• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Since that roundtable is embargo'd, how long does it usually take for such things to be shown to the public?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Assuming that's the embargo time limit. They COULD say two weeks, it could be a week, it could just be until the event ends. We'll never know until it happens.
I know it's under embargo, but who announced that the event was under embargo? I'm just curious as to who it was.

Would you guys really lose hope if Ridley was not revealed today.
I will never lose hope until we know his fate for sure. I see it pretty unlikely that he will be/was revealed tonight, but the apparent embargo made me question that. Life is confusing now on the topic of Ridley.

Never going to give you up, Ridley. Never. (I'll spare you all the Rick Astley reference)

Morbi

Scavenger
Of course not. For the longest time, we have known that we would have to wait until the very last moment, right before the game launches; however, we always seem to delude ourselves into believing that we will get information sooner. Every time an event rolls around, the hype is apparently too much. We just naturally assume it is Ridley's time because Sakurai has meticulously "teased" us for over a year... it is all Sakurai thinks about, he only wants to confuse us Ridley fans. Every single time Smash is uttered... Ridley is at the back of Sakurai's tongue. There is nothing else to reveal regarding Smash. Ridley is everything.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
People like this post? you laugh, but that is my actual condition. That's why I want Ridley revealed soon because pemphigus does that to you slowly and painfully, and I'll probably just be euthinized when it starts happening more rapidly. As much as I want to know Ridley is in smash, once the time comes I'm not waiting any more for a reveal. Dang it Nintendo! Just show him already! Show him as a boss if you must but put this crap to an end!
For those who still don't get it how awful that situation is:

This is just example of how it can look. I once saw a dead goat's already not very pretty looking nearly skinless head getting sliced in 2 pieces, then its brain getting removed without that even making me blink and i also once saw a headless chicken running around while i was a small kid, but THIS looks worse.
It isn't ALWAYS that bad, but who knows what will happen.

Now for something less disturbing:

Singing Ridley. Yeah. I found it somewhere...Now i want to hear him sign.
Nope. Nope until i will se Boss Ridley. THEN it is over.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
In this cartoon, what this cartoon called? Billy and Mandy or Something?
MAD. That was part of episode called "Gaming's Next Top Princess". Includes Ganondorf, Sheik, Zelda, Peach, Mega Man, Mario, Bowser, Ridley, Samus, an old guy who cleans the floor and 2 other more important characters not from video games i don't know.
Here is more Ridley from it:

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
From the sound of that, it sounds like the embargo won't be let up so easily. Unless someone goes against their word, I doubt we'll be hearing anything for a few months at most. But I'm just being pessimistic...
Someone will break their word. Of that, there's no doubt... it's human nature. :evil:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
From the sound of that, it sounds like the embargo won't be let up so easily. Unless someone goes against their word, I doubt we'll be hearing anything for a few months at most. But I'm just being pessimistic...
Ummm... the games releases in Japan in less than 2 weeks, so it would be kind of useless to hold information for that long unless it's something Wii U exclusive, wich as we now, wouldn't be the roster.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
if ridley isnt revealed today... then yes... im giving up hope.

i just cant see why sakurai would try holding him off any longer... whats the point of giving someone else the chance to reveal ridley, when they already know they cant even trust people in their own company?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
why its confirmed embargoed so we will not hear anything till that lifts

im praying it will be a short term

i just cant see why sakurai would try holding him off any longer... whats the point of giving someone else the chance to reveal ridley, when they already know they cant even trust people in their own company?
its embargoed so the pax thing will not be revealed till the embargo is lifted

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I think that it's embargo'd so that they don't pull a pac-man and be anticlimactic, but instead upload a trailer on the smash channel.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

There's an embargo. Giving up hope if he's not revealed today is a bit silly, no? Patience.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
This whole thing is so weird to me. Nintendo's like, "Here's some Smash information! It's super cool, and we have it all ready and prepared for you! But you can't have it. No no no. Maybe later though."

Top Bottom