• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Red, White and BOOM! - Henry Fleming for DLC! * Democracy calls! Will you answer? *

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Stamp me on the support list Wintrophy. Henry has tons of potential that is screaming to be known. Him alongside the Inkling will have diverse and deep movesets.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Put me on the patriots list too,I like watching babies learning to walk...
Yeah bad comparison...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
To all you 3DS users still around:

HNI_0099.JPG

A Mii Gunner based on Henry works almost perfectly in Smash. Here's what I customized mine with:

Specials: 3232
-Grenade Launch
-Stealth Burst
-Arm Rocket(interchangeable with Cannon Uppercut for style points but in comparison AR has better recovery)
-Bomb Drop(can instead be reflector or absorbing vortex for those who dislike redundancy with Grenade Launch)

Outfit: Steampunk Getup(duh, it's almost like it was DESIGNED to be a Henry Fleming cosplay in advance)

Headgear: none

I'll take some snapshots of Henry Mii in action within Classic Mode and the lot. I wish I had a Wii U to get better shots, but I work with what I have. :)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Hmm, a zoning character with a mechanic revolving around trading mobility for powerful, high-damaging rapid-fire projectiles? Interesting.

I also think, should he ever be in a future Smash game, that he could also borrow weapons from his allies, such as the Bear Grenade and also use a Steam Crossbow.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Hmm, a zoning character with a mechanic revolving around trading mobility for powerful, high-damaging rapid-fire projectiles? Interesting.

I also think, should he ever be in a future Smash game, that he could also borrow weapons from his allies, such as the Bear Grenade and also use a Steam Crossbow.
The Lion Launcher would work as an Up B. BTW, the Steam Crossbow is a weapon anyone can use.

I figure he would use steam to use special moves, kind of like EX moves. Although it is not exactly the same, I'd like to see a character with the same mechanics as Penny Fox from Awesomenauts.

Honestly, without using other STEAM member's weapons, my interest in Fleming drops dramatically. The eagle rifle looks cool and all but a moveset of just it and his grenade just feels like it doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant being a character

All in one or bust for me.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Honestly, without using other STEAM member's weapons, my interest in Fleming drops dramatically. The eagle rifle looks cool and all but a moveset of just it and his grenade just feels like it doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant being a character

All in one or bust for me.
I concur with this.

The fact that Randolph Carter and Abe Lincoln are in the same game makes me squee with delight~ <3

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
He could borrow a few more weapons, but I wouldn't want something where almost every weapon is part of Henry's moveset. Robin is an example of this, where only out-of-place move is Nosferatu.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
http://codenamesteam.nintendo.com/combat-tactics/
not sure how much of this os new but
"Antropomorphized Battle Engine"
also machine guns. Why is this game so cool
...How did nobody think of that?

This game is just stupidly fun. It's like Intelligent Systems were just told to do whatever the hell they wanted, and this beautiful catastrophe is the result. Sublime~

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So, we just learned that Will Wheaton is going to be playing Abraham Lincoln in Codename S.T.E.A.M. Any thoughts on this decision for casting?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I would very, very okay with A.B.E. as a Final Smash.

Or Cthulhu Randolph Carter as an Assist Trophy.

And the aliens as Smash Run enemies.

And the Steam Rifle as an item.

And the alternate title theme as a track.

And a London stage.

And a Lincoln alt.

And Fleming in Smash.

You know i'm surprised no one has made a codename STEAM reddit yet :/
I would make one if I had any experience/time/enough caring

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The OP has been updated with new supporters, support icons, @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A 's Mii template and various fine-tunings to make it all shiny and pretty!

A big thanks to everybody who's supported thus far, and here's to Codename: S.T.E.A.M.'s success when it hits our fair shores!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Sign me up for the support list. I'm super hyped for Codename: S.T.E.A.M. this Friday.
Currently working on a moveset. So far I just have specials so far:

Neutral B: Eagle Riffle- Henry shoots the opposer with a bullet from his Eagle Rifle. A powerful move but after the user uses it about 3 or 5 times you'll have to wait a while to use it.
Side B: Penguin Lobber- Works like Mecha Koopa.
Up B: Steam Jetpack- Henry blasts off using a steam powered jet pack. Does no damage.
Down B: Overwatch- Counter move.
Final Smash: Eagle Strike- Henry takes everyone standing around him then throws an Eagle Shaped bomb at them sending them flying.

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
His side smash or forward tilt could be him using his push ability to kick the opponent.

So what are your thoughts on the agents confirmed as of now? Any favorites?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
His side smash or forward tilt could be him using his push ability to kick the opponent.

Nice idea. I'll put that in that my moveset.
So far my favorites are:
Henry Fleming (of course)
John Henry
The Fox
Queequeg
Lion
Lucina
Also, I have an idea for a stage, the 'Lady Liberty'. Basically you ride around to different events (Including the A.B.E. robot battle) from the game on top of the Lady Liberty. You battle at the place of the event, and then after a while a cloud of steam lifts you up and brings you back to the top of the Lady Liberty.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

As a long-term fan of H.P. Lovecraft, I legit screamed with joy when I saw Randolph Carter.

Bonus points for summoning Cthulhu~ <3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Seen the reviews for the game and they range from decent to poor from guys like IGN and Gametrailers. Most of the complaints so far pertains to how long the enemy's turn to attack takes, which would ruin the experience for anyone new to the game. Still not going to stop be from buying Codename S.T.E.A.M. and supporting a rep from it though.

Top Bottom