• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Sorry if I offended any of you again, but I was really shocked when I saw the Fox support thread one day. Composed of 95% DLC ads, 4% "Don't vote for Krystal", 1% of regular, ACTUAL supports (And some jokes too, but they're still good).
ONLY 95%? That is a problem. :surprised:

I love seeing the Krystal and Wolf ads. It shows me the fanbase is actively engaged in making their character happen and I can't hate against that. Since you've got a problem with this sort of thing, I think your best option is to contact Nintendo. If you don't have a Miiverse account, e-mail them. Let them know that these advertisements are ruining your fun and you need them TORN DOWN IMMEDIATELY! Complaining to the communities isn't going to do anything and I think you know this.

inafter I argued with you

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

I love seeing the Krystal and Wolf ads. It shows me the fanbase is actively engaged in making their character happen and I can't hate against that. Since you've got a problem with this sort of thing, I think your best option is to contact Nintendo. If you don't have a Miiverse account, e-mail them. Let them know that these advertisements are ruining your fun and you need them TORN DOWN IMMEDIATELY! Complaining to the communities isn't going to do anything and I think you know this.u
The more we get the word out, the more potential votes we get

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
If Logo doesn't like it, well then he doesn't have to play on the Miiverse stage, There are plenty of other stages that he can play on
Again, when there's something that doesn't belong to a place in the first place, saying "just don't go there" doesn't really work.

I love seeing the Krystal and Wolf ads. It shows me the fanbase is actively engaged in making their character happen and I can't hate against that. Since you've got a problem with this sort of thing, I think your best option is to contact Nintendo. If you don't have a Miiverse account, e-mail them. Let them know that these advertisements are ruining your fun and you need them TORN DOWN IMMEDIATELY! Complaining to the communities isn't going to do anything and I think you know this.

inafter I argued with you
Sure, character love. But that doesn't mean they need to, like, flood the whole community with advertisements. It's like someone love a Sports star so much he tries to vandalize everyone's other sport star's home with something about the one he likes.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Logo12 is clearly not a Krystal supporter. I know you only want Wolf back in but we all in this thread want him back too and those in the Wolf support thread also probably make miiverse posts for voting campaigns so might as well tell them to stop too, huh?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Logo12 is clearly not a Krystal supporter. I know you only want Wolf back in but we all in this thread want him back too and those in the Wolf support thread also probably make miiverse posts for voting campaigns so might as well tell them to stop too, huh?
He's kinda being a hypocrite

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
Again, when there's something that doesn't belong to a place in the first place, saying "just don't go there" doesn't really work.

Sure, character love. But that doesn't mean they need to, like, flood the whole community with advertisements. It's like someone love a Sports star so much he tries to vandalize everyone's other sport star's home with something about the one he likes.
Im sure if you saw support for your character you wouldnt have a problem now would we? ;)

Observing you for the most part, you have alot of beef with krystal. People are supporting characters you dont like. Deal with it. I have been since Early melee/brawl spec.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Can't say I didn't.
The response was something like Dark Pit said, "it can't stop. Deal with it" and the topic changed quickly again.
The only thing is that since the topic here has been Miiverse stuff for quite a while, so I just dropped in to put my two cents.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Can't say I didn't.
The response was something like Dark Pit said, "it can't stop. Deal with it" and the topic changed quickly again.
The only thing is that since the topic here has been Miiverse stuff for quite a while, so I just dropped in to put my two cents.
Okay. Well, as long as you understand. Besides, the ballot won't last forever anyway so hopefully by then the miiverse "voting campaign" posts will stop.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Eh, like PushDustIn said, nothing is guaranteed. Not even King K Rool or Wolf.
What's amusing is, and I blame the journalists for this one, they think King K Rool is already one of the winners because of a trademark being slapped on his name in DK Swing. Many have stated trademark renewals are done, and that Diddy had his renewed not too long ago. Another thing to is they never said there'd be a winner, they said they'd consider whoever was suggested for not just this game, but for future installments as well, it's nto exactly a popularity contest as some are making it out to be.

It's like the fan theory that only one 3rd party rep from a specific company can be in, Ryu completely threw that out.

Last edited:

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
Sorry if I offended any of you again, but I was really shocked when I saw the Fox support thread one day. Composed of 95% DLC ads, 4% "Don't vote for Krystal", 1% of regular, ACTUAL supports (And some jokes too, but they're still good).

Compared to the Japanese communities, yes they are much quieter (Fox with no activity for 2 days, Falco with 5), but at least, they give true support, and not those "vote4meplz" stuff

(Simply Bill Grey saying "Do your best Fox!"; no ballot vote request, no unnecessary campaigns. A pure support)

Just... why do you supporters have to place ads everywhere in somewhere you're supposed to support the character? If you guys have to campaign for the character and stuff, can you at least do it somewhere more reasonable?

inb4 everyone arguing at me
Most support drawings are accompanied with text. Playing as DK, I see K Rool. As Fox, I see Krystal and Wolf drawings. All the drawings I've seen still mentions the character you're using... that still counts as support imo. It's better than seeing "*insert character here* sucks." in jagged handwriting. I got a "Sonic sucks." not too long ago (no one was using Sonic).

The japanese communities aren't that active. Back when Smash 4 was in development, people were waiting around for Sakurai's PoTD posts. English miiverse would reach post limit in no time. Japanese PoTD was the opposite.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Most support drawings are accompanied with text. Playing as DK, I see K Rool. As Fox, I see Krystal and Wolf drawings. All the drawings I've seen still mentions the character you're using... that still counts as support imo. It's better than seeing "*insert character here* sucks." in jagged handwriting. I got a "Sonic sucks." not too long ago (no one was using Sonic).

The japanese communities aren't that active. Back when Smash 4 was in development, people were waiting around for Sakurai's PoTD posts. English miiverse would reach post limit in no time. Japanese PoTD was the opposite.
I see quite a number of posts WITHOUT mentioning the character's name at all, that's the problem. As Fox, I really seldom see any hate in the community, back when the Miiverse stage was released, they were mostly 20XX jokes, Barrel Roll jokes, Slippy jokes, SFZ references (I see several "Zero Fox Given" or such), pure supports, and occasionally a few one laughable like "Is Fox from a Metroid game". Even when there is "vote for ___" campaigns, there's no more than 3 or 4. But that day I went, and saw nothing but "Vote for Krystal", "Vote for Wolf", "Don't vote for Krystal", etc.

But hey, at least when the Japanese support communities have activity, they'll be good ones.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I see quite a number of posts WITHOUT mentioning the character's name at all, that's the problem. As Fox, I really seldom see any hate in the community, back when the Miiverse stage was released, they were mostly 20XX jokes, Barrel Roll jokes, Slippy jokes, SFZ references (I see several "Zero Fox Given" or such), pure supports, and occasionally a few one laughable like "Is Fox from a Metroid game". Even when there is "vote for ___" campaigns, there's no more than 3 or 4. But that day I went, and saw nothing but "Vote for Krystal", "Vote for Wolf", "Don't vote for Krystal", etc.

But hey, at least when the Japanese support communities have activity, they'll be good ones.
Well... They are technically still supporting characters, just not necessarely the ones they are posting on. If there was a place where to post support messages for other characters that are not in the game already, and could still appear on miiverse stage, then probably some of the people would be posting there. But of course there would still be people posting on other characters support pages.

I myself really don't see the issue here. I like a miiverse post on miiverse stage or in miiverse if it has effort put in to it. Even if it was a post about shrek on falcos support page. If someone who made it put actual effort to it, then it's all good.
Do you really need messages saying "you can do it!" To enjoy the miiverse stage? I mean, I get it, it's meant to have posts that support the character that you are playing as, and not other random characters, but does it really bother you that much? If so then all I can say is that you play on battlefield instead for awhile until the ballot ends and you start messaging nintendo to do something about it. Complaining about it around here won't get you anywhere.
People love the characters they are posting about and they want their voice to be heard everywhere, so that they can spread the word, hoping to gain more support. All I can say is more power to them.

Edit: Plus it isn't like theres no actual support for the characters in the game. I see plenty of posts supporting Fox when I play, but of course I also see the Wolf/Krystal vote campaign messages, but there are plenty that still support fox while also having "vote for ___" text in them.

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I came up with a tag line for Krystal if she gets chosen as Sm4sh DLC. This is what I came up with: Krystal Comes Through!
My insperation comes from the line that Krystal says during one of the many hidden transmissions on the Lylat Cruise SSBB stage. It's just something a little different than the "Krystal Joins The Assault!" tag line.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I came up with a tag line for Krystal if she gets chosen as Sm4sh DLC. This is what I came up with: Krystal Comes Through!
My insperation comes from the line that Krystal says during one of the many hidden transmissions on the Lylat Cruise SSBB stage. It's just something a little different than the "Krystal Joins The Assault!" tag line.
That could work

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I got one too: KRYSTAL BREAKS FREE! Referring her breaking out from her crystal, which she was captured in Sf Adventures.
Her introduction video could have Fox having trouble in a fight and ending up hanging of a ledge. Then Krystal comes and rescues him by lifting him up with her staff, just like Fox did at the end of Adventures when Krystal is released from her prison and nearly falls down.
I still like "joins the assault" best, it's a more obvious reference and I think it fits well, but it's fun to throw around different ideas.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
So...King K. Rool just got hit with being a Mii costume today...That sucks. It really does suck. I know it doesn't mean he is disconformed and all that. But it still sucks hearing that happened to a character with so much support behind him.

To any K Rool supports that happen to come though this part of the forum. I am so sorry about what just happened.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So...King K. Rool just got hit with being a Mii costume today...That sucks. It really does suck. I know it doesn't mean he is disconformed and all that. But it still sucks hearing that happened to a character with so much support behind him.

To any K Rool supports that happen to come though this part of the forum. I am so sorry about what just happened.
There is more coming tomorrow. Be ready for a missile because I fear that Krystal will get some of this action. Just in case, be ready.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
There is more coming tomorrow. Be ready for a missile because I fear that Krystal will get some of this action. Just in case, be ready.
I know. Ugh. I am so sick right now and am not mentally or physically well to deal with the things to come tomorrow and until the 31st...If the same thing happens to Krystal right after Zero I'm just going to flip. (Not really but still. I'll be very upset)

darklink34

Smash Journeyman

I know that this upsets a lot of people that k rool is just a costume, but it might not be a "deconfirmed character" case necessarely. It could be that he is still going to be added eventually when they start making the ballot characters and that this is just supposed to hold us till then. K rool might have just gotten a special treatment of being also a costume, because of his popularity. I know it's really hard to be positive about this situation, but I wouldn't call k rool out of a possible dlc fighter yet.
If this was Krystal as a costume then I would most defenitely feel the same as the rest do now, hopeless, but I would not stop supporting her until the very last end! Let's try and stay hopeful and positive!

Infimus

Smash Apprentice

This is not something bad in fact it can actually be something good. The Meta Knight mask for the miis was announced before the character.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
This is not something bad in fact it can actually be something good. The Meta Knight mask for the miis was announced before the character.
If there are going to be more mii costumes announced tomorrow that popular and voted a lot, then I definitely don't believe that this would mean that K Rool won't be added as a fighter eventually. I even doubt that they have even thought about who they're going to add before the end of the ballot. The mii costumes are an easy way to create dlc while waiting the ballot to end.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
If there are going to be more mii costumes announced tomorrow that popular and voted a lot, then I definitely don't believe that this would mean that K Rool won't be added as a fighter eventually. I even doubt that they have even thought about who they're going to add before the end of the ballot. The mii costumes are an easy way to create dlc while waiting the ballot to end.
I saw the Mii Fighter costume for K. Rool. That was quite a blow there for the DK fans. But I guess at the same time there, Sakurai may be doing this to keep the players busy with it and then later when the ballot ends, that's where he'll finally add K. Rool as a playable DLC character and this can go with Krystal as well. Because like K. Rool, Krystal is another character who all of us think that she deserves a shot as a playable DLC character and not as a Mii Fighter costume. If it comes down to that of her being as a costume for your Mii fighter and not make her as a playable character like K. Rool, then it's a cop out with no effort placed into it. Anyway, we'll see what happens with the rest of the new info we'll be getting that is Smash related in the next few days. Because I'm sure that we should get some more new DLC characters like how Sakurai stated.

Speaking of that, this may be a bit off topic here, but I just found online a screenshot of an actual Mewtwo Amiibo from San Diego Comic Con and here it is

I have to admit, this is a really good looking Mewtwo Amiibo and he is one of my mains in Smash 4 and in Melee. If this was shown at Comic Con, then I have a feeling we'll hear more info on his release date soon because I believe it could be by the end of this year if possible.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice

Also, there would be no point in delaying the confirmation of K. Rool just because of the Ballot, since Sakurai might as well just end it now (it's been long enough for lots of people to cast their votes).
I checked a Smash Bros. Wiki, and d*mn, that's unfortunate! My condolences to K. Rool's supporters.
But don't you think that Mii costumes as DLC are a bad business practice?

Last edited:
Top Bottom