• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
im glad todays pic boosts ridleys chances. (even though the pic is the same pic that the leaker posted but whatever man, that allstar pic argument against ridley is meaningless now!)

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Hope has been revived. I mean, I was still hopeful for Ridley, but this..This boosts it even more.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...Wow, that POTD.

Sakurai knows what he's doing. There's no way he didn't know that the All-Star mode picture was a major argument against Ridley and now he just **** all over it. I'm very interested to see what's going to come out now. This is one of the biggest plusses for Ridley in a while - despite Ridley not being hinted at directly here. As soon as I saw it, I couldn't wait to see what the boards were doing.

And this definitely seems to open the door for the inclusion of DLC characters in the final mode. I am so excited now!

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
I football spiked my phone on the bed from when i found out about this POTD. THERE'S STILL HOPE FOR THE BIG 3!

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
...Wow, that POTD.

Sakurai knows what he's doing. There's no way he didn't know that the All-Star mode picture was a major argument against Ridley and now he just **** all over it. I'm very interested to see what's going to come out now. This is one of the biggest plusses for Ridley in a while - despite Ridley not being hinted at directly here. As soon as I saw it, I couldn't wait to see what the boards were doing.

And this definitely seems to open the door for the inclusion of DLC characters in the final mode. I am so excited now!
Yesterday and today's POTD were major ammo for Ridley naysayers. Sakurai crushed them all in 2 days. I won't be surprised now if he is in.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Sakurai knows what he's doing. There's no way he didn't know that the All-Star mode picture was a major argument against Ridley and now he just **** all over it.
Of course he didn't know. How much time, really, do you think Sakurai spends trawling English message boards?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
F*CK YEAH SAKURAI! THIS MEANS ONE TEENY TINY SPECIAL THING!

WANT FOR 1 REASON AND ONE REASON ALONE!

Of course he didn't know. How much time, really, do you think Sakurai spends trawling English message boards?
Nintendo looked at this site when picking characters from Brawl or something, who says Sakurai is the one who reads the boards and not someone else?

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion

Nintendo looked at this site when picking characters from Brawl or something, who says Sakurai is the one who reads the boards and not someone else?
What's wrong with the date?

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527

Well I seem to remember it being someone else reading the boards and NeoGAF in the Brawl development days.

I think it was something to do with it being before the CSS leak

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, I wake up to find this new update revealing two crucial details:

1.) All-Star Mode can be played before the characters are all unlocked; in other words, the absence of a specific character has a perfectly valid excuse, and can no longer be interpreted as a disconfirmation. This means that Ridley could very well appear next to Samus in the line up, but simply has yet to be unlocked.

2.) Despite the ability to play All-Star Mode from the beginning, the mode will be incomplete until all the characters are unlocked. Until that happens, a padlock symbol will appear on the mode. This matches up with the leaked image of All-Star Mode, which would suggest that the roster leaked alongside that image is incomplete. Ridley could still be a hidden character within the game.

Also, secret characters are confirmed to be a thing.

Well, today is a good day.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
The post was made prior to the leak that has been proven to be true. As this post and the leak share common characters, it's been speculated that this post could also be true and therefore that the remaining characters in this post could be in the game as well. :)

Replace Dixie with K.Rool and all my dreams will come true.

That POTD...wow! Although we still have to remember that it still could mean that the leaked All-star screen might have been from a different time to the CSS screen if we're to believe it was from a compilation video.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
The post was made prior to the leak that has been proven to be true. As this post and the leak share common characters, it's been speculated that this post could also be true and therefore that the remaining characters in this post could be in the game as well. :)
I know this leak well. If all of the chars of that list is in...

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Ridley pls. He HAS to have a reveal video and soon. If he's really playable people are gonna find him and show him off soon. The rumored Direct announcement today might be it, although I don't believe the Direct is happening.

Last edited:

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Ridley pls. He HAS to have a reveal video and soon. If he's really playable people are gonna find him and show him off soon. The rumored Direct announcement today might be it, although I don't believe the Direct happening.
Has anyone checked the twitterverse for any clarification on the direct?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh man...To be honest, it's Robin all over again! Leak claims they have characters, people bash non-believers, Sakurai makes them get blown the f*ck out by Robin trailer/revealing it isn't the final roster. DAYUM!!!!!!! IT'S OPEN SEASON BOY!

On a different note, should a make a sequel to my Ridley Reym time?
Twas the night before smash was announced, and Sakurai had a deed! He wanted to make a video game and fulfill everyones need! Mario, Kirby Samus, all of the original 12! Everyone was happy, even the guys at Valve! However, one man named Ridley was left out, for he was too big! Solid Snake saw him crying when smoking a cig. "I'm too big." Ridley said, "They'll never let me in!" "Size doesn't matter at all" Snake said with a grin. Ridley wasn't convinced, and was still very upset, "I'll just be a boss again, for that, I'm allset" Snake punched Ridley right in the mouth! Ridley's face went to the ground, facing to the south. "Your fans want you in, they give you eternal support! Hell, they'd buy a life size plushie of you, even with the costs of import!" Ridley was shocked, he commited a sin! He forget that his chances weren't slim!"Dammit" Ridley shouted, as he suddenly realized."The East don't want me!" He analyzed. Little Mac heard the commotion, ran quickly and saw tears of emotion. "Hey you!" Mac yelled with anger in his voice, "I'm in, and it's Sakurai's choice!" Ridley gasped"But you and me are the same! The West want us but the East think we're lame!" Mac told Ridley in a battle-cry: "You'll never get in if you won't bother to try!" Sakurai saw this, his heart had grown. "I'll put Ridley in, my kindness will be shown. Hey big guy, you over there! I'll put you in! See? I care!" "I'll pretend you're a boss, just to be a troll! All your haters will pay the toll!"
The original for those who don't know

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
wasnt there a rumor or something that stated that we get a dierect at october 3rd
That was just relating to the release date in the west. If Sakurai wants to show any more hype worthy things, it would make the most sense to show it before the Japanese release on the 13th.

Fang3207

Smash Cadet
I don't know what to think about Ridley.
I wouldn't mind if he were in Brawl because of his dark, hyper-realistic artstyle, but I can't see him fitting in a game like this.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
would be hard if one day after releaze is a revealtrailer because ridley is so hard to unlock that they are sure that nobody can have him like.. play everything on hardcore and with every character
would be a hard challenge but well... i dont know

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
...It's like Sakurai's been casually playing along with the leak all this time, only to quietly restore all our hopes and dreams...and then possibly crush them in his own cruel little way. :dizzy:

Nah, but really, he's gonna be playable. I was certain yesterday. Now I'm even more sure!

Top Bottom