would sometimes take the easy way out instead of taking any risks with the franchise. Whether it's adding Wario characters in Mario spinoffs or having spinoff characters star in canon titles, there are juts some things he intentionally avoid for little reason. It would be nice seeing the WarioWare employees race with their boss instead of seeing the usual Yoshi babies and Kong relatives (and enemies).

Edit: I've changed the title to bring up the petition. While it might not be much, it's pretty interesting to talk about.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That moment when both Ashley and Mona are the only WarioWare characters with the most yeses. Poor 9-Volt and Jimmy T....

:troll:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That moment when both Ashley and Mona are the only WarioWare characters with the most yeses. Poor 9-Volt and Jimmy T....

:troll:
Oh, really? Out of ALL the WarioWare/WarioLand characters voted on, Mona and Ashley have the highest votes on the Daily Ballot from @BluePikmin11?

Well then.........:smirk:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh god I just realized something.

If Mona gets in, there's gonna be a Mona amiibo.

God help us all.
She's going to need a hell lot of more support if that's ever going to happen. Especially when a certain witch is still huge with her popularity, even when she was reconfirmed through the Assist Trophy.

If you look at the polls, her yes and no gap is even bigger than Mona's (even her having a smaller gap with the yeses and nos). That's more than enough of a sign that there are still fans out there who downplay Mona and overrate Ashley because she's a magic user.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wonder how Mona doing in terms of Smash. I doubt it's amazing, but I hope she's still hanging in there.
Who knows, but you may be right about her doing worse than an Assist Trophy like Ashley internationally. She is the 99th most wanted character if you look at the Top 483 choices in the Individual Smash Poll thread. Not sure if she managed to beat out any other WarioWare character other than the superior Ashley.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Makes me wonder if in these hypotetical games we can have other characters like Ashley or the Jimmies? And also expand on Diamond City and make it somehow possible if it exists on the same plane as the Mushroom Kingdom and other places?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Makes me wonder if in these hypotetical games we can have other characters like Ashley or the Jimmies? And also expand on Diamond City and make it somehow possible if it exists on the same plane as the Mushroom Kingdom and other places?
That's actually sort of what I would like to happen with the wacky universe Wario and friends live in. Have the guys go kart with their boss's friends for once or even play tennis with Waluigi. The problem is that Nintendo doesn't want to take any risks with the series because it isn't very linked to Mario unlike Yoshi's Island and Donkey Kong Country. If we can have Dixie Kong and Baby Mario in the games, then why not Ashley or Mona?

Last edited:
Top Bottom