• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Ugh...Don;t do this to me...I want to have Krystal be a playable character so bad that I'd take the Semi-clone...But at the same time I want for her to be a completely unique fighter so she doesn't get anymore extra hate from people...I really don't know to be honest.
I know what you mean. If she gets considered in as DLC along with K. Rool with these 2 being the most requested of the newcomers since Brawl, it's fair that we see her as a different and unique fighter so that way, people who criticize about her being her in the game can shut up. And if she makes it in as a unique fighter and there are those who still hate her, then that's too bad for them. They'll have to get used to it regardless what happens. She deserves this chance along with K. Rool after a long time coming and let's continue our support on it. We didn't wait this long just so we see these 2 characters get shafted out like that for potential newcomers for nothing. Only 6 more weeks till E3.

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I know what you mean. If she gets considered in as DLC along with K. Rool with these 2 being the most requested of the newcomers since Brawl, it's fair that we see her as a different and unique fighter so that way, people who criticize about her being her in the game can shut up. And if she makes it in as a unique fighter and there are those who still hate her, then that's too bad for them. They'll have to get used to it regardless what happens. She deserves this chance along with K. Rool after a long time coming and let's continue our support on it. We didn't wait this long just so we see these 2 characters get shafted out like that for potential newcomers for nothing. Only 6 more weeks till E3.

Agreed, and I also hope that E3 will clear up the mystery behind the odd files that were uncovered in the recent Smash 3DS patch.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Hopefully there wil be more than a Wolf reveal at E3. I don't expect a double reveal with Wolf and Krystal, but perhaps we will know more about the Roy / Ryu leak.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Hopefully there wil be more than a Wolf reveal at E3. I don't expect a double reveal with Wolf and Krystal, but perhaps we will know more about the Roy / Ryu leak.
Wolf seems the most likely to be next, anyway. A new Star Fox game is likely headlining the Direct, so it'd only make sense to show a character returning to relevance who may have been one of the last few out of the base game.

As for Krystal being revealed alongside him...I'd rank the chance of that at "unlikely, but possible". For it to happen, they'd have to have been following the Smash Ballot already, realize Krystal has significant support (provided that's true, which it seems to be), and decide to make her a priority. Even then, it'd probably only be an announcement, since I doubt they'd have all the necessary things (model, animations, effects, etc.) far enough finished.

I'm expecting Roy at that Fire Emblem concert Sakurai's attending.
I think the concert is a red herring, to be honest. Sakurai's a well known Fire Emblem fan, and he even helped with the version of the main theme used in Castle Siege. It's the kind of thing he'd show up at normally.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
KRYSTAL JOINS THE ASSAULT!
Is my idea of what her splash tagline would be
Same here, oh and it seems likely that they will acknowledge Krystal's popularity, I mean the Big N isn't that clueless as to fan demand, how do you explain why Lucas and Mewtwo came back as DLC.
My idea for a Krystal teaser is simple, we see her saving Fox at the nick of time, as the words "Krystal Joins The Assault" are seen on the screen, as Krystal says a line, as a hidden fourth wall break, directed to the audience

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Wolf seems the most likely to be next, anyway. A new Star Fox game is likely headlining the Direct, so it'd only make sense to show a character returning to relevance who may have been one of the last few out of the base game.

As for Krystal being revealed alongside him...I'd rank the chance of that at "unlikely, but possible". For it to happen, they'd have to have been following the Smash Ballot already, realize Krystal has significant support (provided that's true, which it seems to be), and decide to make her a priority. Even then, it'd probably only be an announcement, since I doubt they'd have all the necessary things (model, animations, effects, etc.) far enough finished.

I think the concert is a red herring, to be honest. Sakurai's a well known Fire Emblem fan, and he even helped with the version of the main theme used in Castle Siege. It's the kind of thing he'd show up at normally.
Since they won't have models for Wolf either since Mewtwo and Lucas were being made together I would imagine them doing it like the beginning of Palutena's reveal trailer but with no game-play footage.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

They may as well since we don't have any new footage for Starfox Wii U yet which they are obviously saving it for next month. But we'll get there and that is what matters. For the model on Wolf for Smash 4, it'll most likely be his same design from Brawl if they reveal him and as we all know, with SF Wii U headlining the E3 event, it makes perfect sense to show him. If they can get Lucas back, then so can Wolf for veterans. Krystal on the other hand can wait when the ballot ends on October when they start bringing forth the newcomers. I have a feeling that they are doing the veterans first so that they can get them out of the way since they don't take that long to develop. Because newcomers, they have to put a lot of time on it because they have to be built from scratch.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Since they won't have models for Wolf either since Mewtwo and Lucas were being made together I would imagine them doing it like the beginning of Palutena's reveal trailer but with no game-play footage.
Well, if you want my opinion it's likely that Wolf was made alongside Lucas and Mewtwo (there's really no reason not to work on Wolf if they knew how popular Lucas was, given they both were highly requested by fans). But for Krystal it would be pretty unlikely that they started to work on her so maybe she could have a cameo like Dark Pit had

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Well, if you want my opinion it's likely that Wolf was made alongside Lucas and Mewtwo (there's really no reason not to work on Wolf if they knew how popular Lucas was, given they both were highly requested by fans). But for Krystal it would be pretty unlikely that they started to work on her so maybe she could have a cameo like Dark Pit had
Thing is, Dark Pit was probably still a Pit alt when Palutena's trainer was finished...

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
This is going to be completely irrelevant to the current topic of discussion at hand, but it still pertains to Krystal. Now I know no one here likes GameFaqs, but I recently visited the board for Smash Bros Wii U out of boredom and found this adorable hate thread towards Krystal:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/71742605
Lol, these people are the ones who make me want krystal more and more. Honestly, Just imagine if Krystal was confirmed...

Demented Dex

Smash Cadet
ArcaneKitsune said:
This is going to be completely irrelevant to the current topic of discussion at hand, but it still pertains to Krystal. Now I know no one here likes GameFaqs, but I recently visited the board for Smash Bros Wii U out of boredom and found this adorable hate thread towards Krystal:
I was prepared to mention something about the usual Gfaqs haters, but then I decided not to, because I wanted to keep a positive vibe going here, but I'm glad you noticed that. I've had my share of arguments with the creator of that topic before, and fair reasoning just doesn't reach him. I'm glad he's suspended.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Ah, its TriForce. That guy is the worst hater of Krystal on that Board that doesn't care for any argument about her and just blindly hates her because he says "she's the reason the Star Fox games went down hill". So there is not reasoning with him,

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Ah, its TriForce. That guy is the worst hater of Krystal on that Board that doesn't care for any argument about her and just blindly hates her because he says "she's the reason the Star Fox games went down hill". So there is not reasoning with him,
So a genwunner who wants a scapegoat so he can justify idealizing his childhood, basically?

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
So a genwunner who wants a scapegoat so he can justify idealizing his childhood, basically?
I'm pretty sure that is just what it is.
For some reason there is a lot of topics being posted about Krystal trying to incite hate but are getting shut down with the help of Krystal supports and me.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
For some reason there is a lot of topics being posted about Krystal trying to incite hate but are getting shut down with the help of Krystal supports and me.
It's GameFAQs. You don't get attention there from being insightful or having interesting ideas, you get it from being loud, obnoxious, and antagonistic.

It's also why places like there have more of the "furry stigma" I talked about a while back.

You know, except with Wolf. Because he's somehow exempt. >_>

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
What Delzethin said. It's likely that his hate of Krystal isn't as singular as he makes it seem, but if he's loud and ridiculous enough about it he'll get more attention.

...but then maybe he really is this ridiculous. It's hard to say, but Gamefaqs is full of people being ridiculous for attention.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I saw the link. Boy this Triforce guy is an amazing and genuine idiot who hates Krystal for no absolute reason. This will make us who support her all the more stronger. We'll as the saying goes: "Haters gonna hate." And if she makes it in and people still complain on her for no reason, then too bad for them. I can't wait to see the reaction on their faces.

Last edited:

Demented Dex

Smash Cadet
Alllrighty. Inconveniences aside, are there any Krystal/Star Fox props for the mii fighters you'd all like to see become available?

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
E3 oh wunderbar. I really want it to get here because the reason i havent been so active is that my usual well of theories and info is dry. But E3 refills that. Neither way i think that star fox is gonna be one of the bigger ones they show off now because of the delay of LOZ 2015. So basically i return when E3 hits....if i dont get caught up in speculating on a few games. for now ill be planning something i guess.

Attachments

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I would love it if we could have tails for the Mii. As of now they're kind of boring. You just pick a hat and a suit, that's not really my idea of customization.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
I would love it if we could have tails for the Mii. As of now they're kind of boring. You just pick a hat and a suit, that's not really my idea of customization.
A tail? Ew, what are you, some kind of furry? if you are you should totally come follow me on FA

Seriously though this would be a nifty feature. I could see them giving us more basic stuff like "cat tail," "devil tail," "lizard tail," and then ones borrowed from some of their characters.

I want something big and floofy, heheheh.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Nah but come on, if they make hats they can make tails. They don't even make dresses! The customization is really poor. I also wanted customisable costumes for the normal characters. You know, in Soul Calibur they have this feature when you create your own character.

I just want to play with my own Peach dresses, haha.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Nah but come on, if they make hats they can make tails. They don't even make dresses! The customization is really poor. I also wanted customisable costumes for the normal characters. You know, in Soul Calibur they have this feature when you create your own character.

I just want to play with my own Peach dresses, haha.
That would be a ton of fun, yeah. I'd bandage up Lucario's arms and legs, put Zelda in her Skyward Sword look, maybe take off Fox's coat... If our girl Krystal got in I'd probably try something like the fanart we've been posting here.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Since Zelda was delayed that means that maybe Miyamoto wasn't joking about 2015 being the Year of Star Fox. Since if we get a Metroid announcement, I doubt it will be released this holiday season, since Splatoon is going to be a summer game, along with Xenoblade, and I doubt SMTxFE will really be the big title anyhow. It will probably be Star Fox that is the big game this year, Mario Galaxy 3 can wait, we have had enough Mario games for a few years. Time to let Nintendo's smaller franchises (Star Fox , Metroid, etc) shine. As you all know,2015 is the first year in a while, we don't get a main Mario title, which means this year is Star Fox's time in the limelight

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to have Krystal so badly. Unfortunately, I just don't see it as a reasonable possibility, considering how much people, for whatever reason, hate her. It seems to be a kursed trend for me- desire characters who have no chance whatsoever, and seem to be universally despised by fans and Sakurai alike. Ultimately, I did wind up voting for her, but I won't hold my breath. More than likely, we'll get that stupid Shovel Knight, or if we're lucky, that magnificent basterd K.Rool, but at this point, we'll be lucky to have Krystal show up in a new STAR FOX game...that's my two cents, anyways

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'd love to have Krystal so badly. Unfortunately, I just don't see it as a reasonable possibility, considering how much people, for whatever reason, hate her. It seems to be a kursed trend for me- desire characters who have no chance whatsoever, and seem to be universally despised by fans and Sakurai alike. Ultimately, I did wind up voting for her, but I won't hold my breath. More than likely, we'll get that stupid Shovel Knight, or if we're lucky, that magnificent basterd K.Rool, but at this point, we'll be lucky to have Krystal show up in a new STAR FOX game...that's my two cents, anyways
Why the hate for Shovel Knight and K. Rool?

EDIT: Sry if that isnt hate for K Rool

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Why the hate for Shovel Knight and K. Rool?
It sounded like he liked K. Rool, actually. "Magnificent *******" sounds like a compliment, at least. Not that it's a matter of "winning" the ballot, since Sakurai said he wants to make as many fans happy as possible and it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for them to do all of this just for one character. If they were, why not just stay under the radar and see which characters are the most liked?

Anyway, we haven't seen any reason to think Sakurai hates Krystal as a character. He's probably more neutral on her. And the hatebase can be infuriating since they're the ones that get the attention, but it's also worth remembering that (hopefully) their volume masks how few of them there are.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It sounded like he liked K. Rool, actually. "Magnificent *******" sounds like a compliment, at least.

Anyway, we haven't seen any reason to think Sakurai hates Krystal as a character. He's probably more neutral on her. And the hatebase can be infuriating since they're the ones that get the attention, but it's also worth remembering that (hopefully) their volume masks how few of them there are.
Yeah kinda thought that after I posted the comment.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Actually I'd say Krystal is fairly likely, among the most requested characters that are actually viable she's probably pretty high up there. If we discount small third parties and indies a large amount of the votes are gone. It mostly leaves characters like K Rool, Dixie, Isaac, Wolf, Inkling and a few others and I'd think Krystal would be somewhere up there

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
It sounded like he liked K. Rool, actually. "Magnificent *******" sounds like a compliment, at least. Not that it's a matter of "winning" the ballot, since Sakurai said he wants to make as many fans happy as possible and it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for them to do all of this just for one character. If they were, why not just stay under the radar and see which characters are the most liked?

True. I don't remember seeing anything on Sakurai hating on Krystal. But I do remember hearing from that poll the Japanese had in 2008 during Brawl ' s development that he was impressed of Krystal being the most requested female character to be playable. Fast forward to now and she still is along with K. Rool. Anyway, those who hate her for no reason are just those who fall in the minority and this makes us Krystal support ers all the more stronger.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well of Brawl's Trifecta of Disapointment we have Bowser Jr. (with the Koopalings as a bonus) and lost Ridley. Krystal's chance now.

Top Bottom