• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pokémon Sun and Moon bingo thread

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Pokémon Sun and Moon have been announced late February 2016 a the next generation of Pokémon, ready to launch at the end of this year! While we don't have much information right now, it's still fun to speculate about what the new generation will add to the Pokémon roster, and with the concept of Mega Evolutions introduced in XY and extended with ORAS with about two new dozens of them, it's fairly reasonable to expect more later, adding a new layer to the pre-release speculation.

Considering how little we know right now about the next games, it's maybe the ideal moment to launch a speculation thread under a game format: the Pokémon Sun and Moon bingo! Create your list of Pokémon concepts and possible additions to the poll of Pokémon able to Mega Evolve, post it in a bingo format and, when everything will be known about the new generation, anyone who completed a line is deemed winner!

Here are bingo templates available for use if anyone wants:

Rules specific to the Mega Evolution bingo:
- You cannot put "counterpart" Pokémon in the same line. By "counterparts" I mean members of the same group, example: starters or fossils from the same generation, same legendary trio, more specifics things like Solroc/Lunatone and Zangooze/Seviper, etc.
- New evolutionary relatives who are individual Pokémon on their own right and not Mega Evolutions must not be added here, rather in the Pokémon concept bingo.
- You can include Pokémon who already have a Mega Evolution, but you win only if they get yet another Mega Evolution in the next generation. Not that I necessarily encourage you to do it either.

Rules specific to Pokémon concepts bingo:
- Your descriptions must give the reader an idea of what the Pokémon could potentially look like, or at least what could make them unique.
- Try to be specific in your descriptions: things like "small bird Pokémon" or "cute bug Pokémon" are too generic and thus too likely to be filled. If you want, you may use specific type combinations to become more specific in this case, as long as you're not using something too common like pure Normal, Normal/Flying, Bug/Flying, etc.
- By extension, it's not allowed to fill cases with mere descriptions of common Pokémon archetypes found in almost every generation. Of course you can mention them as long as you add some unique describers to make them more specific.
- Specific typings without anything else to describe your Pokémon never counts as valid, no matter how unique these typings may be.
- New evolutionary relatives to old Pokémon must be added here, not in the Mega Evolution bingo.
- Deliberate attempts at describing a Pokémon who have already been revealed will not be tolerated, for obvious reasons. (For example, you're not allowed to fill a case in a deliberate attempt at describing Magearna of the unnamed wireframe bird Pokémon seen in the Direct.)

And to launch this game, I'm going to post my Pokémon Sun and Moon Mega Evolution bingo, right now!

I didn't have the time yet to do my Pokémon concepts bingo, but I'm for sure going to do it later! Anyway, good luck to everyone, and may the best speculator win!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Mega Bingo Predictions...

Some are deemed somewhat likely...
Some are wants...
Others are more bold predictions...

will get around to the concepts in a bit...will need to do some brainstorming first...

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
Question! On the Pokémon concept bingo, can I draw the pokémons and write "Something like this" with some description pointing out on what I mean (Type, general size, evolutions... etc.) and get it right if it's somewhat like it (not exactly like it cause that's impossible) Makes it easier to show what I mean when predicting :p

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Question! On the Pokémon concept bingo, can I draw the pokémons and write "Something like this" with some description pointing out on what I mean (Type, general size, evolutions... etc.) and get it right if it's somewhat like it (not exactly like it cause that's impossible) Makes it easier to show what I mean when predicting :p
Of course, go ahead!

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Here, I took a crack at it. Never done any kind of photo editing since I was in 7th grade, 6 years ago! So I am quite proud of my presentation, even if it isn't anything special or unique.
I would like to explain a few of these:
Volcarona: I'm surprised nobody else thought of this one. It is literally the Sun pokemon, and I think that it certainly will get a mega considering it already has gotten special treatment for some reason. BTW this is my least favorite pokemon so it pains me to accept the fact that it will be getting a mega, but I think that it's too likely.
Flygon and Milotic: I just really want these ones. They are long overdue.
Zoroark: Lucario got one last gen, so I think that Zoroark will this gen. I also really like the idea of this one, where Zoroark fools you or something with its disguise, then SURPRISE! It casts off the facade and dunks on you.
Heliolisk, Solrock, Sunflora, Ninetails: Pokemon SUN
Clefable, Cresselia, Lunatone, Noctowl, Musharna: Pokemon MOON
Kabutops: Aerodactyl got one, so why not Kabutops?
All the rest are pretty much just hunches. Maybe some nods to sun- or moon-like stuff, but they could use a mega and are capable of getting one.

I will be filling out the speculation card later. I got some Farfetch'd stuff to put on that one! Huehuehue! (Ugh I feel terrible making that pun)

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Concepts bingo chart more or less done...with half assed descriptions for each...wanted to try to get this done for tomorrow, just in case, though I'm not expecting anything related to Sun/Moon...

Like my Megas chart this is a combination of plausible concepts, wanted concepts, and some more bolder but yet rather interesting concepts...
I could've drawn them all but, I'm too lazy...plus I'm better at drawing in a more realistic style, than a more simplistic anime style that we see in Pokemon...
pokemon concept bingo copy.jpg
B-1-Pele...Fire/Fairy...perhaps we could see a legendary pokemon that is inspired by the Hawaiian Volcano goddess, Pele...In Hawaiian mythology she has numerous siblings and perhaps a combination of her and two other siblings could form a legendary trio of sorts...I can see this pokemon become possibly a Fairy type as well, her appearance could be loosely based on the hula girls found in Hawaii possibly with little fiery flowers around her neck and in her hair which would be long and white in reference to what is called 'Pele's hair' which are actually strands of glass as a result of Volcanic activity

I-1-Fire Tiger...Fire...Fire starters are based on the Chinese Zodiac, and a Tiger is one remaining unused option that can be potentially badass...Like other fire starters it starts off as a little tiger cub with a little flame on it's tail, but as it grows this flame turns into a blazing mane, there's no secondary type because this Tiger's all about that fire

N-1-Cane Toad...Fire/Poison...There's actually a lot of different types a Cane Toad could turn out to be, ideally I'd like an OP Fire/Ground with Dry Skin, there's also Ground/Poison, Dark/Poison, or just Poison...This Pokemon has red skin with brownish warts unlike other toads and frogs in pokemon this one remains a quadruped but is big and fat with it's eyes similar to Froakie's eye with slit pupils, cept the colours would likely be inversed, black eyes with yellow pupils...

G-1-Chupacabra...Dark...The cryptid sighted mostly in around the latin americas and the sountern US...thought to have come from space, it has a dark green body and big red eyes, and sharp fang like teeth, along with a row of blue spines trailing down it's hunched back...a single stage pokemon found in or around cave mostly at night, known for terrorizing the local Skiddo's...has access to moves like bite, crunch, leech life, Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Pin Missile, and a variety of other dark type moves...

O-1-Dragon Eeveelution...Dragon...I believe we are getting it...it's gonna happen finally in this Gen (I hope). A dragon type Eeveelution...most interpretations I saw involved a very European inspired design, while they are pretty cool, I think a more Eastern inspired design suites Eevee a lot better...I can imagine a flowing mane and antlers like those on Chinese dragons, perhaps long trailing whiskers that run it's entire body's length, it's body would be a yellowish colour, with a blueish mane and underbelly, with red spines running down it's back and tail that ends in a fiery tuft of fur (it's colours are similar to the dragon statue in the example)...I think a design like this would go nicely with Sylveon...

----

B-2-Hummingbird...Grass/Flying...Not the bird teased in teh trailer (still don't understand why peoploe are calling it a hummingbird :facepalm:) will have a small compact body simialr to woobat, will have a bright red throat with buzzing wings and a long pointy bill...perhaps it could have a bright yellow flower on it's head or something...

I-2-Quetzalcoal...Flying/Dragon...I've seen several ideas pitched of a Dunsparce evolution based on Quetzalcoatl...however I'd prefer if we got either a legend or Psurdo leged based on the Aztec serpent...It could be pretty colourful as well and a unique take on dragon with colourful plumed feathers on it's wings and tail...it could have a stone-like head similar to the many Aztecan statues that depict Qutzalcoatl

N-2-Moon Moth...Bug/Psychic...Volcarona, meet your new Lunar counterpart...volcarona is said to have a connection to the sun while this guy is tied to the Moon (I mean it is based off of the Luna moth), like volcarona it's first stage would be a little caterpillar that would take forever to evolve, but is worth it in the end as this guy would be rather powerful with a very high special attack...a few Moth/Butterfly Pokemon have the capability to use psychic abilities and have access to moves like moonlight, so it makes sense for one to become a Psychic type, and it's connection to the moon gives it it's power...Perhaps it can use it's eye spots for Hypnosis and Glare and stuff...Psybeams and Bug Buzzes for days...

G-2-Ice Wolf...Ice/Dark...a great candidate for a Moon exclusive pokemon, Wolves are heavily associated with moons...Hawaii may not seem an appropriate setting for Ice types, but each generation as seen at least one pokemon from each type introduced (not counting types introduced in later gens of course)...much like the leaked list it's starting form could be Ice/Normal then evolving into an Ice/Dark type...Not much else to it, it's an Ice Wolf...With likely White, Black and Grey fur and a glorious Wolf's mane

O-2-Peacock...Grass/Flying...it is almost criminal we don't have a peacock pokemon yet...such beautiful birds have so much potential...I can see them implementing various colourful flowers on it's tail, perhaps one on it's head where it's crest is...this pokemon could be built with the sun in mind so it definitely fits Pokemon Sun to a tee with especially with the ability Chlorophyll...and you know what why not make this guy the grass starter? starts off as a small pudgy Quail before finally becoming a blooming bird of brilliance!...

----

B-3-Samoan Warriors....Water/Fighting...Samoan tribes are found throughout the Pacific, from Hawaii all the way down to New Zealand...A fighting type based on these indiginous people would be rather interesting...however just a plain old humanoid is boring so let's sprinkle it with some shark features as well...Sharks are rather important in Hawaiian mythology with the God Kamohoali'li, the Hawaiian Shark God and brother of Pele...The samoan use a number of weapons that resemble clubs and paddles that are lined with Shark teeth as well, so this pokemon could likely have shark teeth like protusions lining it's arms and legs for some seriously damaging attacks...it would likely be wearing what looks like long grass and perhaps have several markings that resemble Samoan tattoos...It is worth mentioning that Kamohoali'li is the brother of Pele, so this guy could also possibly be another part of that theoretical trio I spoke of with Pele...

I-3-Sea Snake/Krait...Water/Poison...Never too many water types, and if this game's gonna have lots of water we'll need more pokemon to put in there...And I like snakes so any excuse to add a new snake to the game is a good one...Like it real-life counterpart it'll likely have the black and white stripes whicha re actually effective camouflage, not that it needs it as Sea snakes are amoung the msot venomous snakes on Earth...I can see a two stage evolution with a tiny little snake like Tynamo or something, then evolves into a monster like Seviper...

N-3-Free!!...Free Type!!!....It's FREEEEEEEE!!!

G-3-Fiery Tiki Head....Fire/Grass...It's general design resembles the Ancient Relic from X and Y...It mostly made of wood but has fire within it's mouth and smoke rising from the top of it's head...its kinda like a sentient statue in a way (like Probopass) and just sort of floats there with it's mouth open wide revealing its inner flames...

O-3-Poison Shrew...Normal/Poison...The regional rodent, starts off as a simple little Normal type mouse then turns into a nasty critter...I can picture it looking like a rugged looking rat similar to Raticate with Dark grey fur and a long snout with sharp teeth, and small beady black eyes...This pokemon of course would have all sorts of biting moves like Hyper Fang, Super Fang, Poison Fang, Bite, Crunch, and the elemental fangs...as well as access to learning most HM's like other HM slaves...Ability is Poison touch, and Immunity for it's first form...

----

B-4-Star-nosed Mole...Ground/Fairy...A small happy looking mole pokemon...It stands upright with it's clawed toes just barely visible under it's belly, while it's clawed arms hang forward (similar body type to Pikachu with Sandslash like claws) It has no tail save for a little stub, but it's defining feature is the pink star like shape on it's forehead...It's body is a muddy brown with a flesh coloured belly...It specializes in mud-based attacks, like Mud Bomb and Mud Shot...can learn moves like Play Rough as well as all the obligatory 'cute' moves like Charm and Baby-doll eyes...and of course moves like Slash and scratch...

I-4-Dolphin...Water/Psychic...The pictured Dolphin is a Common Dolphin, it has some neat patternings on it's body such as a greyish yellow that runs down it's sides...I can see the pokemon Dolphin taking cues from this Dolphin possibly since the more well known Bottlenose is jsut a boring grey...like Wailmer and Spheal I can possibly see the Dolphin having a very round shape, perhaps not as round since they are known for being rather streamlined and fast swimmers

N-4-Gila Monster...Poison/Ground...the leaked list really got me wanting a pokemon like this, as it would be acool addition to a desert like area. Gila Monsters are one of two venomous lizards (other is the Beaded Lizard) so Poison typing is a much I can see it looking very much like it does irl actually, maybe with purple and yellow instead of black and yellow...

G-4-Water Elephant...Water...We need more elephants and I need a water starter, my other two starters are from Asia, and an Elephant that sprays a blast of Water sounds just too damn appealing...When it comes to it's design perhaps it could have some hardened plating that resembles some of Elephant battle Armour, which gives it a high defense but no Steel typing...

O-4-Shrunken Head...Ghost...you think pokedex entries are creepy now?...various South American tribes are notorious head hunters and unlucky victims will have their heads shrunken in special rituals that are said to help trap their souls within their heads...I can literally picture this pokemon being a little floating head with sown lips, it's eyes are not sown shut like other shrunken heads but when opened will reveal black voids that steal people's souls or something...

----

B-5-Raptor Fossil...Rock/Dark...with feathers and all, as much as some disbelieve in feathers on dinosaurs, I think it allows for mroe creativity, especially for Raptors...perhaps it could have a blackish crest as well as black feathers on it's arms and tail and maybe a bit more colour on it's head and torso, perhaps a reddish colour while the rest of it will be a tanned colour...I could compare this pokemon to Weavile interms of stats and abilities; high speed, high attack, frail as ****...specializes in slashing, heck they could even share the same abilities in Pressure and Pickpocket...it's fossil could be called the 'Sickle Fossil'

I-5-Dunkleosteus Fossil...Rock/Water...This is a pretty badass prehistoric fish, and probably one of the most fearsome underwater predators...I can see this being like somekind of ancient rival to Relicanth that has died off while Relicanth is till happily swimming along in the depths...has a Tyranitar-like green on it's bony head with a blueish body, it's body is loinger and bulkier than Relicanth's...It could be revived from the 'Gill Fossil' or something...

N-5-Baby Tropius...Grass...I can see a little baby Tropius be introduced, imagine Tropius shaped similar to a little Chikorita with it's leaves being nothing but little buds on it's back, with one big leaf over where it's tail would be...it's bananas haven't grown yet and it's body is a greenish colour similar to how tree saplings start off as a green before their bark starts to turn the greyish brown...

G-5-Marlin/Swordfish...Water/Flying...Some of the fastest creatures in the ocean this guy would have a huge Speed stat, it would also have a pretty high attack due to its might snout...Its body mostly a pale blue with vertical dark blue stripes and a dark blue head and a large triangular dorsal fin fit for a streamlined swimmer...it could potentially be a rival to Sharpedo which is also known for it's high speed and attack...The flying typing comes from the fact that it can leap a fair distance out of the water if needed, also from an idea that it may evolve from a flying fish which would be cool also...plus if Mantine adn Gyarados can get away with flying typing then why not a Marlin?...There could also be some story arc involving sport fishing for these pokemon like how they are saught after by real-life fisherman...

O-5-Weta...Bug/Ice...Weta's are known for their ability to survive being compeltely frozen solid which is a bizarre feat for an insect, a rather large insect...the pokemon could be a single stage evolution with a body type that's similar to that of Ariados, with a pale greenish body possibly with ice crystal sticking out here and there...it's attack and defense would be very high but it would be quite slow....

Last edited:

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
Well I'm working on the Mega Evolution Chart. Since I want to draw every Pokémon on it myself, I might not be done before the Direct tomorrow, so I'll post what I got and just update this post whenever it progress.

Now you can see that I don't cheat if some MEs are announced tomorrow.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well I'm working on the Mega Evolution Chart. Since I want to draw every Pokémon on it myself, I might not be done before the Direct tomorrow, so I'll post what I got and just update this post whenever it progress.

Now you can see that I don't cheat if some MEs are announced tomorrow.
You do know Salamence already has a Mega or are you predicting he'll get a second one?

edit: I also noticed that those of us that chose Feraligatr put him in the exact same square on our templates...lol

Last edited:

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
hmm... must've slipped that one. I'll replace it :p

EDIT: Done. Golduck's safe, right?

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
How do you post pictures?

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
How do you post pictures?
You can either attach them from files on your computer...below the text box you'll see [Upload a File] next to [Post Reply]...you can probably just drag and drop into the text box...

or

you can post image URL from an image hosting site like Photobucket or imgur with [IMG*]<insert image URL>[/IMG*] (make sure you remove the *), as well click the picture icon, next to the :reverse: icon on the toolbar above the textbox and just copy the link where it asks...

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Ok Thx. I was trying to copy and paste from Paint.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, so this is where people are posting these

TBH I'm not sure they are going to continue the Mega gimmick into Sun/ Moon

But,

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
I was honestly not hoping they would. I've never been a fan of the ME thing. But now I kinda want them to so we get the competition :p

Here's mine:

A mix of Pokemon who are likely to get one imo and who I want to get one.

EDIT: Accidentally put Typhlosion and Feraligatr to same row. I'll fix that.

EDIT 2: Fixed.

Last edited:

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
My Pokémon concept bingo sheet:

1A - Type: Electric/steel, Based on a Tesla Coil.
1B - Type: Fire Looks, like a snake on fire.
1C - Type: Ice, Based on a Polar Bear.
1D - Type: Water/Bug, Based on a water beatle.
1E - Type: Normal, Based on a chicken. Pokémon you meet at the first zone and is considered useless, though get a little stronger when evolved.

2A - Type: Rock, A huge rock head with an enormous tongue. Kinda like a Draco Head.
2B - Type: Rock, Eeveelution. Rock plated and sharp looking.
2C - Type: Poison/Flying, Bat. Swarms caves and kinda replace Zubat, even though Zubat might still be in the game.
2D - Type: Grass/Flying, Based on the final stage of a dandelion. (Know something similar already exist, but I ran out of ideas.)
2E - Type: Normal/Ground, Based on an Australian long legged mouse.

3A - Type: Ghost, Ghost cat based on the cheshire cat.
3B - Type: Fire/Dark, A dark ball on fire.
3C - FREE SPACE
3D - Type: Ice/Fighting, A white dinosaur thingie based on the game "Hockey" but with a lance as a weapon. (This might be too specific...)
3E - Type: Electric, Based on a squirrel.

4A - Type: Poison/Dark, A some sort of lizard with a gassmask.
4B - Type: Ground, Based on an ant eater.
4C - Type: Bug (Bug/Flying), A pokemon based on a mosquito. Only one I've drawn all 3 stages of evolution.
4D - Type: Air, Eeveelution air type. Covered in clouds.
4E - Type: Fairy, A fairy type based on a zebra and a unicorn.

5A - Type: Dragon, Last stage of an evolution that is a psuedo legendary. Have some mythical background, might even come from a fosil.
5B - Type: Grass/Ghost, looks like a some sort of larva ghost. Based on a musical note.
5C - Type: Grass/Dragon, A dragon with a flower on its head, back or tail. (I drew head.)
5D - Type: Water, A fish with a sting on its tail.
5E - Type: Ground, Based on a potato.

It's only sketches and description so far... I'll update it with outlining and colour once I got time to do that. I got more important stuff to complete first :p

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
After a few weeks I've finally finalized my new Pokémon concepts bingo sheet it time before getting any substantial info:

inb4 I get none of these

And while we're at it I've also made a third bingo "miscellaneous" sheet for other things such as the region, game mechanics, or other Pokémon-related things which are not substantial enough to be put in the bingo above:

To tell the truth than third bingo was made quicker than the Pokémon concepts one.
Also even though it won't be easy to do I'm considering to not follow news on the games so when I get them I discover myself as much things as possible, like how I discovered gen III and V with no prior knowledge of these generations' Pokédex before playing these games. Gen VI was another story since I followed every little bit of pre-release news, which wasn't a bad thing but I want to re-experiment what I did with generation III and V. Well of course it's not going to be as good as I'd want it to be if the new region fails once again at putting its new Pokémon in the spotlight comparatively to the old ones like XY did u_u
Overall the only things I care about knowing pre-release are the release date and box mascots, plus whatever is revealed at E3 which will be fair game. Of course that won't be easy, but thankfully it's possible to disable internet pictures which I'm going to do on all websites related to Nintendo as soon as substantial infos come.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My Pokémon concept bingo sheet:

1A - Type: Electric/steel, Based on a Tesla Coil.
1B - Type: Fire Looks, like a snake on fire.
1C - Type: Ice, Based on a Polar Bear.
1D - Type: Water/Bug, Based on a water beatle.
1E - Type: Normal, Based on a chicken. Pokémon you meet at the first zone and is considered useless, though get a little stronger when evolved.

2A - Type: Rock, A huge rock head with an enormous tongue. Kinda like a Draco Head.
2B - Type: Rock, Eeveelution. Rock plated and sharp looking.
2C - Type: Poison/Flying, Bat. Swarms caves and kinda replace Zubat, even though Zubat might still be in the game.
2D - Type: Grass/Flying, Based on the final stage of a dandelion. (Know something similar already exist, but I ran out of ideas.)
2E - Type: Normal/Ground, Based on an Australian long legged mouse.

3A - Type: Ghost, Ghost cat based on the cheshire cat.
3B - Type: Fire/Dark, A dark ball on fire.
3C - FREE SPACE
3D - Type: Ice/Fighting, A white dinosaur thingie based on the game "Hockey" but with a lance as a weapon. (This might be too specific...)
3E - Type: Electric, Based on a squirrel.

4A - Type: Poison/Dark, A some sort of lizard with a gassmask.
4B - Type: Ground, Based on an ant eater.
4C - Type: Bug (Bug/Flying), A pokemon based on a mosquito. Only one I've drawn all 3 stages of evolution.
4D - Type: Air, Eeveelution air type. Covered in clouds.
4E - Type: Fairy, A fairy type based on a zebra and a unicorn.

5A - Type: Dragon, Last stage of an evolution that is a psuedo legendary. Have some mythical background, might even come from a fosil.
5B - Type: Grass/Ghost, looks like a some sort of larva ghost. Based on a musical note.
5C - Type: Grass/Dragon, A dragon with a flower on its head, back or tail. (I drew head.)
5D - Type: Water, A fish with a sting on its tail.
5E - Type: Ground, Based on a potato.

It's only sketches and description so far... I'll update it with outlining and colour once I got time to do that. I got more important stuff to complete first :p

Basically already a zebra unicorn

This thread has been surpisingly quiet for months... Now it looks like we are not getting any Mega evos at all. Should the Mega bingos be changed into Alolan form bingos? Some of the Pokemon on Mega bingo sheets have got Alolan forms.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This thread has been surpisingly quiet for months... Now it looks like we are not getting any Mega evos at all. Should the Mega bingos be changed into Alolan form bingos? Some of the Pokemon on Mega bingo sheets have got Alolan forms.
Well if that's the case then I got Exeggutor and Sandslash right....

I don't think mega evolution will be outright removed though we would've gotten a couple by now if they were adding some new ones...

I'm still sitting with only my Fire Tiger Starter prediction...though according to credible rumours I'll be getting the Dolphin correct...

Well if that's the case then I got Exeggutor and Sandslash right....
I haven't got any hits yet. But I'm almost guaranteed to get one in the future (Persian).

I don't think mega evolution will be outright removed though we would've gotten a couple by now if they were adding some new ones...
Yeah, I doubt they will be removed, but I also doubt we'll get any new ones (unless the leak of a certain Mega-Evolving Pokemon getting Alolan form is true), which is why I suggested the Mega bingos to be counted as Alolan form bingos.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I haven't got any hits yet. But I'm almost guaranteed to get one in the future (Persian).

Yeah, I doubt they will be removed, but I also doubt we'll get any new ones (unless the leak of a certain Mega-Evolving Pokemon getting Alolan form is true), which is why I suggested the Mega bingos to be counted as Alolan form bingos.
I'd probably want to make some changes to my bingo if we are going by Alola forms though...firstly so far we've gotten Kanto pokemon with Alola forms, while that doesn't mean other Gens won't have any, its not likely we will get very many at this point...

For one I wouldn't bet on either Haxorus and Zoroark getting Alola forms for example...(though if it means I'll get a Dragon/Steel Haxorus I won't complain)

I actually feel like Solrock and Lunatone could be getting Z-moves actually...Sun and Moon based Z-crystals built for the Sun and Moon pokemon could be pretty neat...I'm really curious what other Z-moves they'll come up with for other pokemon...

I'd probably want to make some changes to my bingo if we are going by Alola forms though...firstly so far we've gotten Kanto pokemon with Alola forms, while that doesn't mean other Gens won't have any, its not likely we will get very many at this point...

For one I wouldn't bet on either Haxorus and Zoroark getting Alola forms for example...(though if it means I'll get a Dragon/Steel Haxorus I won't complain)
Of course. I would ask the thread owner about the rule change, but he wants to avoid Sun & Moon info until game's release...

I actually feel like Solrock and Lunatone could be getting Z-moves actually...Sun and Moon based Z-crystals built for the Sun and Moon pokemon could be pretty neat...I'm really curious what other Z-moves they'll come up with for other pokemon...
Yeah, me too.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Now that the games are released and I now know all of the games' secrets I can finally give a conclusion to my bingoes!

First my Mega Evolution bingo was in hindsight useless. I assumed it was a pretty future-proof way to easily introduce new forms for old Pokémon and thus more of them would be inevitable but in these games it is just there merely as a legacy feature for post-game (and honestly I don't mind Mega Evolutions being post-game only at all, imo Mega Moves aka Z-moves makes more sense for the main adventure from a game design standpoint). That said that generation still introduced a new way to introduce new forms to older Pokémon, once again better suited for the main adventure imo, at least I got Muk and Dugtrio in my bingo so I guess I was 95.83% wrong rather than 100% ahah. (I don't have a grudge against Mega Evolutions I believe it's a cool way to revisit old gen mons, but let's face it from a game design standpoint it isn't as well suited for the main adventure as Z-moves and regional forms.)

Now for my new Pokémon concept bingo: I got nothing truly right, actually most of what I've put doesn't remotely look like anything we actually got, but there are some things I bet on that remind me of actual gen VII Pokémon:
- we indeed got another Pokémon with the Combee syndrome, but it's not based on an ant at all (rather a lizard);
- we indeed got a Dragon/Fighting Pokémon, but its head doesn't look like a fist at all;
- we indeed got a spiky echinoderm Pokémon, but in the form of a predator starfish rather than an urchin;
- the closest thing I got was the silverfish - Wimpod, while being actually based on an isopod, still somewhat looks like a silverfish and has the same dual typing I would have expected from a Pokémon based on said animal.

And now for something more interesting, the results for the miscellaneous bingo I did:

Unfortunately I got no line without a red cross. Let's look into detail at each square:

Gen V finally gets its fair share of Mega Evolutions: nope it didn't because there was no new Mega Evolution anyway. I wonder whether they didn't introduce any because they're keeping them for the next pair of gen VII games because they didn't need any to introduce a new fresh generation, or they're truly done with the concept which is now just a legacy feature from gen VI.
An old gen legendary gets a pre-evolution and is retconned as non-legendary: I admit this one was an unlikely super wild card and unsurprisingly didn't happen.

Generation II starters gifted or catchable in-game: minus the gifted part. They are but neither are in the regional Pokédex or have any story relevance nor any kind of new form.
Pokémon can now switch between their regular and hidden Ability: nope they still can't.
IV system either massively overhauled or removed completely: it's hasn't been removed, and for the other case... well, "massively overhauled" seems like an overstatement, but it's undeniable that being able to outright bypass imperfect IVs thank to hyper training is huge. Now we won't have to exploit the RNG or to reset forever to bypass an aspect of the game that's absolutely terribly designed for online and competitive battling, especially for unbreedable mons.

Regional Pokédex is different between versions: while of course there are the traditional versions exclusives as well as different Pokédex descriptions, the regional Pokédexes not having the same Pokémon between counterpart versions is still not a thing.
Countermeasure against No Guard Fissure Machamp: old gen transfer is not possible yet and we still have no idea of how Pokémon from gen I VC will be converted to the gen VII format. But even if it's confirmed this bingo still loses anyway.
No Dark-type gym again: by default kind of filled since there's no proper gym in this game anyway, but there's a kinf-of equivalent in the form of the Kahuna Nanu.
Pokémon can now learn their egg moves after birth (no need to breed new ones anymore): there's an actual example in the form of Pikachu who now can learn Volt Tackle through a move tutor rather than the traditional Light Ball breeding, but that's such a minor thing in the grand scheme of what this concept actually implied it's not worth giving this more than a red cross.
Even more "-ate" abilities: yeah there's only one and it ends by "-ize" rather than "-ate", but it keeps the spirit of the archetype and that's the only thing that matters.

Moves and abilities that give an additional type (like Forest's Curse and Trick-or-Treat) become more commonplace: none was introduced so no.
Hidden Power type determination no longer based on IVs (and Fairy-type Hidden Power finally possible): besides the fact I just noticed I typoed "Faity" instead of "Fairy" in my bingo sheet, no it's the same as previous gens, asides from the fact Hyper Training allows to bypass the inherent speed reduction from HP Fire for example.
New "control" status effect (allows to take control of an opposing Pokémon in double and triple battles): in addition from the fact triple battles are absent this generation, no it's not a thing. It seemed unlikely anyway.

Mega Kangaskhan gets nerfed: this one was overdue and is unsurprising. Parental Bond nerfed from 50% to 25% boost.

Better balance between old and new Pokémon in the regional dex (not the extremes from BW and XY): while we're still far from Hoenn level of balance (thus preventing the square from getting a green check mark), there's about the same amount of new Pokémon as XY but a considerably smaller regional dex, statistically giving newer Pokémon more visibility. Not to mention the new regional forms which may as well be counted as entirely new Pokémon.
Standing-out scapegoat Pokémon who seems to get all the hate (like Garbodor): while for what I've seen Crabominable seems to be the overall least popular new Pokémon of this generation (due to late evolution, meh stats and being kinda ugly) I don't think the level of dislike it gets matches that of "muh garbage Pokémon" or "muh ice cream Pokémon".
Importing Zygarde from gen VI games allows to unlock its new forms: Zygarde is already available in Sun and Moon with its new forms and even part of the Alola Pokédex, so no.

No new Eeveelution: I was right on this one and Eevee's signature Z-move strongly suggests that Game Freak is simply done with Eeveelutions.
Importing event Volcanion from gen VI unlocks Magearna: although it could have been a movie tie-in similar to how the event Johto legendaries unlock Zorua and Zoroark in BW, it's not the case this time.

Character customization returns: I was optimistic about it and I was right.
Finally a Poison-type legendary or mythical Pokémon who isn't Toxic Plate Arceus: I'm not sure whether Ultra Beasts should be considered as legendary Pokémon lore-wise, especially since Nihilego is supposedly fairly common in the Ultra Dimension it comes from, but if we define legendary Pokémon as unbreedables mons with limited in-game availability then yeah it counts.
New Mega Evolutions but not as much as XY or even ORAS: I was right about the "not as much as XY or even ORAS" since technically zero new Mega isn't as much as XY nor ORAS. But the first part of this concept implied we'd get at least one so it doesn't count.
GTS improved to not display trades asking for event-only Pokémon: please tell me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen any Magearna request in the GTS or any request for a Pokémon currently unavailable without transfer from old gen so I assume it's confirmed. Good thing if that's the case. I was sick of these requests for Celebi and co in the XY GTS.
Legendary mascots are shiny locked again: yeah and not just them. No shiny Tapus or Ultra Beasts means there's a huge amount of Pokémon from this gen not currently available as shiny.

And as a bonus I did another bingo, but I didn't share it because when I had the idea to do it there already was a fair amount of time since the first batch of non-Magearna related news so I kept it for myself. It's a bingo about dual typings with new representatives this gen, in which I put either unused or unique dual typings as of ORAS so here it is:

So I got right for formerly unique typings: Oricorio-sensu (previously exclusive to Drifloon line), Celesteela (previously exclusive to Skarmory), Dewspider and Wimpod lines (previously exclusive to Surskit), Morelull line and Tapu Bulu (previously exclusive to Cottonee line). For previously non-existing cobinations, I got Alola Raichu, Alola Sandshrew line, Alola Rattata line and Mimikyu. Kinda sad that I only got one completely new typing combination that truly belongs to a brand new Pokémon... and even then its design is based on the series' mascot so... (And yeah I know I should have put a Dragon/Fighting square somewhere, especially since without it the Dragon type is completely absent from that bingo sheet, but I was no longer satisfied with any potential Dragon/Fighting design I had in mind so I didn't put it in. It backfired when we actually got one. Also such a shame there isn't a Dark/Fairy this gen I was so close from having a bingo.)

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Forgot about this....

My results for Megas....NIL
since there were no new Megas introduced at all unfortunately...but taking Alola forms into consideration I did get :028::076::103:....so there's that, but I'm sure my choices would've been slightly different had we known that we would've gotten regional variants instead of megas...even moreso if we known they'd be for Kanto mons only...

As for concepts....
I got our Fire Starter being a Tiger, though not the right concept...
I did predict a Wolf though the typing is way off...
I did also get a Somoan Warrior being a Fighting type, though I thought it'd be a water type based off of a shark rather than a Scaly Komodo Dragon that does the Haka...

If we're being generous Tapu Fini's shell is kind of modelled after a swordfish...kinda
and I guess that Pele's Hair would be used in some form but not in the way I thought it would be...

I made only a Mega bingo, so I didn't get any hits.

Taking Alolan forms into account, I got two hits: Persian and Golem.

I should've made a type or concept bingo as well...

Top Bottom