• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official: Waco Circle * New Videos *

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
You guys had my hopes up. I thought for a second that a new Melee scene sprouted in Waco. We need more tournies though. Tell shiken. :@

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
* Walks into the old familiar but now abandon area, see his old keyblade on the ground. He attaches the project Melee emblem on it after picking it up. He then searches the area looking for any signs life * Hmm.. so anyone still alive here? Actually looking for some new people play with.

HeroV

Smash Rookie
I'm glad I picked today of all days to finally join smashboards. I'm in Waco and just starting to get back into the smash scene, just watched the documentary renewed my love for smash etc etc. Anyways I'm down to get together with whoever and play smash.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Holy **** batman. I figured I was the only one left for Smash. I'm the only guy going up to Dallas for stuff, we should get on that

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Can't just be a coincidence that I posted here today. I had just finished the smashbro documentary on youtube, right before I made that post. I'm surprised not one but 2 people posted. I'm actually down to play any day at any time, I took a break from school so I have plenty of free time. I have other people that I play with, but right now they are not as serious as I am about getting into the project melee scene.

I have a place we can play at and a cell number you guys can call to get a hold of me, whenever you all want to play.
So what is your guys contact info, and what side of town do you two live in?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm West Waco, basically at the edge of Waco and Woodway. Near Viking Hills and Tennyson Middle School.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Well I am in east waco, so that I could be closer to TSTC. So we are in opposites sides of town. So do you guys have transportation to meet up? My Cell is 831-224-5342 my usual crew wants to meet up later today. Do you guys have wii and place to play at?

Edit: Also you guys should post your contact info, or pm it.

Last edited:

HeroV

Smash Rookie
Couldn't figure out how to pm but whatever my cell is 469-360-9448. I'm still home for break won't be back til Sunday night so can't meet today. My parents won't let me bring my wii to school cuz they think I won't focus so no I can't provide somewhere to play but I can travel to meet up and play with y'all.

HeroV

Smash Rookie
Oh probably not. I have 3 roommates that I don't think would be very happy with people coming over :/. Ya I have my own ride.

pogo

Smash Apprentice
How is the old Waco crew? I was there in 2005-2008, but am in San Antonio now. I only remember like 3 or 4 names (Coach, Sora, Nova, and Combo). Do you all still play melee? San Antonio has been hosting some monthly tournaments, same with Dallas if you all are ever down to travel. There are usually PM events too

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Yea pogo I remember you, long time no see man. Was actually surprised to see your post. I figured you graduated from baylor by now. We don't play actual " melee melee " anymore but we do play project melee. Everyone sorta graduated school or stopped going to school to work full time, and most of the group moved the to Austin Texas. But the people you named are still here, except for coach. Combo had a baby and works full time, so he doesn't play anymore. Shame too because he was good rival.

Gibbking

Smash Rookie
Sora, I work in Waco and I'm not a good player or anything I just love the games but I'd be willing to spare some hours playing with you guys. Maybe a meet up on a weekend or something too.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh yeah this thread, I forgot all about it. Time to bookmark

I play Melee and PM, although the transition between both games is rough sometimes

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not bad. And ya, I got everywhere subscribed. 1000+ thread subscriptions gets me mad updates lol

knuckles213

Smash Ace
holy **** I go away for almost year and waco now gets a new scene, thought this city was never going to see the light of day. I might have to jump on this scene when I come back.

oh and DMG you wern't the only smash player there was 3 of us.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ya I knew there was a few guys around. I'm hoping someone can organize some smashfests, and see if there's any interest in traveling to Dallas for stuff or starting tourneys here

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The struggle is real! Need solid venues to host anything, it's so hard.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Even though it's a double post, I'm bumpin this for being so dead. Do the Waco people want to start up something else to make it a bit easier to keep in contact? A facebook group or something? I can feel that the interest for meeting up and playing has grown, we should get to it. We'll figure out hosting tourneys and other crap later, just get people playing each other first.

I think I made this right, so if you're interested just join that and it will prob be 5000x easier to keep up with peeps. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1446841618900014/

Last edited:

Aldo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anonymous254
3DS FC
1521-5815-0637
Greetings! My name is Aldo M. from Waco, Texas. A friend and I have been searching for Smash Bros. Melee players everywhere. We found some in Robinson when there was a Melee Tourny at the mall. I was hoping we could find more. If you want to speak to me and meet up with my friend and I, hit me up on Facebook!

Asm_254@yahoo.com

Mikey Da Bawse

Smash Cadet
NNID
MikeyDaBawse
3DS FC
5129-1447-8505
Sucks that the Waco scene is almost non-existant.
Good to see that there are actually some local smashers though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ya, it's been hard to get people assembled and active.

Oracle

Smash Master
Low Tier City 2 is next weekend! A melee and PM national event, with players from around the country like Mew2King, Westballz, D1, Wobbles, Neon, K9, and more! 2 full days in a 4000 sq ft hotel ballroom with hundreds of smashers, dedicated friendly setups, and professional streams from VGBootcamp and TourneyLocator!

Preregister at www.tourneylocator.com/prereg!

Top Bottom