• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nipple Spike: Falcon's True Spike Revealed

Juce

Smash Ace
I think I found out that Falcon has a spike, not just a meteor. If you hit with the top part of his body during his dair (his chest/shoulders/head), it will send tham at a 45 degree angle, this has been known. What's never been tested is whether or not this hit is any different from the regular hitbox of the dair (yes, in AR, there's a separate hit bubble for this), as it hits at the same speed as the meteor portion, just a different angle. Well, I finally did test it out, first on a Jiggs on the edge of FD in training mode and then on a human as Jiggs trying to meteor cancel it. Both failed, and if you want to try the Jiggs test yourself, set her damage to 40% and shffl a dair. Follow that up with a full hop dair and you'll hit with his nipples, sending Jiggs diagonally down off of the stage. You'll find that she never meteor cancels it, and the only time you see her start to jump back up is when she's out of the stun from the dair and there's no "meteor cancel blue bubbles." Hopefully people help support my findings by testing it out themselves and I'll probably work on getting a demonstrational video out soon if people are really that skeptical.

yes!

Smash Apprentice
try testing it on a human who can meteor cancel to make sure

Juce

Smash Ace
I've always thought that it was a harder-to-meteor-cancel spike ever since I first started doing it, but now I actually took some time and did a variety of tests (mainly humans that can meteor cancel very well, like Aftermath and Ratking) and I can say with some level of certainty that it is, in fact, a true spike. So, before all of you bash it, try it out for yourself, against human oppoenents as I have and then tell me it's meteor cancelable, I guarantee that you'll find you can't jump or upB out of it until the stun is over from it.

When you're testing, make sure you have the right spike, you should ideally be hitting them with CCF's chest, although his head also gives the angle and spike.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Falco's Down Throw somewhat of a Spike, too? Kinda. It's more of a Meteor Smash with the Down Toss then the Laser acts like a Spike.

Dice

Smash Lord
Isn't Falco's Down Throw somewhat of a Spike, too? Kinda. It's more of a Meteor Smash with the Down Toss then the Laser acts like a Spike.
This is the falcoN forums...

And yeah I think if you hit them and send them at the angle it can't be meteor cancelled, pkmvodka was telling me about this a little while back.

G@BE

Smash Lord
It is really just his hit box for the move its nothing speacial >.>

well i guess we can call it the nipple spike. but its not new

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
try testing it on a human who can meteor cancel to make sure
LOL OMG!!!!....thats too funny....

but yeh....wow thats the funniest thing iv heard in like 3days...seriously

But yeh...the kids right...I dont know if its a "true" spike....but definatly harder to cancel....

Someone look into this....damit

G@BE

Smash Lord
Its not harder to cancel its the same thing. Some one please listen to me. His body is one big hit box when he does down-air.

Juce

Smash Ace
Its not harder to cancel its the same thing. Some one please listen to me. His body is one big hit box when he does down-air.
You don't understand how much i've looked into this. How about this, set her damage to 40% and shffl a dair. Follow that up with a full hop dair and you'll hit with his nipples, sending Jiggs diagonally down off of the stage. See if you can have someone jump out of it before the lag is over.

Juce

Smash Ace
I have had many people try to cancel it. I had Aftermath try, and he failed. It's not because he can't meteor cancel, because I haven't killed him with a meteor since 2001.

I didn't just make this thread just to say that Falcon has a spike, but for other people to test and confirm what i think i may have found.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
I, too, believe this is a spike. I play with Jesse (Juce) all the time and not one time have I ever survived the nipple spike. Aftermath is great at meteor cancelling, and he has fallen victim to this tactic as well.

on a side note, <3 <3 oregon

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I have had many people try to cancel it. I had Aftermath try, and he failed. It's not because he can't meteor cancel, because I haven't killed him with a meteor since 2001.

I didn't just make this thread just to say that Falcon has a spike, but for other people to test and confirm what i think i may have found.
As much as I hate to admit it... Aftermath is one of the best people I have ever met when it comes to the "technical" aspects of defensive smash i.e. Metor Canceling, Smash DIing, DIing correctly etc... He is fanatical to the point of obessision with these types of things, he works to perfect his DI and all other "defensive" capabilities that characters have in smash. If Aftermath cannot metor cancel it, after many attempts, (there is no way he can make a mistake metor canceling so many times, that it gives one reason to believe its a true meteor.) then from my perspective the spike becomes even more valid. Ask THE KING about Aftermaths smash DI and his insight on other aspects of "defensive" smash, he would even vouch for Aftermaths knowledge of this portion of SSBM. Furthermore, Juce has tested this spike against me several times, and although I do not consider myself as good at those aspects of the game as Aftermath, there is no way I can miss a metor canceling as many times as I have on that spike.

With that said, more people should ACTUALLY TRY the spike and test it out. If you think its not legit, then test it, I think that was the point of Juce's post in the first place. He thought he had discovered something possibly "new" or maybe not new, but that is not widely used or known at this moment, and is looking for people to test it also, in order to prove, or disprove his theory.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
After about 3 Hours of testing.... I'v concluded the move is a "true spike" indeed...or so it seems. Good work discovering this, CF's all around who know about this have now gotten slightlyer...less crappy.

Now for some randomness:

The ocean, is on fire
The sky turned dark again
As the boats came in
And the beaches
Stretched out with soldiers
With their arms and guns
It has just begun

Believe, you want this
Believe, I want this too

Why wont you tell me that
It's almost over
Why must this?
Tear my head
Inside out

And the houses
Laid out like targets
With the deafening sound
We watched them all go down
And the families
Now useless bodies
They lay still black and blue
A gift from us to you

Believe, you want this
Believe, Do I want this too

[ these lyrics found on completealbumlyrics.com ]
It's almost over
Why must this?
Tear my head
Inside out

Oh oh oh, oh, oh, oh oh oh, oh oh
Oh oh oh, oh, oh, oh oh oh, oh oh (Believe)
Oh oh oh, oh, oh, oh oh oh, oh oh (Believe, you want this too)

It's almost over
Why must this?
Tear my head
Inside out

It's almost over
Why must this?
Tear my head
Inside out

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
Well, I wouldn't say Falcon is any better now it's just that we have (or so we think) gained a new tool. Cool, though I must say. It'll probably need to be tested more widely, but it worked well against Jiggs for me, who ends up meteor cancelling most of the time on accident.

Sure, this isn't an entirely new concept, but I believe this is the most depth that has been put into proving it. Hopefully this tactic will prove itself useful.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
nice find, I don't think people understand the weight of it. C falc with a low lag easy to pull off aireal spike? Shrug it off if you'd like, but you've just been nipple spiked.

Juce

Smash Ace
I've only been able to do it once in a real match since I made this thread. I could see the only use for it is if you D-air some one near the edge then follow it up with the Nipple Spike. The angle should send them down to their death.

Magus420

Smash Master
Yes, it is a true spike (in 1.0 at the very least). It is also the lowest % KOing spike in the game. Far stronger than Marth/Falco's d-airs, and yes, even more powerful than Ganon's down-b :psycho:

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Hmmm, I also have 1.0 and it works. Can people with other versions confirm that it still works?

I don't see why they'd take it out but it's good to know.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Yes, it is a true spike (in 1.0 at the very least). It is also the lowest % KOing spike in the game. Far stronger than Marth/Falco's d-airs, and yes, even more powerful than Ganon's down-b :psycho:
Captain Falcon...has official moved up on the list....this calls for a whole new tier list...or atleast a position change.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
yeah... Cfalc is moving up the list once word of this spreads around. a true spike that sends you at a good angle with amazing knockback... on falcon?

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
It can be canceled, it's just harder too. I don't see why everyone would start peeing their pants even if it were true. It wouldn't be grounds to move him up the tier list anyways. Falcon stays the same...

Magus420

Smash Master
Hmm, well unless it works unlike every other meteor in the game to cancel it seriously is unable to be MC'd in the initial version. [/nippleconspiracy]

His nipples could use more range though. =/

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
We should probablly pee our pants and move him up the tier list guys, what do you think?

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Hmm, well unless it works unlike every other meteor in the game to cancel it seriously is unable to be MC'd in the initial version. [/nippleconspiracy]

His nipples could use more range though. =/
Magnus i dont get your sig picture but it makes me laugh

Shadow_I)ragoon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SyNeaX
Before saying it isn't a true spike make sure you sen him in the perfect andlge cause 1 degree difference and you will be able to cancel it.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
That's like saying that just because somebody DI's the hit, it goes from true spike to meteor or vice-versa. If it can be cancelled, it's not a true spike. If PKM said it can be cancelled, you can be sure it's not a true spike.

Top Bottom