• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Smasher Lee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ssblee
3DS FC
3754-9164-7769
No, says joining the match.

Want me to try tohost?
Sure, if it doednt work, its probably gotta deal with the servers

I'm not able to join. I cant play for the next 7 minutes and ill try to unplug and plug my router to see if it will make a difference.

Last edited:

Seibu

Smash Cadet
To dismiss any confusion: Yes, it is a server problem you are experiencing. Refer to the Wiimmfi guide thread for more detail (I apparently cannot post links on this forum with my current post count).

In short, I am hosting a lobby for The Waiting Game. I both encourage and expect participation from everyone wanting to play Brawl online (via Wiimmfi) sometime again.

Seibu

Smash Cadet
???​
There's a server problem right now? I was just brawling with someone 20 minutes ago.
Yes, there is. I played Entro and a friend of mine from another site during the time that they've been wonky. So, while it may be possible to still play others, the servers are still behaving erratically and awaiting maintenance. The condition for how you may join others or they may join you doesn't seem to be known. If it was, the issue would be less of an issue and more of a slight inconvenience.

I can't say there's no point in trying to play other people rather than waiting, but I can say that if it doesn't work, do not be surprised.

Last edited:

HI5

Smash Rookie
Well now connection to the servers doesn't seem to be working for me...I'm stuck in joining the match.
Hmmm... restart, and then you try hosting?

EDIT: Looks like I'm stuck "Joining the Match" too... I'll restart, and if it doesn't work after that I guess it wasn't meant to be =\

EDIT2: Yeah, I was playing yesterday and it was working fine =\ oh well, I'll be back on later to try again

Last edited:

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
Hmmm... restart, and then you try hosting?

EDIT: Looks like I'm stuck "Joining the Match" too... I'll restart, and if it doesn't work after that I guess it wasn't meant to be =\
Hopefully server maintenance comes within the next 4 hours or so (the usual time) to fix this problem. I've never ever been not able to connect to someone before (aside from a problem with an actual server) so I know it has nothing to do with my router or yours for that matter. I'll have my Wii on though, so if you decide to come back on again later we could try I guess, that is if they fix this.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Hopefully server maintenance comes within the next 4 hours or so (the usual time) to fix this problem. I've never ever been not able to connect to someone before (aside from a problem with an actual server) so I know it has nothing to do with my router or yours for that matter. I'll have my Wii on though, so if you decide to come back on again later we could try I guess, that is if they fix this.
Is there a way to tell the wiimmfi devs about this problem? They need to know about it soon.

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
Is there a way to tell the wiimmfi devs about this problem? They need to know about it soon.
I don't remember where but I remember reading about someone saying they messaged one of them to fix something with Mario Kart Wii. I checked all over the wiimmfi website but there's no link to any e-mails.

Seibu

Smash Cadet
They are well aware. From what I've read, only Wiimm himself can mend the issue. He is looking to do so, but he's terribly ill right now. All we can do is wait and/or commiserate until he recovers and performs server maintenance.

Seibu

Smash Cadet
It won't let me join can I try hosting?
There doesn't seem to be any chance of success tonight. I guess we can't play. How unfortunate. I wonder how we were able to connect fine the last time we played.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Is wiimifi really worth it? People on miiverse say it sucks and is all laggy? Is this true?

3ds FC: 3325-3644-1635

Last edited:

Seibu

Smash Cadet
Is wiimifi really worth it? People on miiverse say it sucks and is all laggy? Is this true?
I wouldn't confide in the opinion of people on Miiverse when it comes to Wiimmfi. They probably tried it once when Nintendo's servers were disabled, and reached the conclusion that it wouldn't improve in quality. When I first used it, it was pretty abysmal. But it did get better. Thus, I feel like any experience with it would be heavily connection-based, probably more so than Nintendo's servers; I feel like Wiimmfi surmounts those servers in most aspects.

The traffic on these servers is leagues less than its "predecessor," in my opinion. As for whether or not it's worth it, I'm not sure what that means. I can tell you that those rumors you are reading about on Miiverse are fraudulent, however. You'd be better off at least trying them for yourself.

Last edited:

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
True that. Everyone on miiverse blabbers on about how the rule of not allowing friend codes to be givin is useful because of little kids when the wii u can do worse with wii u chat and private messaging. Considering the fact that it's an FC not a phone number and wii u can do friend requests on miiverse and placing NNID's as friends. No one should be confiding to people on miiverse when it comes to anything.

Seibu

Smash Cadet
Pleased to inform you all that the servers are once again operational. Haven't tested for myself yet, but many of my friends are currently playing.

Also, another friend of mine ins streaming Brawl: http://www.twitch.tv/1fow1 He's playing with stream-goers, so feel free to have your name added to the line if you want to play on stream this fine night/evening!

Top Bottom