• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley can take all his enemies at once! Maybe they come 1 by 1 now instead of groups, I mean like the event matches where you had to defeat them all, that way is just 1 vs 1 5 times before healing, but not 3 vs 1 and then 2 vs 1, if you now what I mean xD
It always was 1vs3 unless there was not enough characters. Even if it is 1 by 1, you still have to do that without being able to heal yourself and % is kept between all of those battles.
I think that to keep Ridley from being anticlimatically revealed, they had the signal jammed so people couldn't do info stuffs.
If they have something that can do THAT, then they may reveal something beyond what we wanted...maybe some kind of a Jurassic Park with Ridleys and Kraids in it. It would totally not go horribly wrong.
someone's quote
That quote must have Reggienators instead. Those that will hunt you down and their bodies are ready.

Last edited:

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
If something is publicly revealed soon after this, I'll gladly swallow my words. As it stands, this is such a bad idea it borders on willfully stupid thinking.

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
It always was 1vs3 unless there was not enough characters. Even if it is 1 by 1, you still have to do that without being able to heal yourself and % is kept between all of those battles.
In Melee is started 1 vs 1, then 2 vs 1 and then 3 vs 1, Im just saying now they go in groups of 5 but you fight them 1 n 1 and not healing until done. That isnt crazy and its doable, actually I would find that easier than the actual way xDD

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
If it ends at six over in Seattle, would that mean that it ends in an hour and 45 minutes?

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Guys, you are over thinking this. Clearly Ridley is just there signing a few autographs, and doesn't want a fan storm of people rushing over there. The man has things to do. Nintendo takes the safety of their villains very seriously, just look at Bowser. They relocated him for awhile after that, golf incident. :p

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
If something is publicly revealed soon after this, I'll gladly swallow my words. As it stands, this is such a bad idea it borders on willfully stupid thinking.
Just like Pac-man being revealed on twitter instead of while 400k people were watching the Invitational.

Just like calling the new 3DS model "New 3DS" instead of something actually searchable like oh I don't know, "Super 3DS"?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Come on! I need my Ridley reveal before all my skin dies and falls off and my blood, bones, and inards spill out on the floor in a bloody mess!
People like this post? you laugh, but that is my actual condition. That's why I want Ridley revealed soon because pemphigus does that to you slowly and painfully, and I'll probably just be euthinized when it starts happening more rapidly. As much as I want to know Ridley is in smash, once the time comes I'm not waiting any more for a reveal. Dang it Nintendo! Just show him already! Show him as a boss if you must but put this crap to an end!

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Ok, confession time. I want to tell you all the main reason why I support Ridley for ssb4. I'll put it in spoilers because it might not be a story a lot of people want to know.

Yeah, I think Ridley is cool, and deserves it and all that, but the reason I want him in is more for my brother. He was dead set that Ridley was going to be in brawl, and at the time I was a toobiggot. The last time I ever talked to him, he told me Ridley would definately be in brawl, and I laughed at him and said it would never happen. He then told me "we'll see." and then he left in the car and died in a crash. Later on, I was diagnosed with a disease called Pemphigus. It's not one most people have heard of, so look it up if you must, but I warn you it is fairly disturbing. You all can just say "well, let's just hope he's in smash 5" if he gets deconfirmed, but I will never get to play smash 5. I'll be lucky if I make it to next summer. When this thread convinced me Ridley was viable, I decided I wanted him in for my brother. He never got to see Ridley in smash, and died believing he was already in, and that being the last thing we talked about, I want to see Ridley in smash before I go as well. Ridley in smash isn't a joke to me. That's why I hate smug detractors who simply laugh at the idea and move on, becuase that's the last thing I did with my brother. I laughed and moved on, and it hurts to see others making the same mistake. It's why I hate stupid memes making fun of Ridley fans, why I hate all these tricks and mindgames, and why he is my most wanted character in smash. I want to make sure he's in so I can tell my brother he was right in the afterlife. This is all I want from smash bros. 4. Think of it as a final request of sorts. Here's hoping he finally makes it this time.
I may look like any of the other in this thread who feels sad for you
But it doesn't matter !
Your story moved me so I'll do an exeption and show you my support
Let's believe in Ridley my friend
Smash for ever !!!

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Does embargo mean they can't reveal anything DURING the event, or does it mean they can't reveal anything even after it?

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Ok, confession time. I want to tell you all the main reason why I support Ridley for ssb4. I'll put it in spoilers because it might not be a story a lot of people want to know.

Yeah, I think Ridley is cool, and deserves it and all that, but the reason I want him in is more for my brother. He was dead set that Ridley was going to be in brawl, and at the time I was a toobiggot. The last time I ever talked to him, he told me Ridley would definately be in brawl, and I laughed at him and said it would never happen. He then told me "we'll see." and then he left in the car and died in a crash. Later on, I was diagnosed with a disease called Pemphigus. It's not one most people have heard of, so look it up if you must, but I warn you it is fairly disturbing. You all can just say "well, let's just hope he's in smash 5" if he gets deconfirmed, but I will never get to play smash 5. I'll be lucky if I make it to next summer. When this thread convinced me Ridley was viable, I decided I wanted him in for my brother. He never got to see Ridley in smash, and died believing he was already in, and that being the last thing we talked about, I want to see Ridley in smash before I go as well. Ridley in smash isn't a joke to me. That's why I hate smug detractors who simply laugh at the idea and move on, becuase that's the last thing I did with my brother. I laughed and moved on, and it hurts to see others making the same mistake. It's why I hate stupid memes making fun of Ridley fans, why I hate all these tricks and mindgames, and why he is my most wanted character in smash. I want to make sure he's in so I can tell my brother he was right in the afterlife. This is all I want from smash bros. 4. Think of it as a final request of sorts. Here's hoping he finally makes it this time.
Manly tears were shed. Sorry to hear about your brother. It can be one of the worst things to deal with. Your reasons for wanting Ridley playable greatly outdoes my reason for want him playable. Now I want to see Ridley playable even more because of your back story. Keep your head up and keep on smiling.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
It was not a joke. I want him playable but we're way past the time we should still believe he is.

... Kid.
the funny thing is, im actually quite a bit older than you.

but nice job at trying to NOT prove me wrong when i called you "junior".

also, no, this roundtable thing is the end of the line.

if ridley is not confirmed playable during PAX... THEN he will not be playable, this is the last chance because of the other M anniversary being during PAX.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
the funny thing is, im actually quite a bit older than you.

but nice job at trying to NOT prove me wrong when i called you "junior".

also, no, this roundtable thing is the end of the line.

if ridley is not confirmed playable during PAX... THEN he will not be playable, this is the last chance because of the other M anniversary being during PAX.
I actually don't see that either. Other M anniversary doesn't mean much in the long run.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Just like Pac-man being revealed on twitter instead of while 400k people were watching the Invitational.

Just like calling the new 3DS model "New 3DS" instead of something actually searchable like oh I don't know, "Super 3DS"?
That both gives and takes away hope.

It gives hope because Nintendo does stupid things. Stupid things that don't help marketing. Like revealing Pac-Man in a closed event instead of to a huge in-person and virtual crowd of hyped Smash fans who just finished watching a Smash tournament. So maybe they'll be revealing something in a closed event again.

It takes away hope because Nintendo does stupid things. Stupid things like calling the 3DS upgrade the "New 3DS" instead of "Super 3DS" or "3DS Advance", etc. or calling the Wii's successor the Wii U instead of the "Wii 2" or you know... just something else altogether... Which means that Sakurai might tease Ridley for over a year and then reveal that he's just a glorified stage hazard, because that's what really excites people and they really care so much about it that it was worth it to hype it up for a year and then crush the hopes of all the fans of one of the most requested characters. Yeah.

At this point I'm not expecting Ridley much at all.

I give him... 20% chance of being playable.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
We're getting Ridley today
Shulk only helps his chances, it doesn't hurt.

What's that? "Two newcomers in one day?" you say.
Shulk was on the japanese direct early this morning, with the english trailer shortly uploaded
Shulk is one of Japan's favorites

Ridley is one of our favorites and can be revealed at pax.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
You don't think he could be a secret character? Previous games had quite a few secrets (not announced pre-release). I think Ridley being a secret character is pretty likely, but that's just my opinion.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527

I don't know why, but I feel like this song is pretty apt for Ridley right now, playable (preferably) or not.

(Shut up, it's Ridley's theme now, he ate the Unleashed Sonic)

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
It is showing characters from Sep 1985-Aug 1986.

It cannot be showing from Jan 1985, since ROB debuted in Jul 1985. It cannot be showing until Dec 1985, since The Legend of Zelda and Metroid released in 1986. It cannot be showing until Dec 1986, because Kid Icarus released in Dec 1986.

This is not a question of what it's showing. We know that it's only showing Peach, Bowser, Link, Zelda and Samus.

I don't know what point you're trying to make.
That's the point. You're assuming it can't possibly be January to January. If it is? Then it's quite fishy that ROB isn't there. I'll admit your stuff could be a possibility but so is the train of thought that there were just too many 85-86 releases. If we assume ZSS shows up for Zero Missions year, why can't we assume Roidley's Other M appearance is when he'll show up in All Star mode?

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
You are heretics and should be ashamed of yourself! Lord Ridley despises traitors! How can you lose faith now after one **** year xDDDDD? Even if he wasnt revealed today/this event that means nothing

Am I the only on who never loses hype or hope here o_o ? xDDDD *Pterodactyl scream here*

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So what your saying is the information being given won't get out to the rest of us till after the game launches? Well that's just stupid...
Assuming that's the embargo time limit. They COULD say two weeks, it could be a week, it could just be until the event ends. We'll never know until it happens.

Would you guys really lose hope if Ridley was not revealed today.
No, the only thing that would do it is Sakurai directly disconfirming Ridley. Even if Ridley's not available as an unlockable in the Japanese 3DS game, I'll just assume he's a delayed unlock to hype up the Wii U game or the 3DS western release or something.

Just a reminder, ComiCon and Gamecom, that is all.
Neither of which had a closed doors event at them. This is unique.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Ridley tease was spotted in the Shulk Trailer.
At the end a BIG shadow loomed over Shulk. I know this isn't Ridley but this must mean something... Right?

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Ridley tease was spotted in the Shulk Trailer.
At the end a BIG shadow loomed over Shulk. I know this isn't Ridley but this must mean something... Right?
While it does seem like a thing, it's a coincidence to me personally. Metal Face was a pretty mysterious dude in the original game, they could just be trying to portray that in the trailer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom