• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Salt Mines Discuss Project M, Shots Fired and More

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
For those looking for some great Smash action this weekend, Shots Fired will be the tournament to watch! This Pennsylvania national has over 250 entrants, and most notably is the first large-scale tournament for Project M since VGBootCamp publicly announced it would not be streaming the game.

Shots Fired will be the first major PM tournament in some time, as well as a large Melee and Smash 4 event

Earlier this week, Project M podcast The Salt Mines took the time to go over each and every pool, picking out matchups to watch and making predictions on the tournament's results! It's great to see Project M make its way back into the spotlight after such a long hiatus, so fans of the game make sure to keep it locked on CLASH Tournaments tomorrow for some great matches! To watch the entire episode of The Salt Mines, check it out below!

Are you excited to watch Shots Fired this weekend? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit is ready to watch some Project M again! It's been too long. Chat with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

_Chrome

Smash Ace
This is awesome!!! Another Project M tournament! :) Maybe we'll get more wonderful highlights and moments to remember, such as the epic MM between Rolex and Professor Pro! It'll be cool to see familiar players duke it out all over again to say the least.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
But Project M is dead!!!

**** that Noise.

Project M is forever...

steelxawesome

Smash Rookie
They are still using Project M after it has been dropped in so many places?
I guess you can say...
Shots Fired. :smirk:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Project M will live on for as long as people support it.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
I hope it stays around too. I don't really consider myself a fan of it(or the concept of it really), but I've seen some really good things come from this mod and people are really passionate about the game so I'll enjoy watching it here and there and maybe consider trying it out for myself someday.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
I still love.project M and these types of things are exciting. I just hate when people.get all angry when a mod of a game doesnt get picked over legitiment versions.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Can we just appreciate how Charizard is holding a gun in that picture? xD Shots Fired is going to be hype. I hope I will at least see some of my own Charizard brethren there make it out of pools.

StriderSean

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagnarokSeraph
3DS FC
1332-8232-6969
Project M is back! Now, I await to see what matches will be held. Also, since there's a Charizard in the picture, will there be a Charizard main in the tournament? I haven't seen many out there.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Project M is back! Now, I await to see what matches will be held. Also, since there's a Charizard in the picture, will there be a Charizard main in the tournament? I haven't seen many out there.
Dude, I wanna see more of them after seeing stuff like this.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I really hope that the TO's stop the PM tournaments. For the first time ever Nintendo is actually supporting the scene. The PM community needs to stop being selfish. The scene is at a place it's never been at and I think PM could cause a lot of problems in the future.

Narpas_sword

I really hope that the TO's stop the PM tournaments. For the first time ever Nintendo is actually supporting the scene. The PM community needs to stop being selfish. The scene is at a place it's never been at and I think PM could cause a lot of problems in the future.
Yea, and while wee're at it, stop melee, Nintendo want their NEW game advertised, not their old game.

Or you know, let TO's put what they want in tournaments that aren't sponsored by Nintendo.

because there's no way Nintendo are going to sponsor the monthlies at my house...

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Yea, and while wee're at it, stop melee, Nintendo want their NEW game advertised, not their old game.

Or you know, let TO's put what they want in tournaments that aren't sponsored by Nintendo.

because there's no way Nintendo are going to sponsor the monthlies at my house...
Nintendo actually made melee. It's not some hack people made. Using someone else's licensed material. If you wish to play at home with friends that's fine. But it has no right within the community.

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo actually made melee. It's not some hack people made. Using someone else's licensed material. If you wish to play at home with friends that's fine. But it has no right within the community.
And Project M is the community's loving recreation of Melee in a Brawl enviroment. It's an act of love and devotion, and even if it may use the work someone else made, it's not like they're making money off of this. The only problem that I see feasible is that competitive players will buy this instead, but then again, competitive players aren't the target demographic for Smash 4, instead they're merely a secondary demographic in order to augment sales, and all that relies on is some dudes posting Smash 4 vids on YouTube

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
Blech, I played PM at this years Katsucon for the first time. Played against a ton of Zelda players. Sort've boring and gimmicky. I'll stick with the Wii U version :)

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Blech, I played PM at this years Katsucon for the first time. Played against a ton of Zelda players. Sort've boring and gimmicky. I'll stick with the Wii U version :)
Agreed. I once played the Wii U version against a bunch of Rosalina players. Sort've boring and gimmicky. I'll stick with the 64 version

Triforce of Love

Smash Cadet
This is great! Im so glad to see Project M seeing more action! Personally I feel like project M is an incredibly valuable resource for the smash community. I mean its not like Nintendo's ever going to release any more games that even come close to Melee. Ever. (Needless to say I disagree with VGBC's decision to drop PM). In my eyes, it almost seems like PM is the future of smash: It may very well be the last smash game to be released that rivals Melee's caliber. I personally dont play a lot but it definitely has a lot to offer the *deeper* competitive scene. Anyways WOOHOO for PM!

HyruleSmasher

Smash Cadet
well if this is what the end of the path looks like then what could you do. let time/ and fans decide the game fate.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I would save your passive aggressive nature for something more worthwhile.

Top Bottom