• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

xWolfiex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xWolfie55x
3DS FC
2982-1721-1850
Alright guys here is the game plan! I need this to go viral. Repost everywhere somebody says Dixie would not be unique/diddy clone/no potential. Retweet this and tag platonic and retro. We need to get their attention! This is the first step to erasing the negativity Dixie has! When birth note finishes his we will throw his into circulation as well.

GO GO GO!

Your artwork is really outstanding.

Edit: Btw, Seth, can you add me on the support list?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Alright guys here is the game plan! I need this to go viral. Repost everywhere somebody says Dixie would not be unique/diddy clone/no potential. Retweet this and tag platonic and retro. We need to get their attention! This is the first step to erasing the negativity Dixie has! When birth note finishes his we will throw his into circulation as well.

GO GO GO!

Pretty danged sweet. Personally I'd change one of the specials to a Barrel Cannon but that's just me. Nice touch with the SNES era leg straps BTW.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I was always indifferent to Dixie due to thinking she would be a clone of Diddy, but after looking at the potential unique movesets you guys have created (BirthNote's in particular) I'm now a supporter of this ponytail monkey joining the smash roster! :)
Great to hear! I'm glad to that our ideas had a positive impact and even more so that mine was one of them, so I'd to say thank you, very much :)

GO GO GO!

Incredible job VT! YOU deserve a high five as well actually! Did you put this on DA yet? I'll dust off my tumblr profile and post it immediately (I actually forgot I had one lol) to spread the word!

EDIT: OK, there seems to be an ad in my post...am I the only one this is affecting or is this a glitch or did I do something?

Last edited:

Asian_Charizard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-4223-6174

GO GO GO!

Wow, this is incredible work. I'm truly impressed with your guy's determination, heck you're making me want Dixie Kong more than Paper Mario. (my most wanted newcomer) LOL

Anyways I'll definitely spread this around, keep up the good work! :laugh:

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Tweeted it twice, one in general and one to sakurai himself
That's what's up! =D Thanks! Yeah I didn't even think to tweet Sakurai...

Pretty danged sweet. Personally I'd change one of the specials to a Barrel Cannon but that's just me. Nice touch with the SNES era leg straps BTW.
Agreed! This move set was just to show the bare basics of what Dixie could do on her own. So there is so much more potential she has for sure! There are still barrels,animal buddies etc! I'll be drawing out alt move sets as well as illustrating some special move ideas others may have at a later time to try to show EVERYTHING!

Incredible job VT! YOU deserve a high five as well actually! Did you put this on DA yet? I'll dust off my tumblr profile and post it immediately (I actually forgot I had one lol) to spread the word!
EDIT: OK, there seems to be an ad in my post...am I the only one this is affecting or is this a glitch or did I do something?
Yeah I put it on DA! and Yes tumblr we need someone to handle that. I'm tired up with Facebook, DA and the site at the moment. As for that AD that is weird I see it in your post.

Wow, this is incredible work. I'm truly impressed with your guy's determination, heck you're making me want Dixie Kong more than Paper Mario. (my most wanted newcomer) LOL

Anyways I'll definitely spread this around, keep up the good work! :laugh:
THIS! Bringing tears to my eyes man! So happy we could change your mind!

Also for anyone who keeps up with Artsy Omni (the rayman "leak" /Smashified guy) He is taking request for characters to be drawn in smash style. Since K Rool is out of the way I think we should all start requesting Dixie! He takes request Via twitter so if you haven't made a twitter yet now is a good time!
https://twitter.com/smashified
https://twitter.com/artsyomni

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
OK, so I'm about to post @ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer 's work on Tumblr. Here's the quote I have in mind:

Been more than a year since my profile was active, but I’m here to resurrect it with some awesome ideas by Veemon Tamer!

Dixie Kong is one of the characters I wanted to see in Smash as a playable fighter, and although I’m very happy with who’s in the game (like BOWSER JR with his sick Clown Car and Little Mac), Smash is the type of series you can’t help but imagining more characters for. Luckily for us Sakurai has opened the DLC floodgates and this may be Dixie’s chance!

As you can see, Veemon Tamer’s illustrated potential moveset ideas for DKC’s Third Hero, and taken it a step further by giving Dixie a unique set of abilities! Our aim is to combat the “Diddy clone” assumptions and prove that this blonde kong has the merits to be her own fighter. We as well as many others are doing what we can to show a variety of ideas and showcase them...and even convince others to send a vote in her direction! I’ll be posting some ideas of my own very soon, but in the meantime enjoy VT’s work--she’s very talented, and of course check out these sites:

The artist behind the work: http://veemon-tamer.deviantart.com/

https://twitter.com/Dixie4Smash

https://www.facebook.com/VoteDixie

I'll keep up the tumblr effort and build hype for Dixie. With luck we'll get more to take an interest in this kong.

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
OK, so I'm about to post @ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer 's work on Tumblr. Here's the quote I have in mind:

Been more than a year since my profile was active, but I’m here to resurrect it with some awesome ideas by Veemon Tamer!

Dixie Kong is one of the characters I wanted to see in Smash as a playable fighter, and although I’m very happy with who’s in the game (like BOWSER JR with his sick Clown Car and Little Mac), Smash is the type of series you can’t help but imagining more characters for. Luckily for us Sakurai has opened the DLC floodgates and this may be Dixie’s chance!

As you can see, Veemon Tamer’s illustrated potential moveset ideas for DKC’s Third Hero, and taken it a step further by giving Dixie a unique set of abilities! Our aim is to combat the “Diddy clone” assumptions and prove that this blonde kong has the merits to be her own fighter. We as well as many others are doing what we can to show a variety of ideas and showcase them...and even convince others to send a vote in her direction! I’ll be posting some ideas of my own very soon, but in the meantime enjoy VT’s work--she’s very talented, and of course check out these sites:

The artist behind the work: http://veemon-tamer.deviantart.com/

https://twitter.com/Dixie4Smash

https://www.facebook.com/VoteDixie

Sounds great! =D also what is your tumblr name? I have one too I'm just not too active on it.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Alright so this is the type of stuff we want to see! Was on a FB group and came across this post in response to my pic I posted. So I responded back. (lol looking at this i probably should have colored each person differently but the responses below are 3 different people with me being the last response)

So if anyone ever post something like this kindly just correct them. Also if using the "Diddy base" as a selling point to someone be sure to fully specify that when we say "base" that we are referring to the character model render/basic movements. We are doing really good so far with erasing negativity one post at a time to make Dixie's DLC chances brighter! =D

Also added an "Effort/Production" section to the DLC highlights page as a response to that. So if anyone ever sees anything negative/ or unsure report those back to me so we can make our page more informative!

http://dixie4smash.wix.com/votedixie#!dlc-highlights/cvsl

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Alright so this is the type of stuff we want to see! Was on a FB group and came across this post in response to my pic I posted. So I responded back. (lol looking at this i probably should have colored each person differently but the responses below are 3 different people with me being the last response)

So if anyone ever post something like this kindly just correct them. Also if using the "Diddy base" as a selling point to someone be sure to fully specify that when we say "base" that we are referring to the character model render/basic movements. We are doing really good so far with erasing negativity one post at a time to make Dixie's DLC chances brighter! =D

Also added an "Effort/Production" section to the DLC highlights page as a response to that. So if anyone ever sees anything negative/ or unsure report those back to me so we can make our page more informative!

Just mention Lucas or Wolf when talking about using Diddy as base, I feel it gets the point across easier

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Even if Dixie is unique, her model is still just Diddy in drag/Diddy + Baret.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Even if Dixie is unique, her model is still just Diddy in drag/Diddy + Baret.
Exactly! Which is why it should't be too hard to make her character model. They have like 95% of the work done for them with Diddy lol. However the point I try to make to people is just because they would share the same model just about it doesn't mean that she would be a straight up clone of him. xD Diddy + Beret agreed!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Exactly! Which is why it should't be too hard to make her character model. They have like 95% of the work done for them with Diddy lol. However the point I try to make to people is just because they would share the same model just about it doesn't mean that she would be a straight up clone of him. xD Diddy + Beret agreed!
Her sharing her running and walking animation would save the devs tons of time too.
And it's not even that :farfetch'd:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I really hope they don't outright use diddy's model, at the very least they should lighten the fur. I just really hate DK and Diddy's fur in this game. It's too dark and just looks gross

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I wouldn't worry too much about that. I was in 3d animation class in school and color swaps are a very basic concept. Like 3 clicks and bam! New color. Im sure they would change her fur color.

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
Hello, i love DixieKong, the DK series is my favorites gmaes since I played the DKC Trilogy for the first time and Dixie is the character that like in the world, completed DKC 38 times in a row,she deserves to be on the roster of fighters,always appears in lists of rumors and then they are always false and I just get disappointed It's time for Justice and Dixie is playable in Smash
Please add me to the list of people who support Dixie Kong
PS:Sorry for my bad English, used translator because not speak English

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Her sharing her running and walking animation would save the devs tons of time too.
And it's not even that :farfetch'd:
Dixie's walking and running animation in the games are different from Diddy though. I want those little touches.

:231:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Hello, i love DixieKong, theDKseriesismyfavoritesagasinceI playedtheDKCTrilogyfor the firsttimeandDixieisthecharacterthatIlikeintheworld, completefullDKC38times in a row,shedeserves to beontherosteroffighters,alwaysappearsinlistsofrumorsandthentheyarealwaysfalseandI just disappointed It'stimeforJusticeandDixieisplayableinSmash
Please addmetothelistofpeoplewhosupportDixie Kong
PS:Sorry for mybadEnglish, thenusetranslatorbecausenotspeakEnglish
Mi comprendo!

My Spanish is bad.
Your English is good.

You can try to type better.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
I really hope they don't outright use diddy's model, at the very least they should lighten the fur. I just really hate DK and Diddy's fur in this game. It's too dark and just looks gross
But Diddy's model is pretty much identical to Dixie. The hair has to be brightened up since it is Dixie and just give it clothes and eyelashes with green eyes and it's Dixie.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But Diddy's model is pretty much identical to Dixie. The hair has to be brightened up since it is Dixie and just give it clothes and eyelashes with green eyes and it's Dixie.
Minus the tail, and no Dixie's hair and Diddy's tail are NOT used in a similar way.

I wish I was a mod so I could warn people for these sort of bull**** posts.

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus

GO GO GO!

This image has been a pretty big success, someone said something about dixie being a clone and I replied with this and quickly got 15 likes. It's such a great way to end an arguement on Dixie's move set potential

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Diddy uses his tail in only one attack. It won't make a world of difference where or not the hair functions similar to it.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Hello, i love DixieKong, the DK series is my favorites gmaes since I played the DKC Trilogy for the first time and Dixie is the character that like in the world, completed DKC 38 times in a row,she deserves to be on the roster of fighters,always appears in lists of rumors and then they are always false and I just get disappointed It's time for Justice and Dixie is playable in Smash
Please add me to the list of people who support Dixie Kong
PS:Sorry for my bad English, used translator because not speak English
Hey MOD! I have corrected the above statement. It looks like a bad copy paste from the translator. If it's not too much trouble could you replace it with my correction? thanks.

Nice to have you aboard. Cool you could finally join us! lol I am using a translator too! ^_^ Don't be shy I'll correct your post for you! Just so happy to see you here. Please enjoy your stay.
-----------------------------------------------------
Es agradable tener a bordo. Enfriar usted podría finalmente unirse a nosotros! lol estoy usando un traductor también! ^ _ ^ No seas tímido Voy a corregir su puesto para usted! Tan feliz de verte aquí. Por favor, disfrutar de su estancia.

Hey guys, haven't been here in a while, just checking to see if anyone has any challenger approaching banners like in my flair for Dixie, I swear I have seen one
I don't know but I just made this for you

Mi comprendo!

My Spanish is bad.
Your English is good.

You can try to type better.
typing had nothing to do with it, Using a translator. It was probably a bad copy and paste and didn't know which words needed to be separated due to not knowing English well. I'll fix any future post!

This image has been a pretty big success, someone said something about dixie being a clone and I replied with this and quickly got 15 likes. It's such a great way to end an arguement on Dixie's move set potential
OOOooooo where? I'd like to see the thread!

Diddy uses his tail in only one attack. It won't make a world of difference where or not the hair functions similar to it.

Agreed. Diddy only has one tail attack and if anyone criticizes Dixie with the whole hair/diddy tail thing they are digging deep for reasons to dislike her. I have always viewed Dixie's hair as like a separate arm. I know that sounds creepy but I always thought it was creepy that she could lift stuff with her hair O_o I just kinda went along with it and asked no questions as a kid xD

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I

In the leaks and rumors group in the main thread.
There is a leaks and rumors groups? I want to see/join or whatever. Links? Im not going to believe what is there but it would be interesting to see peoples thoughts on stuff.

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
Hey MOD! I have corrected the above statement. It looks like a bad copy paste from the translator. If it's not too much trouble could you replace it with my correction? thanks.

Nice to have you aboard. Cool you could finally join us! lol I am using a translator too! ^_^ Don't be shy I'll correct your post for you! Just so happy to see you here. Please enjoy your stay.
-----------------------------------------------------
Es agradable tener a bordo. Enfriar usted podría finalmente unirse a nosotros! lol estoy usando un traductor también! ^ _ ^ No seas tímido Voy a corregir su puesto para usted! Tan feliz de verte aquí. Por favor, disfrutar de su estancia.

I don't know but I just made this for you

typing had nothing to do with it, Using a translator. It was probably a bad copy and paste and didn't know which words needed to be separated due to not knowing English well. I'll fix any future post!

OOOooooo where? I'd like to see the thread!

Agreed. Diddy only has one tail attack and if anyone criticizes Dixie with the whole hair/diddy tail thing they are digging deep for reasons to dislike her. I have always viewed Dixie's hair as like a separate arm. I know that sounds creepy but I always thought it was creepy that she could lift stuff with her hair O_o I just kinda went along with it and asked no questions as a kid xD
Thank you friend,do not be step gathered all the letters and is understood still worse my message, my apologies to everyone and thank you for taking the trouble to correct my message,today went to several malls and vote to Dixie from their desktops xD

PS:I like to play with you to Smash3ds/wiiU someday,more still if at the end we ge tDixie Kong one is for DLC and we would a friendly Dixie vs Dixie :D

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Thank you friend,do not be step gathered all the letters and is understood still worse my message, my apologies to everyone and thank you for taking the trouble to correct my message,today went to several malls and vote to Dixie from their desktops xD

PS:I like to play with you to Smash3ds/wiiU someday,more still if at the end we ge tDixie Kong one is for DLC and we would a friendly Dixie vs Dixie :D
Don't worry about your English. Yo no hablo español mucho; estudio solamente un semestre a la universidad. Pero, ¡bienvenidos a la Thread de Dixie! Nosotros aceptamos todos los personas.

I do hope we all can have Dixie vs. Dixie matches some day. That would be amazing.

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
Thank you very much,yes,that would be great,we could even make a tournament where all ohm to Dixie :)

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Ok so @ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer 's Dixie moveset has got 50 notes on Tumblr: 15 reblogs and 35 likes. My page is not particulary popular, and with my Forward Smash idea only getting one note in comparison, VT's work getting as much attention as it did says quite a lot. Well done!

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Wow our campaign is really picking up! I went to go work on the site more and noticed I couldn't get into it. The bandwidth was getting HAMMERED! I had no idea the site was getting hits like that. I went ahead and set up a monthly pay plan of $15 a month for unlimited bandwidth. If anyone would like to contribute that would be a huge help. If not I completely understand.

Ok so @ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer 's Dixie moveset has got 50 notes on Tumblr: 15 reblogs and 35 likes. My page is not particulary popular, and with my Forward Smash idea only getting one note in comparison, VT's work getting as much attention as it did says quite a lot. Well done!
77 likes/4 shares on DK vine!
https://www.facebook.com/dkvine/pho...ype=1&comment_id=824177364304781&notif_t=like

And some other tumblr member posted the set as well! http://marylikesstuff.tumblr.com/post/118216489739/art-moveset-by-veemon-tamer
279 notes O.o

About 9 likes on twitter. I hope it goes more places to show people just how awesome she could be! and @ BirthNote BirthNote as soon as yours is done and I slap it on the template I'm 150% positive that people will go bandannas (lol) over your set too! I can't wait for yours to be done I really really love your style! I think it's going to be the most kickass one!

On another note https://twitter.com/SeanHicksART. I read a post somewhere that he will not do smashifieds of characters that the rayman leak guy Omni Jacala has already done. here is a banjo render that Sean did. Honestly I like Sean's better.
http://40.media.tumblr.com/6f9bf34c21f07f4d4de3263d114e38a8/tumblr_nmsies4Rum1rd29o6o1_1280.png

Anyways alot of people asked him to do yooka laylee so he did. So I am thinking if enough people ask him (via TWEETS) to do Dixie he might since there is no reason not to seeing how Omni has yet to do Dixie.

Also if all else fails I am currently practicing how to paint 3d renders by hand . NOT MAKING ANY PROMISES... but once I practice this a bit more I might attempt a smash Dixie my darn self. This was just a quick unpolished test to see how roughing out shapes and painting from shapes works and how coloring from greyscale works. Last night I stayed up till like 3am also practicing fur. Which was a huge fail but I think I know what went wrong so I'll attempt it again after I get a few commissions out of the way.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong was the first Nintendo character I voted for. It would be a shame if such a simple-yet-great idea wasn't used.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I could see using his skeletal model as a basis and work from there. I doubt she'll be super close to Diddy but have the set up close to his

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I feel Diddy's more primal when it comes to mannerisms than Dixie. She's more "proper" or upright than DK and Diddy but still behaves like an ape.

Top Bottom