• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo Betting Thread: Smash 4 September 30th DLC Betting Complete! Currently having a break.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
A forum game inspired by a similar one made by BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 .

The rules are simple, bet on whether or not if a character, stage and balance changes will be coming this month on the 30th for Super Smash Bros Wii/3DS. There's two teams, one team of it not happening and one happening. You guys can decide what happens to all the members on the opposing team if they lose the bet, whether it be an avatar or signature change. Once you decide, you can never change it again! It should be fun!

Have any ideas for a new betting theme? Tag me in this thread or send me a message on my profile!

TEAM BALANCE PATCH:
- M Megaboyzzz
- Icedragonadam Icedragonadam
- Z25 Z25
- @Awesomedude4444
- BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
- The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn
- ShinyRegice ShinyRegice
- Putuk Putuk
- @Speedwagon
-

TEAM NO BALANCE PATCH:
- BandanaWaddleDee BandanaWaddleDee
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Fyi, you don't have to pick all 3, you can pick one or two if you want.

Punishments:

Team character punishment: Dora the Explorer avatar.
Team no character punishment: Shaqboards avatar.

Team stage punishment: Location changed to "Scrubville".
Team no stage punishment: Location changed to "Straight out of Compton".

Team balance patch punishment: A picture of Filthy Frank in their sig somewhere.
Team no balance patch punishment: A picture of Don Ramon in their sig somewhere.

Also fyi, the actual punishments will be locked in on the 29th 12:00AM AEST.

Last edited:

Megaboyzzz

Smash Rookie
Team no character, team another stage and team another balance patch

Whatever you guys choose if im wrong

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I'm with A Distant Demon A Distant Demon . I'll be on team character as well. I will also have the punishment of having the losing teams use their Shaqboards with one key exception. Including the Shaq avatar, the losers need to use the :yeahboi: emote on every post they make. Seems harsh, but the punishment sometimes have to fit the crime :yeahboi:.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm on team, yes to all 3. It's been awhile since we've had content, I'm sure they've been doing a lot on new content. If I'm wrong, I'll change my avatar to whatever is decided.

Screw it ill join team there will be mii costumes as well.

All of the punishments cant be avi based btw. You cant have 3 avis as the same time.
We could have multiple things in a sig though

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Team No character,Team Stage,Team Balance patch.If i lose i'm wrong i'll add every single winner name to every post of mine for a month

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
How about this? I'll make really hard Kuribo Shoe themed level, and you'll have to have Yoshi eat them all if you lose. #TeamNoCharacterOnUpdate

Oh, I didn't realize I somehow got in this thread, thought I was posting in the swamp social. I'm on Team NoCharacter for sure though.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Team character punishment: *Avatar Based*
Team no character punishment: Shaqboards avatar

Team stage punishment: *Location based*
Team no stage punishment: *Location based*

Team balance patch punishment: *Sig based*
Team no balance patch punishment: *Sig based*

Also fyi, the actual punishments will be locked in on the 29th 12:00AM AEST.

I was also thinking, I was going to originally have the stage betting not include the MM stage for the sake of the thread. I'm going to stick with it, but if enough people want me to exclude it then I will change the rules to fit that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Team character punishment should be using a Filthy Frank avatar. :smirk:

BTW can i be on both team character and team stage? If not then i want to be on the former.
EDIT: For how long the punishment is?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Remember what i said about filthy frank? scratch that.

Instead, the punishment for the character team should be using a Don Ramon avatar. please?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Team no character, team new stage asides from Super Mario Maker, team new balance changes.

I'm doubtful about characters as we will most likely not have a livestream dedicated to the new update and I'm not expecting a sudden and non-live character reveal. I'm definitely expecting a new stage as the stage_4 theory is too convincing imo and stages aren't as much of a big deal as characters so they can be revealed without livestream just fine, so I expect one to be revealed Monday or Tuesday through Twitter alongside Mii costumes. I think balance changes are definitely happening as the last time they happened was two months ago.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Team No Character
Team No Stage (unless the Super Mario Maker stage counts)
Team No Balance Patch.

D

Deleted member

Can i be in team balance patch? Sorry for asking so late.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Alright, I guess I'll also be on team new stage as well. I do think the Mario Maker stage won't be the only stage though.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Punishment time! :dazwa: :denzel:
The following people are required to have a Dora the Explorer avatar for at least one week as a result of losing the bet:
A Distant Demon A Distant Demon
epicmartin7 epicmartin7
Z25 Z25
Icedragonadam Icedragonadam
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
@Speedwagon
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn
Putuk Putuk

BandanaWaddleDee BandanaWaddleDee , you are required to have your location set to "Straight out of Compton" and a picture of Don Ramon in your signature for at least one week for both.

Thanks for participating guys! :D :awesome:
It is done, the update was still quite nice without a new character though.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What the heck? I thought I lost? :confused: But I was ignored, so does that mean I don't have to have a Dora avatar? :awesome:

Edit: Icedragonadam Icedragonadam said the exact same thing as me, why was I ignored? :confused:

Last edited:
Top Bottom