• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I can corroborate that. I actually followed the link to Ms. Glidewell's Twitter, and it's there.

Shame that didn't get the same attention as when people involved with Shantae, Shovel Knight, or Banjo & Kazooie showed support, huh?

Not knocking those characters. Just pointing out the dichotomy there.
It is, but I can't be surprised. Every community has its main rooting interests and if you're a third party supporter, you'd be looking for these kinds of things to stand out anyway. Lord knows your character will need it with all the third party votes the ballot was likely inundated with.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I mean if Jordan himself got that response, i'm willing to bet that he and his fans retweeted it, so it's something either way. The people who're so focused on those indie characters are people who imo want to ruin the game, this isnt saying like "how dare you support them instead of mine", but rather why not focus on Nintendo characters or 3rd parties who're within the same position as who've been added (Simon).

If Konami, Shonen Jump, Cartoon Network, Sony, and the few who made those Smash clones, then it shouldnt be too hard for someone to do the same thing. Wayforward at one point almost made their own, so why is it so hard to do it now when you could easily prevent catastrophe?

I've said it before, but allowing even just one indie character would result in a situation that'd practically ruin the series entirely, it'd annoy Nintendo and Sakurai to the point where he'd probably forbid em, like when moments after Snake was first announced, Sakurai was bombarded with anime suggestions. He soon made the rules after that only characters who originated as a video game was allowed and that they had to of been on any Nintendo system at least once. It was even confirmed from sakurai in an interview not long ago that the Miis were thrown in this game to stop this sort of thing, and nobody even realized it. It's why i'm opposed to indies, it's not that I dont like em, it's just they have no place in the game, though ironically I wouldnt care if they had a trophy since Gaijin Games got one, but they should not be allowed to have a playable character, even a costume shouldn't be a thing, but my opinion on that might be different.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I mean if Jordan himself got that response, i'm willing to bet that he and his fans retweeted it, so it's something either way. The people who're so focused on those indie characters are people who imo want to ruin the game, this isnt saying like "how dare you support them instead of mine", but rather why not focus on Nintendo characters or 3rd parties who're within the same position as who've been added (Simon).

If Konami, Shonen Jump, Cartoon Network, Sony, and the few who made those Smash clones, then it shouldnt be too hard for someone to do the same thing. Wayforward at one point almost made their own, so why is it so hard to do it now when you could easily prevent catastrophe?

I've said it before, but allowing even just one indie character would result in a situation that'd practically ruin the series entirely, it'd annoy Nintendo and Sakurai to the point where he'd probably forbid em, like when moments after Snake was first announced, Sakurai was bombarded with anime suggestions. He soon made the rules after that only characters who originated as a video game was allowed and that they had to of been on any Nintendo system at least once. It was even confirmed from sakurai in an interview not long ago that the Miis were thrown in this game to stop this sort of thing, and nobody even realized it. It's why i'm opposed to indies, it's not that I dont like em, it's just they have no place in the game, though ironically I wouldnt care if they had a trophy since Gaijin Games got one, but they should not be allowed to have a playable character, even a costume shouldn't be a thing, but my opinion on that might be different.
I re-tweeted it out to all of my 8 followers to see. Lol! And I somewhat agree with you about the indie characters and me and a friend are interested in making our own Smash Fan-game but we haven't really decided on it.

Anyway. I just finished the last day of the Convention I was going to and it was really fun which is why I wasn't on here that much but at night for a little bit. I got this great picture commissioned for my best friend and I which we love very much!

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I think the reason why most companies prefer not to make their own Smash fighter is because it would just get bashed for ripping of Smash Bros. itself. A part of the reason why PSASBR got so much hate.

Not saying it is a bad solution but Smash Bros. seems to bee the root of every all-star fighting game. Even games with completely different gameplay such as J-Stars Victory Vs. are accused of ripping off Smash Bros. It starting to annoy me a bit.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I think the reason why most companies prefer not to make their own Smash fighter is because it would just get bashed for ripping of Smash Bros. itself. A part of the reason why PSASBR got so much hate.

Not saying it is a bad solution but Smash Bros. seems to bee the root of every all-star fighting game. Even games with completely different gameplay such as J-Stars Victory Vs. are accused of ripping off Smash Bros. It starting to annoy me a bit.
I don't see why it would matter. If anything, I want there to be more PSASBR's to light a fire under Nintendo and to break the illusion that they have a monopoly over this kinda game. The last thing I want Smash to become is a glorified, shallow marketing platform. Competition breeds excellence!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
. The last thing I want Smash to become is a glorified, shallow marketing platform.
Only problem is that's EXACTLY what PSASBR became. It's here we see the fallout to Sony relying on third part exclusives in the heydays. All the characters that the general public would consider Playstation 1 Mascots are owned by different companies. Crash: stuck in Activision's trashcan, Spyro: was used as a marketing gimmick for toys to life and is now stuck there, Lara Croft: the choice was delay the game for the reboot to come out or not at all, Cloud: it's Square.

And of the ones that did make it all were more adverts for upcoming games rather than celebrations of their series. Raiden was Revengencanceful, Heitchi was young and Dante... You now the rest. At least the Bioshock guys had the sense to see that the Big Daddy was the series icon rather than forcing Booker or Songbird. Even then we got no Rapture stage.

Credit where it's due though at least all but Dante had classic costumes.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Only problem is that's EXACTLY what PSASBR became. It's here we see the fallout to Sony relying on third part exclusives in the heydays. All the characters that the general public would consider Playstation 1 Mascots are owned by different companies. Crash: stuck in Activision's trashcan, Spyro: was used as a marketing gimmick for toys to life and is now stuck there, Lara Croft: the choice was delay the game for the reboot to come out or not at all, Cloud: it's Square.

And of the ones that did make it all were more adverts for upcoming games rather than celebrations of their series. Raiden was Revengencanceful, Heitchi was young and Dante... You now the rest. At least the Bioshock guys had the sense to see that the Big Daddy was the series icon rather than forcing Booker or Songbird. Even then we got no Rapture stage.

Credit where it's due though at least all but Dante had classic costumes.
Would have rather had Solid Snake in PSASBR, though if any franchise deserved two PSASBR reps, it's Metal Gear

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Would have rather had Solid Snake in PSASBR, though if any franchise deserved two PSASBR reps, it's Metal Gear
They had to cut Snake to make room for Evil Pink Gold Fat Princess.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Do you guys really think she should wear a jacket? :l I have no problem with adding one on her for my moveset video but I actually like her not having one xD But you guys are her fans and since I wanna do my best to represent Krystal in the upcoming vid, I wanna take into consideration what you guys say.:) I'll just rip it off of Fox like I did his helmet here (but made it pink) and make it sleeveless. ^-^ But If I add a jacket I feel like it'd be weird for her arms to be covered by her suit.. I guess I could make her suit sleeveless as well and expose her tattoos that she had in adventures. :3
Krystalwip.png

I wanted to do better on the eyes but I decided to leave em alone xD I even wanted to break apart her fingers but no one will really pay close attention to that cause the video is about moveset potential not-Hey look at what I did and every little detail!! 8D xD The video wont look too great but good enough. :) I'm hoping xD

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys really think she should wear a jacket? :l I have no problem with adding one on her for my moveset video but I actually like her not having one xD But you guys are her fans and since I wanna do my best to represent Krystal in the upcoming vid, I wanna take into consideration what you guys say.:) I'll just rip it off of Fox like I did his helmet here (but made it pink) and make it sleeveless. ^-^ But If I add a jacket I feel like it'd be weird for her arms to be covered by her suit.. I guess I could make her suit sleeveless as well and expose her tattoos that she had in adventures. :3View attachment 76616
I wanted to do better on the eyes but I decided to leave em alone xD I even wanted to break apart her fingers but no one will really pay close attention to that cause the video is about moveset potential not-Hey look at what I did and every little detail!! 8D xD The video wont look too great but good enough. :) I'm hoping xD
The jacket would be cool, but for a moveset animation/video I don't think it's necessary. If you find it better to work without it then you should do just that. After all it's supposed to be about her moves and not how she should looks. :)

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr

True. Even the thought of Shovel Knight to be in Smash would probably make Sakurai go against it since he is an indie character after all. Yes it is true that he did originated from a video game and that he is a popular character. But is he even that popular in Japan? That's the main concern there. Because the Smash series not only targets the Japanese audience, but the Western audience as well.

Desert Croc Desert Croc

I agree. PSASBR isn't the only game that has its flaws as well that rips off Smash, but even that Ninja Turtles beat-em up game if I'm not mistaken that came out back in '09 I believe which somehow copies off Smash.

Krayon Kaphonie Krayon Kaphonie

For your pic, it'd be nice to give her a flight jacket just for some cosmetic appeal to it. So far it looks great. ^^

Speaking of that, I found this online that you guys may want to see

Now that the ballot is over, wonder when are they going to announce the next pack that has the DLC characters themselves this time around. Could it be sometime by the end of this year or starting sometime early next year?

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Part of me is going to be sad when the winner(s) of the ballot is/are revealed.

All it takes is one character to cause a salt storm and i don't want to be around that, but if it's Krystal I'll just stay here with you guys

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Part of me is going to be sad when the winner(s) of the ballot is/are revealed.

All it takes is one character to cause a salt storm and i don't want to be around that, but if it's Krystal I'll just stay here with you guys
You don't like salt storms? saur, you're missing out? Bring an umbrella and try not to get lifted off your feet by the intense gust of angry. It's fun.

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
You don't like salt storms? saur, you're missing out? Bring an umbrella and try not to gift lifted off your feet by the intense gust of angry. It's fun.
Seeing salt storms reminds me that people can't have opinions online.

And its hard to enjoy it when i have no fries!

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Seeing salt storms reminds me that people can't have opinions online.

And its hard to enjoy it when i have no fries!
If Krystal gets announced then I'll be dancing in the backrounds while everyone else would be spewing salt everywhere. I might also be sprinkling some gas from a gas canister at the nonsensical haters.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Its times like these where you see that everyone around is trying to accomplish something. We tried our best and hopefully our hard work pays off. Makes me happy to be part of this community, until the salty haters come in.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Its times like these where you see that everyone around is trying to accomplish something. We tried our best and hopefully our hard work pays off. Makes me happy to be part of this community, until the salty haters come in.
Well I doubt they're coming here, since I think it's part of the rules to be civil here (at least I hope so...). But anywhere else, yeah, the moment the first ballot character who gets announced it's going to be a bit of a ****storm. Maybe not for K Rool that much since he's everyones waifu, but any other character will get a lot of hate.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If Krystal gets announced then I'll be dancing in the backrounds while everyone else would be spewing salt everywhere. I might also be sprinkling some gas from a gas canister at the nonsensical haters.
The salt will serve as my impromptu confetti.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Its times lik
Well I doubt they're coming here, since I think it's part of the rules to be civil here (at least I hope so...). But anywhere else, yeah, the moment the first ballot character who gets announced it's going to be a bit of a ****storm. Maybe not for K Rool that much since he's everyones waifu, but any other character will get a lot of hate.
If the first character announced is someone other than King K. Rool or Dixie then i can see people acting uncivilized, but characters are normally announced together so I'm not worried.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Is it safe for me to say that we're all potatoes?

Cause apparently everyone here wants someone's salt all over them

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Why didn't i join this thread earlier, you people are so weird that i love it

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Why didn't i join this thread earlier, you people are so weird that i love it
We aren't weird at all, maybe just everyone else is? 0.O I mean we do talk about things that everyone has in their minds always. Riiiiiiiiiiiight???

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Lolz XD!!!! This has become my favorite thread to go to every day. The amusement here never stops and the randomness is always a plus in my book.

Nonetheless, on a more serious note is anyone here besides me getting anxious waiting for new info on who the next DLC characters are going to be? I know I am because the suspense/ hype is killing me.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Lolz XD!!!! This has become my favorite thread to go to every day. The amusement here never stops and the randomness is always a plus in my book.

Nonetheless, on a more serious note is anyone here besides me getting anxious waiting for new info on who the next DLC characters are going to be? I know I am because the suspense/ hype is killing me.
I am! I know I'm calm right now, but when there's a major announcement around the corner, my heart will skip a beat. It's awful. I don't know whether to be excited or worried during these times.
"Muh villain" quota-filling fans, here you go. I give you Kursed. :troll:

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm reminded about the depressing endings in Command xD, nearly every ending made me feel a bit sad. Then of to the next ending hoping for something better! Noooope.
Luckily the last ending I got was honestly the best so at least it left me with a warm feeling, even though the whole journey was depressing xD.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Now I'm reminded about the depressing endings in Command xD, nearly every ending made me feel a bit sad. Then of to the next ending hoping for something better! Noooope.
Luckily the last ending I got was honestly the best so at least it left me with a warm feeling, even though the whole journey was depressing xD.
The only thing i didn't really like about Command, besides the depressing endings, were that some characters were out of character. Falco was still Falco , Wolf was still a respectable rival, but Fox and Krystal weren't themselves.

I just hope we get an Assault sequel someday. Assault had wonderful voice acting, great story, really addictive multiplayer, outstanding graphics and cut scenes, and a lovable cast.
Plus if Assault ever gets a sequel or remake hopefully i can finally here something other than Smash 4's nerdy Fox and emotionless Falco.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Command's story focus always felt off to me. The whole idea was "Star Fox has saved the day. But danger looms over the horizon. Be ready or the next mission heroes!" Not "Fox, your leadership sucks so much the freaking robot took his ship and went home."

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Command's story focus always felt off to me. The whole idea was "Star Fox has saved the day. But danger looms over the horizon. Be ready or the next mission heroes!" Not "Fox, your leadership sucks so much the freaking robot took his ship and went home."
The latter honestly sounds more realistic. This whole idealized vision of Star Fox team chemistry is basically what I've seen from any other cheesy heroic fantasy: teams that always get along and never fight. I would never expect that sort of thing from a group of mercenaries to be honest and I like happy endings as much as anyone.

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
So I don't know if anybody has looked yet, but they finally took down the ballot link on their site. Not that it means much, but at least it's something.

Top Bottom