• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Official Thread of Single Player Videos

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Uhh, this is a bit off-topic with this specific forum, but it would be best off if I were to merge it with the already existing Single Player Videos sticky. But be sure to start backing up stuff with videos or in some way discussing videos so that this idea does not stay off-topic with the forum.

Edit: This message is just in reference to all of the no-bat discussion.

ycz12

Smash Ace
OMFG WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY TOPIC?!

And hello to ajp, who seriously owns all of you.

The NBA WR strat for Ganondorf is u-smash, ADA, u-smash, ADA, d-throw, ADA, d-throw, ADA, WP. The same strat with a RWP (still NBD) goes a lot further than 3000 feet.

smashknight91

Smash Cadet
Hi

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums, but not new to the game. I play this game every day almost (my friends will vouch for me on that statement, i'm a smashacholic). I play mostly vs matches, or whatever I feel like doing. Anyway, marth1 I have seen those videos and man you guys are good. How long did it take you to make those strategies? My favorite is the kirby one (good use with the boomerang) and the ness one (great idea using falco's reflector to boost up link). And by the way (this is not in those videos you made just the regular target tests), how do you make young link's boomerang to go lower in his target test to get those three targets, right when your about to throw the bomb down and get the last two targets to the left. I know how to do it but the boomerang goes to high and misses the targets.

Oh, by the way, my scores for HRC are: (Intermediate scores I believe, some are beginner, you can tell)

Doctor Mario: 2087.3 ft.
Mario 1933.1 ft.
Luigi 2153.9 ft.
Bowser 2014.1 ft.
Peach 1408.8 ft.
Yoshi 2377.3 ft.
Donkey Kong 2193.6 ft.
Captain Falcon 3157.6 ft. (Fun to do his)
Ganondorf 7936.6 ft. (Barely made this score)
Falco 1959.7 ft.
Fox 2264.8 ft.
Ness 2030.5 ft.
IC 1466.5 ft.
Kirby 1422.3 ft.
Samus 2612.9 ft.
Zelda 2145.4 ft.
Link 1528.9 ft.
Young Link 1406.2 ft.
Pichu 1678.5 ft.
Pikachu 1622.7 ft.
Jigglypuff 1801.5 ft.
Mewtwo 1739.2 ft.
G&W 3083.1 ft.
Marth 2123.1 ft.
Roy 3913.1 ft.

ycz12

Smash Ace
Hey, smashknight. Those are DEFINITELY NOT MY STRATEGIES: I am nowhere near as good as the people in my vids. Your level is determined by your total high score- 50000- is beginner, 50000-80000 is intermediate, and 80000+ is pro. If you're interested in improving your scores, I recommend making a GameFAQs account and joining the beginner or inter topics. Your Peach needs work, BTW. Here's a strategy:

(Note: the language setting must be on Japanese in order for this to work.)

1. Sh/float, ADA
2. D-tilt
3. Dash to the left side of the platform. Peach should hold out her arms for balance.
4. Roll right.
5. Now, if you d-smash, it should not move the bag and do 20 damage or so. Repeat as many times as possible.
6. Grab bat, tipper OR pull bomb, smash throw down.

smashknight91

Smash Cadet
Well I do look at strategies and I do use them but I don't use peach because I suck at her in HRC, but I'll try that thanks. HRC is fun, I also like BtT. I have ok scores for them, but sucky compared to the master videos I've seen. I'm also getting a lot better in event match scores. I can learn all these new tactics and strategies, but now, with more and more tricks like shining, L canceling, and wavedashing (which I can do), I'm getting left behind. It's incredible what you can do in this game. Oh, one question, is it better to use x y jumping than stick jumping. I know the x y button make it easier to mini jump, but its hard to get used to. I only use the control stick and its hard to minijump sometimes. Falco, ganon, kirby, yoshi, ness are easy to mini jump with but everyone else is harder.

bockon

Smash Rookie
hi todos los videos estan mas ke buenos luego subire mis propios videos ke lo estoy editando!!!

Platano

Smash Rookie
These videos have logic to them even though some people don't notice its hard to do some combos perfectly and yes I loved the videos

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
wtf is up with memory! That is just disgusting!

All Control

Smash Rookie
Man, you sure do know of alot of sites to go onto.

ycz12 said:
Apparently, no.

Phy189's Smash Video Records site (first link) has been updated with, of all things, credit shooting.
Heck, This is pretty stoopid to say, but I can't think of one video to watch of SSBM. (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Hey dude, if your not in a clan yet, why not join my Fire Fighters Clan? I really do need some Fire Fighters right now, because no one has joined yet.

See you later,
All Control

All Control

Smash Rookie
Dude, HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU HIT THAT FAR????

smashknight91 said:
Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums, but not new to the game. I play this game every day almost (my friends will vouch for me on that statement, i'm a smashacholic). I play mostly vs matches, or whatever I feel like doing. Anyway, marth1 I have seen those videos and man you guys are good. How long did it take you to make those strategies? My favorite is the kirby one (good use with the boomerang) and the ness one (great idea using falco's reflector to boost up link). And by the way (this is not in those videos you made just the regular target tests), how do you make young link's boomerang to go lower in his target test to get those three targets, right when your about to throw the bomb down and get the last two targets to the left. I know how to do it but the boomerang goes to high and misses the targets.

Oh, by the way, my scores for HRC are: (Intermediate scores I believe, some are beginner, you can tell)

Doctor Mario: 2087.3 ft.
Mario 1933.1 ft.
Luigi 2153.9 ft.
Bowser 2014.1 ft.
Peach 1408.8 ft.
Yoshi 2377.3 ft.
Donkey Kong 2193.6 ft.
Captain Falcon 3157.6 ft. (Fun to do his)
Ganondorf 7936.6 ft. (Barely made this score)
Falco 1959.7 ft.
Fox 2264.8 ft.
Ness 2030.5 ft.
IC 1466.5 ft.
Kirby 1422.3 ft.
Samus 2612.9 ft.
Zelda 2145.4 ft.
Link 1528.9 ft.
Young Link 1406.2 ft.
Pichu 1678.5 ft.
Pikachu 1622.7 ft.
Jigglypuff 1801.5 ft.
Mewtwo 1739.2 ft.
G&W 3083.1 ft.
Marth 2123.1 ft.
Roy 3913.1 ft.

Man, my highest HRC score was with Mario, and I hit a 651.2 ft I believe. Do I need more practice or am I doing something wrong? What's a good strategy for the HRC?

Please Respond,
All Control.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ok, my computer is ssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......
could u submit these to googlo video like all the vids in the other stickied thread? that would be awesome.
sry if someone already said this <.<

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, HRC boys. I have a question.

Which of the characters in Melee have the most entertaining HRC strategies? By "entertaining", I mean two things: visually pleasing, so that other players will be enticed to watch an HRC round simply because it looks cool; and difficult, so that said onlookers will be impressed with what they see and gain a deep level of respect for HRC experts. I might be able to organize an HRC contest at a very large tournament this summer, and I'm curious which characters have great strategies. From watching the "Memories" video, I've seen a few who catch my eye:

Link/YL
Ice Climbers
Pichu
Sheik (funny cuz of her bat hit angle; but Sin's strat of turning back into Zelda is cool too)
Bowser
DK

What do the good HRC people think? Or is there somewhere else I should be asking this?

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Some1 once told me you were Japanese, Marth1, which I've believed to this day. I love the casual BtT's...

ycz12

Smash Ace
nealdt said:
So, HRC boys. I have a question.

Which of the characters in Melee have the most entertaining HRC strategies? By "entertaining", I mean two things: visually pleasing, so that other players will be enticed to watch an HRC round simply because it looks cool; and difficult, so that said onlookers will be impressed with what they see and gain a deep level of respect for HRC experts. I might be able to organize an HRC contest at a very large tournament this summer, and I'm curious which characters have great strategies. From watching the "Memories" video, I've seen a few who catch my eye:

Link/YL
Ice Climbers
Pichu
Sheik (funny cuz of her bat hit angle; but Sin's strat of turning back into Zelda is cool too)
Bowser
DK

What do the good HRC people think? Or is there somewhere else I should be asking this?
Eh... I actually find Bowser and DK rather boring. The newer Jigglypuff strats are pretty cool, as are some of the AR'd Peaches. If you want visually exciting HRC vids, you probably don't want to look at the main records, as most of those are rather repetitive, with the bat drops and whatnot. I think No Bat Drop is the coolest, and No Bat Allowed isn't bad either.

Top Bottom