• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marvelous Heroes of the Treasure Island are here! Dion, Max, and Jack! Smash 4 DLC, or Smash 5?

How should Dion, Max, and Jack be as a character?

• Red's Pokémon? (In this case, one battles on the stage and the other two stay in the background?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only one of the three should be playable?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

smashkirby

Smash Hero
A thread for the treasure-seeking heroes!

These three children are the main protagonists for the game, "Marvelous: Mōhitotsu no Takarajima" (meaning: "Marvelous: Another Treasure Island" in English).
Many years ago, when the seas were ruled by the pirates, Captain Maverick was the worst of them. It is said he left an astounding treasure hidden on an island filled with traps and puzzles.One day, these boys go camping and they uncover a secret hidden deep on the island, as do a band of three dangerous pirates who are searching for the ancient treasure. In the game, you would control all three boys simultaneously each with their own skills. You could assign a leader and let them work together as a team. You meet many characters along the way who will help you, give you hints, or ask you to go on missions for them. The game seemed to be well received in Japan, but did not get a release in the States, or even Europe. But it did garner two sequels-of-sorts in the Satellaview game, "BS Marvelous: Time Athletic", and Marvelous: Camp Arnold.
The main characters are as follows and this is the moveset summary I would have for all of them and they would be able switch out to make one the leader and the other two would follow closely behind. So they would be a cross between he Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon:
Dion- (in red and brown, wearing the cowboy hat in the middle; age 12) – He may be short, but he's a spirited little guy. He would be a fast runner and a good pitcher. (He would probably be the all-around character of the trio and in this case, would be good with throws and be the fastest of the three.) His small size allows him to get opponents off guard, due to his speed and all. Putting him at the head of the team will make them move quite faster.
Max- (in green, with the monkey on his head; age 12) – He is the largest and strongest of the three. He likes to eat, but also likes to play soccer and swim. He is also a good boxer. (Not trying to refer to Little Mac; he's just the strongest of the three. And boxing seems to be a hobby for him.) He also can lift up heavy objects. This allows him to move the fastest of all three when carrying something like a Crate or Barrel. (Not as fast as Donkey Kong, but still fast enough.)
Jack- (in blue and red, wearing the glasses; age 12) – He is the smartest of the three. He's good with his hands. He likes to build things and work with machines. He's a good jumper. He's taller than the others, which comes in handy if the player(s) need(s) to jump high.

So that's my take on them, please tell me what you all think of them and what moveset you think they should have!
(I'll probably make a list of supporters if I get enough, by the way.)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Okay, BluePikmin11. Hey, could you help me? I want to make a support list. Also, could you probably spread the word about this thread, please?

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
Man, now this is going really obscure. I would love to work on a translation patch one day.

I don't think they've got much of a chance to go playable, but the game definitely deserves a trophy or two. Back in Melee we had trophies from series like Famicom Grand Prix, Famicom Tantei Club, Card Hero, Doshin the Giant, Shin Onigashima and the then-obscure Animal Forest. Brawl didn't really seem to go down that road, instead sticking mostly to series that were represented in the game by a stage or character. I hope, judging by the Captain Rainbow trophy, SSB4 is gonna have some more obscure trophy cameos.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Just wanted to bump this thread, In hopes of supporters for these three young heroes. (Also, because I had a dream that these three would be hidden playable fighters in the game.)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would the Treasure Island Heroes' moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would the Treasure Island Heroes' moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
I picture the 3 boys to switch out between battle, or least, be separate playable characters. Anyway, Dion could be a Speedster with Trickster properties, such as using various attacks to keep you confused. But he could be an All-Around character, with some fist-fighting moves overall. Also, I imagine him to be about the height of Ness and/or Lucas (Unless, they have the same height. I haven't seen them that close to each other in Brawl.) if not a bit shorter.

Max could obviously be a Bruiser, and as a bit of an added "joke" he'd be equipped with a few Resistor properties despite his appearance. Due to this, Max can also carry objects such as Crates and Barrels with ease and similar to Donkey Kong, he can move while carrying and he moves quite fast doing this. Not as fast as DK, but quite quick enough.

Jack seems like can be a bit of a Zoner while building different gadgets to help him in battle (Summoner) and also has an amazing jump height, almost reaching that of Falco in Melee and also his throws can all set up into combos, so he racks up damage well.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I picture the 3 boys to switch out between battle, or least, be separate playable characters. Anyway, Dion could be a Speedster with Trickster properties, such as using various attacks to keep you confused. But he could be an All-Around character, with some fist-fighting moves overall. Also, I imagine him to be about the height of Ness and/or Lucas (Unless, they have the same height. I haven't seen them that close to each other in Brawl.) if not a bit shorter.

Max could obviously be a Bruiser, and as a bit of an added "joke" he'd be equipped with a few Resistor properties despite his appearance. Due to this, Max can also carry objects such as Crates and Barrels with ease and similar to Donkey Kong, he can move while carrying and he moves quite fast doing this. Not as fast as DK, but quite quick enough.

Jack seems like can be a bit of a Zoner while building different gadgets to help him in battle (Summoner) and also has an amazing jump height, almost reaching that of Falco in Melee and also his throws can all set up into combos, so he racks up damage well.
What characters would give them the most trouble?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys! It's great to be back!:b: Granted, it's...uh....pretty darn late to the party:urg:, but still better.....(REALLY) late than never, right?:p

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Oh wow. This is really late huh?

It's a shame these characters haven't made anymore appearances throughout the years (even Donbe & Hikari have that) I think that's going to hurt them.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh wow. This is really late huh?

It's a shame these characters haven't made anymore appearances throughout the years (even Donbe & Hikari have that) I think that's going to hurt them.
I figured I may as well rejoin the party, better late than never, right? Honestly, I'm expecting them as candidates for Smash 5, rather than Smash 4 DLC. Obviously.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Same here with Barbara. I hope to spread the word so that people will be asking for her in the next game.

Top Bottom