• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Thing is, let's do a comparison with Charizard. Remember (anime) charizard compared to Ash? Well, thats pretty much Other M Ridley compared to Samus, speaking purely size. Sooo.. why does anyone still believe in the size argument in the slightest...?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Comments on Miiverse prove only that Japan at least knows Ridley. And maybe they even know about that whole Ridley debate. But not that he is really wanted there.

Just made something random:

"My fans ship me...with a toaster?.."
"Too big?! That fat a$$ turtle got in and he is bigger than i am!"
"Oh, a message from Mr.Sakurai...Wear a Racoon tail? AND EARS? NO WAY IN HELL I`LL DO THAT, SAKURAI!"
"Another message from Sakurai...Wait, if i won`t do that, then i won`t get it?..Should i just attack it to my tail or what?"

Thing is, let's do a comparison with Charizard. Remember (anime) charizard compared to Ash? Well, thats pretty much Other M Ridley compared to Samus, speaking purely size. Sooo.. why does anyone still believe in the size argument in the slightest...?
"Someone still believes in that? Idiots..."
Yes, and mostly because they refuse to accept that they are wrong. Or because there is no other arguments against Ridley`s inclusion they could make, which already says something.

Does anyone remembers non-canonical Super Metroid comic? That one where Ridley survived by being smart (he flees makes a tactical retreat before his and Samus` final encounter), Baby Metroid was killed by a good guy that didn`t even said that he did that and instead Samus decided it was Mother Brain? Oh, and Samus never really explored Zebes and Old Bird was on that planet too. And Ridley did not attacked Samus` homeworld or at least did not killed her parents.

EDIT: i made yet another random image, but can`t give it a proper dialogue...

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Actually thats what i wanted to post about next: What would your personal nightmare be if Ridley wasn't his own character? Mine would be Ridley as an alt-costume for Charizard, or the second coming of Falcondorf: Chariley! (Sakurai PLIS NO!). A Boss i could maybe... *gulp*...maybe deal with. Assist trophy would be horrible but a charizard alt costume? NOOOOOOOO!!!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Sigh~ :cry:

I want to play as Ridley online, but thanks to this stupid move, I won't have access to Internet at home because the stupid house won't have any place to connect to it
:crying::cry::crying::cry::crying::cry:

I just to cry in a corner and never leave. I want to show my love for Kirby, Rosalina, R.O.B., Mr Game & Watch, Greninja and Ridley with the world and use them online against others.

I hate it. Its not fair, especially since we are getting kicked out of this house because the owner didn't tell us he was planning on selling until after we started renting.
:mad::hulk::grrr::evil:

someone must pay

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
On /v/, some Anon brought up a good point about how Ridley's shadow from the direct doesn't seem to resemble Other M Ridley's body outside of the tail.

Some are now speculating that Ridley will be getting a revamped design similar to how Zero-Suit in Smash 4 is a combination of Prime 3 and Other M. So Ridley might have a completely new look in the game, boss or not.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Actually thats what i wanted to post about next: What would your personal nightmare be if Ridley wasn't his own character? Mine would be Ridley as an alt-costume for Charizard, or the second coming of Falcondorf: Chariley! (Sakurai PLIS NO!). A Boss i could maybe... *gulp*...maybe deal with. Assist trophy would be horrible but a charizard alt costume? NOOOOOOOO!!!
Mine is a Yoshi/Bowser clone. But it won`t happen. I would more-or-less be ok with Chariley unless it is Charidlicolous (a Charizard clone made in a similar way to Falcondork).
Ridley has the right to have the right to have the right to have the right to be a playable character. Only Sakurai has the right to have the right to have the right to have the right to have the right to deconfirm Ridley. Does anyone disagrees with that?
On /v/, some Anon brought up a good point about how Ridley's shadow from the direct doesn't seem to resemble Other M Ridley's body outside of the tail.

Some are now speculating that Ridley will be getting a revamped design similar to how Zero-Suit in Smash 4 is a combination of Prime 3 and Other M. So Ridley might have a completely new look in the game, boss or not.
Well, it will most likely not be 1:1 copy of Other M model and if it really is revamped design...then everything is perfect...maybe even too perfect...

@ NintenRob NintenRob , i know how it feels - my family had to move twice...wait...how about modems? That is what i use and works fine. Without any wires. Or you was talking about WiiU connection? If yes, then i know how that feels too - i live in country where i doubt Wii is even sold (i`ve got mine in Russia, so, i have it) and i doubt i will be able to play any online matches in Sm4sh while i am here.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

I only know about the different number of toes. What other changes are there to his physique?

@ NintenRob NintenRob Can you get a router?

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Sigh~ :cry:

I want to play as Ridley online, but thanks to this stupid move, I won't have access to Internet at home because the stupid house won't have any place to connect to it
:crying::cry::crying::cry::crying::cry:

I just to cry in a corner and never leave. I want to show my love for Kirby, Rosalina, R.O.B., Mr Game & Watch, Greninja and Ridley with the world and use them online against others.

I hate it. Its not fair, especially since we are getting kicked out of this house because the owner didn't tell us he was planning on selling until after we started renting.
:mad::hulk::grrr::evil:

someone must pay
Get a router dude, with fast intetnet you wont even know a differance.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
I only know about the different number of toes. What other changes are there to his physique?

@ NintenRob NintenRob Can you get a router?
He's a lot less bulky than his Other M version, his head is different and hands are smaller.

Would you believe that next month it will have been a year since Sakurai first teased Ridley on the first Pyrosphere PotD?

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
He's a lot less bulky than his Other M version, his head is different and hands are smaller.

Would you believe that next month it will have been a year since Sakurai first teased Ridley on the first Pyrosphere PotD?
Time flies when you're suffering from a fatel disease called hype.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Hands or arms? If arms...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! If just hands...Noooooo!

Yeah...and it felt like it was only few months...soon, it will be a year since Ridley`s status was not confirmed as a boss or a playable character...will this month be the month when it will finally be confirmed? I think it will be, but who knows...

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Thats the thing, there isn't anywhere for the router to connect to. in Australia, Most places must use routers.

The new home doesn't have anywhere for it to go, I won't have any Internet, at all. My modem won't have any use, the house just doesn't have anything for it to connect to.

:crying:

Wait? Ridley has a different number of toes?

EDIT: Never mind

He has 3 toes to.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord

Considering that both Other M Varia Suit Samus and Zero Suit Samus got revamped designs, that is to be expected. At the very least, I personally feel it is unlikely that it's going to be a straight rip of the Ridley Other M model (I would be very surprised if such a thing occurred).

At bare minimum I expect touch-ups, but I honestly believe his design will be completely revamped, regardless of his role.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Classic Ridley had 3 toes (2 in the front, 1...not in the front) while Roidley has 4 toes (3 in the front, 1...not in the front).

I doubt they will make him look a lot less like Roidley and more like either classic Ridley or Concept Art Ridley (oh god please no conceptley), but not 1:1 without any differences.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well i doubt they'd revamp the design of a stage-boss... I mean have any of the currently known bosses been revamped? Yellow Devil looks like, well, yellow devil, and there haven't been changes to The Dark Emperor as far as i saw, also if that Blooper is also a glorified stage hazard, it's design also hasn't been altered... So, maybe resizing/revamping some of his body proportions (like the supposed resize of his hands) could be seen as steps to make a small, playable Ridley look slick.

Though, to be honest, i was REALLY impressed at that Ridley-mod for Brawl someone posted a video of a few pages ago. Dayum that guy looked fun to play. Although there is little chance his moveset would stay the same, we have just so many chargeable projectile standard B's...Greninja, Lucario, Samus, Robin, possibly Mewtwo if he gets to be in the game...

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I hear a fear they will make him into the tiny wings ridley..
Doubt it. Doesn't fit the shadow and would make him look out of proportions. They also didn't f*** with charizards wings. Not very much, at least.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Well i doubt they'd revamp the design of a stage-boss... I mean have any of the currently known bosses been revamped? Yellow Devil looks like, well, yellow devil, and there haven't been changes to The Dark Emperor as far as i saw, also if that Blooper is also a glorified stage hazard, it's design also hasn't been altered... So, maybe resizing/revamping some of his body proportions (like the supposed resize of his hands) could be seen as steps to make a small, playable Ridley look slick.

Though, to be honest, i was REALLY impressed at that Ridley-mod for Brawl someone posted a video of a few pages ago. Dayum that guy looked fun to play. Although there is little chance his moveset would stay the same, we have just so many chargeable projectile standard B's...Greninja, Lucario, Samus, Robin, possibly Mewtwo if he gets to be in the game...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What does that even mean? What defines something as being Anime? It sounds so stupid.
The artstyle, the way of drawing faces and hair, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Fire Emblem are Nintendo's best examples of it, though arguably you can also lump Pokémon and Zelda into that category.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I was talking stage bosses, not revamped playable characters. If anything this would add more to the "only playable characters get revamped" side of things. Also didn't Palutena in KIU look relatively close to her Sm4sh counterpart?

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I was talking stage bosses, not revamped playable characters. If anything this would add more to the "only playable characters get revamped" side of things. Also didn't Palutena in KIU look relatively close to her Sm4sh counterpart?

The artstyle, the way of drawing faces and hair, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Fire Emblem are Nintendo's best examples of it, though arguably you can also lump Pokémon and Zelda into that category.
But why are they anime but not Rosalina, Snake or Captain Falcon?

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

Sorry i still do not get how it relates to my post. I was strictly talking Boss Hazard Glorified Pinata thingies, not characters or Final Smashes. All I said was a) Ridley seems to have been altered and b) until now, none of the Boss Hazard Glorified Pinata thingies have been altered compared to the games they were taken from, examples being Yellow Devil, The Dark Emperor and (possibly) the Blooper. Oh and Twinrova, although they basically just make one half of the stage unusable and aren't attackable. Ridley's shadow having traces of being changed to a mixture of two different iterations of him might favour his non-Boss Hazard Glorified Pinata thingy status.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Sorry i still do not get how it relates to my post. I was strictly talking Boss Hazard Glorified Pinata thingies, not characters or Final Smashes. All I said was a) Ridley seems to have been altered and b) until now, none of the Boss Hazard Glorified Pinata thingies have been altered compared to the games they were taken from, examples being Yellow Devil, The Dark Emperor and (possibly) the Blooper. Oh and Twinrova, although they basically just make one half of the stage unusable and aren't attackable. Ridley's shadow having traces of being changed to a mixture of two different iterations of him might favour his non-Boss Hazard Glorified Pinata thingy status.
I thought you were simply saying that characters who get redesigns are usually playable (And honestly I think Palutena is the sole exception).

But it isn't a fair judgement when we have seen very few bosses, if you take in all bosses then Ridley and Porky are the closest to get redesigns.

......typical that the character to debunk that Palutena statement is Ridley himself (Unless someone proves me wrong)

Weavel

Smash Ace
Thats the thing, there isn't anywhere for the router to connect to. in Australia, Most places must use routers.

The new home doesn't have anywhere for it to go, I won't have any Internet, at all. My modem won't have any use, the house just doesn't have anything for it to connect to.

:crying:

Wait? Ridley has a different number of toes?

EDIT: Never mind

He has 3 toes to.
Do some searching online, I think there is a device that can work without any places to plug in to, but I can't currently think of the name.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Can't for the life of me remember where, but I swear during one of GameXplain's videos they showed pictures of Palutena's Temple, and in one of the picture's there's something that looked like some sort of blue/purple attack coming off screen, still trying to find it, but I remember the first thing I thought of was Pandora.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Metal Gear and F-Zero have a much more realistic artstyle, they don't have those big eyes with the black outline, their nose isn't simply just a small line. Mario follows a more standard cartoony appearance. Anime is an artstyle.

It's probably worth mentioning that artstyle usually doesn't translate that well into Smash Bros as the 3D models would have to be heavily stylized to achieve that, compare Ike's Brawl model to the one used in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance's cutscenes for example, so using Smash's models as examples doesn't work that well.

Either way, this doesn't really have much to do with Ridley.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
NO

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
EWW. That would be worse than even I imagined, i was thinking alt costume not palette swap... pallete swap is even WORSE. Although the shadow on Pyrosphere destroys this possibility unless we have bossley and this abomination.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Ew. This thing looks gross. Kill it with water.
The water we shall not drink from? Agreed, finally a use for it!

This was clever but it made my inner Charizard fan cry a little bit.

@ BlueBubbee BlueBubbee while brawl Ridley is obviously a horrible choice to try to map to charizard, what about Roidley? The proportions are a little more similar.
I actually think this video someone posted earlier had a pretty nice Ridley-Hack, but maybe thats because i haven't seen many videos of those...

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Do some searching online, I think there is a device that can work without any places to plug in to, but I can't currently think of the name.
Question, how much internet does online gaming take up? Because we usually go through a lot of Internet.

Top Bottom