• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

HanAmes

Smash Ace

That figure of Daisy looks rather...creepy...in the face...But everything else looks rather fine.
Well...Daisy IS known for having big, round eyes (shrugs).
This. Sounds.amazing.

"I just want a Super Princess Peach 2 game. You know what they should do? Actually make a Super Princess game. Have all the Nintendo Princesses in one game. As a single player you can choose one to use. As multiplayer you can help each other out playing as one of them. The villain would be Bowser's daughter. Each Princess would have her own unique ability. Peach would have her emotions. Which you could collect more as the game progresses. Daisy could collect different flowers for unique abilities. Rosalina has her star, of course, but again, collecting stuff along the way to make her star abilities more powerful and versatile. I think Toadette should be a playable character too. Maybe have the character ability from SMB2? Pick up and throw? That would open up more world exploration in multiplayer. Throw one of the Pricesses and they could suddenly appear in a sky world somewhere that couldn't be previously unlocked. Maybe Toadette could collect keys to open up different areas as well. So a side scrolling, action, RPG type game. When you've finished the main story in single player mode, you can then choose another character to play through the story again to get the goodies for that character."

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-
Consider that game 'bought' if it's actually a thing.

I've had the same idea for quite a while, but my approach was more of a RPG-like game; like SMRPG before the Paper Marios of the world, and the Mario and Luigis of the world.

All three princesses would have specific powers unique to them as well as some physical prowess.

Peach: Balanced in both physical and magic; you know how sometimes Peach has these powers of hers, and I was thinking about her being of the healing-type

Daisy: More physical, and less magical; Daisy is the power hitter of the trio in which she usually deals decisive blows to enemy forces. She would also have her flower powers at her disposal, where it isn't as potent as her physical prowess, just to balance things out.

Rosalina: More magical, and less physical; basically, the opposite of Daisy. She uses attack magic that can even target multiple foes at once, because, you know, cosmic goddess and all that jazz.

So yeah. Those are MY two cents on the subject of a 'Super Princess' kind of game. But real talk, I really hope that Nindy DOES make a game, featuring the three gals. I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Too bad Japan only, and at least there aren't many fanboys like here who think characters like Daisy and Waluigi are irrelevant......
True that, true that...but all they need is Rosalina. And speaking of good-ol' Rosie, doesn't the Octolings' hair style in Splatoon kinda resemble Rosalina's in a way??

635684441847815963-Splatoon-Campaign-World-Guide.jpg
zlCfzTGfJvEi8l-z30.jpg
I've made that observation after playing a lotta Splatoon lately.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
True that, true that...but all they need is Rosalina. And speaking of good-ol' Rosie, doesn't the Octolings' hair style in Splatoon kinda resemble Rosalina's in a way??

View attachment 60501 View attachment 60502 I've made that observation after playing a lotta Splatoon lately.
Nintendo must really be liking that hairstyle as of late...

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

View attachment 60501 View attachment 60502 I've made that observation after playing a lotta Splatoon lately.
That peek a bang hairstyle catches a lot of people's attention. Maybe that cause Mariotehplumber to become furious.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Good to see that Captain Toad support is still going strong while all of Waluigi's fans are supporting him despite the Assist trophy. But who's to say that Daisy isn't doing so bad in the Top 16? At least it's better in comparison to the struggle Lana and Owain goes through. :laugh:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Good to see that Captain Toad support is still going strong while all of Waluigi's fans are supporting him despite the Assist trophy. But who's to say that Daisy isn't doing so bad in the Top 16? At least it's better in comparison to the struggle Lana and Owain goes through. :laugh:
This is not good. Daisy below RAY MK and Chibi Robo. At least Strawpoll could be botted.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is not good. Daisy below RAY MK and Chibi Robo. At least Strawpoll could be botted.
I got that impression soon as I seen how high Reckless Wiimote Safety Man is. There's no way possible that he would be getting that many votes unless casuals and trolls find him a good idea.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

My brother is a Rosalina fan and even he thinks the fanboys are stupid and dumb because of their obsession with her and ignorance over other characters.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
My brother is a Rosalina fan and even he thinks the fanboys are stupid and dumb because of their obsession with her and ignorance over other characters.
And this is why I like the Daisy fan base because, we're so passionate about our favorite flower princess without submitting to reckless obsession (well, what I've seen of the fan base already) and ignorance; no thanks to michaelol, of course!

Even though, I'm sure that we're far from being the 'best' fan base, but sometimes I can't help but wonder if we'd still be this passionate like we are now if Daisy was shown to get her way all the time, and I mean her receiving 'Rosalina-like treatment.'

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
And this is why I like the Daisy fan base because, we're so passionate about our favorite flower princess without submitting to reckless obsession (well, what I've seen of the fan base already) and ignorance; no thanks to michaelol, of course!
Really? From what I've seen around the Internet, it's either people who absolutely despise her (PKSparkzzDahottness among them) or people who really really REALLY like her.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
What would you think, if they did implement transformations in the next game (and added Daisy), would you want her to transform into her various outfits, each with different attacks, in the moveset?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
What would you think, if they did implement transformations in the next game (and added Daisy), would you want her to transform into her various outfits, each with different attacks, in the moveset?
Nice idea, but personally I would want Princess Daisy to always stay in her sports outfit. Preferably either her Mario Baseball or Super Mario Strikers outfits. By all of this, I essentially mean she should have her sports outfit as a way to differentiate her from Princess Peach.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wouldn't mind it at all, even if its for the sake of involving a unique gimmick with her moveset. Especially with the possibilities of a Mario DLC character happening is low since Sakurai's main priority with the last few are fanservice. This is another reason why I'm glad that the Smash Ballot also affects the selection of roster picks for Smash 5 in the future.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I wouldn't mind it at all, even if its for the sake of involving a unique gimmick with her moveset. Especially with the possibilities of a Mario DLC character happening is low since Sakurai's main priority with the last few are fanservice. This is another reason why I'm glad that the Smash Ballot also affects the selection of roster picks for Smash 5 in the future.
Fan-service = King.K.Rool there are many, many Nintendo fans out there that wa- forget it. There are so many Daisy haters out there :(

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Fan-service = King.K.Rool there are many, many Nintendo fans out there that wa- forget it. There are so many Daisy haters out there :(
Like I said there aren't that many, it's only because the people who hate her make it seem that there are more than how many there really are.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
Image is broken, but I can see it in the comment box.

Fixed:

View attachment 60624

Also, where did that render of Daisy come from?
That pose.. hm... correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the pose she makes in Mario Party 9 after given the 10 starter pack mini stars in the very beginning of a game (maybe it's 8? But I know it's from one of those two. )

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
That pose.. hm... correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the pose she makes in Mario Party 9 after given the 10 starter pack mini stars in the very beginning of a game (maybe it's 8? But I know it's from one of those two. )
Wow, Mario Party 10 did recycle a LOT of content!

Look at that pose, it reeks of Mario Party 9 assets.

EDIT: So it did come from Mario Party 10! That just shows how similar it is to Mario Party 9.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
At least her model is upgraded and is actually better looking than Peach's.
True? Hoping Rosie is gonna be in the 2016 Rio Olympics, like I said I raised my opinion about her after I went to the RosaLuma thread and I am giving her a chance, but that doesn't change the fact that Daisy is my favorite and I still hope she gets in Sm4sh or Sma5h, and I am more hopeful especially after seeing that even Reddit admitted that she is one of the most voted.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Wow, Mario Party 10 did recycle a LOT of content!

Look at that pose, it reeks of Mario Party 9 assets.

EDIT: So it did come from Mario Party 10! That just shows how similar it is to Mario Party 9.
I agree...same 'ol car gimmick, same 'ol 'race to the finish'' gimmick, same 'ol random minigame gimmick, same 'ol mini star gimmick, etc, etc. This is why I miss Hudson when they used to develop the MP games. At least playing as Bowser is fresh, though (you know you play a lotta Splatoon when you use the word, Fresh:upsidedown:).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I agree...same 'ol car gimmick, same 'ol 'race to the finish'' gimmick, same 'ol random minigame gimmick, same 'ol mini star gimmick, etc, etc. This is why I miss Hudson when they used to develop the MP games. At least playing as Bowser is fresh, though (you know you play a lotta Splatoon when you use the word, Fresh:upsidedown:).
They couldn't even match the content of the 9th one (and never made amiibos for the whole cast!) At least we know Daisy can appear even on a small Mario roster.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
R.I.P. Hudson

I not only miss them because of Mario Party, but also for Bomberman. Too bad those Konami dolts just don't know what to do with him and he will most likely to mobile fodder for the rest of his life like the other Konami characters.

#****YouKonami

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
R.I.P. Hudson

I not only miss them because of Mario Party, but also for Bomberman. Too bad those Konami dolts just don't know what to do with him and he will most likely to mobile fodder for the rest of his life like the other Konami characters.

#****YouKonami
Konami should probably exit the video game business and get back to making slot machines.

Going back to Daisy, how optimistic is everyone about her chances? Does a male/female option on the Smash Ballot increase her chances? These unofficial polls aren't exactly the best.....

D

Deleted member

The official description of Mario Tennis (N64) released on the Wii U VC includes the following:
The Mushroom Kingdom’s finest hit the court in this wild multiplayer tennis game from Camelot, the talented developers behind Golden Sun and Mario Golf! ... Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Princess Peach, Toad, and Donkey Kong lead off the all-star, 14-character lineup, including some fan favorites this game popularized, like Daisy.
I thought that was a nice tribute for Daisy fans, as this was the game where she made her comeback. And there's no mention of Waluigi at all, even though it was his debut game (though he's probably implied as a 'fan favorite')!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Going back to Daisy, how optimistic is everyone about her chances? Does a male/female option on the Smash Ballot increase her chances? These unofficial polls aren't exactly the best.....
My optimism remains the same, mostly due to the amount of competition still being big on the Mario side of things. But one that should have no worries about is age I since he goes through the same legal loophole as any third party character.

One thing these boy or girl options do is letting the team know what audience that character appeals to. So in a way, it affects certain characters depending on how huge of a following they have. Daisy for example probably has more female followers than make given that most Mario princesses are bound have an impact on many girls' lives since their childhood. While that would be the total opposite for a certain King since boys always found him funny and cunning.

The official description of Mario Tennis (N64) released on the Wii U VC includes the following:

I thought that was a nice tribute for Daisy fans, as this was the game where she made her comeback. And there's no mention of Waluigi at all, even though it was his debut game (though he's probably implied as a 'fan favorite')!
Nintendo called Daisy a fan favorite? Well I'll be damned and to think them acknowledging the Super Mario Land games as canon this year was great. But these are baby steps for now and we should keep an eye on those rascals for more little things like this.

Troykv

Smash Master

"The Mushroom Kingdom’s finest hit the court in this wild multiplayer tennis game from Camelot, the talented developers behind Golden Sun and Mario Golf! ... Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Princess Peach, Toad, and Donkey Kong lead off the all-star, 14-character lineup,including some fan favorites this game popularized, like Daisy."

What? Seriously? That sounds a little bit weird since that the character is only used as a "Spin-Off Filler" (now with Veteranism).

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
R.I.P. Hudson

#****YouKonami
Here I am hopeful for an impossible port of Metal Gear Rising for the Wii U and Snake coming back 4 Smash(my most wanted is Daisy).

Top Bottom