• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for SSB4 thread!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
[collapse="Layton and Emmy about Little Mac"]
My word, this young fellow sure packs a punch for a man of his stature.
Oh my- ...could it be? ...Little Mac?!
Little Mac, is it? I suppose a name like that would fit him, it describes him well.
Professor, are you telling me you do not know THE Little Mac? The underdog from the Bronx that took on men twice his size and rose to the top to become the World Boxing Champion?!
You'll have to forgive me Emmy, I'm afraid I'm never payed much attention to sports in the Americas.
But Professor, Little Mac's skills are world renowned! He's mastered a punching technique known only as the "K.O. Punch", and if you don't plan on losing your hat and lunch anytime soon I suggest you avoid it at all costs.
Emmy, you seem to know a lot about Little Mac. Do you happen to be a fan of his?
I suppose you can say that... How'd you guess?
That, Emmy, was an easy puzzle to solve.
Well now that the cat is out of the bag, could you get his autograph for me?
Oh dear. Don't tell me I have to worry about you cheering him on instead of me now.[/collapse]
Twas fun, made a couple of Emmy sprites to go along with this. You can probably tell which ones I made.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
[collapse="Layton and Emmy about Little Mac"]
My word, this young fellow sure packs a punch for a man of his stature.
Oh my- ...could it be? ...Little Mac?!
Little Mac, is it? I suppose a name like that would fit him, it describes him well.
Professor, are you telling me you do not know THE Little Mac? The underdog from the Bronx that took on men twice his size and rose to the top to become the World Boxing Champion?!
You'll have to forgive me Emmy, I'm afraid I'm never payed much attention to sports in the Americas.
But Professor, Little Mac's skills are world renowned! He's mastered a punching technique known only as the "K.O. Punch", and if you don't plan on losing your hat and lunch anytime soon I suggest you avoid it at all costs.
Emmy, you seem to know a lot about Little Mac. Do you happen to be a fan of his?
I suppose you can say that... How'd you guess?
That, Emmy, was an easy puzzle to solve.
Well now that the cat is out of the bag, could you get his autograph for me?
Oh dear. Don't tell me I have to worry about you cheering him on instead of me now.[/collapse]
Twas fun, made a couple of Emmy sprites to go along with this. You can probably tell which ones I made.
Nice job there too Ariand. I've included it to the OP as well. Thanks. ^^
You're very welcome. ^^

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I keep downloading more Layton tunes as the days pass by now. There's some pretty good music in the OP I like, Shooting in particular is what I like and my favorite is the Last Specter final battle. I think I wanna try the series again (as I suck at the demo), maybe when the DS VC pops up.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
We seem to have come across a mystery in the Leaks thread. It seems we've lost a leak. We have dubbed it the case of the missing cucco. Why is this relevant?

First thing to come into my head was this.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i give you the layton vs layton codec

my word I seem to be fighting myself

blimey you're right professor this is incredible

though he is a little different

yeah his clothes are a different colour

he even seems to have the same moves as myself

well then at least you'll know what to expect, he'll have moves based on your favorite puzzles as well as you fencing skills
of course this is not the first time we've encountered thing that aren't quite what they seem

you think he could be a robot or a master of disguise?

this is a puzzle that may only be solved in battle luke

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ah well, with all that said, with all the crazy amount of likes and reblogs that blog seems to have received in just one day. It does show that Layton does have quite a following of supporters who really wish to see him in the game.....

I'm just a little worried they may have gotten a big false hope into thinking that Layton is some kind of "shoo-in" now. Which might not go over well with them if it turns out Layton isn't in the game after all.... :/

I think someone should clear things up with them that the article was just a tongue in cheek article and not really something meant to be taken seriously..... If it hasn't already been done so...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Heh, well,there where a few times ONM got their wishes despite that they were just funning around in their articles so I guess there could be a very very slim possibility that Layton could be reveal as a last newcomer (Which I'd totally be over the moon by too) but yeah, in the end.

This is just an article about which other games ONM would like to see Layton crossover with so best to not take it seriously as them knowing something we don't as they most likely don't know any more than we do.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
As much as i want him in (which is a lot) I really think his chances are quite low. There are a 3rd party few characters who already take priority over him (i.e. Snake, Pac-Man). This doesn't make him impossible, but incredibly unlikely, as is a 3rd third-party character.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
No one is probably gonna surpass Pac-Man now that he's basically a given newcomer, but 4 third parties isn't impossible, I would rather have the 4th 3rd party belong to Layton, but a 5th isn't that farfetched. :p
We have no total idea how 3rd parties will go, but Layton should be there somewhere.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
As much as i want him in (which is a lot) I really think his chances are quite low. There are a 3rd party few characters who already take priority over him (i.e. Snake, Pac-Man). This doesn't make him impossible, but incredibly unlikely, as is a 3rd third-party character.
Yeah that's more or less the general agreement in terms of which third parties would most likely make it in. Snake, Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man and that would be more or less it.

So yeah, as much as I'd love to see Layton join the battle. He's probably most likely not making it in sadly.... :/

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Yeah that's more or less the general agreement in terms of which third parties would most likely make it in. Snake, Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man and that would be more or less it.

So yeah, as much as I'd love to see Layton join the battle. He's probably most likely not making it in sadly.... :/
Yeah coulda figured that people would think the same. He has so much potential, and it's entirely possible down the line in future installments if Level 5's relationship with Nintendo increases. Still very unlikely, and as of now, there is almost no way that he's going to make it into Smash 4 (5? 6?)
No one is probably gonna surpass Pac-Man now that he's basically a given newcomer, but 4 third parties isn't impossible, I would rather have the 4th 3rd party belong to Layton, but a 5th isn't that farfetched. :p
We have no total idea how 3rd parties will go, but Layton should be there somewhere.
Four definitely isn't impossible, but it is very farfetched. Five is pretty out there. At least for Smash 4. It could be fair game in Smash 5 or 6, but definitely not 4.

I do agree that the next 3rd party slot should go to Layton, tho.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Alrighty, it took me a while, but here's a new codec.

This one is special though, why? Well see for yourself. Enjoy.

My word, is that an angel I see over there? Did I just die or....
Ahahahahaha...
Who was that? Luke, Flora, Emmy?
Eheheh, you humans are so cute. No, I'm not any of those insignificant little humans you always drag around in your adventures.

I am Viridi, Goddess of Nature!
Goddess of Nature? you mean to say that you're a Goddess?
Yes, a Goddess. I thought I made that clear the first time, human!
My sincerest apologies, this is my first time talking to a "deity". So I assume you know the angel I am currently facing right now?
Oh obviously I know him all too well. That's Pit, and he is the servant of the Goddess of Light, who is also known as Goddess Palutena.

These two have been a thorn on my side every time I tried to exterminate the human race! Like flies buzzing all around you on a hot summer day!

But I suppose we did have some good times too....
Oh, I see....
Eheheh, no need to get all nervous just because I don't like your kind. You are Professor Layton right? That archaeologist guy in a top-hat who solves all sorts of puzzles and mysteries and enjoys a nice cup of tea, huh?
Why yes I am. I am honoured that you have heard of me. So about our friend Pit over there. He seems to be a very talented angel. He looks to be very good at handling a bow, using dual shields and flying too.
Eheheh, yeah, about the flying part.... Pit actually can't fly at all.... Palutena and I are usually the ones who grant him the power of flight. Otherwise, those chicken wings won't be carrying him anywhere.
Oh my, and angel who can't fly? Well that's quite... unusual....
Hey, why are you two talking behind my back?

Viridi, I thought you'd keep my flying issue a secret, you know how much I don't like others knowing about it!

Butt out Pit, you're not even supposed to be conversing with us! Now be a good angel and stay quiet so we can gossip behind your back!

Hey, neither are you! We've got our own codec's to discuss our opponents in our own stage!
Eh, if I might intervene....
What is it?
While I'm not too familiar with the situation at hand, I will keep Pit's little flying issue a secret.
How about we put this all aside and enjoy a nice cup of tea after the match? Does that sound nice? It's what I always tell Luke and Flora to do whenever they don't have a good day with each other.

Oh, uhm... Sure, why not Professor...

Are you trying to make a lady out of me? Well fine, I do enjoy a nice cup of tea every now and then...
Well that settles it. I will be looking forward to converse with you two again. Have a lovely day.
Sure, you've been a pretty nice human so far, so I suppose I won't be landing any reset bombs in your homeplace.... yet...
Oh, uh.... Thanks...
Gosh, this turned out longer than usual, but oh well, it's been a while since I've last made another Layton codec and this one is a little special so I guess I'll let it slide. ^^

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540

Ahahahahaha...
Eheheh, you humans are so cute. No, I'm not any of those insignificant little humans you always drag around in your adventures.

My sincerest apologies, this is my first time talking to a "deity". So I assume you know the angel I am currently facing right now?
Oh obviously I know him all too well. That's Pit, and he is the servant of the Goddess of Light, who is also known as Goddess Palutena.

These two have been a thorn on my side every time I tried to exterminate the human race! Like flies buzzing all around you on a hot summer day!

Oh, I see....
Eheheh, no need to get all nervous just because I don't like your kind. You are Professor Layton right? That archaeologist guy in a top-hat who solves all sorts of puzzles and mysteries and enjoys a nice cup of tea, huh?
Why yes I am. I am honoured that you have heard of me. So about our friend Pit over there. He seems to be a very talented angel. He looks to be very good at handling a bow, using dual shields and flying too.
Eheheh, yeah, about the flying part.... Pit actually can't fly at all.... Palutena and I are usually the ones who grant him the power of flight. Otherwise, those chicken wings won't be carrying him anywhere.

Viridi, I thought you'd keep my flying issue a secret, you know how much I don't like others knowing about it!

Butt out Pit, you're not even supposed to be conversing with us! Now be a good angel and stay quiet so we can gossip behind your back!

Hey, neither are you! We've got our own codec's to discuss our opponents in our own stage!
What is it?
While I'm not too familiar with the situation at hand, I will keep Pit's little flying issue a secret.
How about we put this all aside and enjoy a nice cup of tea after the match? Does that sound nice? It's what I always tell Luke and Flora to do whenever they don't have a good day with each other.

Are you trying to make a lady out of me? Well fine, I do enjoy a nice cup of tea every now and then...
Well that settles it. I will be looking forward to converse with you two again. Have a lovely day.
Sure, you've been a pretty nice human so far, so I suppose I won't be landing any reset bombs in your homeplace.... yet...
Oh, uh.... Thanks...
Gosh, this turned out longer than usual, but oh well, it's been a while since I've last made another Layton codec and this one is a little special so I guess I'll let it slide. ^^
This is my favorite one xD

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
That wa great. I don't know Viridi (?) very well, as I haven't played KI:U, but you seem to have gotten these personalities down :D

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Ahahahahaha...

Oh, I see....

What is it?

Oh, uh.... Thanks...
i knew this would happen sooner or later

great job by the way

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So, can you guys clear something up with me? It seems that in Japan Professor Layton is first party, and is only third party in the West..? So he's perfectly viable... in Japan, but in America..?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So, can you guys clear something up with me? It seems that in Japan Professor Layton is first party, and is only third party in the West..? So he's perfectly viable... in Japan, but in America..?
It's actually the opposite, sort of.

In Japan the Layton games are developed and published by Layton's creator Level-5. Nintendo has literally nothing to do with Layton outside of his games being on Nintendo's Systems within Japan.

Outside of Japan, Nintendo publishes and translates the games (from what I understand). Which would make the franchise seem more like a 2nd-Party title rather than 1st-Party. But either way, Layton is solely owned by Level-5. Nintendo just has the rights to publish and translate the games for retailers outside of Japan.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just realised that Layton games being published by Nintendo at all makes him perfectly eligible. Because many of the Nintendo franchises in Smash are merely published by Nintendo.

For example, when Sakurai is negotiating Pokemon characters, he actually goes to Game Freak, not Nintendo.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
haven't posted here yet i believe, but i am a huge layton supporter.

i think he's one -if not the most newest character that deserves to be in smash for his legacy he build up so quick. he kind pretty much saved the ds in late in it's life span, and appealed to a huge audience.

but most of all if he's playable, it would be hilarious

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I just realized that Layton games being published by Nintendo at all makes him perfectly eligible. Because many of the Nintendo franchises in Smash are merely published by Nintendo.

For example, when Sakurai is negotiating Pokemon characters, he actually goes to Game Freak, not Nintendo.
But Nintendo does partially own Pokémon, but not entirely. It's why working with them is trouble for Sakurai. The majority of the time, they don't really need to follow Nintendo's rules because they aren't a subsidiary of Nintendo.

Nintendo doesn't own the Layton IP or any part of Level-5, thus making the franchise completely 3rd-Party.
The fact that the games are produced by Nintendo outside of Japan is kinda taunting in a way, since Nintendo being involved in anyway makes it even more disappointing when you figure out that they don't own the character for whatever reason.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Anyone want to join my bottle enthusiasts club? We meet once a week, next week we're appreciating bottles that look like american presidents.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hearing the way the professor says "objection" and "hold it" really makes you realize how polite a fighter he would be

Top Bottom