• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
!!!!!!!
Its so awesome!
I feel so childish right now just from looking at it :D

Afraid to make it a sig though.. Might get quite a lot of flaming.. For the two of you too.

And yes... on topic now. The glowing wings would look better on a dark grungy looking Ridley. The regular purple wouldn't look that good though.

*Waves R.I.D.L.E.Y. Flag*

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Heh heh heh, no problem O D I N. Your awesome enough.

Just waiting for tonights update..

We need Ridley.. Though it makes enough sense for him to be shown later and not today.

*Waves R.I.D.L.E.Y. Flag*

-Onyx

Caael

Smash Lord
Guize, say that Ridley wasnt hidden, then do you think he would be revealed sooner rather than later? I'd say sooner, as Metroid is very lacking in Smash Bros, and we've hardly had any updates associated with Metroid. No ATs, no items, no stages. We've had Samus, her Final Smash, and Zamus. Thats it. We need more metroid!

Shuma

Smash Hero
No Caael, we require additional pylons.

Aniway this update is taking too long... also Happy B-day Onix, *E-hug*.

dragon duce

Smash Cadet
im pretty sure hell make it to brawl,
you probably noticed but in ssbm he appeared in the opening movie fighting samus and his smash A could be a bite (wich samus dodjed)
size wouldnt be a problem if he was that big in the game or maybe DK'ish size

Sinn

Smash Lord
No Caael, we require additional pylons.

Aniway this update is taking too long... also Happy B-day Onix, *E-hug*.
xD

I snickered. Good job <3

I concur on the evil lack of update. And also don't think that there seems to be much predictability to who they decide to reveal on the site at all. The ones from the original trailer, yes, since I'm pretty sure they were ALL characters who were widely known as being wanted in the game. But...seriously, the order that the reveal things now seems to lack a lot of sense. It's like they're pulling things out of a hat.

Maybe that's why it's late today, they lost the hat...in any case, I have to go to sleep now. I'll find out in the morning.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow a Newcomer each week! wouldn't have saw that coming a month ago would you?

But who knows what Sakurai will show us each week XS

Ridley for Brawl.

Edit: "Do not make an error in the fight or the figure (Dark Samus) will have it's way. In other words, don't die while fighting Dark Samus or she will have her way"

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well it was two weeks between Ike and PT...and about a week and a half between PT and Diddy. It'd be great if they started updating new characters that fast, but when are they going to update other stuff like...movesets? I've been wondering about that for a while. The more characters they add, the more movesets they'll need to update before the game comes out. Only 72 updates left, after all.

If he IS going by the list (which would make sense...why bother asking for input he's not going to end up using?), then this means a couple thing. First off, Geno is gonna be in it, which makes me hěn gāoxìng. Second off, the only characters they might update in the site before the game comes out could be ones from that list...with all others remaining secret for a while.

The more they update, the more I feel that characters like Ridley are virtual shoe ins. Especially if the character seems a bit unorthodox, which Ridley TOTALLY would be.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Okay now that i've seen the you tube trailer I now believe Dark Smaus also might have a chance into Brawl, but we will definetly get Ridley hands down

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!

p.s. It seems that Sakurai is now giving us a newcomer or veteran every week

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Diddy confirmed! You know what this means? Sakurai is playing by his list! Ike and Diddy both had 4 votes on the list! Ridley, Geno or Dedede are sure to be next!
ah, but you missed one thing. Pokemon Trainer was barely on the list, and he was after Ike. it wouldn't be the next newcomer, but maybe the one AFTER the next.

still, with Ike and Diddy both being included, and both having 4 votes on the poll, is there really any doubt Ridley won't get in?

Ridley for Brawl

OmegaXXII

I don't doubt Ridley at all, but what I am doubting is Geno

and btw what poll are you guys talking about because i'm confused?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
at this point, i feel the that after a few more characters, he will show us the starting character selection screen (IC, ness, CF, maybe one or 2 more new ones like krystal) and then he'll probably updated with hidden characters last. when sonic and ridley get put on, (both times) this site is gonna crash. but after the first selection screen, he'll start with hidden characters (snake, most likely meta-knight, ridley, dedede, wolf, geno, sonic, G@W, and more)

maybe ending with ANCIENT MINISTER AS PLAYABLE!!! (jk)

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
i dont play metroid ( im not too good at it XD ) but ive seen many pics of ridley. Ridley looks awesome. It would be cool to have a dragon-like charecter in the game. His chances are pretty good seeing how hes in the opening of SSBM and alot of people want him. He will probably be an unlockable boss.

OmegaXXII

at this point, i feel the that after a few more characters, he will show us the starting character selection screen (IC, ness, CF, maybe one or 2 more new ones like krystal) and then he'll probably updated with hidden characters last. when sonic and ridley get put on, (both times) this site is gonna crash. but after the first selection screen, he'll start with hidden characters (snake, most likely meta-knight, ridley, dedede, wolf, geno, sonic, G@W, and more)

maybe ending with ANCIENT MINISTER AS PLAYABLE!!! (jk)
tha't gonna be so tight if Ancient Minister is playable, but anyway Ridley's confirmation will surely have this thread (or another if this gets closed again) having about 50 replies a minute which would crash the site down lol,

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
ridleys GOT to be in.... all the signs point to yes, they wanted mroe baddies, the story has a dark tone riddled with boss battles, proper metroid representation etc etc

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
WoW!!! Diddy is confirmed!! and i thought he will be unlock able..

If Sakurai is following his poll result then Ridley chances just increased in my book!!

Diddy completely took me off guard!!
i think this points to another DK rep, an unlockable one. K Rool? and i just noticed your sig, and those 5 characters were the top ones in Sakurai's poll, so i think that most are 99% chance

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
We got 2 out of 5, and while I don't think Geno'll be in, Ridley and Dedede are shoe-ins. Cuz the Kirby and Metroid Series have preeeeetty much been ignored until Brawl.

Shuma

Smash Hero
There will be a metroid Villain in Brawl, and i bet it's going to be Ridley, of course if D. Samus get's in, i still win, since both of them are awesome.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Just finished Super Metroid again - didn't manage to complete it in under 3 hours with 100% items though :(

By far my favourite Metroid game.

Ridley really kicked *** in it - I just love his tail. I'm expecting alot of tail ownage in Brawl :D

Dave

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
There will be a metroid Villain in Brawl, and i bet it's going to be Ridley, of course if D. Samus get's in, i still win, since both of them are awesome.
Yeah, but Dark Samus is far less deserving then many characters, and it has so little going for it.. I just can't see it being in the game unless Sakurai feels that there absolutely has to be more Metroid characters than Samus, Zamus, and Ridley. And three seems fine, so don't expect much more than an assist trophy.

Really, Super Metroid was the best Metroid Game Evah.
It's even one of the best games of all time. :p

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Most probably, but it seemed far too easy (probably because I completed it before?) Metroid games are never really that hard. Hardest part is getting all the items :laugh:

Anyway Corruption is shaping up to be absolutely incredible - I love how you can mess about in her space-ship and the Wii controls can only add to the experience.

To keep on-topic:

Ridley's tail is so **** awesome. Just is.

Dave

Markus Aralius

Smash Cadet
im in the process of playing super metroid for the first time...just got the speed boots...so far this game is F'N Awesome

dont realy know who ridley is yet, but when i face him im sure il want him in brawl too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom