• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Got 2nd out of 20 at one of our locals. Lost to Rayquaza07 (AiB :snake:) in Winner's Finals, beat him in GF1, but lost in GF2. He camps REAAAALLLLYYYYY hard and it really threw me for a loop. He sat on a platform throwing grenades for like 8 mins per game (we were using Japanese Ruleset). Any advice on dealing with campy playstyles?

Increased Combat Effectiveness (I.C.E.)

Player-1

Smash Legend
When you say he was sitting on a platform throwing grenades then I assume you mean Smashville since stationary platforms that are actually above the stage isn't that hard?

If they're on platforms (and this is in general, not just for snake) they feel pressured and will usually try to shield since most of the time people punish being on platforms with aerials. You can use side-b for that instead and it'll work really well, the fact that he's throwing grenades will make him even more prone to it. You can also pressure him with bananas and try to get him to slip off the platform and just screw his camp set up up. Peanuts work fairly well since, if he's camping a platform, he's only limited to a certain amount of space while you have tons which can allow you to dodge grenades easier (keep in mind you can throw them back, instant throwing and what not, just don't get carried away since he can grenade strip you). Side-b works really well against grenades like I already said, but most of the time against snake you don't want to go for the kick if you miss the grab, just jump away and try to keep a banana in your when you use side-b that way when you jump away you have more options with the banana.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
how did snake camp on a platform for 8 mins wtf.....
He stayed on the platform and only came down when it was absolutely necessary. It would be different he played a different character, but :snake: supports that type of play style so well.

Also we were using Japanese ruleset so there was a 10 minute timer.
:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Must've been a painful 10 minutes

Higher time limit so I have to camp even longer? Challenge accepted

TreK

Is "that guy"
Ever tried to fight cpus but camping for at least 8 minutes per stock ?
I do this everytime I can't sleep. MK is the hardest to succeed at it because cpus tend to suicide a lot against him. And with TL it's too easy so I push the stock count to 7 and suicide 6 times.

vato_break

Smash Master
if he's sheilding wait for his sheild to get low and poke him with something. i wouldnt even got for a aerial sideb cause he can be baiting you for that. better safe than sorry.

Player-1

Smash Legend
even if he's baiting it, there's not really much he can punish it with if you're jumping away especially if it's SV on a moving platform. Waiting for a shield to get low and attacking can still lead to attacking a grenade. Like frame 1 grenade pull or something.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Its all about spacing if he's camping.
Diddly is easily able to get through snake if he's sitting on a platform.
I need to see this match...

Gnes

Smash Master
Got 2nd out of 20 at one of our locals. Lost to Rayquaza07 (AiB :snake:) in Winner's Finals, beat him in GF1, but lost in GF2. He camps REAAAALLLLYYYYY hard and it really threw me for a loop. He sat on a platform throwing grenades for like 8 mins per game (we were using Japanese Ruleset). Any advice on dealing with campy playstyles?

Increased Combat Effectiveness (I.C.E.)
Stop playing brawl.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Nearest train station is at 50 minutes from here, nearest airport is even farther away.
I'm doomed to have uncool silver necklaces :(

tibs7

Smash Champion
finally a tournament coming up next wke! :)
should be good. need to get some prac in.

any kinda big tournies happening soon with a stream or anything?

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeHuz i am. im really fat too lucky they only have half my body there :s

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Got 4/58 at Phoenix Saga 3. There were a lot of heavy hitters there such as MJG, Kain, Meekspeedy, Lain, Sparta Kick, Mikey Lenetia, Sneakytaco, Tutu etc. When the results thread gets put up I'll post it here. I got a couple vids of me vs. Mikey and Kain. When they're up I'll post them here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom