• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I am so happy to see most of you guys so optimistic! =) when I saw that portion of the direct I literally said god dammit out loud lol. Ofcourse I am very thankful to you all for bringing some very solid points to the table in Ridley's favor! I hope more than anything else that he get confirmed as a newcome JUST for your support and patients! cheers! =)

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
Because of recent occurrences, I've decided that instead of Ridley a new tag team character titled "Big Bosses" would be more fitting. The tag team consists of Ridley and Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid. Big Boss will ride Ridley for better mobility. Having both characters will allow for more moveset possibilities, and will better balance the cast. Here is a demonstration of my vision.
Big Bosses.png

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Lolol, found this on tumblr:

If Samus has to look Silly, then so should Ridley.

Oh my goodness AngelGlory continues to be the best to no one's surprise. My favorite part is Metal Gear ROY though, lol.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Welp, my scanner's driver broke again, so I can't show off my totally awesome drawings for now-

Oh god, my sides, I can't stop laughing.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Metal Gear ROY...

Sometimes I wonder if you are even a human. You just exceed every level of awesome any human could possibly reach.

BTW I also noted the "MARTH" on his leg. Pfffft.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Just draw/drew Rioidley`s (maaaybe)/Roidley`s head and neck:

(Maybe) Its not as good as AndreaAC`s sketches, but i tried.
I wasn`t drawing him since 8th grade...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
Lolol, found this on tumblr:

If Samus has to look Silly, then so should Ridley.

Oh my goodness AngelGlory continues to be the best to no one's surprise. My favorite part is Metal Gear ROY though, lol.
thread just reached it's climax

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the simple solution is that Ridley's SHADOW is the stage hazard.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Like Dark Samus and Dark Link is opponents in Brawl? I mean just a purely black recolor of the playable character...that would be a good idea...
I was thinking more like Peter Pan

Ridley wasn't looking one day and his shadow escaped him

Now he has entered the smash arena to track it down

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
one thing that hurts ridley is it seems gliding is out, would that be one of his main things?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
one thing that hurts ridley is it seems gliding is out, would that be one of his main things?
Yes...if you meant that "if there is no gliding in ssb4, then would it be one of Ridley`s main abilities (or something like that)" or "if there is no gliding in ssb4, then would it make ridley worse".

And i think i should post another drawing soon...maybe...why not?..?..?..?..

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Not really I think the only time we ever saw Ridley gliding was in Metroid Prime, pretty comprehensible since most of the Ridley fights take place indoor, limiting his aerial mobility.
To be honest I'm more scared about Mario's new fireballs.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Was just looking at Mega Man's Final Smash and was thinking how cool would it be if Ridley got something simular. All his forms attacking at once.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2...final_smash__ssb4__by_subzero0246-d7dp9ij.jpg

I know your always looking for idea's AndreaAC so that might be a really cool thing to draw. lol Be neat to see little NES Ridley there with all those big Ridley's.
xD i had thought the same about the Ridley's Final Smash being like Mega man's, well now i have an excuse to give Omega another try...even if im still with fear...but let's see how it comes out!

@BaganSmashBros IT LOOKS AWESOME! GOD, i mean i draw Brawl Ridley most of the time, i could never make Roidley look that AWESOME! and it is just the head! :3 congratulations!

@Ridley_Prime I think that is why im glad Ridley does not get humanized that often...

Last edited:

Jigglypuff & Luma

Smash Cadet
This is only one case. We don't really know that, yet. If Palutena isn't playable, then he sure as hell jerked us around there, too.

Also, if you watch the direct, there are quite a few assist trophies from brawl shown that hadn't been deconfirmed as characters yet (samurai gorah, starfy, Lyn),but those weren't really speculated to be playable. However, a few that have better chances (think isaac) weren't shown.

We just don't know enough to make such sweeping statements
Samurai Goroh, Starfy and Lyn were all shown as assist trophies

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I don't personally care if Ridley makes Smash 4 or not but I'm also of the view that there was something fishy with that part of the Direct. Or, to be frank, it was kind of troll. Like the Palutena part.

So I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get another Direct where Sakurai is all like "hey look, the stage boss was Meta Ridley, and actually Ridley is playable".

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So something i noticed in the Direct was during the custom movesets section- It looked like Kirby's inhale was the Ice Climbers' Blizzard. Maybe that means Mario's fire balls weren't actually Mario's- maybe it was Ridley's? Just a thought....

Chase

Smash Ace
So something i noticed in the Direct was during the custom movesets section- It looked like Kirby's inhale was the Ice Climbers' Blizzard. Maybe that means Mario's fire balls weren't actually Mario's- maybe it was Ridley's? Just a thought....
It looked more like PK Freeze to me. Maybe you can modify the element of your attack?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I always imagined Ridleys neutral B would be a slow homing fireball, so when I saw that I thought something similar.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Top Bottom