• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mysterious Songtress: Azura for Smash DLC (Moving on to the Invisible Kingdom for Now)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Azura Dances In!

Who is Azura?
Azura was a princess of the Nohrian royal family, but was captured and held prisoner by Hoshido in a similar fashion to the Avatar. Azura is a gifted songstress and dancer and is seen dancing in a theatre, watched by Garon. The song she sings is if~hitori omou (if一人思う lit. if~one's thoughts). Azura's singing holds great, but mysterious powers.

Shortly before the start of the great war, Azura meets the Avatar and they discover their similar origins and situations. Azura allies with the Avatar through the story of if, regardless of what route they choose. In the Hoshido route, Azura wears a white and blue dress. In the Nohr route, Azura wears a dark blue and purple dress as well as a veil. It is currently unknown if she will wear a different dress or one of the other 2 if the third path is chosen.

Why should I Azura?

Azura is one of the main characters of an upcoming Fire Emblem title, one that had been receiving plenty of critical acclaim from the fandom since it's reveal. With Awakening being the one title that saved the fracnhise, there is no doubt that it can easily fulfill the same legacy as the former. It's been heavily trending in the social media and many American fans had been wanting to get a taste of it since it will be out in late June for the Japanese audience.
Many may argue that the main character Corrin should be chosen because he's more important, Azura has nearly the same amount of (if not more) attention than him/her. Just take a look at the fire trailer and she had the most attention of any character there and one can't ignore her prominence in the first part of the second Fire Emblem If trailer. Many Fire Emblem fans hope that one day that would get another female character or a non-sword user, which is where she comes in since she can rectify these requests.
Azura's Moveset Potential and Abilities

As previously stated, Azura has some abilities than any Fire Emblem character in the roster never had before. She is a Songtress, a brand new class that would be introduced in Fire Emblem If. They can grant the ability for a partner to have a new turn similarity to the Dancer/Bard classes previous Fire Emblem titles. How it can work in Smash on the other hand, can be pretty tricky since there will be more 1 vs. 1 matches prominent in the series than Team battles. One idea is that the singing can be used in a way where it either stuns or stops a fighter dead in there tracks to give her the chance to attack. Another would be for the singing to actually get a boost of strength for her physical attacks.

Speaking of physical attacks, she is seen with a golden lance in her official artwork, which is confirmed to be her main weapon. She can use to some heavy powerful strikes or quick jabs to make her an unpredictable fighter. Like how Marth works, her blade is only efficient in the tip except the difference is that other parts of the lance won't harm her opponents. Her status as a dancer could also work in her moveset since it can be used for some graceful flair in her movements or provide for some great attacks with her feet.

Lastly, there's the Dragon's Vein mechanic that will be used by every character in Fire Emblem If (even Corrin who was seen using it in several trailers). Some of the special abilities that it can do is manipulate certain aspects of the battle field like manipulating earth to create a bridge, drying a lake with fire, or even making tall grass grow for hiding. Despite it being currently unknown what specific type of ability Azura has for it, I can see it being water related given that its her very namesake. I can see it being no problem for Sakurai figuring it out given that it can be a unique mechanic that can help her stand out if more could be done than juts her lance and singing.

Moveset (Work in Progress)
Entrance Animation: Azura rises our of a puddle of water while singing, then strikes a defensive pose with her lance.

Idle Animation: Azura stands on her two feet with her right hand holding onto the spear and her left hand hanging freely, all while sporting a serious look. Inspired by her model's stance in Fates and her character portrait in the game. There are times when she would flip her hair or even thump the spear occasionally.

Walk: She does a confident walk with her spear in hand with a determined look.

Run: She runs with her spear in hand while making slashing with the water that emanates beneath her feet.

Sleeping Animation: She kneels in pain similar to the scene in which she tries to calm down a rampaging Kamui.

Dizzy Animation: She struggles to hold her self up and teeters while trying to keep herself balanced with her spear.

Dodge Animation: A graceful sidestep like any dancer would in that situation.

Normals
Jab:
Azura swipes with her right hand to create a water effect, the connects with a another swipe with her hand in a similar manner (but upwards). The third attack would eventually connect into a combo of multiple water slashes from her free hand alone (which can eventually end with a water burst for a finisher)
Forward Tilt
She swipes with a graceful swing of her lance.
Up Tilt
She performs a dancer's kick into the arm wheel holding the spear with her arms as a balance.
Down Tilt:
She deals a sweep kick like a professional dancer would using the spear as a balance again.
Dash Attack:
She slopes towards the opponent using water waves with her spear pointing forward like a fierce jouster.
Neutral Air
Azura spins around her spear while singing, which would result in a water effect surrounding her entire body.
Forward Air
She quickly swings her spear before her with a fierce look.
Back Air
She does a graceful spin kick with a water effect while holding on to that said spear.
Up Air
Azura channels the water into her spear to spray a short ranged jet from the tip.
Down Air
She holds onto the spear and sings to channel the water around herself as the spear falls. Once she hits the ground, she jumps of it and pulls it out of the ground.

Forward Smash:
Azura spins her spear in a graceful manner like her attack animation in the game and deals the finishing blow with a forward leap. It's one of her more stronger non-aquatic physical attacks and has the right amount of range to attack nearby foes.

Up Smash:
Azura channels water into her hands with the help of her necklace as it shines. She is holding the spear into the air for this moment until the move would finally be unleashed. Once the Smash occurs, she would momentarily create a massive vortex that envelopes her entire body (which can suck inside foes with a mini vacuum effect and damage foes from the inside.

Down Smash:
Azura holds onto her sacred spear with both hands while reaching out both of her legs to the left. Once the Smash is released, she spins around her spear with miniature waves emitting from her feet. Like Toon Link's Forward Smash, this can be pressed multiple times for her to go for a second round of spinning.

Grab:
Azura reaches out her arm to create a miniature blob of water that "grabs" the nearby opponent once she clutches her hand backwards.
Pummel:
The blob strangles the opponent around their body like a boa constrictor while she makes a serious face.
Forward Throw
She pushes the foe backwards with a powerful jet of water while she opens her hand.
Back Throw:
Azura pulls the opponent closer with a finger gesture for her to grab the foe with her own hand, which would lead to her tossing the foe away while they are accompanied by a wave.
Up Throw:
Azura stands straight up, with her arm and index finger stretched out upwards. Spinning her index fingers around to convert that blob into a ravenous vortex carries the foe into the air. Then the throw ends in her doing a stomp for the the vortex to rupture and send the foe flying.
Down Throw
Azura then expands the blob which "drowns" the opponent in the inside as it would try compressing itself into the ground. She is making a pressing gesture with her free hand doing the process of it before eventually breaking the water blob with the last one.
Neutral Special: Dragon's Vein
Azura holds her spear towards the sky and looks at it determined. During this phase, you are charging what appears to be water inside of the emblem of your emblem (which should be dark blue for now), which dictates the style of power her move could have. At low power, she releases a violent burst of water from the spear after pointing it forward.

Mid charge is where things get interesting (the emblem is a baby blue), she can slash with her spear to create a traveling wave that's nearly the size of Link that deals slightly more damage that the previous water burst. It does at least travel the same distance as a Bob-Omb depending on the charge of it.

Full charge is now one of the more deadlier versions of this technique and the emblem should now be a extremely bright sky blue. Azura sings part of her theme (if ~ one's thoughts) and valiantly slings her spear with grace. Then she thrusts the spear to launch a powerful blast in the shape of an aquatic spear head at the foe to deal heavy damage. While it is the strong move, the start up for it leaves her pretty vulnerable to anyone that can attack her from any direction.

Side Special: Aquatic Ambience
Azura holds our her spear in a threatening manner in preparation of the next attack. Then she gathers water upon her feet while singing gracefully with slashes of water surrounding her legs from ankles up. This would eventually follow into her riding atop the water she gathers as a form of a quick tidal wave to damage nearby foes.

The second part of the attack can only be done after pressing the special button again as a secondary means of recovery or up close attack. If you don't do so however, it will be left as a plain puddle of raging water that can suck in anyone that steps near it (Which she can easily walk away from despite the fact that it can't harm her). It can last up to a good five seconds before disappearing.

When used in mid air without the extra press however, it will simply be a floating maelstrom disguised as a living platform that can harm anyone that thinks about jumping near it. It can last as long as the aforementioned raging puddle and "die" in a burst of water.

Up Special: Twists of Fate
Azura grabs her spear with both hands while channeling water from her emblem again. But this time, she would lance herself straight into the air while singing for her entire body to be surrounded with water

Down Special: Aria of the Songtress
Azura holds her hands at her chest with her spear clenched between them, obscuring the view on her necklace, while singing.
Within seconds, massive circle of water would completely surround her just like the scene of the E3 trailer with a rampaging Corrin.
The outlines of the circle deal damage to opponents and knock them directly upwards. Only one can be made, but it can change size based on the charge and the outlines can easily damage the opponents.

When the button is held, while being charged it can reach as far as three quarters of Battelfield itself and have a height of Takamaru (including the blade and his already tall appearance) to give Azura more defensive options. She can heal for a good 1% damage per send the longer she stays in the middle of it (which will be signaled by the emblem on her necklace flashing). That part can easily be difficult based on how diligent your other opponents are at stopping you or if don't stand perfectly still in the center.

Final Smash: Curse of the Nohr Princess

Based on the infamous dance scene from the game (specifically the Hoshido version), Azura starts to sing her entire dong words from word while dancing desperately. Once she dances normally, it's a warning for opponents to take cover or keep jumping for which things will get serious once she performs the water motions. The scene will darken and the movements of opponents will begin to slow down based on their distance from Azura. Then she will start dancing with the water surrounding her hands and feet to enact the curse to damage everyone on the screen. You can also gain damage from this move if you are close to her while she's doing these water motions.

Once the chorus for "If One's Thoughts" kick in, things will get much more chaotic in while she performs more aggressive maneuvers with her dancing. This would cause things like vortexes and powerful slashes of water to appear in random spots (this would be a way of attacking the tricky opponents that like to camp or run away). Each attack causes moderate damage and even mores if you are anywhere closer to her. For the grand finale, she sings "Azuraaaaaaaaaaaa!" while stooping low with both hands outs stretched. This would result in a series of tall water spouts traveling across the entire stage to finish things off (have a high chance of KO'ing opponents based on the amount of damage they received).

Taunt 1: Azura sings the first verse of If Ones Thoughts with her spear planted in the ground. Then pulls it out once the song is over.

Taunt 2: Azura creates a mini water vortex in her hands while looking at it in amazement. Then ruptures it into a burst of water before closing her hand.
Taunt 3: She points her spear forward with a serious look while saying "Ones fate should be judged without fear nor pain!". She would pull her spear back around the pain part with a more aggressive gesture before getting back into her idle position.

Victory Animation 1: Azura does a motion similar do her Healing Song action (complete with the actually singing) during Fire Emblem: Fates gameplay before looking back at the camera with a smile.
Victory Animation 2: Azura says "Even with a duty to save the world, I'd rather risk my life for the people in it," with her hands together and spear lodged into the ground. Her expression during this scene is rather sad despite her victory.
Victory Animation 3: Azura does an aggressive dance similar to the Nohr version of her scene with Garon while singing a more sassy version of "If one's thoughts" with her eyes closed. She eventually opens them once she gets down with the last step and looks at the viewer.

Azura, the spear-headed Warrior

B: Dragon's Veil
Azura charges her spear by holding it up in the air like Link's side taunt.
The spear charges itself by pumping water to its end, and when water has pumped to the end 3 times.
A complete charge dures as long as charging Ike's fully charged Eruption.

The effect of the attack depends on the direction the player presses when releasing the attack.

Sidewards: On the ground, Azura points her spear to the ground and releases a water current, reminiscent of Piplup's Surf in Brawl, that clings to the ground.

When used in the air, Azura points her spear straight forward and releases a stream that goes straight forward, but is affected by gravity heavily.

Downwards: (Ground only) Azura sticks her spear straight into the ground, which creates a maelstrom around it that traps opponents at her feet. Has a vaccum effect

Side B: Purifying Song
Azura holds her hands at her chest and starts to sing.
Her singing causes a big circular area around her to light up in azure blue, with yellow circles flowing through as she sings.

When an opponent touches the area, they're slowed heavily, and are damaged and knockbacked upwards when touching the yellow lines.

When a teammate touches the area, they're sped up and healed when they touch the yellow lines.

Up B: Dance of the Waves
Azura points her spear at her feet and swings it in a 45 degree angle.
The spear releases a cord of water for Azura to dance over.
Down B: Dancer's Turn
Azura holds up her spear and twirls around.
This causes rain to drop on her, which buffs her speed and hitstun for a short time.
Azura's Holy Supporters
Azure Warrior
BluePikmin11
Wintropy

skaaaa
WeirdChillFever
FreddyonDrugs
dimensionswolrd64
monadoboy
_Sheik
Bebe Mignon
slambros
bksbestbwoy
dangeraaron10
Saenen
Erureido
Shantae 4 Smash
King Gilgamesh
ProjectAngel
Ridleyridster
Altais
AGreatProcrastinator
Golden Icarus
Chromfirmed
smashkirby
smashingDoug
TheJukeBox
Tom13
Solar Crystallization
Kotor

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Automatically sign me up, love the dancer class so much (Which is why I supported Olivia back then).
Let's see who ends up getting in if an "If" character manages to happen.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Automatically sign me up, love the dancer class so much (Which is why I supported Olivia back then).
Let's see who ends up getting in if an "If" character manages to happen.
Me too, I guess we are two minds alike. And while I do like the idea of Kamui, Aqua might be the closest thing to a good spear fighter that we can get (other than Bandanna Dee). Plus, I can see her singing being used for some unique tactics in battle.

Only time will tell if either character will be more popular than the other when the ahem comes out. Other than that, may the best IF protagonist wins. :smirk:

By the way, I hope it isn't too late for you to support @ praline praline .

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I was honestly hoping this thread would show up and was almost tempted to do it myself way back when.

I support a thousand times over. Too good to pass up on.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Inb4 muh reps.

Still waiting on getting FE to reserve judgment.
Now that you've reminded me, I need to plan on making an arguments against Aqua sooner or later since those fans still exists. :troll:

I was going to be on board with waiting to see who's more prominent, then I couldn't help but to make this thread because "Why not?".

I was honestly hoping this thread would show up and was almost tempted to do it myself way back when.

I support a thousand times over. Too good to pass up on.
It was a good thing that I beat you to the punch too since that Monita thread was already stolen by @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever in the end. No surprise since he's the resident Nabbit fanboy on the boards.

With that being said, I'll add you to the list immediately you crafty kitten. :3

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Now that you've reminded me, I need to plan on making an arguments against Aqua sooner or later since those fans still exists. :troll:

I was going to be on board with waiting to see who's more prominent, then I couldn't help but to make this thread because "Why not?".

It was a good thing that I beat you to the punch too since that Monita thread was already stolen by @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever in the end. No surprise since he's the resident Nabbit fanboy on the boards.

With that being said, I'll add you to the list immediately you crafty kitten. :3
I'm glad you did, in that case. I have my hands full as it is, and I can tell your interest is sincere. I respect that.

Could you just list me as Wintropy, though? That's what people know me better as and all. :3

Incidentally, I'm thinking the Fire Emblem support threads should team up to do a unified PSA sometime.

Would be a great way to spread the word and increase support ranks.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm glad you did, in that case. I have my hands full as it is, and I can tell your interest is sincere. I respect that.

Could you just list me as Wintropy, though? That's what people know me better as and all. :3

Incidentally, I'm thinking the Fire Emblem support threads should team up to do a unified PSA sometime.

Would be a great way to spread the word and increase support ranks.
Changed it back since I knew you would say that. Kind of like how people still know ~ Valkyrie ~ as Young Horsetail despite the name change.

The PSA actually doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. Many Fire Emblem fans aren't as volatile towards each about reps unlike the Mario fans because there's less "stars' in comparison to the Mario cast. We can become a unified force to discuss the many things we love about Fire Emblem while spreading the word of If since it's pretty hype.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Changed it back since I knew you would say that. Kind of like how people still know ~ Valkyrie ~ as Young Horsetail despite the name change.

The PSA actually doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. Many Fire Emblem fans aren't as volatile towards each about reps unlike the Mario fans because there's less "stars' in comparison to the Mario cast. We can become a unified force to discuss the many things we love about Fire Emblem while spreading the word of If since it's pretty hype.
Yeah, plus I feel a lot of Fire Emblem fans don't get uppity about which character is the most "deserving" of their choices; we can mostly agree that every character has their merits, and that any character appearing is a win for the series and its fanbase.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Me too, I guess we are two minds alike. And while I do like the idea of Kamui, Aqua might be the closest thing to a good spear fighter that we can get (other than Bandanna Dee). Plus, I can see her singing being used for some unique tactics in battle.

Only time will tell if either character will be more popular than the other when the ahem comes out. Other than that, may the best IF protagonist wins. :smirk:

By the way, I hope it isn't too late for you to support @ praline praline .
I am sooooooo down for this you don't even know. We need a rep for FE that ain't a swords user to show there is more to the game than that. Plus she looks bad ass and fun as hell.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I am sooooooo down for this you don't even know. We need a rep for FE that ain't a swords user to show there is more to the game than that. Plus she looks bad *** and fun as hell.
You're damn right she's badass. She can sing and slice people down with a spear without giving any craps. :awesome:

By the way, I've added you to the list. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And we finally got a new trailer for Fire Emblem If under the new subtitle of "Fates", meaning that both games will be combined into one for the Western version. Yes you've heard that right, Fire Emblem won't be going the Pokrmon route in the good old West. :awesome:

We also caught some of the English voice acting and Aqua's voice is actually pretty good (though some purists might want to disagree with that). The fact that Aqua was so prominent in the new trailer gives me hope that she might wind up being more notable than Kamui his/herself. Again, we would know once the full game is out and we would rather not see any spoilers next month.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aqua hype.

Fire Emblem Fates cannot come out fast enough.
I know right, 2016 seems like so far away from now. I actually want to get started working on the Nohr side just to see her original black Nohrian outfit.

Also, is anyone getting the bad feeling that her and Kamui's relationship would be a bit tragic? She was clearly begging him to kill her for some reason (maybe out of guilt regarding how their respective kingdoms even went for war in the first place).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: The OP and information had been updated to matched the localization for Fire Emblem Fates. Aqua is no more and the current English name is Azura (derived from the word "azure").

So how do any of you personally feel on the new name change? While I am slightly peeved about the name Azura, it at least sounds a bit more unique in comparison to her official Japanese name. The name change actually makes her a bit more cooler despite it sounding less mysterious and more exotic.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If she gets in, which appearance would she have?
Good question, I can see it depending on which version is more popular. Though the Hoshido outfit would probably be used (with the Nohr one as an alt) since it was seen the most in the game's adverts.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Update: The OP and information had been updated to matched the localization for Fire Emblem Fates. Aqua is no more and the current English name is Azura (derived from the word "azure").

So how do any of you personally feel on the new name change? While I am slightly peeved about the name Azura, it at least sounds a bit more unique in comparison to her official Japanese name. The name change actually makes her a bit more cooler despite it sounding less mysterious and more exotic.
So now you're Azura Warrior amirite?

EDIT: Ooh ooh add me to the list!
Smash needs more water, dancing and spears.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Inb4 Azura becomes Sm4sh DLC or Smash 5 newcomer instead of Kamui.

You may add me!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Inb4 Azura becomes Sm4sh DLC or Smash 5 newcomer instead of Kamui.

You may add me!
I feel like that will be the case since she's getting more screen time than him in the adverts after all.

Adding you to the list.

So now you're Azura Warrior amirite?

EDIT: Ooh ooh add me to the list!
Smash needs more water, dancing and spears.
Added, we do need more dancers and spears after all.

Knew you were about to make the jokes with my name. :laugh:

Hey @ D dimensionsword64 , would you want to be on the support list? Was thinking about doing so earlier, but it would've been best to ask you first.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I feel like that will be the case since she's getting more screen time than him in the adverts after all.

Adding you to the list.

Added, we do need more dancers and spears after all.

Knew you were about to make the jokes with my name. :laugh:

Hey @ D dimensionsword64 , would you want to be on the support list? Was thinking about doing so earlier, but it would've been best to ask you first.
You know me so well. :4pacman:
I could try to make specials for Azura

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know me so well. :4pacman:
I could try to make specials for Azura
Making a moveset aren't we? :awesome:

Sure, go ahead and take a shot since there's plenty of material to use that isn't a spoiler. The moveset I'm making would take a bit longer since Cooking Moma is a higher priority for now.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Making a moveset aren't we? :awesome:

Sure, go ahead and take a shot since there's plenty of material to use that isn't a spoiler. The moveset I'm making would take a bit longer since Cooking Moma is a higher priority for now.
Now I wanna make a Cooking Mama moveset.
Or at least a gimmick.

I'll make just a gimmick.

In the mean-time, an Azura moveset:

The spear charges itself by pumping water to its end, and when water has pumped to the end 3 times.

The effect of the attack depends on the direction the player presses when releasing the attack.

Sidewards: On the ground, Azura points her spear to the ground and releases a water current, reminiscent of Piplup's Surf in Brawl, that clings to the ground.

When used in the air, Azura points her spear straight forward and releases a stream that goes straight forward, but is affected by gravity heavily.

Downwards: (Ground only) Azura sticks her spear straight into the ground, which creates a maelstrom around it that traps opponents at her feet. Has a vaccum effect

Her singing causes a big circular area around her to light up in azure blue, with yellow circles flowing through as she sings.

When an opponent touches the area, they're slowed heavily, and are damaged and knockbacked upwards when touching the yellow lines.

When a teammate touches the area, they're sped up and healed when they touch the yellow lines.

Up B: I dunno
Azura doesn't know what to do.

This causes rain to drop on her, which buffs her speed and hitstun for a short time.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sure! She seems interesting and I would gladly buy her if she became DLC.
Alright, I've added you to the list. I would be lying if I said that I wouldn't purchase her if she's chosen.

Now I wanna make a Cooking Mama moveset.
Or at least a gimmick.

I'll make just a gimmick.

In the mean-time, an Azura moveset:

Up B: I dunno
Azura doesn't know what to do.

How about a spear jump or aquatic tornado for an Up Special? :troll:

The moveset itself isn't that bad and it has that great usage of her known abilities. Water manipulation is something I should have thought of to begin with given her name and association with the lake in that trailer. That Neutral Special is something I can tell plenty would have fun with.

Might add this to the OP if you think about a proper recovery move for her (Up Special).

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Alright, I've added you to the list. I would be lying if I said that I wouldn't purchase her if she's chosen.

How about a spear jump or aquatic tornado for an Up Special? :troll:

The moveset itself isn't that bad and it has that great usage of her known abilities. Water manipulation is something I should have thought of to begin with given her name and association with the lake in that trailer. That Neutral Special is something I can tell plenty would have fun with.

Might add this to the OP if you think about a proper recovery move for her (Up Special).
PEGASUS KNIGHT WAVE RIDER

That and my name is not WeirdChill"i"Fever

UpSpecial is here:
"Dance of the waves"

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
PEGASUS KNIGHT WAVE RIDER

That and my name is not WeirdChill"i"Fever

UpSpecial is here:
"Dance of the waves"
Right, had to admittedly rush a little since my girlfriend really wanted me to come to a friend's birthday party in the evening and introduce myself in person.

Fixed it now that there's no balloons or dancing around this morning.
The moveset should be put up there a bit soon (still got to finish that CM moveset this evening).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: I've created a motivational Vote for Azura poster that might be added to DeviantArt soon and serves its purpose as being a brand new addition to the OP. With all the digital practices I've been doing, I might think about creating some full size signatures with the render I have some time this week for more awareness.

In all honesty, do you think I did her character and mysterious quotes any justice in the image or should I wait until we have better backgrounds to use once the game is out next week (something that isn;t too spoilerific)?

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I voted for her. It would be nice to have a spear based fire Emblem character, and those ideas involving water are pretty cool. She'd be Roy's rival in a way.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I voted for her. It would be nice to have a spear based fire Emblem character, and those ideas involving water are pretty cool. She'd be Roy's rival in a way.
In a way, she would be the perfect counterpart to Roy given the spear and water abilities. She would also be a breath of fresh air due to representing a new class in the Fire Emblem series and her attribute as a singer makes her stands out among the other female Smashers.

And it turns out that she canonically does have those abilities after all from what I've seen in Nintendaan's first 15 minutes of the game. Looks like both me and @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever were either psychic or made lucky guesses after all.

In the meantime don't expect any spoilers out of me or anyone else here since the leakers are going crazy now. In terms of actual news by Nintendo themselves, we do know that her friend Corrin can feel free to have a gay option (We might as well thank those who rallied against Tomodachi Life last year for this).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Please add me to the supporters' list!
Added.

Seeing Azura's portrait makes her seem so serious, yet calm about the situation around her. Here's to hoping that she would be a well developed character in the game (Plus having a cute child with her).

_Sheik

Smash Lord
If I reckon, it was confirmed by Famitsu that unlike in Awakening, the child is fixed as of who their father is, and inherits their mother's hair color this time around.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If I reckon, it was confirmed by Famitsu that unlike in Awakening, the child is fixed as of who their father is, and inherits their mother's hair color this time around.
Not surprised, they did use a ton of the resources for things like My Castle (which they described as being another game) and "Emblem Amie" anyways. So a blue haired Kanna wouldn't be to bad given they still get to have that cloak and the smile. Then again, I'd rather not spoil myself and look up every child that's in the game.

Top Bottom