• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Yes! This is just what we needed! PotD confirms that you can fight in All Star without unlocking the entire roster. This should explain why Ridley is absent in the leaked image! I feel big, again!:joyful:

...Hate that you can't use continues, though. I wish Sakurai wasn't "omphing" the difficulty so much. I don't wanna be punished Uprising-style in Classic mode.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
OH!! WHAT'S THAT? RIDLEY ISN'T NEXT TO SAMUS?!

Yeah, but if you didn't notice, Zero Suit Samus also isn't there either. Which pretty much comfirmed Zammy's date will be linked to Zero Mission(or that other game) and could confirmed Other M Ridley to appear under Other M's release date.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
well last night i was looking epic anime moments and one was from dragonball.
radiz is telling goku he is a spacepirate.... :D well it is in the original english dub so. ridley is the boss of the fking sayans.( sorry offtopic) but guys it is something funny

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Well, that update certainly gave a boost to Ridley's chances. Looks like there's more left.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, but if you didn't notice, Zero Suit Samus also isn't there either. Which pretty much comfirmed Zammy's date will be linked to Zero Mission(or that other game) and could confirmed Other M Ridley to appear under Other M's release date.
Probably not. Ridley would most likely appear alongside Samus. I mean, we were all grasping at straws as to reasons why Ridley potentially wasn't in that pic, but we don't have to anymore. The most logical and obvious suggestion is that Ridley appears alongside Samus, doesn't matter what version of him it is.

hot coffee

Smash Cadet
Holy wow. All Star confirmed to be incomplete in the leak. For real this time. No more arguments about bypassing the unlock.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Oh. Well, whatever argument people were coming up to disprove Ridley with is now invalid.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
I just saw the PotD and the first thing I thought was "I wonder if the Ridley thread is exploding now?" And sure enough, everyone's super hyped! Rightfully so, I might add.
First the Riki pic, now this All Stars one. They may not *hint* at Ridley, but Ridley's chances are getting better every day!

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

"Pic of the day. This time, you can challenge every fighter in All-Star Mode from the moment you turn on the game!! This is a survival battle with limited recovery items and no option to continue. However, this mode will be incomplete until you've unlocked every fighter... Until then, you can only play against characters that are already available. This is a picture of the bottom-screen menu, with a padlock indicating that the mode is still incomplete."

+1 everyone who grasped at the straws.
This was from the leaker last week...

...WE'RE ALIVE AND WELL PEOPLE!!!!

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
well i want ridley as much as you do guys but i do not realy get why everybody is so exploding about that potd.
ps i can see the haters coming with the dumbest argument. there is no ridley deconfirmed even more.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Probably not. Ridley would most likely appear alongside Samus. I mean, we were all grasping at straws as to reasons why Ridley potentially wasn't in that pic, but we don't have to anymore. The most logical and obvious suggestion is that Ridley appears alongside Samus, doesn't matter what version of him it is.
And with that point, like others have mentioned, Ridley might also still be locked and gives another reason to be not with Samus. Either way, this is still a boost to Ridley's inclusion in my book.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This was from the leaker last week...

...WE'RE ALIVE AND WELL PEOPLE!!!!
That implies he did play it but didn't beat anyone. Anyway, yeah, I figured that much already.

Also, as for the CSS itself, I think it may expand more, and also may reorganize after a certain amount of characters are unlocked, I honestly do. It will probably have to be able to be reorganized anyway. Mostly the characters will stay put, but single franchise reps might jump around to make sure that the upper rows are filled (I don't think the bottom row will be filled at all).

well i want ridley as much as you do guys but i do not realy get why everybody is so exploding about that potd.
ps i can see the haters coming with the dumbest argument. there is no ridley deconfirmed even more.
Because recently there was a picture showing off All-Star mode with people saying that it deconfirmed Ridley because Ridley wasn't next to Samus. This disproves any notion as to why that's a problem; Ridley just isn't unlocked yet. It also basically confirms that the leaked roster isn't final.

And with that point, like others have mentioned, Ridley might also still be locked and gives another reason to be not with Samus. Either way, this is still a boost to Ridley's inclusion in my book.
It also boosts the potential argument as to how characters would work with All-Star if we take DLC and perhaps even delayed unlocking characters into consideration; All-Star just expands with each character added. (Granted, with expansions they might give you the ability to play "Normal" All-Star or the "Expanded" All-Star.)

Which is a further bonus for Ridley; even if he doesn't make the final 3DS roster, he could still be a delayed release character (to promote the western release or perhaps the Wii U game) or even DLC.

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
That implies he did play it but didn't beat anyone. Anyway, yeah, I figured that much already.

Also, as for the CSS itself, I think it may expand more, and also may reorganize after a certain amount of characters are unlocked, I honestly do. It will probably have to be able to be reorganized anyway. Mostly the characters will stay put, but single franchise reps might jump around to make sure that the upper rows are filled (I don't think the bottom row will be filled at all).

Because recently there was a picture showing off All-Star mode with people saying that it deconfirmed Ridley because Ridley wasn't next to Samus. This disproves any notion as to why that's a problem; Ridley just isn't unlocked yet. It also basically confirms that the leaked roster isn't final.
okay now i can get it a bit better still.
i can see the haters coming <.<

hot coffee

Smash Cadet
This goes beyond Ridley. This proves beyond reasonable doubt that the leaked roster was missing characters. This is almost as exciting as a direct Ridley confirmation!

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
It also boosts the potential argument as to how characters would work with All-Star if we take DLC and perhaps even delayed unlocking characters into consideration; All-Star just expands with each character added. (Granted, with expansions they might give you the ability to play "Normal" All-Star or the "Expanded" All-Star.)

Which is a further bonus for Ridley; even if he doesn't make the final 3DS roster, he could still be a delayed release character (to promote the western release or perhaps the Wii U game) or even DLC.
This is a good point. This all-star almost seems specifically made to accommodate expansions with characters being added later on.

Zynux

Smash Lord

"Pic of the day. This time, you can challenge every fighter in All-Star Mode from the moment you turn on the game!! This is a survival battle with limited recovery items and no option to continue. However, this mode will be incomplete until you've unlocked every fighter... Until then, you can only play against characters that are already available. This is a picture of the bottom-screen menu, with a padlock indicating that the mode is still incomplete."

+1 everyone who grasped at the straws.
Damn, the one legit argument against him just got bodied hard.

Nothing ****ing kills this Dragon.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Damn, the one legit argument against him just got bodied hard.

Nothing ****ing kills this Dragon.
Screw Bowser, Ganondorf, or Deadpool! This guy knows how to cheat Death!

And so do the fans...because we're f***ing stubborn that way. @u@

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Holy crap! I can sleep easy tonight. Ridley and Mewtwo really are all but confirmed to be playable in my book.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Im hype as the next guy about this but everone is saying that the trophies the leaker put out were taken at a different time due to the number of trophies unlocked were different each pic. Still even then none of the leakers said that was the final roster anyways plus its easier to obtain trophies than unlocking characters whos requirements are unknown at this point.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Seeing all of you jumping for joy at the sight of Ridley's chances skyrocketing brings happiness to me. While All Star mode didn't directly confirm more characters, it was at the very least, heavily implied that there are still more (so the 3-5 more characters still hold up). Just hope when this is all said and done, I'll be able to see all of you guys at the winner's table, trading blows with you all as the Final Destination is Ridley.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wait what? What's going on while I slept? Can anyone provide a quick recap for me?
Today's PotD basically confirmed that more characters that wasn't shown in the leak are possible, as All-Star Mode is now playable at anytime, even if you haven't unlocked all the characters.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
By the way, has anyone noticed? Zero Suit Samus is one of the characters that isn't mentioned as the ones Shulk destroyed. Does this mean she's an unlockable, or is it because the character of Zero Suit Samus was designed in the early 2000s, later than Samus and Ridley? By the way, Ridley cheats detractions once again! :)

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
Seeing all of you jumping for joy at the sight of Ridley's chances skyrocketing brings happiness to me. While All Star mode didn't directly confirm more characters, it was at the very least, heavily implied that there are still more (so the 3-5 more characters still hold up). Just hope when this is all said and done, I'll be able to see all of you guys at the winner's table, trading blows with you all as the Final Destination is Ridley.
I don't think I want to trade blows with Ridley...I like to think my body will at least last a few more years.

Aside from that, I agree with you and I will be checking game news at least once an hour for a while. I also would want to see what Sakurai will say about the possible upcoming Direct (if anything) to get a clue what will happen.

I drink a soda for Ridley. Wait, you didn't want me to drink that did you?

Last edited:

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
I almost literally jumped up from my chair (despite being at work)
I really like the fact that ever since taking a big hit back in April, Ridley chances seem to have progressively improved since then (albeit at a very slow yet steady pace) now that there's a very good chance that the leak was NOT the final roster, I'm pretty much fully convinced we're finally getting Ridley after all these years.

I also can't believe we're only two weeks away from knowing the final roster. The hype-train literally cannot be stopped!!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I almost literally jumped up from my chair (despite being at work)
I really like the fact that ever since taking a big hit back in April, Ridley chances seem to have progressively improved since then (albeit at a very slow yet steady pace) now that there's a very good chance that the leak was NOT the final roster, I'm pretty much fully convinced we're finally getting Ridley after all these years.

I also can't believe we're only two weeks away from knowing the final roster. The hype-train literally cannot be stopped!!
Sakurai: "Well with our best efforts, Ridley could be made playable. But he might be a bit slow, would that be alright?"

Sakurai's master plan since 2008. :troll:

Top Bottom