• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
oh I see, but why did the previous one close? anyway how will Ridley look in the new metroid game coming out?

RDK

Smash Hero
What the hell was wrong with SWF for like all of today before 11:00? This place is going to pot......

I don't think this thread will ever be as great as the old one. The nostalgia is just gone.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Surely I can't be the only one who thought of the following prediction...

Metroid Prime 3 will be out next week. The updates have been getting more and more information worthy of discussion lately, including newcomers. Anyway, my prediction is that Ridley will be shown as a newcomer during the week of MP 3's release. I say this as a prediction and not a theory because I hardly have any facts to back it up. How do we know Sakurai will care or not to update the Dojo site with information related to a game just released?
Now I feel silly for not having considered that. Nintendo has been doing an awful lot of hyping for Metroid Prime 3 (what with the channel and finally releasing Super Metroid on the Virtual Console and all), so I suppose it wouldn't be completely unreasonable that someone might have thought to call Sakurai up and tried to organize some sort of deal. Of course, on the other hand, I doubt anyone at Nintendo outside of Sakurai's team knows any more about Brawl than we do. So ultimately, I guess it amounts to Sakurai feeling like doing it of his own accord, which might not be too likely (I mean, when was the last time anything predictable happened on the Dojo?). And even if there IS a Metroid-themed update to commemorate the release of Corruption, there's nothing saying that it has to be Ridley.

It'll be something to hope for, at least.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Ridley will probably be in, and i sure as h3ll am rooting for him,
but I just can't imagine what these forums world would come to if he wasn't.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
It was the same bullcrap with the Nervous bout Brawl potentially suckin thrad.

The first edition was teh Epicness. The second one lacks the feeling of the original and phails compared to the 1st.

This thread may go down the same road.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
I didn't take into factor the release date of the game over in Japan. :urg: Snake is a hidden character and he was shown in the first trailer, so that doesn't quite mean unlockable characters will be shown last. However, this still doesn't really say anything about Ridley. Is there really any kind of patten to character updates around here anywhere? The two newcomers thus far didn't have tons of hype or support behind them. I guess we're just have to see where this prediction goes.

I was gonna reply much, much sooner before this site got caught in a Subspace bomb or something. Ya, that's what I'm blaming all downtimes on for now on.

RDK

Smash Hero
I was gonna reply much, much sooner before this site got caught in a Subspace bomb or something. Ya, that's what I'm blaming all downtimes on for now on.
We like to think it's McFox, but that's more of an inside joke than anything.

Right on @ Yeahdude's post.

OmegaXXII

it sure has lost it's spark, but that's maybe because it just barely a new thread i guess

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well, you can't stop the nubs from coming into.. like the largest Smash Bros. Community since it would be the easiest to find.

Spam was going to happen since we probably went almost everything that has to do with Ridley. All we did was talk about random things until some anti-Ridley person would come in. Or a contest would start.

I hope we get Ridley.. for tomorrows update.. So then I get him for my birthday :D Or Krystal would be nice also. with MP 3 coming out it would be perfect.

*Waves R.I.D.L.E.Y. Flag*

-Onyx

OmegaXXII

what day does Metroid Prime 3 come out anyway? It would be cool if we got a Ridley confirmation when Metroid Prime 3 (MP3) comes out

and btw happy early birthday

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
The 27th of this month. I have yet to see a Japanese release date. Metroid and Super Metroid came out for the VC during these past couple of weeks or so, which a handful of people predicted would happen around the release of MP 3. If I'm not mistaken, Metroid came out on VC in other countries a lot sooner.

Basically my prediction is just that, a prediction with little to nothing to back it up, because it really comes down to Sakurai even caring about the game coming out in America. Even if we do get something Metroid related next week, it doesn't mean it'll be Ridley. Either way, I'll stand with my prediction, since if it's wrong (which I expect is likely), I'll have nothing to lose.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I doubt that prediction because Sakurai really doesn't give a **** about a game coming out in America BUT if Nintendo ask him to give some sort of Metroid related update it might happen... remember when he advertised in the Kid icarus music update?

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
So that does prove I wasn't the only one. Of course, I knew someone in Ridley's fan club had to thought up something similar.

And to stay on topic, I think people may be worrying a bit too much about Ridley being only a boss and not playable. Bowser proves that villains can still be playable. *Sakurai updates the next day with Ridley as a boss only for the lulz* D'oh!

RDK

Smash Hero
Bowser proves that villains can still be playable
So does G-Dorf, for that matter.

I don't think Ridley will get passed off as just a boss. He's too important to the franchise, IMO. If we need a non-playable baddie, we have Kraid.

Plus, comparing Petey Piranha with Ridely just makes me shudder.

OmegaXXII

@Kaid: ahem, if I may say so I might of thought of it first around a month ago,but I just never felt like posting it lol... and yea villains rule! RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!

RDK

Smash Hero
Kaid's a known credit-hog.

You should have come prepared, Giga. :psycho:

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ahhh so many Ridley fans, tis thread will never be as great as the original, but still it has Ridley so it's Win.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Since when can ANY thread be as great as the original... BUT lets try and make this thread better than all the other (Non closed) threads! Hey? you up for it?

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
So does G-Dorf, for that matter.

I don't think Ridley will get passed off as just a boss. He's too important to the franchise, IMO. If we need a non-playable baddie, we have Kraid.

Plus, comparing Petey Piranha with Ridely just makes me shudder.
I didn't say Ganondorf because he isn't confirmed yet for Brawl, but I do expect him to be in.

Anyway, with Ridley being mentioned on the poll four times, not to mention his huge fandom, I don't see how Sakurai could make him anything less then a playable character. Normally I think being popular isn't enough, but Ridley has so much going for him. He could bring an unique move set to the game, he's one of the most important villains (maybe the most important) in the Metroid series, and many other reasons likely already brought up, including those I mention. One of the biggest reasons I'm hoping for him to be confirmed is to pwn the "he's too big!" or "he doesn't fit in" nay sayers. Still doesn't mean he's a shoe in (or any yet to be confirmed Melee character). I too hardly see how he can be compared to Petey, at least in terms of fandom and how important they were in their games.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I haven't seen it because... *looks at location*

But i have seen a lot of pics of the new Ridley and he is UUUUUUUUUUUGLEY.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just looked at his stats...I know Ridley is big but I always thought he'd be the Speedy kind of character dispite his size...He's big but has a more athletic build unlike the other big characters.

(The stats the OP Wrote)

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I miss everyone :(

But on topic: Ridley for Brawl!

Doesn't have the same kick to it, but it still feels pretty good to say.

BTW, is anyone here playing Super Metroid on the VC?

OmegaXXII

wow!, simply amazing!!, kaid's credit hog defeated? but anyway I want to also see a glimse at the new Ridley, Lego could you show it?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Was he that ugly? I think it was just that the video quality was bad(Atleast the one on YouTube was), and Samus was so extremely close up to his face.

Ridugley for Brawl.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Was he that ugly? I think it was just that the video quality was bad(Atleast the one on YouTube was), and Samus was so extremely close up to his face.

Ridugley for Brawl.
He wasn't as pleasing to the eye as normal.. It was a pretty bad quality video.

But he still pwned, it was a pretty long fight and hes got some moves, too bad we'll know exactly how to kill him now AMIRITE?

I do like the glowing wings though, he could have that in Brawl for all I care.. Rather keep him classic though.

-Onyx

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
He wasn't as pleasing to the eye as normal.. It was a pretty bad quality video.

But he still pwned, it was a pretty long fight and hes got some moves, too bad we'll know exactly how to kill him now AMIRITE?

I do like the glowing wings though, he could have that in Brawl for all I care.. Rather keep him classic though.

-Onyx
I wont mind if was glowing.. that will be a pretty cool costume change!!

say Onyx check the chat forum in the ridley website:laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom