• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Skorm Snow-Strider

Smash Rookie
Talk about being blindsided. While its not a confirmation that K. Rool isn't properly in the game, that's still pretty substantial. Dixie's chances though are looking a slightly better, though Smash has never really been kind to DKC representation in the first place. Here's to hoping.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Talk about being blindsided. While its not a confirmation that K. Rool isn't properly in the game, that's still pretty substantial. Dixie's chances though are looking a slightly better, though Smash has never really been kind to DKC representation in the first place. Here's to hoping.
I agree. Even though Dixie's chances could be considered better in K. Rool's absence, she still has her own hurdles to get over, namely popularity. We aren't guaranteed a DK rep, and Sakurai has traditionally shafted the franchise in terms of playable characters. Look at Smash 4's launch; a lot of us expected either Dixie or K. Rool to make the initial roster, and that didn't happen. Sakurai could easily do it again.

Maybe I'm being a little pessimistic, but I've gotten my hopes up about Dixie in the past (see the Forbidden Seven discovery and DLC rumors surrounding that, as well as Smash 4's launch). I certainly don't think we should cease our efforts in campaigning for Dixie, as I could be completely wrong about her chances, but I'm staying cautious.

That being said, if K. Rool is truly out of the running, I don't know what to think anymore. Sakurai seems to be as unpredictable as ever.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Even if K. Rool is a Mii costume, I still hope to see more DKC stuff in SSB4... or to be specific...
  • playable Dixie Kong
  • Kongo Jungle Melee stage
I still have my fingers crossed for Dixie Kong... she was planned to be in Brawl with :4drmario::4mewtwo::4feroy: and they got in, why not her too?

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Wow just wow...
I woke up to THIS posted on my Facebook feed this morning and was like NO... WTF is this mess about?

I was very confused. Not gonna lie once I pieced everything together i laughed uncontrollably for a full 5 mins. But it wasn't definitely (for the love of God auto correct...) FOR a "haha he is a mii skin" type of reason definitely more of a " This haz got to be some type of joke...Right/ how is this even possibly a thing" type o reason.

Does Sakurai hate DK THAT MUCH!? dayyyyyyuuuuuuummmmmm man... that just sucks. Way to go Nintendo... this is EXACTLY what everyone was voting for. You nailed it! -____-"

Im not toO sure how to feel about this. One hand people are under the impression to put it loosely x is "in the way" of y. So now that x is "out" then y has a better shot. While on the other hand if almighty x was shot down then our beloved y has no shot. Which is it?

Also man the salt is real and for a damn good reason. I mean its okay to feel upset about your characters "chances being crippled" tho im still on #Team_Sakurai_be_Trolling and thinking this is temporary for now. However a good point was made i dont see Nintendo double charging for a mii skin and a fighter of the same character. So im trully at a loss and dont know how to feel about this =/
even tho I want Dixie more something inside me legit feels terrible that this happened.

Meanwhile on gamefaqs...
"I guess we will have to settle for clone diddy in drag now"

Im STILL trying to figure out where the hell people get clone form... okay so we KNOW she was supposed to be tagged with Diddy. They were originally supposed to be able to swap out like in DKC2 right? Okay now let's look at all the other TAG/ TRANSFORMATION characters.
Sheik/Zelda did they play anything alike?
Zero suit/samus did they play anything alike?
primary focus here Pokemon Trainer. Did squirtle play anything like ivysaur or charizard? Hell Charizard was unique enough on his own to be stripped from the team and addef to be a stand alone in smash 4.

The point here is if Sakurai originally intended Dixie to be tagged with Diddy im sure she she had a unique move set looking at the rest of the tagged characters in brawl. I wish the clone crap would go away already. =(

I really want to make a thread over there explaining how she could be a fresh fighter butt wow they are pretty wild and unforgiving over there. I feel like ot wouldn't even be worth trying.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
To be fair - and I am absolutely playing devil's advocate here - from what we can construe of the Diddixie tag-team concept, it was intended that they'd fight like the Ice Climbers, i.e. two characters connected by an invisible tether. We can infer than the difference would be that you could switch between the two at will, in a vein similar to the classic Country games. That would mean that they'd have a functionally similar moveset, with different specials or attributes to distinguish them, again in a manner reminiscent of the Country games. It isn't really comparable to Sheik / Zero Suit Samus / Squirtle and Ivysaur, in that the aforementioned fighters are totally different characters that can be switched out during battle - from what we can discern with regards to Diddixie, the characters would have come together and fight together at all times in order for them to interact with each-other for tag-team tactics that no other character except for the Icies can wield.

Honestly, it's a fair notion to say that Dixie is fundamentally similar to Diddy. They have the same body structure, similar moves in their own games, they're both athletic simians, even the fact that it'd be easier for the dev team to use Diddy as a base and run with it is an honest observation.

That said, the notion that she'd necessarily have to just be a clone is pretty absurd. Even if she uses Diddy as a basis, I'd expect her to be like Lucas or Wolf at most - she has so much potential tricks and tools to draw from, there's no way she'd be just a quick 'n' easy clone of a base character. Just the fact that she fights with her hair is enough to distinguish her from Diddy.

Really, I imagine she'd have a few vague, essential similarities to Diddy, otherwise I'm totally convinced she will be her own character. Anybody who says otherwise just isn't considering what she as a character could do.

Last edited:

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
I feel sorry for the fans K.Rool, but now I'm more hopeful to see Dixie, I think this increases your chances a lot, because only K.Rool was more popular than Dixie regarding the DK series, and could give Dixie a trailer like Ryu that came out at the end Heihachi in Mii, here the same, Dixie trailer and at the end the Mii K.Rool prefer that Dixie has a unique moveset but because if Sakurai sees it as a clone DK so be it, I just want to play with her, I do not mind having movesetPS: I think it would be clone DK and not of Diddy for several reasons, first it is that apart from his gun pop gun no more movements in common with Diddy, however with DK you have many, up + B resembles its rotation helicopter, down + B also has her Tropical Freeze your hair, Smash punches slaps also the could she use in their artwork's Donkey Konga 2 and 3 and even his Final Smash with musical bongos, the Dixie serious his musical guitar, plus I just gave me that only the characters 'protagonists' characters are clones, no sideExamples: Mario and Luigi have to Dr.Mariothey said that Rosalina Peach clone could be, but it was not because he is not starring Peachthey said that Bowser jr. Bowser could be clone, it was not because Bowser is not the protagonist¿Matches? give you realize that no side has its character clone, all are protagonists

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Wow just wow...
I woke up to THIS posted on my Facebook feed this morning and was like NO... WTF is this mess about?

I was very confused. Not gonna lie once I pieced everything together i laughed uncontrollably for a full 5 mins. But it wasn't definitely (for the love of God auto correct...) FOR a "haha he is a mii skin" type of reason definitely more of a " This haz got to be some type of joke...Right/ how is this even possibly a thing" type o reason.

Does Sakurai hate DK THAT MUCH!? dayyyyyyuuuuuuummmmmm man... that just sucks. Way to go Nintendo... this is EXACTLY what everyone was voting for. You nailed it! -____-"

Im not toO sure how to feel about this. One hand people are under the impression to put it loosely x is "in the way" of y. So now that x is "out" then y has a better shot. While on the other hand if almighty x was shot down then our beloved y has no shot. Which is it?

Also man the salt is real and for a damn good reason. I mean its okay to feel upset about your characters "chances being crippled" tho im still on #Team_Sakurai_be_Trolling and thinking this is temporary for now. However a good point was made i dont see Nintendo double charging for a mii skin and a fighter of the same character. So im trully at a loss and dont know how to feel about this =/
even tho I want Dixie more something inside me legit feels terrible that this happened.

Meanwhile on gamefaqs...
"I guess we will have to settle for clone diddy in drag now"

Im STILL trying to figure out where the hell people get clone form... okay so we KNOW she was supposed to be tagged with Diddy. They were originally supposed to be able to swap out like in DKC2 right? Okay now let's look at all the other TAG/ TRANSFORMATION characters.
Sheik/Zelda did they play anything alike?
Zero suit/samus did they play anything alike?
primary focus here Pokemon Trainer. Did squirtle play anything like ivysaur or charizard? Hell Charizard was unique enough on his own to be stripped from the team and addef to be a stand alone in smash 4.

The point here is if Sakurai originally intended Dixie to be tagged with Diddy im sure she she had a unique move set looking at the rest of the tagged characters in brawl. I wish the clone crap would go away already. =(

I really want to make a thread over there explaining how she could be a fresh fighter butt wow they are pretty wild and unforgiving over there. I feel like ot wouldn't even be worth trying.
GameFAQs is an interesting entity. I've lurked there since around 2012 (never bothered to actually make an account), and it's a drastically different community than here. From what I can tell, there is a sizable support base there for Dixie, and also a sizable hatebase, as well as plenty of trolls who love to derail topics. However, I don't think that making a topic there will do much for Dixie support, given that it will probably sink into the archives very quickly, like all of the other Dixie support topics. People have argued the subject to death over there, and I'm with you on the frustration in seeing the "Diddy in drag" remarks. I've been tempted to make an account and argue against this myself, but I don't think it will make much of an impact. And if it's just one person making a bunch of topics about the same character, they will be dismissed as another Michaeloll, an infamous troll over there who makes nothing but Daisy topics. However, if it means anything, I did see someone link to this thread the other day to argue about her moveset potential.

Reds94

Smash Cadet
It also doesn't exist
Oh come on now, you can't say it doesn't exist. KI is such a small franchise and if it wasn't for Sakurai making it there is no way it would of been as rep'd as hard as it is. It gets its own Snake Codecs, 3 characters despite Metroid, DK and Star Fox being way bigger not to mention Zelda, arguably Nintendo's third largest ip, hasn't had a new character since Melee (Toon Link is just Young Link).

2 new stages and a returning stage, bunch of items are from KI along with 2 assist trophies, all the Smash Run enemies are from KI and before you say the whole reuse resources they could of used them from other sources, he just wanted to use his. Dark Pit clone cause "a costume wouldn't make sense" yet Alph is a costume and the Koopa kids never used the Sunshine Brush and even with that Dark Pit is still a costume for Pit. Palutena is the only character with all unique costume moves. Even in Brawl, during the Subspace all the Kirby characters were the heroes. Metaknight retakes his ship, Dedede makes the trophy badges and Kirby awoke during the final scene from the badge.

It's cool putting your own things in the spot light when you make both games but yeah he does favoritism and is bias out the wazzo.

/rant.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
If we get another DK character i'd rather it be KKR because he offers not only another heavy/villain, but unique moveset.

I foresee Dixie just being a Diddykong with DK's UpB and using her hair rather than Diddy's tail to attack. Which sounds kinda scary in my opinion lol....Diddykong's UpB is kinda lame. If he could trade with DK i think he would become even nastier.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
If we get another DK character i'd rather it be KKR because he offers not only another heavy/villain, but unique moveset.

I foresee Dixie just being a Diddykong with DK's UpB and using her hair rather than Diddy's tail to attack. Which sounds kinda scary in my opinion lol....Diddykong's UpB is kinda lame. If he could trade with DK i think he would become even nastier.
there's a lot that dixie can do that diddy can't.And if you perfer k rool please bring it to the k rool thread as this is the dixie thread and nothing in that post really is postive in terms of dixie

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer

If you seriuosly think that about Dixie you are more than welcome to enlighten yourself on Dixie's potential movesets by looking in the Original thread post. @BirthNote has drawn out a highly elaborate set in high detail or you can look at my less thought out one. Please keep in mind that there are tons of things that the illustrated movesets haven't even touched on yet such as different animal buddies different types of blast barrels etc.

So yeah Dixie has way more to offer than you are giving her credit for. So now that you know a little bit more about the character (assuming that you read or looked at what I requested you look at) please refrain from saying such silly things revovling around Dixie "JUST being Diddy with *blank *"

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

Sure, it's entirely possible that Sakurai could make Dixie very similar to Diddy, and I think everyone in this thread agrees with you in that this would be an unfavorable outcome. However, we have shown in this thread that she has the potential to have a unique moveset involving her ponytail, bubblegum, and guitar. Please take a look at the OP (especially BirthNote's and VeemonTamer's illustrated movesets) if you have any doubts.

Also, like DixieJiggly said earlier, just because two characters look similar in design, doesn't mean that they'll play anything alike. A lot of Rosalina's detractors thought she would be a Peach clone because she's just "Peach in a blue dress", and look how that turned out. See also: Jigglypuff and Kirby or Bowser and Bowser Jr.

EDIT: As for your concern about her being overpowered, the jury's still out on that one. However, she could possibly be made very light and a little slow to help balance her out. In DKC2, she had a slower climb and run speed than Diddy, so it would make sense to have her be a little slower than Diddy. Also, if she has good aerial mobility, it would make sense for her to be on the lighter side.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

That'd be pretty ****ed up considering Dixie doesn't have a tail.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Also, like DixieJiggly said earlier, just because two characters look similar in design, doesn't mean that they'll play anything alike. A lot of Rosalina's detractors thought she would be a Peach clone because she's just "Peach in a blue dress", and look how that turned out. See also: Jigglypuff and Kirby or Bowser and Bowser Jr.
:4littlemac: :4ryu:

This comparison made me stop and stare at the wall for a while.

Hell, even :4marth: :4feroy: turned out to be radically different!

I wouldn't worry about Clone!Dixie. I do think she could theoretically have a few essential similarities, if only due to their body type and canon abilities, but a full-on clone? We good~

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Dixie Kong is a Mii costume along with King K. Rool, how would you react to that?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
If Dixie Kong is a Mii costume along with King K. Rool, how would you react to that?
Baffled
That'd be as much as a stretch as Isabelle using a Party Hat that fires heavy weaponry.
Heck, K. Rool as least has some brute strenght, but the only way I see Dixie making the cut is as a Gunner with a Barrel Cannon taped to her hand.

Although Brawler could work too.
B would be Shot Put, as a reference to her throwing back Kannonballs
Side B would be Onslaught
Up B would be Helicopter Kick or Salto Split
Down B would be Feint Jump

This would make "Dixie" a highly mobile fighter.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
image.jpg

I rather take no Dixie than that because it means, she'll have no chance. Pls Samurai don't do this to me

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

To be fair - and I am absolutely playing devil's advocate here - from what we can construe of the Diddixie tag-team concept, it was intended that they'd fight like the Ice Climbers, i.e. two characters connected by an invisible tether. We can infer than the difference would be that you could switch between the two at will, in a vein similar to the classic Country games. That would mean that they'd have a functionally similar moveset, with different specials or attributes to distinguish them, again in a manner reminiscent of the Country games. It isn't really comparable to Sheik / Zero Suit Samus / Squirtle and Ivysaur, in that the aforementioned fighters are totally different characters that can be switched out during battle - from what we can discern with regards to Diddixie, the characters would have come together and fight together at all times in order for them to interact with each-other for tag-team tactics that no other character except for the Icies can wield.

Honestly, it's a fair notion to say that Dixie is fundamentally similar to Diddy. They have the same body structure, similar moves in their own games, they're both athletic simians, even the fact that it'd be easier for the dev team to use Diddy as a base and run with it is an honest observation.

That said, the notion that she'd necessarily have to just be a clone is pretty absurd. Even if she uses Diddy as a basis, I'd expect her to be like Lucas or Wolf at most - she has so much potential tricks and tools to draw from, there's no way she'd be just a quick 'n' easy clone of a base character. Just the fact that she fights with her hair is enough to distinguish her from Diddy.

Really, I imagine she'd have a few vague, essential similarities to Diddy, otherwise I'm totally convinced she will be her own character. Anybody who says otherwise just isn't considering what she as a character could do.
Or they were a tag fighter that were each going to have unique movesets that you swapped between. Like Pokemon Trainer, Sheik/Zelda and ZSS/Samus.

Since you don't actually swap between the Ice Climbers because there's no point, they'd play the same. The fact that you were going to swap between the two is indicative of the fact that they were going to be different from eachother.

It's a completely ass-backwards notion to try and indicate that Dixie would be similar to Diddy. They've never, ever played anything alike in any of their games.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Or they were a tag fighter that were each going to have unique movesets that you swapped between. Like Pokemon Trainer, Sheik/Zelda and ZSS/Samus.

Since you don't actually swap between the Ice Climbers because there's no point, they'd play the same. The fact that you were going to swap between the two is indicative of the fact that they were going to be different from eachother.

It's a completely ***-backwards notion to try and indicate that Dixie would be similar to Diddy. They've never, ever played anything alike in any of their games.
They could have been just that. We don't know. I'm just extrapolating a theory based on the very vague concept we have of them. We have no idea if you would really swap between the two in the same way or if they were intended to act in tandem with each-other, for example to perform super-throws and maybe even "swap out" when the lead character is KO'd, as they do in DKC2.

C'mon now. It's a bit of a stretch to say they play nothing alike. The core gameplay of DKC2, the game they were ostensibly based on for Brawl, consists of a very simple mechanic: run, jump, grab items, throw items. Both characters have the exact same basic moveset, just with different physical statistics, animations and, in Dixie's case, the ability to float with her hair. That in itself is a huge distinction, but I would be hard-pressed to say that there is absolutely no similarity there whatsoever. If you deny that they share a basic template for the purpose of gameplay, I dunno what to tell you, man.

Would that translate into Smash? I don't know. You don't know. We don't know. The only person who does conceivably know is Sakurai. My theory - and I do stress, in case you missed the bloody big disclaimer at the top of my comment, that I am playing devil's advocate here - is that Sakurai could well have had a very faithful adaptation of DKC2's tag-team mechanics in mind when he sketched a concept of the characters in Brawl, then decided it was either ineffective as a moveset or too costly on resources, ergo he decided to scrap the tag-team mechanic and design a full moveset for Diddy based on DK64.

Or maybe you're correct and Diddy was always going to be as he is now, while Dixie would have a totally unique moveset and play distinct from her partner. It would definitely go a ways as to explaining why she was cut out of the roster midway through development. All I'm saying is, there's sound evidence to suggest that she could in theory be a semi-clone of Diddy (to wit: fundamentally similar abilities in DKC2, which may have been enough of a foundation for Sakurai to draw a cloneish moveset from, what with his proven track record of making clones out of otherwise distinct characters to save on time and resources); I never said that she will be or that she should be. It's irrational to think that she has to be totally distinct from Diddy when it's very easy to conceive of how Sakurai could just draw elements from Diddy as a basic template, especially when the evidence is there to suggest that it's a distinct possibility. What we can all agree on is that she has no reason to be just "Diddy in drag" and has a ****-ton of moveset potential in herself.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
They could have been just that. We don't know. I'm just extrapolating a theory based on the very vague concept we have of them. We have no idea if you would really swap between the two in the same way or if they were intended to act in tandem with each-other, for example to perform super-throws and maybe even "swap out" when the lead character is KO'd, as they do in DKC2.

C'mon now. It's a bit of a stretch to say they play nothing alike. The core gameplay of DKC2, the game they were ostensibly based on for Brawl, consists of a very simple mechanic: run, jump, grab items, throw items. Both characters have the exact same basic moveset, just with different physical statistics, animations and, in Dixie's case, the ability to float with her hair. That in itself is a huge distinction, but I would be hard-pressed to say that there is absolutely no similarity there whatsoever. If you deny that they share a basic template for the purpose of gameplay, I dunno what to tell you, man.

Would that translate into Smash? I don't know. You don't know. We don't know. The only person who does conceivably know is Sakurai. My theory - and I do stress, in case you missed the bloody big disclaimer at the top of my comment, that I am playing devil's advocate here - is that Sakurai could well have had a very faithful adaptation of DKC2's tag-team mechanics in mind when he sketched a concept of the characters in Brawl, then decided it was either ineffective as a moveset or too costly on resources, ergo he decided to scrap the tag-team mechanic and design a full moveset for Diddy based on DK64.

Or maybe you're correct and Diddy was always going to be as he is now, while Dixie would have a totally unique moveset and play distinct from her partner. It would definitely go a ways as to explaining why she was cut out of the roster midway through development. All I'm saying is, there's sound evidence to suggest that she could in theory be a semi-clone of Diddy (to wit: fundamentally similar abilities in DKC2, which may have been enough of a foundation for Sakurai to draw a cloneish moveset from, what with his proven track record of making clones out of otherwise distinct characters to save on time and resources); I never said that she will be or that she should be. It's irrational to think that she has to be totally distinct from Diddy when it's very easy to conceive of how Sakurai could just draw elements from Diddy as a basic template, especially when the evidence is there to suggest that it's a distinct possibility. What we can all agree on is that she has no reason to be just "Diddy in drag" and has a ****-ton of moveset potential in herself.
The swapping mechanic would have likely been as it was in the DKC games. Literally just tag your partner in with down b, and play as that character (with the other character following you). Pretty much the exact same mechanic we saw with Pokemon Trainer and with ZSS/Shiek. Neither of those examples had similar movesets.

The core gameplay of the SMB2 is run and jump. That doesn't stop Peach and Mario being completely different from eachother does it? Diddy's and Dixie's similarities end with their body shape.
Do DK and Diddy play similarly? Because Dixie is as different from either of them in her home series as they are from eachother.

You're basing your theory on a completely different set of characters (the Ice Climbers), whose mechanic is completely different to what we know would have been in place for the Kongs.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What if Dixie & Kiddy is a team like Duck Hunt instead of Ice Climbers? But unlike Duck Hunt, the Kongs switch places for certain attacks... kinda like how Pit separates and joins the blades for certain attacks instead of switching places with Down+B like Zelda/Sheik?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
What if Dixie & Kiddy is a team like Duck Hunt instead of Ice Climbers? But unlike Duck Hunt, the Kongs switch places for certain attacks... kinda like how Pit separates and joins the blades for certain attacks instead of switching places with Down+B like Zelda/Sheik?
Dixie has grown into so much more than Kiddy's boss, it'd be a bad idea.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Dixie has grown into so much more than Kiddy's boss, it'd be a bad idea.
Maybe it is a bad idea on paper but maybe if we see it in action, it might be better than we think.

I remember back in July/August 2014, people implied that it was a bad idea to have Bowser Jr. fight inside the Koopa Clown Car... but when people saw how it worked, most of them accepted it.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's not a very good idea.

- Dixie is more than capable of getting in by herself.
- Kiddy is (unfortunately) extremely hated.
- The tag mechanic was a stupid idea to begin with.
- No transformations because of the 3DS.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Maybe it is a bad idea on paper but maybe if we see it in action, it might be better than we think.

I remember back in July/August 2014, people implied that it was a bad idea to have Bowser Jr. fight inside the Koopa Clown Car... but when people saw how it worked, most of them accepted it.
At least that stayed true to most of his appearances.
Dixiddy would give Dixie a moveset based on one game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

1. I agree.
2. Duck Hunt Dog was hated, too. Didn't stop him from getting in.
3. I didn't say they would be like Ice Climbers... I said they could be like Duck Hunt (implying they are always together at all times)
4. I didn't say they would have Down+B switch like Zelda/Sheik... I said they could switch places for certain moves like how Pit separates/joins blades for certain moves... like, what if the dog and duck switched places for certain attacks.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, uh, we don't know anything. For all we know, Sakurai could have done a Ganondorf on it, seen Dixie, thought to himself, "Hey, she's a tiny monkey, let's have them fight together with the same moves, it'll be fun!" and then slapped it together into a functional moveset.

I agree with everything you said, man, the only thing I'm saying is that it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Dixie could have some similarities to Diddy. She has enough to work with that she shouldn't, but saying "nuh-uh she wouldn't be 'cos we know for an objective fact that the tag-team would work this way" is just asinine.

Just to hammer home the point:

DEVIL'S ADVOCATE.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
1. I agree.
3. I didn't say they would be like Ice Climbers... I said they could be like Duck Hunt (implying they are always together at all times)
4. I didn't say they would have Down+B switch like Zelda/Sheik... I said they could switch places for certain moves like how Pit separates/joins blades for certain moves... like, what if the dog and duck switched places for certain attacks.
Kiddy is nowhere as iconic as Duck Hunt.
Duck Hunt is pop culture, Kiddy is Dixie's one-time partner that could've been anything else ranging from a new Kong to a refrigirator.

Anyways, what do you think what type a Dixie Mii would be?
And what special moveset would you give said Mii (if you bought it)?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
They've never, ever played anything alike in any of their games.
Sorry but that's complete BS lol

They're very similar, Dixie was likely designed off Diddy's model. They play virtually the same in the Country games except for the fact that Dixie is slower, can't jump as far, holds barrels differently and has the twirl. The majority of their gameplay is the same. In the Land games they have the same speed and jump, but Dixie can still do their twirl. In Diddy Kong Racing DS their stats are exactly the same lol.

You're making it out as if they're highly complex and dynamic characters, as if they're equivalent to the differecnt classes in WoW or something. Let's face it, in the Country games Dixie looked and played like a female Diddy with tweaked physics and the twirl. The twirl is her only unique command in DKC2.

Not only is saying that they've never played anything alike just straight up wrong, but if Dixie played completely different to Diddy in Smash that'd be an injustice to their characters. She shouldn't be a clone, but she should have qualities similar to Diddy. Playing her should feel familiar to Diddy players, but also be a twist(twirl?) on the experience that is true to Dixie's qualities in the games.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer

Agreed Dixie can definitly be her own as a standalone fighter
And im only speaking for my self here but I really disliked kiddy. =(
I think the Tag mechanic would have been interesting and awesome and I would have mained the hell out of them. But ultimately I think its best that the tag team idea was scraped because the 3ds limitations would have ended with Diddy and Dixie getting seperated (best case) or Dixie getting the squirtle and Ivysaur treatment which would put us right back to where we are right now. A roster without Dixie.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Sorry but that's complete BS lol

They're very similar, Dixie was likely designed off Diddy's model. They play virtually the same in the Country games except for the fact that Dixie is slower, can't jump as far, holds barrels differently and has the twirl. The majority of their gameplay is the same. In the Land games they have the same speed and jump, but Dixie can still do their twirl. In Diddy Kong Racing DS their stats are exactly the same lol.

You're making it out as if they're highly complex and dynamic characters, as if they're equivalent to the differecnt classes in WoW or something. Let's face it, in the Country games Dixie looked and played like a female Diddy with tweaked physics and the twirl. The twirl is her only unique command in DKC2.

Not only is saying that they've never played anything alike just straight up wrong, but if Dixie played completely different to Diddy in Smash that'd be an injustice to their characters. She shouldn't be a clone, but she should have qualities similar to Diddy. Playing her should feel familiar to Diddy players, but also be a twist(twirl?) on the experience that is true to Dixie's qualities in the games.
You just completely contradicted yourself in the most hilarious fashion. "They play nothing alike except their physics and abilities are completely different".

You can't possibly try and use a game where they're sat in their cars as an example of them being the same.

1. I agree.
Duck Hunt Dog was hated in a different way. People loved to hate him, whereas with Kiddy it's like a "just go away already" kind of hate.

That still wouldn't work because it would require two sets of complex models walking around at the same time. It's why there's no Ice Climbers.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
At least that stayed true to most of his appearances.
Dixiddy would give Dixie a moveset based on one game.
But some of those moves that Dixie and Kiddy did in that one game was also in other games even if it was not with Dixie or Kiddy.

What about this rolling move in Donkey Kong Country Returns?

Does that remind you of this?

The way I am describing Dixie & Kiddy as a team like Duck Hunt... this is what I have in mind. Not two separate Kongs with their own AI like Ice Climbers... but as one entity like Duck Hunt.

I am picturing Dixie on Kiddy's back... and it reminds me of this.

And when I said they switch places for certain attacks, I am referring to this. No Down+B transformations needed.

So basically, my idea for Dixie & Kiddy is based on the single player mode in both DKCR and DKCTF where a smaller monkey rides on the back of the bigger monkey.

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
But some of those moves that Dixie and Kiddy did in that one game was also in other moves even if it was not with Dixie or Kiddy.

What about this rolling move in Donkey Kong Country Returns?

Does that remind you of this?

The way I am describing Dixie & Kiddy as a team like Duck Hunt... this is what I have in mind.

I am picturing Dixie on Kiddy's back... and it reminds me of this.

And when I said they switch places for certain attacks, I am referring to this. No Down+B transformations needed.

So basically, my idea for Dixie & Kiddy is based on the single player mode in both DKCR and DKCTF where a smaller monkey rides on the back of the bigger monkey.
I don't like the idea of her being teamed with kiddy but the way you layed everything out and explained it looks pretty darn fun and creative! =D

Top Bottom