• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hehehe it is indeed a hard one..but i hear what that Ness guy was saying though i do agree that you gotta know like how much balance or smooth online are we talking...

I mean if its horribly unbalanced then...yh...
Or like Basic Brawl having around the Same lag as Friendly brawl then...yh...

Do you lot actually expect Sm4sh online to be on par with modes and connectivity as most modern day fighting games?

I know we all hope so...i mean Ninty always seem far behind a gen behind..most peepz say..in prettt much everything...but plz ninty just this one time..make it goodddd!

Be able to send people messages when there online and/or while fighting someone online.

Have in game voice chat.

Have more customizable game modes online.

Have a Tourney online mode (will it kill the casuals to see this mode on there online scree...(-_-) its not like there game pad will magicly force them to play it...)

Have and be able to record and save and send matches and screenshots to peepz!

Have a combat record! Display stats such as
Most used char
Most picked/preferred stage
Wins
Loses..(omg loses no no (-_-)
Etc:

And above all!
Fast-er matchmaking
Better smoothness alot less movement and but lag..

If like half these stuff happen the game will demolish brawl and be played for twice as long or even more...

But i know cant expect everything....

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hehehe it is indeed a hard one..but i hear what that Ness guy was saying though i do agree that you gotta know like how much balance or smooth online are we talking...

I mean if its horribly unbalanced then...yh...
Or like Basic Brawl having around the Same lag as Friendly brawl then...yh...

Do you lot actually expect Sm4sh online to be on par with modes and connectivity as most modern day fighting games?

I know we all hope so...i mean Ninty always seem far behind a gen behind..most peepz say..in prettt much everything...but plz ninty just this one time..make it goodddd!

Be able to send people messages when there online and/or while fighting someone online.

Have in game voice chat.

Have more customizable game modes online.

Have a Tourney online mode (will it kill the casuals to see this mode on there online scree...(-_-) its not like there game pad will magicly force them to play it...)

Have and be able to record and save and send matches and screenshots to peepz!

Have a combat record! Display stats such as
Most used char
Most picked/preferred stage
Wins
Loses..(omg loses no no (-_-)
Etc:

And above all!
Fast-er matchmaking
Better smoothness alot less movement and but lag..

If like half these stuff happen the game will demolish brawl and be played for twice as long or even more...

But i know cant expect everything....
i thought the same people who made tekken were making the online and balancing the characters.

specifically for this point: making the online

EDIT: wait am I ness guy?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
i thought the same people who made tekken were making the online and balancing the characters.

specifically for this point: making the online

EDIT: wait am I ness guy?
Yh..sorry i didnt catch your name meant no disrespect.

Ow and yeah i think your right Im sure Namco are doing the char balance and im prettyyy sure there doing the Online too...i think..can someone confirm?

But also everything needs to be run by Sakurai before its final...[Laughs] (-_-)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yh..sorry i didnt catch your name meant no disrespect.

Ow and yeah i think your right Im sure Namco are doing the char balance and im prettyyy sure there doing the Online too...i think..can someone confirm?

But also everything needs to be run by Sakurai before its final...[Laughs] (-_-)
I remember reading somewhere that namco was having trouble figuring out how Nintendo Network works. hopefully that doesn't mean anything for the final project.

and I don't care if you call me ness guy, or anything really. as long as I can tell its me.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I remember reading somewhere that namco was having trouble figuring out how Nintendo Network works. hopefully that doesn't mean anything for the final project.

and I don't care if you call me ness guy, or anything really. as long as I can tell its me.
How long ago was it when Namco said that? Well hopefully if Sakurai is a completonist and dedolicated ad peepz say he is then he will enlighten Namco and everything should be ok...(-_-) i hope..

Was it before or after when Namco said the online will be better in Sm4sh?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
How long ago was it when Namco said that? Well hopefully if Sakurai is a completonist and dedolicated ad peepz say he is then he will enlighten Namco and everything should be ok...(-_-) i hope..

Was it before or after when Namco said the online will be better in Sm4sh?
this was a LONG time ago, maybe october or november. it was before i came onto this site, anyways.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
this was a LONG time ago, maybe october or november. it was before i came onto this site, anyways.
Well its good though because Sakurai even said he would of liked to make DLC for brawl and Patch its online but couldnt due to how crummy the Wii was..he also said he learned alot from Brawls net play since.

Looks pretty promosing...its good to hear good news isnt it? xD

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well its good though because Sakurai even said he would of liked to make DLC for brawl and Patch its online but couldnt due to how crummy the Wii was..he also said he learned alot from Brawls net play since.

Looks pretty promosing...its good to hear good news isnt it? xD
yup

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I guess it's time for me to start stomping a stupid argument.

Pit's definition of being a "classic" rep matches Samus at this point. Both are characters from the old days, and both are around today. Pit being just recently revived doesn't make a difference between the two.
Aside from that, Sakurai said that he had no plans for a sequel. That does not mean that there will never be one. There's always the possibility of someone else directing a sequel if Sakurai is not willing to make one; it's not like Kid Icarus is Sakurai's series to begin with. And even if it was, Kirby is still churning out games despite Sakurai playing no part in their development.

And while it is true that Ice Climber, Gyromite/Stack-Up, and Game & Watch are not getting another character, it's for a very obvious reason: THEY DON'T HAVE ANYONE ELSE TO ADD.
I mean, who else from Ice Climber are you going to have, a ****ing POLAR BEAR?! With Mr. Game & Watch being a composite of various nameless characters in the Game & Watch titles, how can there possibly be another character? And would you seriously expect someone like Professor Hector as a character?

Patterns aren't worth jack ****. Just because Star Fox has been conveniently getting a character per Smash doesn't mean it's going to happen again.
Falco wasn't originally planned for Melee, he was added late in development as a clone of Fox to help boost the Roster. Wolf was a low priority character for Brawl that was among the first to be axed if time did not allow for every characters' development. He was one of the three lucky ones that survived, the other two being Jigglypuff and Toon Link.
So to think that Krystal is going to be in based off that pattern is idiotic.

Aside from that, how in the Hell does Slippy not make sense? He's definitely more important to the Star Fox series than Krystal, and is much more popular than her in Japan (where he is seen as cute). Oh, Krystal makes more sense because of her little magic stick, and she can't be a clone because of it? Well, sorry to have to slam you into the Brick Wall of Reality, but that's a load of horsecrap.
Wolf had the potential to have different Specials than Fox due to Assault, and yet he was given similar Specials because he was a pilot, and Fox's Specials are based off of actions in the ships.
Krystal would be no different. At most, the staff would give her unique non-Specials like Wolf. Having the staff doesn't magically mean she can't shoot a Blaster, dash forward, propel herself in a given direction, or use a Reflector. And even then, actions the staff can do can easily emulate the same Specials in itself.

Now, tell me what about the staff means she can't be a clone again?

You feel we get stuck masturbating each other? What the **** is wrong with you, dude?

No Newcomer is 100% guaranteed unless Sakurai gives the notion that they are in without actually revealing them. Not even Ridley.
While I appreciate there are articulate people who frequent this thread, there are several logical flaws in your footfalls. (because you 'stomp' arguments? GET IT? HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AND ITS ALLITERATION )

1), comparing samus and pit's classic status. Pit has been playable in a total of 4 games, one of them being Brawl. The series being recently revived makes a huge difference. Samus is a huge part of nintendo history, starring in like 12 games. Pit got a fledgling of interest because Sakurai likes looking back at Nintendo history. Metroid continues to be big enough to get a huge part in NintendoLand.

The kid icarus series just doesn't have the background to merit another character(I'm going to write IN MY OPINION here so that you don't read this incorrectly. assume all of my definitive non factual statements are followed by that. ) .

You can pick that the other classic reps don't have other characters to add, I'm saying, even if they did, since they aren't big in Nintendo history, those characters wouldn't deserve a spot regardless, same to Kid Icarus.

2) This isn't a logical fallacy as much as a response. While you give some good points about whether or not Krystal will be included, Wolf still got lucky, as you say. The main argument I was trying to convey in my original post is that all of the Palutena on these boards was preposterous and hypocritical alongside the hatred for Krystal.
Sure, Starfox hasn't had the most games, but it still is counted among one of Nintendo's big game series. Fox was in the original 64, starfox 64 got a remake, the series still receives love. I admit there has been nothing new recently, and there are series in the game that deserve a new rep much more than Starfox. But I feel there's a still a small chance starfox will get a new rep, as krystal (or admittedly slippy, but i don't see why people like him)

3) Your argument on clones. Everything you say about Krystal applies just as much to slippy, except slippy doesn't have a staff. Sure, they could troll again and make Krystal a semi clone of fox. But that's just the thing, there aren't any real clones in Brawl. At the very least, all of the A moves are very different, and more fitting to the character. Sure, I was pissed that wolf had a reflector and a landmaster. But krystal could beat on things with a large stick for her attacks while slippy could... be a frog near people. you say "At most, the staff would give her unique non-Specials like Wolf" . You neglect that Falco also went through such changes. Wolf, Falco, Lucas, Ganon, all the clones may have similar special moves from a visual perspective, but they act very different from a gameplay point of view. you say, At most. I say, At the very least.

4) Really? immature bro. lemme grab a websters. "Circle Jerk” is a slang term referring to the positive feedback loop that can occur when ideas and beliefs are reinforced within a group or subculture’s enclosed space. The phenomenon is typically observed on websites that consists of self-contained forums for specific interests or subcultures.
While this is totally not hypocritical in the slightest, I'm going to accuse you guys of circle jerking the idea of Palutena having any chances for Sm4sh in a thread solely devoted to Ridley's inevitable inclusion in Sm4sh.
I don't understand the brawl board's obsession with Palutena but I think it's circle jerked it's way to popularity.

This was just a component of my original argument, that maybe you guys had put your faces a little too close to the screen and needed to take a breather. sure, I was lazy when I wrote my original post and left it teeming with inaccuracies, but some of those points that you tried to stomp on were solid (THE WORDPLAY MAKE HIM STOP SOLID POINTS BOTH HURT TO STEP AND AND ARE HARD TO ARGUE AGAINST AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

5) Ridley has 100%chance of being in sm4sh or GTFOhAXl337

I would write more but I have 2 midterms an election and a project this week and I need sleeps (BUT SOMEONE WAS WRONG ON THE INTERNET)

I hope if you respond to this post you recognize the differences between sarcasm and actual arguments this time (I know I can be too subtle sometimes) (OH GOD THE IRONY TOO SUBTLE WHEN I EMPHASIZE ALL MY JOKES IN CAPS AND THEN LAUGH AHAHHAAHHAAHAHA THE META HUMOR IN THIS POST ALONE AHHAHAHAAHHAAHAHA)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Should they make Ridley mindless and animalistic or should he be characterized as a schemer?

These are important questions people!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I figure he'll be portrayed as a brutal, bloodthirsty beast. At least as much as they can get away with in Smash.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
honestly have no idea.

why do you keep asking these things? IM NOT SAKURI!!!

*that was a joke*

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Outside the manga, has there ever been a time where Ridley has shown off his Smarts?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Outside the manga, has there ever been a time where Ridley has shown off his Smarts?
Hold up a sec. Let me go searching.....

Aha! Me from another forum. It was me arguing that Ridley is more than just some mindless monster. I think you can kind of get what I'm saying through these, even without knowing what the other guy was saying.

"It can't. But more feelings can be shown. Besides, Ridley doesn't use pure brute strength. It's not his forte. He's crafty and sneaky. This is shown in MP3, Super and Other M. He picks and chooses his battles. He flees when he knows he can't win, picks off weak targets when possible and he SNEAK ATTACKS A LOT!!! Brute strength isn't Ridley's thing. If anything, it's DK's."

"Yes. The fact that Ridley AMBUSHED Samus shows craftiness and sneakiness right there.. If he was some mindless monster as you said, he would have just ran straight for Samus. And Smash bros doesn't necessarily reflect on the canon of each series or should I think that Ike only cares about fighting for his friends? Besides read of all the examples I stated from the Metroid games and the Manga example that BlueLore stated. Ridley is a tricksy fellow."

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not really. Well, playing dead as Little Birdie maybe. And in Super Metroid, fleeing from Samus after defeat with the Metroid aka THE BABY.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hold up a sec. Let me go searching.....

Aha! Me from another forum. It was me arguing that Ridley is more than just some mindless monster. I think you can kind of get what I'm saying through these, even without knowing what the other guy was saying.

"It can't. But more feelings can be shown. Besides, Ridley doesn't use pure brute strength. It's not his forte. He's crafty and sneaky. This is shown in MP3, Super and Other M. He picks and chooses his battles. He flees when he knows he can't win, picks off weak targets when possible and he SNEAK ATTACKS A LOT!!! Brute strength isn't Ridley's thing. If anything, it's DK's."

"Yes. The fact that Ridley AMBUSHED Samus shows craftiness and sneakiness right there.. If he was some mindless monster as you said, he would have just ran straight for Samus. And Smash bros doesn't necessarily reflect on the canon of each series or should I think that Ike only cares about fighting for his friends? Besides read of all the examples I stated from the Metroid games and the Manga example that BlueLore stated. Ridley is a tricksy fellow."
I think it was implied that he built an android of his image (Meta Ridley) before he fought Saamus and died in Zero Mission.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think it was implied that he built an android of his image (Meta Ridley) before he fought Saamus and died in Zero Mission.
You mean Mecha Ridley.

Meta Ridley is Ridley with cybernetic enhancements.

Mecha Ridley is the robot and nothing is ever stated about who made that thing.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My guess is Adam.

All in a plot of revenge cause of Samus questioning his authority.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You mean Mecha Ridley.

Meta Ridley is Ridley with cybernetic enhancements.

Mecha Ridley is the robot and nothing is ever stated about who made that thing.
Right. It is easy to get Mecha and Meta mixed up XD. In terms of his intelligence, he could be smarter than Kraid ( the big brutes are bound to be the stupid ones :troll:) but nowhere near as smart as Mother Brain (who usually plots behind the scenes in early games due to being an organic supercomputer). You'd know something is wrong if a giant brain is smarter than a dragon.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ridley would fit the savage mold nicely in Smash 4.

Metaknight is an emo with a sword, King Dedede is a reformed bully who occasionally slips off the wagon, Gannondorf is evil villain archetype, Wario is Mr. Hyde/Id type with a gluttonous attraction to debauchery, and Bowser is the bully with something to prove.

K. Rool actually has some commonalities with the Joker. Devoid of empathy but finds humorous glee in destruction.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You don't know much about Meta-Knight's character, do you?

D

Deleted member

I cringe every time people misuse the "emo" label.
MK is not even close to emo. You want to talk emo Kirby character, talk Zero/02.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
You seem like everything bothers you. I would label you an emo, but with no sword.

Metaknight seems brooding, he has a blade to cut himself, and is jealous of happy pink people. I say emo.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He's an honor bound knight who's main focus is getting stronger.

Yeah... Not emo at all....

You're trolling though.....

D

Deleted member

You seem like everything bothers you. I would label you an emo, but with no sword.

Metaknight seems brooding, he has a blade to cut himself, and is jealous of happy pink people. I say emo.
I swear, if you're not trolling....

Are you telling me that someone like Mr. Resetti is emo? Because that's who I'm like to be honest with myself (probably explains why I like him).

D

Deleted member

Ridley is clearly emo. :troll:
He's even got a knife-like tail to cut himself.

Top Bottom