• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokéSmash College of Design - Round Ten!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The PokéSmash College of Design

Welcome, prospective graduates, to the PokéSmash College of Design! Whether you have creativity, experience, or knowledge, you can graduate with honors if you apply your strengths.

Rules:

• Entries must not violate the Global Rules.
  • Each round will last roughly one week. Deadlines will not be extended for specific people.
  • Unless otherwise stated, you may only sumbit one entry per round.

Entry Guidelines:

1. Do not stray from the prompt too far. Slight deviations may be allowed in certain cases, but try to err on the side of caution.
  2. Most prompts will generally fall under two categories: concepts and goals. Concepts will have one or more conditions that you have to work with; what you do with the conditions is up to you. Goals are, unsurprisingly, a goal you must accomplish. Similarly with concepts, how you reach the goal is up to you.
  3. You aren't required to completely explain the ramifications and possibilities of your creation, but if you don't, you're leaving it up to the judges to guess what they might be.
  4. Entries may be sent in by PM if you don't want to get other people's advice / to intimidate people from entering. PMs must be sent to both myself and Wretched.
  5. Originality counts. You won't be disqualified if your entry to the prompt "design an item" is a hold item called "Doul Sew" that raises Attack and Defense by 50%, but it certainly won't make you look good.
  6. Plagiarism is naughty, though. Entries that are blatant knockoffs of others' creations (for example, CAPs) will be disqualified.

Judging Criteria:

Note: Not all criteria will be weighted the same depending on the prompt. Not all examples are applicable to all prompts.

1. Creativity: This isn't limited to just making weird things that no one else has thought of. Think outside of the box.
  2. Competitive: What does your design do? Does it make a certain set of Pokemon viable, or would it drop them down a couple tiers? Does it introduce balance, or does it lead to bans?
  3. Sexiness: Call it whatever you want; awesomeness, badashery, brilliance, swag. Keep in mind that complexity and simplicity both have their appeals. Do you create an entirely new Pokemon, or do you slightly tweak an existing one? Do you introduce a new type of Pokemon, or do you tweak a move's base power?

Judges:

Wave - forever alone

If you'd like to contribute, whether it's by judging suggesting prompts, feel free to PM me.

Postbits:

First win:

Second win:

Third win:

Fourth win: Your Choice of
, or

Current Prompt:

Deadline: July 8th at 12:00 midnight CDT

Pick any one move to be a new BW2 move tutor and some of the Pokemon that will learn it (distribution within reason; Venusaur isn't getting Sacred Fire anytime soon).
[collapse="Past prompts"]Give any one Pokemon any one move.
Round 1 Results

Create an item that makes one or more currently UU Pokemon competitively viable in the OU metagame.
Round 2 Results

Design a Pokemon with the ability Illusion. Include its typing, base stats, and a list of competitive moves your Pokemon learns. Source of move (ie tutor, egg move, etc) not required. Specify which tier the Pokemon would be used in (OU will be assumed otherwise).
Round 3 Results

Give any one Pokemon with one type an additional type. For example, you could make Pichu Electric/Dragon. Any and all effects, such as but not limited to weaknesses and STAB, are taken into account.
Round 4 Results

Give any Pokemon any existing ability.
Round 5 Results

Propose a moveset to take advantage of five moves.
Round 6 Results

Change the effect of the ability Pressure.
Round 7 Results

Create a Pokemon-specific item.
Round 8 Results

Give a dual-typed Pokemon a third type.
Round 9 Results[/collapse]

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Flareon with Flare Blitz should be banned from this prompt before it gets to be said by all 6 people in the PC.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Flare Blitz Flareon wouldn't get you many points, though.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Give Blissey Transform.

Transform does not change the HP of a Pokémon. Imagine running around with a Dragonite with 714 HP. Competitively, this is borderline broken.

In terms of appeal, well, where to begin. Once again, I request you to imagine a Blissey. This Blissey is facing a gigantic Dragonite, suddenly, the Blissey starts deforming, changing into an enormous Dragonite. Gaining substitutes worth 179 HP. Gaining a Roost for 357 and potentially copying a Dragon Dance on top of that.

Transform Blissey is dumb <3

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
"User copies the target's species, weight, type, ability, calculated stats (except HP), and moves. "

Yes, it will enjoy Multiscales, Traces, Magnet Pulls et cetera.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Shedinja gains Torment.

With this new addition to Shedinja's arsenal, he can stall as if he's facing a Slaking! With a Focus Sash on, he is guaranteed not to die as he sets up the Torment. Now against any Pokemon that only has one move to kill Shedinja with, Shedinja can use protect to stall. Protect against the super effective move, Swords Dance (or whatever) on the free turn. If you can baton pass a trap (pre-5th gen) then Shedinja can guarantee himself up to +6. Otherwise, you have to predict switches. Then you can sweep (with unfortunately only one move).

It's not an "I win" button by any means, but it makes the awesome and unique Shedinja more annoying to deal with, and that's always a great way to torment your opponent.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Seeing as there is no limit set on entries:

I introduce to you;
Bibarel with Shell Smash!
This would sync perfectly with his ability; "Simple"! Simple doubles all statlevel gains/losses, effectively making a Bibarel with Shell Smash and a White Herb a killing machine!

The first thing you would probably ask is
Why Bibarel? Why not Swoobat?
The most used priority moves this generation are definitely Bullet Punch, Ice Shard and Mach Punch (in that order). Now, Bibarel resists Bullet Punch and Ice Shard, while Swoobat only resists Mach Punch.
Not only that, but Bibarel also gets priority moves! AAAAAAAND he doesn't get walled by Blissey! Think about that one!

So yeah, Bibarel is a true brotha.
Rocking that Shell Smash / Quick Attack / Double Edge / Super Power and ready to take on anything that's thrown at it.
Sitting at 884 attack with Adamant and full Attack EVs, this guy ain't nothing to mess with. The only thing he hates is Mach Punches, but having but a single weakness is not important.
If you're feeling good, you can always go for the double set up set!
Substitute / Shell Smash / Double Edge / Superpower
This one gets some damage done too.

If you're feeling really good, you can always run a Skull Bash instead! It one ups your defense, but because of simple, it actually raises it by two! After a single Skull Bash, your defense will be raised to 312 without any EV investment! This will allow you to take a Choice Banded Conkeldurr Mach Punch as a 2HKO!
252 Atk Choice Band Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs 0 HP/0 +2 Def Bibarel: 58,19% - 69,23%
2 hits to KO

Simple Shell Smash Bibarel is also one of the coolest modda****as around! Just look at him!

This guy will woop your ***.

HASHTAG SWAAAAAAAAG

So yeah, that's Simple Bibarel with Shell Smash.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Butterfree with hurricane.

Compound eyes gives it great accuracy, and is really nice with sleep powder and quiver dance.

Alternatively, it makes for an interesting sweeper in the rain with tinted lens.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Transform Blissey - Xonar
Creativity: 6/8
Wave: You managed to make the game's best special wall even better. Shuckle with 714 HP, 614 Def, and 745 SpDef in Sandstorm? Sign me up."
Wretched: I definitely would've never thought of this. I am happy you went into the obscurities of the pokemon movepool and found the one move that Blissey would wreck with. And with that, it is a move that would be subpar on almost every other pokemon.
Competitive: 4/7
Wave: I can't think of many situations where this wouldn't be amazing after a Transform. Choice Scarf users, Taunt, and phazing could give you trouble, while also being vulnerable being a Transform. It also lacks what Eccentric Ditto does (revenge kill everything), though it could easily sweep teams at the drop of a hat.
Competitive: 1/7
Wretched: Giving this move to Blissey would be an utter disaster in the competitive metagame. Blissey's health is already her greatest asset, so giving a move that replaces all of her horrid stats with great ones, including her bad defense which is her only check. I don't see the point in giving an OU pokemon to make it almost better than all of the Ubers.
Sexiness: 7/10
Sexiness: 9/10

6+4+7=16
6+1+9=16

Average score: 16.5/25

Torment Shedinja - Kantrip

Creativity: 8/8
Wave: Sometimes I forget that Torment is a move. And sometimes I forget that Shedinja is a Pokemon. A very clever solution to one of Shedinja's problems.
Wretched: I definitely think you thought outside of the box with this one. You went for a passive move, which I didn't think anyone would go for. I thought I'd see everyone just giving a Pokemon a move to let it sweep.
Competitive: 5/7
Wave: Sandstorm would likely still keep Shedinja out of OU, but he would definitely climb up the tier ladder, perhaps even UU. This combination is simple, and would no doubt infuriate people with Protect. Even with only one attacking move, a +4 or +6 Shadow Sneak will still hurt.
Competitive: 4/7
Wretched: While Torment does make Shedinja MORE competitively viable, it doesn't solve his main issue: hazards and weather. Shedinja getting hit by SE moves was never the issue. He could actually switch in on a lot of Pokemon and force a switch. The real problem was that if the opponent had stealth rocks, spikes, toxic spikes, or sandstorm you were screwed. That issue remains after your additional move.
Sexiness: 9/10
Sexiness: 7/10

8+5+9=22
6+4+7=17

Average score: 19.5/25

Congratulations to this week's winner, Kantrip!

This week's prompt:
Deadline: Sunday, March 25 at 12:00 midnight CDT

Create an item that makes one or more currently UU Pokemon competitively viable in the OU metagame.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Switch Top:
The highest non-HP Stat (not base stat) and lowest Non-HP Stat are switched. Does not factor boosts or drops when deciding what stats to switch, only EVs, IVs, and Natures. Natures will also switch to boost different stats if they get shuffled (Ex a Brave mon with Highest attack and lowest speed with have the -Spe Nature become -Atk and the +Atk Nature become +Spe). If there are equal stats, Atk > Def > SpA > SpD > Spe in stat priority.

All of the sudden, Pokemon stuck with some mediocre stat holding them back in UU and lower can now differently invest their EVs to remove such a crippling weakness. This applies to so many low tier Pokemon that I'll make a quick summary of a few that I can think of.

UU/BLs:

Escavalier, even though no longer able to run full Attack investment, can sacrifice one of its Defenses to give it 105 Speed, and can still pull off respectable defenses by investing the rest of whats leftover in HP, making it much more of a threat.

Registeel can switch one of its Defenses and its Attack for a Monsterously powerful curse set, Umbreon is in a similar situation. Notable Trick Room Member

Deo-D and Cresselia can do something like Registeel, swapping a defense for SpA and running a very powerful Calm Mind set.

Togekiss can switch around her SpA and Attack and be able to abuse an insanely powerful Hustle set with Extremespeed.

RU:

Aggron can put his base 180 defense into Speed at the cost of going down to basically any priority move.

Klinklang
now has the option of being able to swap out its SpA and Def, allowing it to finally use the decent special movepool it was given.

Medicham, if it maxes a Defense, can get base 75 Attack to pure power boost rather than base 60, which hits 546 attack, higher than even Deo-A.

NU:

While not much, Articuno can opt to swap its base 125 SpD and 85 Spe, not losing too much bulk, but actually making Articuno a decent threat on Hail with Spin Support, having a ton of speed to Blizzspam with. Glaceon can sacrifice its defense and do this as well.

Emboar can run a Special attacking set off decent base 100 SpA now that it can swap his Attack to get base 123 speed. Flareon can do something similar.

Gigalith can Destroy its defense stat (albeit somewhat saved by Sturdy) and give itself base 135 Spe- setting him at a border where only Choice Scarfers, boosters, and priority users can outspeed him. With base 130 Atk backing this up, it actually sounds pretty deadly. Golem can do this too, albeit swapping higher attack for STAB Earthquake. Regirock does this to a greater extreme, running on Base 200 Speed and Base 100 Attack, and has enough defenses to take a light dent if it had to.

Regice can swap its base 200 SpD for its Atk or Speed, making it either a Slow physical or mixed attacker, or another really, really fast Blizzspammer. Notable Trick Room member.

Regigigas can put its Massive Attack into Special Attack so it can actually throw out a move turn 1 with its okay special movepool.

Finally, the one you've been waiting for.

Shuckle

Shuckle can drop either one of its magnificent defenses- giving it a 614 attack stat (Just shy of CB Haxorus) with a surprisingly strong Physical movepool, consisting of Earthquake, Stone Edge, Gyro Ball, Bug Bite, and Return. Now you don't need Power Trick to make Trick Room Shuckle work. Get him in, and let him decimate whatever has to come into him. Here's some calcs.

252 Atk Shuckle Stone Edge vs 252 HP/252 Def Bold Reuniclus: 56.84% - 67.22%
252 Atk Shuckle Stone Edge vs 252 HP/224 Def Bold Jellicent: 64.11% - 75.74%
252 Atk Shuckle Earthquake vs 252 HP/4 Def Ferrothorn: 41.76% - 49.43%
252 Atk Shuckle Stone Edge vs 252 HP/252 Def Bold Latias: 59.34% - 70.05%
252 Atk Shuckle Stone Edge vs 252 HP/252 Def Bold Eviolite Chansey: 52.56% - 61.93%
252 Atk Shuckle Stone Edge vs 252 HP/184 Def Impish Gliscor: 51.13% - 60.45%
252 Atk Shuckle Stone Edge vs 252 HP/0 Def Dragonite: 75.65% - 89.38% (MULTISCALE)
252 Atk Shuckle Earthquake vs 252 HP/0 Def Tyranitar: 85.15% - 100.5%
252 -1 Atk Shuckle Stone Edge vs 248 HP/252 Def Impish Gyarados: 79.39% - 93.89%
252 Atk Shuckle Stone Edge vs 248 HP/0 Def Scizor: 81.63% - 96.21%

Shuckle can kick some ***.

The only real downside of this item I can think of is that you can't run Leftovers, Life Orb, Choice Items, or in poor Marowak's case, Thick Club to boost your attack or bulk off the swapped stats. However, with some of the insane **** you can get from this, that's not really a big problem.

That, and a few current OUs could use this too. DDLatios, a bulkier Vaporeon, base 115 Speed Landorus, or even a physically bulkier Espeon are like the best examples I can come up with- luckily it seems lower tiers are better at abusing the item than OUs are.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Also, rules update that I forgot:

Entries may be sent in by PM if you don't want to get other people's advice / to intimidate people from entering. PMs must be sent to both myself and Wretched.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh, neat. It's a shame there were only two on-time entries for the first round. Hopefully it picks up, because this is a cool idea.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Okay Wave can you just put the 1 entry limit into the OP already .

Kthx.

Bing

Smash Master
Hmm, Im kinda new to the whole competitive Pokemon but Ill give it a whirl.
Hmm, this item one is a bit difficult because in a lot of cases, you make an item that not only makes the UU's better, but also the rest...

Okay so I came up with this....

Elemental Machine.

Automatically changes the weather to that of which would be beneficial to the current Pokemon in use.
If the Pokemon has multiple types, the primary type
Daytime = Regular non-effective weather.

Fire - Sunny
Grass - Sunny
Ice - Hail
Ground - Sandstorm
Rock - Sandstorm
Steel - Sandstorm
Flying - Daytime
Poison - Daytime
Dark - Daytime
Water - Raining
Bug - Sunny
Ghost - Daytime
Electric - Raining
Normal - Daytime
Fighting - Daytime
Dragon - Raining?
Psychic - Daytime

I believe this could effect the tier list because giving low tier Pokemon the ability to control the weather could change entire strategies. Ex.Opponent Comes at you with a sandstorm team,
You could simply switch in another type and change the weather to be to either your advantage, their disadvantage or just an even playing field.
If both players have this item equipped to their Pokemon, weather is determined by the faster of the two.

So here is a list of the UU Tier Pokemon and what there Primary type would be for those who are wondering. Im too lazy to do all of them.

For types like Normal, Bug, Flying etc. I just gave them whatever type I felt was best suited.... So they mostly got Fog. Just an idea, could use some obvious tweeking.

Ambipom Normal
Arcanine Fire
Azelf Psychic
Azumarill Water
Bisharp Dark / Steel <-- Primary is Dark
Blastoise Water
Bronzong Steel / Psychic Primary is Steel
Chandelure Ghost
Cobalion Steel / Fighting <-- Primary is Steel
Crobat Poison / Flying <--- Primary is Poison
Darmanitan Fire
Deoxys-D Psychic
Dusclops Ghost
Empoleon Water / Steel <--- Primary is Water
Escavalier Bug / Steel <--- Primary Bug
Flygon Ground / Dragon <--- Primary is Ground
Froslass Ice / Ghost <--- Primary is Ice
Heracross Bug / Fighting <--- Primary is Bug
Hippopotas Ground
Hitmontop Fighting
Houndoom Dark / Fire <--- Primary is Dark
Kingdra Water / Dragon <--- Primary is Water
Krookodile Ground / Dark <--- Primary is Ground
Machamp Fighting
Mew Psychic
Milotic Water
Mismagius Ghost
Nidoking Poison / Ground <--- Primary is Poison
Nidoqueen Poison / Ground <--- Primary is Poison
Porygon2 Normal
Raikou Electric
Registeel Steel
Rhyperior Ground / Rock <--- Primary is Ground
Roserade Grass / Poison <--- Primary is Grass
Rotom-H Electric / Fire <--- Primary is Electric
Sableye Dark / Ghost <--- Primary is Dark
Shaymin Grass
Slowbro Water / Psychic <--- Primary is Water
Snorlax Normal
Stoutland Normal
Suicune Water
Swampert Water / Ground <--- Primary is Water
Togekiss Normal / Flying<--- Primary is Normal
Umbreon Dark
Victini Psychic / Fire <---Primary is Psychic
Weavile Dark / Ice <--- Primary is Dark
Xatu Psychic / Flying <--- Primary is Psychic
Zapdos Electric / Flying <--- Primary is Electric
Zoroark Dark

This is just a thought, like I said, new to this whole Competitive Pokemon thing.

Basically it could make anything with decent speed and defenses of use as a weather control Pokemon.

Now this isnt an idea Im submitting but I also thought about an item that reverses the effect of of stat effecting moves. Aka Someone uses Screech on you, your defense increases 2 stages as opposed to decreasing. Just a thought.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Fog and shadow sky don't exist in competitive play, as there is no move or ability to induce either of them.

Bing

Smash Master
I've actually never played B/W the games, but I simply read somewhere that you can have these weather effects in battle in the game is all. Thats why I added them. Regardless they could simply be changed for something else. I am aware there is no move in induce them in battle, so this could be a way of doing so. We're supposed to be making up an item...

Damn I feel dumb now -_-

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
They only existed in the 3rd Gen Shadow Games. You were looking at a source that has been irrelevant for over half a decade lol.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hmm... I got an item idea:
Technical Ring
If the holder uses a move that deals 60 or lower damage, the move deals double the damage.

In otherwords, a Technician portable.

Who I mainly point at using this would be Ambipom ((UU at Smogon)) because he already has Technician. So, combo both the item, Ambipom's ability, and his speed can equal power greater than, what I think, more power than a Choice Banded Ambipom. Fake Out is 40 as of now. 2x=80. So, with the item, it turns into 4x=160. With STAB, that would be a feared item that would be used.

Another Pokemon is Weavile and Ice Shard. He doesn't know technician, so it turns into 80 with STAB. Weavile also learns Fake Out, which gets that awesome flinch x 80 power.

This band could wreck many Pokemon over. Imagine giving it to Umbreon with Payback... Lol...

Just an idea. It's basically a ring that gvies the Pokemon the Technician ability along with their own. It's like Air Balloon, except more aggressive.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Reptition Ring.

Atk and Spa rise +1 everytime you use the same attack in a row. The boost is lost if you switch moves or miss.

This is basically like an upgraded fury cutter. The pokes that benefit from it most are the tinted lens bugs like yanmega, venomoth, butterfree, mothim etc. all of whom are uu or lower, as they can effectively use the same move (usually bug buzz) on most pokemon.

This would work well with pokemon like ninjask, who can pass speed easily. Yanmega would be the best recipient, being the fastest tinted lens bug and also having the strongest offense with 116 spa. If it can come in safely with +2 speed, it could wreck havoc as long as its first opponent can't ohko or status it.

Venomoth doesn't hit as hard, but has a better typing for coming in on stealth rock, and can also use sleep powder and quiver dance to set up a bug buzz chain.

The repetition ring certainly makes these pokes much more of a threat, but isn't an auto win and doesn't brake the game.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Welp,
the prompt is to make an UU pokemon competitively viable in OU, but that would be way too easy.

So I looked at the very depths of hell, Neverused and Rarelyused.

Introducing... the Levitating Carpet!
The Levitating Carpet is an evolved form of my original idea, which was a held item that de-actives the ability of the Pokémon. But hell, I figured, why not go a step further?

The Levitating Carpet disables the ability of the current Pokémon and gives him Levitate.
Moving to the first use, which isn't tier bound;
Trick!
Switcheroo!
Weather wars? No problem, Trick the Levitating Carpet onto the opposing weather starter! Problem solved!
Reuniclus outstalling you? Better remove that Magic Guard!
Can't set up your hazards because of Espeon/Xatu? Get a good read in and trick that Carpet!
Dragonite with Multiscale and Roost? Ewww, but no more! Carpet, boom!

The list goes on and on, for example, suddenly Blissey isn't Status Immune anymore, and Eviolite users will never bug you again! This item would add a lot of depth to the metagame purely by using Trick and Switcheroo!

But on to the real reason why we should incorporate the Levitating Carpet
Check out THEM apples:

and ma homeboi

Give them the Levitating Carpet and you're ready to roll.
No more Truant, no more Slow Start.

I don't even have to get into this. This would introduce two extremely powerful Pokemon and set forth the Normal-type awesomeness.

There is more!
The inherent ability of the Pokemon who uses a Levitating Carpet remains the same.
That means that if your opponent switches in their Porygon2 to wall your Slaking, he will Trace your Truant.
That means that if you tricked a Levitating Carpet onto the opposing Dragonite, you can still Trace the Multiscale.
That means that your Durant

will be able to use Entrainment and Truant to severely cripple opposing Pokemon, without suffering!

No more Shadow Tags, no more Arena Traps, there is the Levitating Carpet to help you!
Wooooooooooooooooosh~
Now your Pokémon can sport the ultimate swag, jus' chillin' on a Carpet while destroying your opponents! This ain't Aladdin, though, and you better not blink, for Regigigas might be flyin' at you on his Carpet!

This is Heatran approved!

(i forgot air balloon existed ._.)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Before someone brings it up, technically, NU and RU Pokemon are also in the UU tier.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Hmm... I got an item idea:
Technical Ring
If the holder uses a move that deals 60 or lower damage, the move deals double the damage.

In otherwords, a Technician portable.

Who I mainly point at using this would be Ambipom ((UU at Smogon)) because he already has Technician. So, combo both the item, Ambipom's ability, and his speed can equal power greater than, what I think, more power than a Choice Banded Ambipom. Fake Out is 40 as of now. 2x=80. So, with the item, it turns into 4x=160. With STAB, that would be a feared item that would be used.

Another Pokemon is Weavile and Ice Shard. He doesn't know technician, so it turns into 80 with STAB. Weavile also learns Fake Out, which gets that awesome flinch x 80 power.

This band could wreck many Pokemon over. Imagine giving it to Umbreon with Payback... Lol...

Just an idea. It's basically a ring that gvies the Pokemon the Technician ability along with their own. It's like Air Balloon, except more aggressive.
Just want to mention.

Technician is a 1.5x boost, and any move boosted any way to get above 60 power (excluding STAB) even if its base power is lower (EX Stored Power no longer gets Technician boosts after a few stat ups, Payback doesn't get boosted when it goes last) won't get Technician Boosted. In your case, Technician Fake out from Ambipom would be 40 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 135. Still a lot.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'll enter the "Sleeping Cap." The holder of Sleeping Cap is asleep (and will stay asleep while holding it) and will recover 1/16th health per turn while asleep.

There's a lot of UU pokemon who would benefit a lot from this. For example, our old friends Machamp and Heracross (and also Hariyama :v) would be able to run a bulky guts sleep talk set that hits hard. An item like this would give Slowbro a big boost, giving him leftovers and a psuedo-immunity to poison, at the cost of having to rely on sleep talk. He'd be quite the wall.

But beyond making tanks that are immune to status and get the luxury of leftovers, at the cost of being able to select their moves, this would give a very scary strategy to Hypno and Banette. Both of them have abilities that make them immune to sleep, and they have Trick. They'd be able to cripple an opponent's pokemon (though they wouldn't be entirely useless, thanks to the actual benefits sleeping cap brings them).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just want to mention.

Technician is a 1.5x boost, and any move boosted any way to get above 60 power (excluding STAB) even if its base power is lower (EX Stored Power no longer gets Technician boosts after a few stat ups, Payback doesn't get boosted when it goes last) won't get Technician Boosted. In your case, Technician Fake out from Ambipom would be 40 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 135. Still a lot.
Oh, my apologies. Thanks for the clarification.

So, lemme revamp my idea, here.

Techical Ring:

Gives the wielder the ability Technician along with their own. The ability given is exactly the same as Technician, itself.

Still, Ambipom would get a huge boost out of that. But tbh, I think this ring would help at least 55% of the UU Pokemon, or more.

Top Bottom