• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The latter honestly sounds more realistic. This whole idealized vision of Star Fox team chemistry is basically what I've seen from any other cheesy heroic fantasy: teams that always get along and never fight. I would never expect that sort of thing from a group of mercenaries to be honest and I like happy endings as much as anyone.
It's a game about space furries fighting Evil Monkey heads, Dinosaurs and Moths. Realism isn't what I look for in a Star Fox game. Unless it would involve Slippy getting eaten.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Command's story focus always felt off to me. The whole idea was "Star Fox has saved the day. But danger looms over the horizon. Be ready or the next mission heroes!" Not "Fox, your leadership sucks so much the freaking robot took his ship and went home."
Another thing that people didn't like or felt was off was some of the character designs. All the girls were either pink or wore pink but Katt. How does Katt go from being a pink cat to a black one? Speaking of pink Krystal stopped wearing blue but randomly changed outfit colors? Oh well, command is in the past now. At least she wore a Cornerian jacket in that game.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
It's a game about space furries fighting Evil Monkey heads, Dinosaurs and Moths. Realism isn't what I look for in a Star Fox game. Unless it would involve Slippy getting eaten.
Only a dash of realism is what we were presented with from day one. If it's really not meant to be taken seriously, why would you lop off the legs of the pilots to prevent them from passing out at high speeds? Nintendo set the tempo from the beginning. I'm only encouraging them to take it a step further and to give us characters with real personalities and emotions. This whole Mitch and Clem puppet pals thing is the reason people say Star Fox characters have no personality. If that's what you're comfortable with and what you like, more power to you. I personally prefer anything resembling actual conversations and interactions.
Speaking of pink Krystal stopped wearing blue but randomly changed outfit colors? Oh well, command is in the past now. At least she wore a Cornerian jacket in that game.
I loooove pink, but I think Krystal pulls off blue better. I don't know what it is about her design, but I never thought pink was her best color.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of that leg thing, I wonder if they consciously decided to retcon that or after Rare didn't get the memo for Adventures they just decided to quietly drop it.

Maybe Krystal and her Sandals would have made it look weird.

"I want to join your team, Fox."
"Slippy, get the bonesaw!"
"On second thoughts..."

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if they still did have metal legs, then like a month later someone makes G-Diffusers so they wouldn't need the metal legs

About 4 or 5 years ago i remember questioning why Krystal legs looked normal compared to everyone elses

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I am! I know I'm calm right now, but when there's a major announcement around the corner, my heart will skip a beat. It's awful. I don't know whether to be excited or worried during these times.

"Muh villain" quota-filling fans, here you go. I give you Kursed. :troll:
Eh, honestly, at first I found Kursed to be cool, but after seeing a DeviantArtist's rants on Kursed (being that the Kursed persona was a cowardly way for Krystal to cope with the backlash on cheating on Fox and rejecting his apology in the Kursed ending), I started liking it less.

Don't forget giant anglerfish (which anthro-fish transform into). :p

Last edited by a moderator:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Eh, honestly, at first I found Kursed to be cool, but after seeing a DeviantArtist's rants on Kursed (being that the Kursed persona was a cowardly way for Krystal to cope with the backlash on cheating on Fox and rejecting his apology in the Kursed ending), I started liking it less.
I dislike edgy anti-hero interpretations of my favorite characters. I understand they have their audience and it's a tried and true formula, but it never really took off for me. I do agree with that artist, however. Running away from everything and changing your identity to some extent is a cowardly way to deal with your problems. :)

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I'm probably gonna get into trouble for this one, but I felt like making fun of someone just for reminding me too much of Tom Preston.
WVW69idLjSMqjinVxo.png

Other than that, here's a couple others.
WVW69idCUwE_3j5i-U.png

WVW69idCC5sgO7B2s1.png

I was actually being a smart ass with this one, wanted to see if that same person would get angry over that.

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
Someone just posted this in the K. Rool thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro6XBhHUOFg&list=PL2JiZAV5BmDWBhiSAxx6WR5sle9fhPHgV&index=13

In addition to the Mii costume video, the Smash Brothers playlist has a private video. What could it mean?
I think that you're actually onto something. Considering the dates of the video playlist it should have been posted sometime between August 29 and October 5. Best guess would be that it released alongside the October 5th video which of course is the wave four of Mii costumes. I wholeheartedly believe that is a character reveal video that has been developed and is ready for release. The question now is when and who could it be? Hopefully a dual-release video like Lucina and Robin.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman

Demented Dex

Smash Cadet
Only a dash of realism is what we were presented with from day one. If it's really not meant to be taken seriously, why would you lop off the legs of the pilots to prevent them from passing out at high speeds? Nintendo set the tempo from the beginning. I'm only encouraging them to take it a step further and to give us characters with real personalities and emotions. This whole Mitch and Clem puppet pals thing is the reason people say Star Fox characters have no personality. If that's what you're comfortable with and what you like, more power to you. I personally prefer anything resembling actual conversations and interactions.

I loooove pink, but I think Krystal pulls off blue better. I don't know what it is about her design, but I never thought pink was her best color.
I absolutely love your Dexter's Lab reference.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Lolz XD!!!! This has become my favorite thread to go to every day. The amusement here never stops and the randomness is always a plus in my book.

Nonetheless, on a more serious note is anyone here besides me getting anxious waiting for new info on who the next DLC characters are going to be? I know I am because the suspense/ hype is killing me.
I feel the same way as you. I'm also wondering who will be the next characters for DLC. Part of me thinks that Wolf may end up being one of the three and I am still keeping my fingers crossed for Krystal as one of the newcomer DLC.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Lolz XD!!!! This has become my favorite thread to go to every day. The amusement here never stops and the randomness is always a plus in my book.

Nonetheless, on a more serious note is anyone here besides me getting anxious waiting for new info on who the next DLC characters are going to be? I know I am because the suspense/ hype is killing me.
Well I'm really only anxious to find out if Krystal gets in, after all she's the only one I care about. But I am a bit anxious to see the reactions people will have to those who get in (mainly the idea of being covered in salt).

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm really only anxious to find out if Krystal gets in, after all she's the only one I care about. But I am a bit anxious to see the reactions people will have to those who get in (mainly the idea of being covered in salt).
I've come to realized that the internet is like a giant ocean and the people on it are salt. That's why things like YouTube, Twitter, and other social medias are still around. They are the fish of the internet. Krystal will cause a tremendous amount of salt keeping everyone one of these websites alive. So everyone should be thankful to our future savior that is Krystal

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I've come to realized that the internet is like a giant ocean and the people on it are salt. That's why things like YouTube, Twitter, and other social medias are still around. They are the fish of the internet. Krystal will cause a tremendous amount of salt keeping everyone one of these websites alive. So everyone should be thankful to our future savior that is Krystal
Well not everyone necessarily cares for Krystal, meaning that I don't think that much hate will be on her if she is announced.
The only ones who will cry about it most likely, are the people who already have issues with her for whatever reason and those (if Wolf doesn't return) who will feel like she replaced Wolf.
How I see it is that people will get mad at the devs and Sakurai for not including the character they wanted, but of course some of them will start attacking those who got what they wanted and bash the characters that got in, it's unavoidable.
These types of people are just pure ignorant and don't know, nor do they wan't to know, how things work and that's why they will just b*tch and moan about everything.
You can easily see it from the amount of hate the clone characters in smash 4 get (Lucina, Dr.Mario and Dark Pit) and how they think those should have been just costumes. They somehow think that if they were costumes, there could've been another character that wasn't a clone, even though no one in the dev team has ever said anything like that. The clone characters were added as a quick bonus, they didn't replace anything, so this thought that "they should've been just costumes" is ridiculous. Why in the hell do you want less? It's like saying "someone gave me 3 dollars even though I only needed 2... what a f*cking *sshole!". -.-

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Well not everyone necessarily cares for Krystal, meaning that I don't think that much hate will be on her if she is announced.
The only ones who will cry about it most likely, are the people who already have issues with her for whatever reason and those (if Wolf doesn't return) who will feel like she replaced Wolf.
How I see it is that people will get mad at the devs and Sakurai for not including the character they wanted, but of course some of them will start attacking those who got what they wanted and bash the characters that got in, it's unavoidable.
These types of people are just pure ignorant and don't know, nor do they wan't to know, how things work and that's why they will just b*tch and moan about everything.
You can easily see it from the amount of hate the clone characters in smash 4 get (Lucina, Dr.Mario and Dark Pit) and how they think those should have been just costumes. They somehow think that if they were costumes, there could've been another character that wasn't a clone, even though no one in the dev team has ever said anything like that. The clone characters were added as a quick bonus, they didn't replace anything, so this thought that "they should've been just costumes" is ridiculous. Why in the hell do you want less? It's like saying "someone gave me 3 dollars even though I only needed 2... what a f*cking *sshole!". -.-
I see clones as free dlc. They are characters that were added at the end of development in a short time just for fans.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I see clones as free dlc. They are characters that were added at the end of development in a short time just for fans.
Exactly, it was extra that was fast and easy to add, why would people want to get them as costumes when you can have them as fighters, meaning more content. It's just so dumb and silly to me.
It shows how some are ignorant about it and don't seem to realize that it was this stuff for free, or nothing.

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
I love your work, Alfore!

Touching on a topic from a bit ago, Commands greatest sin for me was destroying Fox and Krystals's character to insert drama. As someone said earlier, they really weren't themselves in that game.

Well, now that the ballet is over, we get to play the waiting game.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Hello everyone. I've always been a huge Starfox fan since the SNES era and now just wanted to contribute to the thread I was lurking in and enjoyed my stay the last few weeks as a guest. I supported Krystal, Wolf and Amaterasu during the ballot, too. Especially in Miiverse from the early beginning of the smash community. I might be jumping on the train a bit late but here are some of my "Vote for Krystal" pics I did during that time.

As you can see I imagine her outfit to be a mix of her appearances so far (including the starfox-esque flight jacket).

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone. I've always been a huge Starfox fan since the SNES era and now just wanted to contribute to the thread I was lurking in and enjoyed my stay the last few weeks as a guest. I supported Krystal, Wolf and Amaterasu during the ballot, too. Especially in Miiverse from the early beginning of the smash community. I might be jumping on the train a bit late but here are some of my "Vote for Krystal" pics I did during that time.

As you can see I imagine her outfit to be a mix of her appearances so far (including the starfox-esque flight jacket).
I love that design, it looks great and it's something I haven't thought or seen yet, great job! Also, welcome! :D

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Thanks a lot. I always try to do a new design when drawing certain characters. Makes it more special. Also, really looking forward to celebrate with you guys once she's part of the roster ;)

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot. I always try to do a new design when drawing certain characters. Makes it more special. Also, really looking forward to celebrate with you guys once she's part of the roster ;)
Fingers crossed ;D. I shall provide the champagne while the krystal~ shall bring the confetti and some haters shall bring some salty snacks for us. :3

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Alright, just bring enough to get all the salt down. I don't know if I can handle all that salt, otherwise. Oh, speaking of haters salt, this Fox McCloud guy over at Miiverse...Interestingly enough I actually remember him yeahing some of the "Vote for Krystal" posts I made...

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Alright, just bring enough to get all the salt down. I don't know if I can handle all that salt, otherwise. Oh, speaking of haters salt, this Fox McCloud guy over at Miiverse...Interestingly enough I actually remember him yeahing some of the "Vote for Krystal" posts I made...
You sure it wasn't some other guy?

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Neither do I. But that's Miiverse for ya...
You mean the internet :p.
At least we don't have to listen that kind of stuff around here. ;o This is where all the fun is happening 8D, and parties if certain vixen comes to visit in a certain game.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Well, that's why I'm here ;) Although it's kinda fun to mess with these guys once in a while. You know, crushing certain arguments and as a result getting blocked when there's no other way for them left xD

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's why I'm here ;) Although it's kinda fun to mess with these guys once in a while. You know, crushing certain arguments and as a result getting blocked when there's no other way for them left xD
That's of course fun too ;D, better would be to see their faces when Krystal would be announced. But at least we get the salt shower as a secondary reward. ;o

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Yeah, although I'd already be satisfied to finally get a newcomer I actually wanted... Oh, btw, has there already been a discussion about what her stats would be? Like weight, speed, strength, etc.? I've seen quite a lot moveset ideas around the internet but nothing regarding that matter.

Top Bottom