• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Planet Earth Thread - Our Planet is Breathtakingly Beautiful

Jane

Smash Hero
finally, a new damn page. it was annoying having to look at that one guys post everytime i came in here >_>

Jane

Smash Hero
iceland is basically like the most beautiful country on earth. i mean sure there are other amazingly beautiful countries, but none are as well-preserved and isolated from the rest of the world like iceland is.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I'm slowly working on mapping my travels in Google Maps. Is it possible to attach images to certain locations? Would be a nice collection of "planet earth" images I (or my travelmates) have taken.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
iceland is basically like the most beautiful country on earth. i mean sure there are other amazingly beautiful countries, but none are as well-preserved and isolated from the rest of the world like iceland is.
Makes sense, Lot of the amazing pictures on this thread were in Iceland.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The Earth has unlimited beauty, so much that it presses in on us--we only have to take the time to notice it. When we see things daily, it is normal for a human to become used to it, and to forget how beautiful it is. So I'm making this post as an ode to the state I have spent almost my entire life in--and this is only a small sample of what my state has to offer.
What I'm trying to say is you don't have to travel long distances to experience the Earth's beauty.
Well, unless you live in Iowa
[collapse=Florida]
The Keys- The southern island archipelago of Florida, the Keys are a well known vacation spot for good reason

Water spouts are relatively common during the summer months, very few are caused by strong tornado level storm cells

Fort Jefferson at the Dry Tortugas National Park- Located west of Key West, this Fort is situated on an isle barely big enough to contain it (I'm looking to travel here soon.)

Everglades National Park- The most well-known national park in Florida is little more than swamplands, but even swamps are beautiful

Biscayne National Park- Located East of Homestead, this parks has the longest stretch of mangrove forest on Florida's East coast

Biscayne is one of the most heavily scuba-dived (dove?) places in Florida; the vast majority of the park is water

Blue Springs State Park- Located within walking distance of where I am typing this, this spring is known for occasionally attracting large populations of manatees (and fireflies)

Apalachicola- The birthplace of modern airconditioning (say thank you!), this old-timey southern town is situated on one of the many powdered beaches of the west coast of Florida

It's a nice quiet small town, so small it seems google images doesn't have much showing its beach
[/collapse]

Jane

Smash Hero
i agree with you man. i live an arizona and it's annoying when people (especially natives) write this state off as just "crappy brown desert" based on what they see when they look out the window from the highway.

this state has so much beauty all over the place, not just in the grand canyon, but in many pockets across the entire state.

too lazy to find pictures, but yeah.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The Earth has unlimited beauty, so much that it presses in on us--we only have to take the time to notice it. When we see things daily, it is normal for a human to become used to it, and to forget how beautiful it is. So I'm making this post as an ode to the state I have spent almost my entire life in--and this is only a small sample of what my state has to offer.
What I'm trying to say is you don't have to travel long distances to experience the Earth's beauty.
Well, unless you live in Iowa
[collapse=Florida]
The Keys- The southern island archipelago of Florida, the Keys are a well known vacation spot for good reason

Water spouts are relatively common during the summer months, very few are caused by strong tornado level storm cells

Fort Jefferson at the Dry Tortugas National Park- Located west of Key West, this Fort is situated on an isle barely big enough to contain it (I'm looking to travel here soon.)

Everglades National Park- The most well-known national park in Florida is little more than swamplands, but even swamps are beautiful

Biscayne National Park- Located East of Homestead, this parks has the longest stretch of mangrove forest on Florida's East coast

Biscayne is one of the most heavily scuba-dived (dove?) places in Florida; the vast majority of the park is water

Blue Springs State Park- Located within walking distance of where I am typing this, this spring is known for occasionally attracting large populations of manatees (and fireflies)

Apalachicola- The birthplace of modern airconditioning (say thank you!), this old-timey southern town is situated on one of the many powdered beaches of the west coast of Florida

It's a nice quiet small town, so small it seems google images doesn't have much showing its beach
[/collapse]
Awesome pics Exarch. I never knew Florida had a lot of beautiful locations.

ThaRealSKWEEZY

Smash Cadet
yo jane dat last 1 u posted is like a existenshil exp in pic form. i trippd 2 that 4 like an hour last nite just sittin here lookin at it

hope dis aint been posted but i saw it last nite wen i was lookin 4 more cool **** like dat an it blew my mind out

i think dis is tha salt flats in bolivia but i cud b rong

**** is crazy homeys. like u cud reech out an holla at god hisself

edits- yea i thot so, its tha unyuni salt flat in bolivia. check this **** homeys

Jane

Smash Hero
beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like seeing city landscapes like that. Both in real life and in pictures.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Itsukushima Shine on Miyajima Island, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan

:phone:

Jane

Smash Hero
^i would like to know the answer to that as well.

this might be the very first picture from korea, so yay

Dinosaur Ridge, Seoraksan National Park, South Korea

Top Bottom