• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings (11/25/12: NEW RANKINGS UPDATED!)

TheKiest

Smash Champion
You're forgetting Infern, that the list more reflects the time period not the entire career. (Which you have been slaughtering in).

1. Infern
2. AZ/Y.b.M
3. BR
OThers
KB prolly 10th or 9th.

Kel

Smash Master
Yeah, me 2 stocking infern 3 times in a row a month ago counts for nothing =P. Also beating YbM and Blue Rogue multiple times in addition to that =P.

L2PR

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Kel, you're kind of confusing to place for this because you've lost to people recently like Tactical and djiskascribble. You've also lost to OS the past few times while Ybm and Infern both beat him recently. At the same time, you just beat Lain and you usually place in the top 5.

Also, Blue Rogue beat you last time you two played at Nope's. I don't know your record with him but the more recent fights are going to stick out in people's minds. People can get better on a pretty large scale over the course of just a week or two.

I'd say the main reason people are placing you where they are is who you've lost to more than who you've beaten. This seems pretty viable since it has just as much impact in what placing you get (debatedly more) as sets that you win. In any case, there are tournaments left to prove yourself and again, the most recent fights are going to stick out in people's minds the most.

Kel

Smash Master
Infern lost to some guy named coco and then some random guy while I got 2nd at a KY tournament. Why wouldn't he get penalized for losing to randoms too? And if the "more recent" fights are sticking out then Blue rogue beat me while I have beaten Infern and YbM.

OS said it best when he said that people try to make this list with the memory of a goldfish.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Infern lost to some guy named coco and then some random guy while I got 2nd at a KY tournament. Why wouldn't he get penalized for losing to randoms too?
I lost to Coco who got 5th place that tournament, u lost to tactical who got 13th :p

And the "random" guy who took me out was Y.b.M. :laugh:

These arguments make smile lol

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Well what tournament did you beat Infern and Ybm? I didn't realize you'd beaten them within like a month but maybe I missed something? I think it's less recent than you losing to Blue Rogue not that that's especially important.

Infern lost to Coco at Lolis and then proceeded to win two tournaments in a row with big name players. So it kiiind of makes up for it. Meanwhile, you lost to Tactical just on saturday. If you go to a tournament with good players this weekend and win it, people will probably rank you higher and accept your loss to Tactical as a fluke. So to answer your question, Infern did get penalized for losing to Coco but made up for it by winning two tournaments in a row and beating AZ twice. It's already been shown that getting 1st place can have a dramatic effect on the PR so atleast this shouldn't come as a surprise even if you disagree with it.

I mean these are subjective lists. We don't have cold hard data to rank people. In fact the people who posted aren't even on the panel while you are. So I don't really see the point in getting worked up about it. Personally I could switch you and Blue Rogue pretty easily and I'm not sure which of you is better. But I wouldn't put you any higher than 4th because I think Infern, Ybm and AZ play better than you overall right now. My opinion effectively means nothing since I'm not on the panel but I thought I'd explain it since you disagree. I don't want you to think that I didn't put any thought into it.

As for having the memory of a goldfish, wouldn't a power rankings list be more indicative of current player skill if it's based primarily on the most recent results? I don't really care how good a person was at the beginning of the month if they play completely differently at the end of the month. I doubt that anyone is forgetting results from earlier so much as recognizing progress of players in comparison to others. I don't know why we'd do it any other way.

These arguments make me smile too :)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ummm... I lost to Kel Twice... The 1st time was at seasons beatings.... and after that was in KY... which was like almost 2 months ago...If I'm wrong then my bad, but That's what I remember..

They make me Smile too!!!

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
If that's the case then I don't think they even technically count on the next PR.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm gonna try to beat everyone who is/has been on this list at least once, I got 6 so far (Beegs and Lou included), that's one of my goals while I work to improve. :)

And Y.b.M.'s music is pretty **** sexy. That is all :3

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Y.b.M. has had 5 on lock down
for months

However, I think he may have finally broken through with his recent performances.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
No it was just that win in pools at TYM a while back, with that last bomb-omb KO. I don't really count pool sets personally but I guess they are still something to contribute to a PR. :3

Count

Smash Champion
He got fourth at vamps but he was also throwing up earlier in the day. Granted Y.b.M. got second while being deathly allergic to cats.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Like the Count said, i got 4th, losing to Y.b.M. and Kel, both of who i have also beaten in this month, so its gonna be a tricky Power Ranking to make haha

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
haha well snake dittos dont really show who is better, i think tournament results would be a more accurate at that. But either way, im looking forward to the next time I get to play Nope haha

Hyro

Smash Lord
Who from Ohio is gonna be at Pound 4? I needs some MM's

Top Bottom