• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135706699&postcount=17638

"The leaker I know WhatsApped me this morning.

"The Ridley boss showed in last night's Direct was pretty much the model I saw. Same goes for the Mewtwo reveal. Anyway, sorry, I assumed Ridley would be playable because of the quality of the model. Dixie and Chorus Men could be anything, I guess."

Well, there ya go."
I really don't know whether to trust him anymore, but it's dixie so I really want to believe

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I am majorly hoping to see Dixie make her big debut! I'm sorry, but if Fire Emblem receives 4 playable characters and Kid Icarus receives 3, there is NO WAY Donkey Kong doesn't deserve a third character.

DKC 1,2 & 3 are some of the best Super Nintendo games ever and have stood the test of time. (All three remain GREAT games that are fun to pick up even now with all the great platformers available) Not only that, but DKC Returns & Tropical Freeze have been some of the best platforming games of this generation and were released between Brawl & Sm4sh... we need that represented!!

Dixie is the answer. :-)

Altern

Smash Cadet
I am majorly hoping to see Dixie make her big debut! I'm sorry, but if Fire Emblem receives 4 playable characters and Kid Icarus receives 3, there is NO WAY Donkey Kong doesn't deserve a third character.

DKC 1,2 & 3 are some of the best Super Nintendo games ever and have stood the test of time. (All three remain GREAT games that are fun to pick up even now with all the great platformers available) Not only that, but DKC Returns & Tropical Freeze have been some of the best platforming games of this generation and were released between Brawl & Sm4sh... we need that represented!!

Dixie is the answer. :-)
Very well said sir. Donky Kong Country 3 is to this day one of my favorite games to play. My Super Nintendo is always set up in my room just in case I get the feeling to play a game with Dixie.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Its hard not to believe it when you want it to be true
This is the way I see it... to me it seems unrealistic that Dixie Kong... who has even been planned as playable for past games, wouldn't even get the distinguished role of an assist trophy in Sm4sh... (same MAJORLY applies to Impa) The only reason I can see her (and Impa) not being included in a bigger role (other than trophies) is if they are planned for future DLC. Explanation for the trophies being included? So we won't figure it out!

The Smash Bros team said they will be working on Mewtwo until Spring 2015. Do you reeeaaally think they're continuing to work on Sm4sh after the game development is done just to bring us 1 character? NOPE! There has got to be something more still awaiting us...

(Am I grasping at straws here, yeah... but I just really want it to be true!!)

Altern

Smash Cadet
This is the way I see it... to me it seems unrealistic that Dixie Kong... who has even been planned as playable for past games, wouldn't even get the distinguished role of an assist trophy in Sm4sh... (same MAJORLY applies to Impa) The only reason I can see her (and Impa) not being included in a bigger role (other than trophies) is if they are planned for future DLC. Explanation for the trophies being included? So we won't figure it out!

The Smash Bros team said they will be working on Mewtwo until Spring 2015. Do you reeeaaally think they're continuing to work on Sm4sh after the game development is done just to bring us 1 character? NOPE! There has got to be something more still awaiting us...

(Am I grasping at straws here, yeah... but I just really want it to be true!!)
I have to agree with you there. Why would you have the capability of DLC and only use it for one character. It doesn't really make sense to me. Then there is the fact present in the newest DK game.... Dixie madr her long over due debut! How could they have been planning her for Brawl and scrap her just to comeplely ignore her in the next game when she is more relevant now then she has been since the mid 90's? I'd be shocked if she wasn't DLC

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Dixie, King K. Roll, Wolf and Krystal would complete the DK and Star Fox fans and I happen to be both xD So I was very much unsatisfied with the 3ds roster it just looked incomplete to me and how happy I am that DLC is coming xD When I saw 8 player smash I imagined how awesome it'd be to see Fox,Falco,Wolf, Krystal, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong and King K. Roll duke it out!! *-* he better not stop there at Mewtwo, not all of the Nintendo fans are purely Pokémon and Mario fans! D:

Never posted in this thread but I guess I should have. . . DLC has basically been conformed so hopefully this means good things
(even if it takes awhile)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yes. Congo Jungle (aka the only DK stage pre-Jungle Hijinx that doesn't suck) is back in the Wii U version. Great news :)

Altern

Smash Cadet
I didn't catch that last night! I love that stage!

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
If dixie gets in as dlc what would would be her alts or colors.I'm hoping for a tiny kong and candy kong color even if it is unlikely to get either one

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Great to see everyone here in high spirits. We're now back in the game! Mewtwo as DLC inclusion is definitely a positive sign for other potential characters. Hoping that both K. Rool and Dixie get in to give the DK series the representation it deserves. So good to be back in this thread. Here's to Dixie!

Also, that Jungle Hijinx stage looks absolutely fantastic. I had just recently started playing DKC Returns and that makes it better.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
As long as neither Dixie Kong nor Choir Kids are seen (other than their regular trophy forms) in the games before the DLC, then they must be DLC along with Mewtwo, because that Dutch guy saw MOVING models for these two and Mewtwo.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As long as neither Dixie Kong nor Choir Kids are seen (other than their regular trophy forms) in the games before the DLC, then they must be DLC along with Mewtwo, because that Dutch guy saw MOVING models for these two and Mewtwo.
Or there's another explanation.

Reila

I don't believe SpainKiller is lying solely because 1. He is an old member on NeoGAF and he knows pretty well that making fake leaks = instaban there. He also leaked stuff before. Of course, he could have been lied to, but he is very adamant about trusting his friend. That said, moving models =/= playable characters. Dixie and the Chorus Kids could be Assist Trophies or part of Donkey Kong/Rhythm Heaven stages.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Spainkiller is on thin ice.Especially now that we know ridley is a boss.I don't know hard to tell but i really want dixie

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't believe SpainKiller is lying solely because 1. He is an old member on NeoGAF and he knows pretty well that making fake leaks = instaban there. He also leaked stuff before. Of course, he could have been lied to, but he is very adamant about trusting his friend. That said, moving models =/= playable characters. Dixie and the Chorus Kids could be Assist Trophies or part of Donkey Kong/Rhythm Heaven stages.
Never said any specific person was lying, but most of these people got their info from different sources. And yes, that's exactly right. Moving models does not equal being a playable character.

Reila

Never said any specific person was lying, but most of these people got their info from different sources. And yes, that's exactly right. Moving models does not equal being a playable character.
Never said you said any specific person was lying. :)

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Spainkiller is on thin ice.Especially now that we know ridley is a boss.I don't know hard to tell but i really want dixie
I think he only counted the models that appear more convincing to be playable.
If there really is a moving model of Dixie, and if we haven't found her anywhere (other than regular trophy) in the Wii U version, perhaps Mewtwo isn't the only DLC currently in development.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Jungle Hijinx is one of the coolest stages ever period, I had an idea of layer perspective battling before, I'm probably going to play this stage so many times now.
I remember that. Most people disliked it because the stage seemed to promote camping, but Sakurai put some limits on it.

I don't think Mewtwo is only character is development. DLC is a goldmine if used properly.
My personal thought is that they pushed the curveballs onto the main roster - Greninja, WFT, Duck Hunt Dog, and decided to leave the more popular ones for DLC. I don't many people would have bothered of Greninja or DHD were DLC. It's perfect from a business perspective.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The Jungle Hijinx is one of the coolest stages ever period, I had an idea of layer perspective battling before, I'm probably going to play this stage so many times now.
You know that dual plane thing could work on a Virtual Boy stage too... I am thinking Mario Clash. :awesome:

Awesome that Kongo Jungle 64 is back! Hope Dixie Kong makes the DLC roster along with Toad.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't think Mewtwo is only character is development. DLC is a goldmine if used properly.
My personal thought is that they pushed the curveballs onto the main roster - Greninja, WFT, Duck Hunt Dog, and decided to leave the more popular ones for DLC. I don't many people would have bothered of Greninja or DHD were DLC. It's perfect from a business perspective.
Very well said.

I actually like the oddball characters and I'd prefer to see them in the main roster (because I'm just controversially-oriented like that), but to omit the most-wanted and longest-standing fan favourites altogether is just...well, silly. I have high hopes that Sakurai and the higher-ups at Ninty know what they're doing and that there's plenty of surprises (including a certain pink-clad primate) in store for us~

Reila

It is Duck Hunt, people D:

Anyways, I am just here hoping Dixie (if she is a DLC) uses the guitar in her moveset. Yes, in her moveset, not as a taunt/victory pose D:

Altern

Smash Cadet
It is Duck Hunt, people D:

Anyways, I am just here hoping Dixie (if she is a DLC) uses the guitar in her moveset. Yes, in her moveset, not as a taunt/victory pose D:
I would love it if they mixed in something like that into her moveset.... I think it would be cool if her final smash somehow used the animal buddies from the games to take out the opponent. She has so much potential. Her move could be so cool unique

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking Dixie has a good chance. Here's to hoping she makes it as DLC!

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Words can't express how much I support Dixie Kong as DLC. I also want Lucas and Wolf to return, but most of all I want Dixie. Now, I don't follow the DK series much, but I did get to play Donkey Kong Country 2 and I had a blast. Get it? Because th-... the barrels? Y-.. OK anyway, Dixie Kong is way overdue and it would be a gigantic insult (a "screw you", even) to everyone if she doesn't get a playable appearance in Smash 4 while Kid Icarus gets oversaturated with 3 reps (one of which is a clone with fewer differences between him and the original than those between red and green apples).

So yeah, put me on the list of supporters.

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I would love it if they mixed in something like that into her moveset.... I think it would be cool if her final smash somehow used the animal buddies from the games to take out the opponent. She has so much potential. Her move could be so cool unique
Is had read somewhere that the reason Barbara the Bat (assist trophy in Brawl) was taken out was because Dixie's final smash was going to be pretty much exactly what Barbara did.

Reila

Dixie's 'play style' in very fun Donkey Kong Country 2* and 3. In fact, I am yet to find a character that play as good as Dixie in any platformer (and I have played a LOT of platformers). She also has a very cute character design and a guitar.

*Happens to be my favorite game

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Added Donkey Konga representation?

Her helicopter ponytail and DK's Up B compared to the rest of her play style in the games and Diddy's play style in the game make her a really cool bridge between two very different Kong fighting styles to her own unique blend. Added female representation. She was the main character for a first party nintendo platformed in DKC3. A lot of added potential and a better representative of Donkey Kong than say.... Pauline. Or a mini.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm curious, what do you guys like about Dixie in general?
Probably because she's a badass female character (for some reason, I have a preference for playing as female characters), and she's generally the most OP character in any main DK game that she's playable in (that helicopter spin is a godsend in platformers). Plus, when I little, I really liked monkeys, which was what what drew me to love DKC2 in the first place.

Dixie is probably my favorite Nintendo character of all time, and that's why I'm so adamant about her being in Smash. Plus, I think she's earned it.

Top Bottom