• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I will honor your requests because you said Dixie, K.Rool and Lanky sohuld be in. <3

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
So I haven't read all of this thread, but let me just say I'm a definite supporter of this idea. (I used my vote for Dixie!)

I'm not positive about her exact moveset or properties, but I'd expect she'd have her Bubblegum gun since it just seems so perfect for a neutral special.

The only other thought I have is for a Final Smash. Dixie could summon all the animal friends from the DKC series to swarm the stage and attack enemies. (Ramby, Enguarde, Ellie, Squawks, and so forth)

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
So I haven't read all of this thread, but let me just say I'm a definite supporter of this idea. (I used my vote for Dixie!)

I'm not positive about her exact moveset or properties, but I'd expect she'd have her Bubblegum gun since it just seems so perfect for a neutral special.

The only other thought I have is for a Final Smash. Dixie could summon all the animal friends from the DKC series to swarm the stage and attack enemies. (Ramby, Enguarde, Ellie, Squawks, and so forth)
Welcome to the Dixie thread! We can always use more discussion and different points of view in here. I'm always happy to hear more people use their vote for Dixie; she needs all of the support that she can get.

Also, we have now hit 100 supporters! That's certainly a milestone!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
https://twitter.com/chrisszczesiul/status/615376264334077952

Chris from the Smashified team has tweeted that in August, they're gonna break the tradition of having a new series with each Smashified.

Unless they'll do a double whammy with the next one getting a successor the next month, it's probably Dixie hailing from the same series as King K. Rool, which they've done already.

Although it could be Mother too, given they already did Mother 4's Travis.
Kumatora and Paula got quite a bit support there.

Watch it be Captain Cuttlefish

https://twitter.com/smashified/status/615511088688336897

In other Smashified news, vote for Dixie here!
Smashified has put up a new "poll".

Reds94

Smash Cadet
I tried posting on their twitter but got a error message thinking I was spam. I guess they're getting flooded or something, I never use twitter. I'll try again later.

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
The more strawpolls and such that I see the more I think K. Rool will be the voted DK character we get. But you never know. We have until October. Remember to get out and vote and pester your friends to do the same!

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
If K Rool doesn't get in due to the ballot I will be extremely surprised. I don't think it means much when it comes to Dixie though.

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
I totally agree with you @ The Novice Sword The Novice Sword ,
surely K.Rool is who will put due to its high popularity, so we must strive to get few more votes for Dixie better, make sure to tell your friends to vote for Dixie and when they go to public places let computers connect to vote for it on each computer to find (such as cybercafes or computer stores)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really hope that Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik Tetra get in SSB4. They were planned to be in Brawl along with :4drmario::4mewtwo::4feroy:.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I agree with VeemonTamer about the confirmation of more than one ballot character being a good thing for DK fans. We now know that it is not impossible for both K. Rool and Dixie to make it. If they don't need to compete with each other to get into Smash then I don't think K. Rool and Dixie fans need to compete against each other either.

I don't know what the odds of having two ballot characters from the same franchise is, but it seems to me like DK has the best chance of getting two given the support that both K. Rool and Dixie have. Why not try to make that happen?
Oh yeah forgot to tell you. It's a no go. @ Diddy Kong Diddy Kong suggested that i post my idea over to the K rool thread and that only reveled that people are still treating the ballot as if there will be ONLY one additional winner. And just to be clear to everybody the "Alliance" I suggested was not an attempt to get ALL K Rool supporters to vote Dixie it was simply based on the notion of "Most K Rool supporters ALSO want Dixie too" and vise versa . It was basically for the people that supposedly wanted both but were afraid to vote for opposite character X due to thinking there would only be ONE ballot winner.

Because there are only 2 slots remaining Wolf NOT being pre ballot (lol what a joke Sakurai way to crap on tons of fans) threw everyone for a loop. Even though Sakurai said "Several more characters" it could easily be a translation error which many are thinking means only 2 slots because of the physical evidence we have with the "Mario" slots. So because of the overwhelming demand for Wolf he is "lock" for one spot meaning Rool will hypothetically take the other. If this is really how people are currently treating the ballot then I don't think it's even worth my time to try to reason with Gamefaqs or 4chan if nothing has really changed despite being "multiple slots" by the logic given.

So the most we can do is to keep trying to build a support army for Dixie. I am currently finishing up the site and retyping out the "how to support page"
basically we need to tell EVERYONE about the campaign. Encourage friends and family to like the twitter and facebook pages if they want truly want to help and participate. Everyone needs to act as a unit and be inside of the Dixie for smash network so that way we can all be informed of the same things. Like for example if there is a poll like I posted here and on the facebook page so that way more Dixie fans can know about it to lend their support. Or say how @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever posted the Smashified request here and I posted it to the facebook page for others to see and interact. THAT's how we need to be networking.

One thing I noticed from reading around is that some characters get support votes because they admire how functional the fan base is. In other words credibility or how serious the fans are taking it. Or for example some threads if they find something negative/Neutral about said character on "whatever social site here* then they post a link here on the boards or their social site of choice (and chances are the members have twitter/reddit/facebook accounts also) then they proceed to bust up in the topic like a SWAT team and crush (by overwhelming with positives) whatever people had to say about the character. It's stuff like that, that will make the fanbase look strong and the numbers increase.

So for starters Getting reto and playtonic's attention would be great.
Everyone that has a twitter should go tweet at them and tell them about our campaign show them the website etc. If you don't have a twitter go make one to help out.

Uhh... ill try to think of more stuff later that might help but biggest thing word of mouth. If you come across anybody that remotely has interest in Dixie tell them about the campaign.

Also @ TheDarkKnightNoivern TheDarkKnightNoivern have you posted about the smashified request to the Dixie Twitter page yet?

We are all doing awesome! We just gotta keep pushing foward!

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Another moveset idea has arrived!

Down Air: Hair Hook

The Third Hero does one acrobatic spin while her hair curves at an angle, acting like a hook-shaped appendage in hopes of catching a foe. Once someone is snagged, they're swung by her hair and tossed above her. Where exactly? Well that depends on where Dixie catches them; If they're caught at the beginning of the attack they'll be flung a good distance away, but if caught near the end they'll barely be thrown. Here's an example:

As you can see, the earlier she catches someone the further away she'll throw them, but the later it happens the easier it'll be for her enemy to retaliate. Say for example she catches Mario near the end of the swing; that means he'll be free to hit her with say, his Meteor Smash after he's tossed and spike her before she can react. He'd basically be right on top of her and ready for payback, so if you use this move, TIMING IS KEY.
If Dixie's lucky, she might be able to use her Up Air right before her foe strikes back..

Although the move doesn't do much damage, the strength of her throw is absolutely no joke--it can become KO-worthy quickly, especially if you're caught at the beginning, and I should mention: the throw trajectories shown are based off a foe being tossed at 0% damage (they won't be at 0% after the throw however), and the attack radius is the length of her ponytail while swinging, not the trajectory lines which means fighters will be thrown from the tip of her hair, not the lines you see branching out. Those are only the level of force you can expect from each point in the swing. One last thing, only one enemy can be snagged per each usage; other enemies will just get smacked by Dixie's hair while it swings the victim, and they'll take more damage from being whacked than the one who's being thrown. I know most of that was shown/written in the drawing but I wanna be 210% clear about this.

The move, along with her Up Tilt and a certain Special is meant to show off her capabilities as a grapple-oriented fighter. In this case she has an aerial throw as an attack at her disposal, and it's perfect for displacing enemies by sending them somewhere they probably didn't wanna go, whether they're grounded or aerial. Incidentally, this works better on grounded foes as they're typically below you, and the swing has a downward arc. You can force opponents into the air with this, or just displace already airborne fighters. Since Dixie does have a lot of air-oriented options to work with you can best believe she's forcing you to fight on her terms.

You guys wouldn't believe how long this drawing took. I could never get it right when it came to the pose and the angle lol. The rough drafts looked like she was on the ground, too stiffly posed or badly proportioned, so I'm glad to finally get to show this one. This was meant to be her Aerial Down B when I first brainstormed it BUT I came up with something else and figured this would be a cool/unique Down Air instead. With this posted, the Aerial attacks are all complete, like the tilts. Dixie's air attacks utilize her hair in some cases and kicks in others while her tilts have her rely strictly on her ponytail. All that's left are the grabs/throws, a Smash, Running Attack (guess what it is) and the dreaded Specials. But I'm not done with the air yet...

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Another moveset idea has arrived!

Down Air: Hair Hook

The Third Hero does one acrobatic spin while her hair curves at an angle, acting like a hook-shaped appendage in hopes of catching a foe. Once someone is snagged, they're swung by her hair and tossed above her. Where exactly? Well that depends on where Dixie catches them; If they're caught at the beginning of the attack they'll be flung a good distance away, but if caught near the end they'll barely be thrown. Here's an example:

As you can see, the earlier she catches someone the further away she'll throw them, but the later it happens the easier it'll be for her enemy to retaliate. Say for example she catches Mario near the end of the swing; that means he'll be free to hit her with say, his Meteor Smash after he's tossed and spike her before she can react. He'd basically be right on top of her and ready for payback, so if you use this move, TIMING IS KEY.
If Dixie's lucky, she might be able to use her Up Air right before her foe strikes back..

Although the move doesn't do much damage, the strength of her throw is absolutely no joke--it can become KO-worthy quickly, especially if you're caught at the beginning, and I should mention: the throw trajectories shown are based off a foe being tossed at 0% damage (they won't be at 0% after the throw however), and the attack radius is the length of her ponytail while swinging, not the trajectory lines which means fighters will be thrown from the tip of her hair, not the lines you see branching out. Those are only the level of force you can expect from each point in the swing. One last thing, only one enemy can be snagged per each usage; other enemies will just get smacked by Dixie's hair while it swings the victim, and they'll take more damage from being whacked than the one who's being thrown. I know most of that was shown/written in the drawing but I wanna be 210% clear about this.

The move, along with her Up Tilt and a certain Special is meant to show off her capabilities as a grapple-oriented fighter. In this case she has an aerial throw as an attack at her disposal, and it's perfect for displacing enemies by sending them somewhere they probably didn't wanna go, whether they're grounded or aerial. Incidentally, this works better on grounded foes as they're typically below you, and the swing has a downward arc. You can force opponents into the air with this, or just displace already airborne fighters. Since Dixie does have a lot of air-oriented options to work with you can best believe she's forcing you to fight on her terms.

You guys wouldn't believe how long this drawing took. I could never get it right when it came to the pose and the angle lol. The rough drafts looked like she was on the ground, too stiffly posed or badly proportioned, so I'm glad to finally get to show this one. This was meant to be her Aerial Down B when I first brainstormed it BUT I came up with something else and figured this would be a cool/unique Down Air instead. With this posted, the Aerial attacks are all complete, like the tilts. Dixie's air attacks utilize her hair in some cases and kicks in others while her tilts have her rely strictly on her ponytail. All that's left are the grabs/throws, a Smash, Running Attack (guess what it is) and the dreaded Specials. But I'm not done with the air yet...
Added to the OP. Interesting move to have an aerial function as a command grab; that would be a series first. It does seem pretty complex for a normal, since the time you grab an opponent affects the trajectory, but I like it. It would add another layer of depth to Dixie's gameplay. It would also provide a very safe combo starter and aerial approach option, since it punishes shields. Great job, as usual, BirthNote!

Also, R.I.P. Little Mac.

Last edited:

Skorm Snow-Strider

Smash Rookie
Oh look, I'm back.

So, any idea what weight range Dixie would be? My gut feeling she'd be a light weight fighter, but given that she's marginally slower then Diddy in her debut (And still slightly below him in DKCIII), do you think that would edge her closer to the mid-range, just a little bit?

Last edited:

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
Oh look, I'm back.

So, any idea what weight range Dixie would be? My gut feeling she'd be a light weight fighter, but given that she's marginally slower then Dixie in her debut (And still slightly below him in DKCIII), do you think that would edge her closer to the mid-range, just a little bit?

I've always thought of Dixie as a middle weight. Maybe even the heavier end of middle weight. She tends to be slower and seems to lend herself to a heavy middle weight style.

Plus it would go against the trope of girl = light and dainty. So that would be nice.

Skorm Snow-Strider

Smash Rookie
Hm, fair enough. I was going to say I always figured that her air game would lend itself better to the lighter characters, but Mario and Dedede are pretty good at the whole air thing. I'd be completely happy with that though, since those are the types I normally use. Kinda biased in that regard though

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Hm, fair enough. I was going to say I always figured that her air game would lend itself better to the lighter characters, but Mario and Dedede are pretty good at the whole air thing. I'd be completely happy with that though, since those are the types I normally use. Kinda biased in that regard though
Well fall speed and weight are too different things, a slower fall speed and a high weight could be amazing depending on the character

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah forgot to tell you. It's a no go. @ Diddy Kong Diddy Kong suggested that i post my idea over to the K rool thread and that only reveled that people are still treating the ballot as if there will be ONLY one additional winner. And just to be clear to everybody the "Alliance" I suggested was not an attempt to get ALL K Rool supporters to vote Dixie it was simply based on the notion of "Most K Rool supporters ALSO want Dixie too" and vise versa . It was basically for the people that supposedly wanted both but were afraid to vote for opposite character X due to thinking there would only be ONE ballot winner.

Because there are only 2 slots remaining Wolf NOT being pre ballot (lol what a joke Sakurai way to crap on tons of fans) threw everyone for a loop. Even though Sakurai said "Several more characters" it could easily be a translation error which many are thinking means only 2 slots because of the physical evidence we have with the "Mario" slots. So because of the overwhelming demand for Wolf he is "lock" for one spot meaning Rool will hypothetically take the other. If this is really how people are currently treating the ballot then I don't think it's even worth my time to try to reason with Gamefaqs or 4chan if nothing has really changed despite being "multiple slots" by the logic given.
It's unfortunate that the DK Double push didn't seem to go well. I think I sort of understand why K. Rool fans wouldn't want to sign up to be Dixie supporters when K. Rool hasn't been confirmed, but I still feel like the revelation that there is going to be more than one ballot character has the potential to make things a bit more amicable between Dixie and K. Rool fans than they may have been before.

I can't really begrudge K. Rool fans for focusing on getting their #1 in the game. It seems like pretty much everybody's in that position right now. I guess I'd just prefer the focus of these sorts of discussions to be on the merits of the individual characters rather than on which one would be the best "DK rep." I don't like the idea of having to pick one and until we know for sure that only one DK character can be added, I don't see much of a reason to do it. Thankfully, I haven't seen a ton of that kind of talk or general Dixie bashing in the K. Rool thread; I think people there seem to be pretty respectful overall.

I'm personally not a big fan of calling anyone a "lock" for Smash until that character either is officially confirmed or there's some other kind of credible evidence that the character is actually in the game. Wolf is definitely popular and it seems to me like his fans do a good job of promoting him. Does that mean he will be in Smash? I don't know. I wouldn't be opposed to having him back, but I'd also like more than one ballot newcomer. In a way I feel like the Smash ballot is actually more geared towards newcomers since it lets you vote for anybody you want. I don't know what effect that will have on who Sakurai and co. actually add as DLC though.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Added to the OP. Interesting move to have an aerial function as a command grab; that would be a series first. It does seem pretty complex for a normal, since the time you grab an opponent affects the trajectory, but I like it. It would add another layer of depth to Dixie's gameplay. It would also provide a very safe combo starter and aerial approach option, since it punishes shields. Great job, as usual, BirthNote!

Also, R.I.P. Little Mac.
LOL, thanks very much. I felt like there was a lot of ways for the idea to come off in the wrong way but I'm glad it got a good reception.
Oh look, I'm back.

So, any idea what weight range Dixie would be? My gut feeling she'd be a light weight fighter, but given that she's marginally slower then Diddy in her debut (And still slightly below him in DKCIII), do you think that would edge her closer to the mid-range, just a little bit?
I think she might be a bit heavier than him but clearly not as heavy as DK, making Diddy the lightest and fastest of the kongs in Smash. I can also imagine her fall speed being a bit faster as well, maybe to offset her air assets a little.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Oh look, I'm back.

I've always pictured her being a floaty character to help accentuate her aerial game. She could achieve this with a slower falling speed, like others have suggested. However, I think she should also be on the lighter side to help balance her out. Maybe around Zelda's weight could work. It's reasonably close to Diddy's weight, but lighter. I don't think she should be as light as characters like Rosalina, but I don't think she should be as heavy as Diddy.

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
Look the stage tribute to Dixie Kong I did since the ballot or even earlier announcement not remember

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
What do y'all think of Dixie being a grapple-oriented fighter? Not full on grab happy, but as a character with a couple command grabs in her moveset.

Reds94

Smash Cadet
If she got a command grab like Diddy's, meaning she had different options to act out of, I'd love that.

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
Glad to see that more people are voting in Dixie, to see if together we achieve the miracle :)

Spatman

Smash Ace
I'd like Dixie because I like monkeys playstyle and DKC games (in particular DKC2, although I'm not playing it for many years...) AND OVERALL because I loved brawl diddy. Diddy nowadays is a funny character too, but I miss his more camping style of brawl days, with 2 bananas and a stronger uncharged popgun. I hope Dixie will be included and someways she will have a style resembling brawl diddy's one (of course, with her peculiar characteristics)

But... how much possibility do you guys think she has? Realistically speaking

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh look, I'm back.

Actually, that could be a nice way to really set her apart from Diddy, her being significantly lighter, but having insane recovery to compensate (think Mewtwo). Because if Dixie would have Diddy's weight, and insane recovery, that'd make that a huge advantage of Dixie over Diddy. And seeing as Diddy already has pretty bad recovery, giving Dixie less weight but better / safer recovery would probably translate in them having similar survivability.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I imagine that if by some miracle she actually got in, she'd be mid-low tier. She'd be a lighter, floatier semi-clone of Diddy with hair moves and a few other tweaks. I imagine the intended compensation would be a recovery that's supposed to be really good in terms of distance, but in reality would be easily gimpable. I'd also imagine they would've given her stronger throws, potentially a KO throw, and possibly some stronger but laggier KO moves.

At the end of the day it's all academic as she most likely won't get in unfortunately. She's just not popular enough. It's a shame because I think she was more likely than K. Rool pre-ballot, but at this point unless they do non-ballot characters as well she has basically no chance.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I imagine that if by some miracle she actually got in, she'd be mid-low tier. She'd be a lighter, floatier semi-clone of Diddy with hair moves and a few other tweaks. I imagine the intended compensation would be a recovery that's supposed to be really good in terms of distance, but in reality would be easily gimpable. I'd also imagine they would've given her stronger throws, potentially a KO throw, and possibly some stronger but laggier KO moves.

At the end of the day it's all academic as she most likely won't get in unfortunately. She's just not popular enough. It's a shame because I think she was more likely than K. Rool pre-ballot, but at this point unless they do non-ballot characters as well she has basically no chance.
I actually think she'll be less stronger than Diddy but just as viable. Her air game and range with her hair will make her really viable especially if they make her hair a tether recovery as well

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I actually think she'll be less stronger than Diddy but just as viable. Her air game and range with her hair will make her really viable especially if they make her hair a tether recovery as well
In general she'd be weaker, but I think she'd have the odd KO move that's stronger. Similar to how Ivy was weaker than Zard, but it's upsmash was stronger than anything Zard had.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Hi everyone. I know I haven't been very active here lately. I have actully been pretty sick and had to get surgery. Im still not doing too well. As soon as I start feeling better ill be back at it! See eveyone later. =)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hi everyone. I know I haven't been very active here lately. I have actully been pretty sick and had to get surgery. Im still not doing too well. As soon as I start feeling better ill be back at it! See eveyone later. =)
Good luck and get better

SirCamp

Smash Ace
It really baffles me how little support Dixie gets in the popular vote/random straw polls. I have to wonder if it is the assumption that she would be another Diddy, or if people just don't really like her that much. My gut feeling is that, popular vote aside, Nintendo would be more apt to add Dixie than K Rool. I don't really know why I feel that way though. I mean she was in the newest game and has been a mainstay of the series. And I guess there is the fact that she was supposedly planned for Brawl at one point.

Having said that the popular vote is a thing and K Rool's popularity is immense. So if the vote means anything I have to imagine K Rool will be in. So ultimately my hope is that we get both of them honestly. That would be the ideal result. So here's to hoping!

Top Bottom