• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
I haven't read much of the thread but I am in total support of Dixie Kong, she's definitely my most wanted newcomer. She has such awesome move set potential and this thread really proved that. I particularly love BirthNote's move set idea!

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Hi everyone. I know I haven't been very active here lately. I have actully been pretty sick and had to get surgery. Im still not doing too well. As soon as I start feeling better ill be back at it! See eveyone later. =)
Wishing you a successful recovery! You are a major inspiration and morale booster in here, but your health is definitely more important than anything that happens on a video game forum. Hope to hear from you soon, after you recover.

I haven't read much of the thread but I am in total support of Dixie Kong, she's definitely my most wanted newcomer. She has such awesome move set potential and this thread really proved that. I particularly love BirthNote's move set idea!
Added you to the list. Welcome to the Dixie thread! It's always nice to see new faces in here, as well as more support for Dixie.

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
How about a brief questionnaire thing? It's pretty basic, but I'm curious what you all have to say.

Why are you a Dixie fan? How long have you wanted her in Smash? Why would you like her to be added to the roster?

What's your favorite game that Dixie appears in?

Last edited:

Reds94

Smash Cadet
I've been a Dixie fan ever since DKC 2. Me and my sister used to play the coop mode with her on Dixie and me on Diddy, spending countless nights trying to beat it. I've wanted her since Smash 4 was announced, during Brawl I thought Diddy and DK was enough but I thought it was really obvious that Smash 4 needed more DK reps. Then we got 5 FE and 3 KI reps while DK stayed at 2. :/

But anyways I've always liked her play style, appearance and character. She was able to rock pink while still being a bad ass platformer that plays guitar. With her being reintroduced to the series with Tropical Freeze I thought she was a shoe-in for Smash 4.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
How about a brief questionnaire thing? It's pretty basic, but I'm curious what you all have to say.

Why are you a Dixie fan? How long have you wanted her in Smash? Why would you like her to be added to the roster?

I really only became a DK and by extension Dixie fan after Tropical Freeze was announced and I've wanted her in smash since then. I don't really know why I like her so much but I always gravitate towards the female characters in games so that could be why, plus she's adorable. I want her in because she deserves to be, plus she could be a unique peach-like character which I would enjoy. Also Tropical Freeze is the best DK game.

Last edited:

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
Donkey Kong is my favorite saga, the monkey is my favorite animal, and prefer female characters, plus DKC3 was the most played and I liked it, is unique and fun personality and skills, is very colorful and different colors and DK Diddy and is adorable

I want from Brawl

Because he's my favorite character No. 1 not only Nintendo, but of all fictional characters that exist, no one compares to the charism of Dixie

Donkey Kong Country 3 and Donkey Kong Jet Race

PD: @ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer Get well soon!

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Thanks for all the thoughts and warm wishes everyone! :) I am pretty much on disability until mid August. I feel like I'm doing better. I can actually walk and eat now. I had some strength today so I whipped this up as a quick little small project. I'm on my way back to bed tho. later.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Why are you a Dixie fan?
She's cute and has some interesting tricks up her furry sleeves. She'd be fun to play as.

How long have you wanted her in Smash?
I became a supporter shortly after I joined Smashboards, so about October '14.

Why would you like her to be added to the roster?
She's be fun. And I like Dixie.

This is essentially a reversal of my answer to question one.

Donkey Kong Country 2.

Partially because it has Kaptain K. Rool in it~

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Because I really loved her Playstyle in DKC 2 and was my favorite DK character for a long time. Happy she was back in Tropical Freeze

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
So bought Diddy's Kongquest and I must say the music in the game is some of the best I heard on the SNES and id getting Dixie means we get more songs from that game then add me to the support list!

One of my favorites.

:)

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

I've been a fan since I first played DKC2 as a kid in the mid 90's. Monkeys were my favorite animal when I was little, so DKC2 naturally appealed to me. I initially preferred Diddy because he was the "boy" character and easier for me to identify with, but I eventually grew to like Dixie more. Her awesome abilities made me feel like a badass, and I also liked her character design. She quickly became one of my favorite video game characters of all time.

I guess I've wanted her to be in Smash since I saw her trophy in Melee. I think that moment is what cemented the possibility into my mind that she could end up on the roster. Shortly after Brawl launched in Japan, and dataminers found the Forbidden Seven, I got suckered into believing the rumor that she and the others would end up as DLC for Brawl. That was a huge disappointment for me because I missed out on my most wanted newcomer and my two Melee mains (Mewtwo and Roy).

I want her on the roster for mainly three reasons. First, like I said before, she is one of my favorite video game characters of all time. I always play as her in every game she appears in, and Smash would be no different. Even with all of the time I've dedicated to learning Palutena, I would drop her to a secondary in a heartbeat if Dixie makes the roster. Second, DK representation in Smash would still feel incomplete to me without her, even if K. Rool makes it. I feel that she's iconic enough to be considered an all-star, and so I believe that she deserves to be included on the roster with the rest of Nintendo's greats. Third, I think that she has the potential to have a very fun unique playstyle. If she ended up being anything like we've discussed here, I think she would really shake up the metagame and make competitive play more interesting.

As for my favorite game that she's appeared in, I can't say anything other than DKC2. Tropical Freeze was really good too, but I have put way too much time into DKC2 to not say that it is my favorite. It was a staple of my childhood.

EDIT: On a side note, while lurking GameFAQs, I just saw someone link to this thread to win an argument about Dixie's potential to have a unique moveset. Today is a good day.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ SethTheMage SethTheMage makes an interesting point. Even if K. Rool is added (and that's looking increasingly likely, hells yeah~), there'd still be a Dixie-shaped hole in the roster. I don't think it would diminish the roster for her to remain absent, but the potential would definitely be there - and most importantly, we'd know that it's just a matter of time before the DK Crew is finally here for real.

The nice thing about K. Rool's addition is that plenty of fans would immediately turn to lend a hand to Dixie. Most K. Rool fans, in my experience, are also Dixie fans, and while some of us may have our preferences for the Kremling King, we'd be more than happy to support the Girl With The Whirl when the time comes for it.

Reds94

Smash Cadet
@ Wintropy Wintropy It's cool that the DK community is grouped like it is, a lot of groups like the Mario and Zelda have split opinions but every DK fan just wants to see more DK, doesn't matter in what form.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I don't know if this was posted here but.

This moveset was created by our good friend @ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer , who has made great strides in campaigning for Dixie in the last few months. VT created the official Vote for Dixie website, and has crafted many works of Dixie fanart to help out with the campaign.

I just realized that I forgot to put this in the OP. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Updating now.

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
Today is a terrible day for me, because I think that if K.Rool enters Dixie means no, and filtered K.Rool, these images that seem true and Nintendo also register the trademark "K.Rool" gave the news a website, I feel very frustrated, I knew that was going to happen, but even so this ballot has been a waste of time and hopes for me, it seems that Sakurai never think to put playable Dixie, congratulations to fans of K.Rool,They should be celebrating with beer while I suffer in silence

http://imgur.com/a/ibsmG

http://www.nintenderos.com/2015/07/...ia-llegar-a-super-smash-bros-en-un-nuevo-dlc/

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Today is a terrible day for me, because I think that if K.Rool enters Dixie means no, and filtered K.Rool, these images that seem true and Nintendo also register the trademark "K.Rool" gave the news a website, I feel very frustrated, I knew that was going to happen, but even so this ballot has been a waste of time and hopes for me, it seems that Sakurai never think to put playable Dixie, congratulations to fans of K.Rool,They should be celebrating with beer while I suffer in silence

http://imgur.com/a/ibsmG

http://www.nintenderos.com/2015/07/...ia-llegar-a-super-smash-bros-en-un-nuevo-dlc/
The render was confirmed fake.

It's a hoax.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
K. Rool doesn't hold back Dixie, she is still a viable and respectable consideration.

Remember, Dixie was part of the Forbidden 7 and even though she was supposed to bbe a partner for :4diddy:, Skaurai still considered her a possible fighter.

Her future is still bright and we gotta fight our right play the girl with the whirl.

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
The render was confirmed fake.

It's a hoax.
I just saw, thank God
---
@ Champ Gold Champ Gold

yes, but not many fans of Dixie and I still think it will not put two DLC characters of the same series at different times, if they do, should be at the same time (as Roy and Ryu, both confirmed on the same day)
it also is suspected of "save K.Rool mark" that they did not desconfirmaron ...

Reds94

Smash Cadet
So uh, I don't want to be a **** but K. Rool kind of just got what could be a deconfirmation in the form of a Mii costume.

Dixie hype?

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
So uh, I don't want to be a **** but K. Rool kind of just got what could be a deconfirmation in the form of a Mii costume.

Dixie hype?
I'm pretty shocked by the announcement, but I'm going to wait and see how this plays out. They said that there will be more announcements tomorrow, and I still want to believe that Sakurai isn't that blind to completely ignore how popular K. Rool is. That being said, this kind of reminds me of when Ridley supporters (myself included) still believed he had a chance after the April Direct. I don't think the Mii costume necessarily spells doom for K. Rool, as a few characters like Link also have Mii costumes, but it could be a bad sign for the Kremling King.

If this means that Sakurai is looking to add Dixie instead of K. Rool, I'll be happy to get my most wanted character, but still disappointed that K. Rool didn't make it too. However, I don't even know if K. Rool's potential absence will affect Dixie's chances or not.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord

Dixie hype?
Lol, my sentiments exactly. I want Dixie and K. Rool both in if possible, and I genuinely feel bad for the K. Rool fans if this spells his doom (which I believe it does), but I can't help feeling a little more hopeful for Dixie as a result of it, her being the one I want much more.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Remember, that Mii costume doesn't mean anyone at the K. Rool camp or anything here.

Don't try to get hype or posses over something that majority of characters have even for vet standards

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is unexpected... I never expected that K. Rool would be knocked down a peg. If K. Rool is a Mii costume, maybe Dixie Kong has a stronger chance of getting in SSB4 now?

If Sakurai planned to include Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Roy, Dixie Kong, and Toon Zelda in Brawl and we eventually got :4drmario::4mewtwo::4feroy: in SSB4... maybe we could get Dixie Kong and Toon Zelda?

smashtriforce77

Smash Cadet
Automatic translation of my cellphone changed my message written in English in French.:facepalm:
Sorry.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I actually wish K:Rool isn't gonna be stuck with a Mii Costume-mokey wrench for real, but this does however, pave some more way for Dixie to be on eyes of speculators again, possibly.

We only can see, but this is the beginning.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I actually wish K:Rool isn't gonna be stuck with a Mii Costume-mokey wrench for real, but this does however, pave some more way for Dixie to be on eyes of speculators again, possibly.

We only can see, but this is the beginning.
I don't think so... this thread is still inactive... and I suspect some people might be in denial over K. Rool... it might be the Pyrosphere fiasco all over again.

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
Even though I really wanted Dixie and K Rool, I think that this greatly increases her chances. This doesn't necessarily deconfirm K. Rool but it seems unlikely that they would make a paid DLC costume and then turn around and try to sell us the real thing.

Unless this is part of some master troll to fake out the fans I would say K. Rool's chances are right around 0

Now more than ever we need to show Nintendo that DK needs more representation before we get a Dixie Kong Mii fighter costume

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Even though I really wanted Dixie and K Rool, I think that this greatly increases her chances. This doesn't necessarily deconfirm K. Rool but it seems unlikely that they would make a paid DLC costume and then turn around and try to sell us the real thing.

Unless this is part of some master troll to fake out the fans I would say K. Rool's chances are right around 0

Now more than ever we need to show Nintendo that DK needs more representation before we get a Dixie Kong Mii fighter costume
I think it would be kinda repetitive to have a Dixie Kong Mii costume when we already have this.

Reds94

Smash Cadet
Even if this is a deconfirmation for K Rool, which we're not 100% on, it doesn't mean Dixie will get in. Sakurai could just think that DK is fully represented with the content they got, even if most disagree. The only thing this would be good for for our girl with the whirl would be that she is now the most likely new DK rep to be added since K Rool, the obvious favorite to win, is 'gone'.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Even if this is a deconfirmation for K Rool, which we're not 100% on, it doesn't mean Dixie will get in. Sakurai could just think that DK is fully represented with the content they got, even if most disagree. The only thing this would be good for for our girl with the whirl would be that she is now the most likely new DK rep to be added since K Rool, the obvious favorite to win, is 'gone'.
We also got Cranky to consider. He may not be ballot topping, but he's a fan favorite, has the distinction of being the antagonist of the original Donkey Kong...and feels strangely "Sakurai" to me.

You know, even if they don't add any new DK characters, we need Cranky Codecs.

Reds94

Smash Cadet
I think it would be kinda repetitive to have a Dixie Kong Mii costume when we already have this.

picture
I wish they'd do costume for other fighters other than Mii's. That way even if characters get shafted into costume we could at least have things like Chrome Ike, ProtoMan Megaman, K Rool Bowser(?) and, pray it doesn't happen, Dixie Diddy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wish they'd do costume for other fighters other than Mii's. That way even if characters get shafted into costume we could at least have things like Chrome Ike, ProtoMan Megaman, K Rool Bowser(?) and, pray it doesn't happen, Dixie Diddy.
Can you imagine the salt if King K. Rool was a Bowser costume?

Top Bottom